#UFC Fight Night 126 #Donald Cerrone #Yancy Medeiros #Derrick Lewis #Marcin Tybura #UFC Fight Night 57 #Sage Northcutt #Curtis Millender #Thiago Alves #Bellator 194

Michael Bisping Could Pull a Conor McGregor and Go After Daniel Cormier Next | MMAWeekly.com

Conor McGregor isn’t notorious solely for his fighting style, he’s also notorious about his business acumen, at least in the combat sports world.

Though he was the first athlete to capture two UFC world titles concurrently, McGregor goes after the biggest fight he can find, weight classes be damned. And with his recent fight with Floyd Mayweather, he’s shown that he doesn’t even have to stay inside his chosen sport.

Could middleweight champion Michael Bisping be ready to follow suit?

Bisping has already been accused of ducking the top contenders in the 185-pound division, as his lone title defense has been against Dan Henderson, who was granted the fight due to his legendary status and pending retirement, not because he held the top spot in the weight class. Now, Bisping is slated to put his belt up against returning former welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre in what will likely be the largest payday of the Brit’s lengthy career.

Though he’s waffled between retirement and putting the belt on the line again if he defeats GSP, there’s a new wrinkle to the Bisping title defense saga, as it seems a superfight with light heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier could be in its infancy.

Michael Bisping and Daniel Cormier“Get my feet back under me, something kind of easy — give me Bisping. Give me Bisping!” Cormier said with a smile on his face when he and Bisping shared UFC broadcast duties this past weekend on FXX. “I’m trying to do some easy work. Give me Bisping.”

It appeared to be a playful taunt between co-workers at the time, but perhaps in Bisping’s mind, while he also saw it that way, it sprouted the idea that maybe his “big money fight” tour might not end with his UFC 217 headlining bout opposite St-Pierre on Nov. 4 in New York. Bisping recently indicated that the taunts weren’t isolated to the public broadcast.

“I was working with Daniel Cormier at the weekend and – first and foremost, we had a great time – all he kept talking about all weekend was, ‘Mike, I want to fight you next. I want to fight you.’ On air, off air, at the hotel, constantly. He’s like, ‘Mike, I will break you within five minutes.’ Dude, are you crazy? Do you really believe that?”Bisping said on the Tuesday edition of his Believe You Me podcast.

“I don’t know if he’s joking or if he’s serious, but if he is serious, I’ll fight him next. Even though I said last week I’m gonna retire, I would fight Daniel Cormier because that would be a huge fight. DC is a great guy, he’s hilarious, hell of a fighter, and he seems to be targeting a fight with me. So DC, if you’re serious, which I kind of think you are, then yeah, screw it, if only to annoy everyone in the world, I will, again fight somebody who doesn’t fight at middleweight.”

It wouldn’t be something unheard of for Bisping, who, as he said, at 38 years of age, is about ready to hang up his gloves. A high-dollar fight with Cormier to follow a high-dollar fight with St-Pierre would be a nice addition to his bank account to end his career.

And it’s not like it would be new territory for Bisping, who fought the early part of his career in the 205-pound division.

“I used to fight at 205, Dan,” he continued. “I was 15-0, so be careful what you wish for.”

Galleries

Conor McGregor Fights

• a year ago

Michael Bisping Fights

• a year ago

Daniel Cormier Fights

• a year ago

Comments

Conor McGregor Still Wants Floyd Mayweather Rematch; Mayweather Sends a Message | MMAWeekly.com

Conor McGregor and Floyd Mayweather continue to hint at a possible rematch in the future. read news >>

Stipe Miocic Not Going to Change and Act Like Conor McGregor | MMAWeekly.com

With great fame comes great responsibility, just ask Conor McGregor and Ronda Rousey. But Stipe Miocic isn't going to change for anybody. read news >>

Michael Bisping, Oscar De La Hoya Talk Conor McGregor, Floyd Mayweather Rematch

Former UFC middleweight champion Michael Bisping and former six-weight boxing world champion Oscar De La Hoya have had their say on the possibility of Conor McGregor and Floyd Mayweather Jr. fighting read news >>

Nate Diaz Trumps Conor McGregor and Floyd Mayweather in Social Media Scuffle | MMAWeekly.com

While Floyd Mayweather and Conor McGregor have been going toe-to-toe in the social media cage, Nate Diaz swooped in to make it a Triple Threat match. read news >>

Conor McGregor Takes a Jab at Max Holloway | MMAWeekly.com

Champion vs. Champion... on social media, as UFC lightweight champ Conor McGregor takes a jab at featherweight titleholder Max Holloway. read news >>

Michael Bisping Responds to Lyoto Machida Calling Him Out | MMAWeekly.com

Michael Bisping has probably been called out more during his career than just about any other athlete on the roster so hearing his named mentioned by a potential opponent after a fight is nothing new read news >>

Floyd Mayweather and Conor McGregor Trade Elbows; Winner = McGregor | MMAWeekly.com

Floyd Mayweather and Conor McGregor's latest social media flare-up saw them trading elbows. Winner? McGregor, of course! read news >>

Dana White Addresses Floyd Mayweather vs. Conor McGregor 2 Happening in the UFC | MMAWeekly.com

Dana White doesn't seem to hate the idea of matching up Floyd Mayweather with Conor McGregor as long as it takes place inside the Octagon read news >>

Matt Brown Wants to Punch 'Piece of S–t' Snoop Dogg for Conor McGregor Comments | MMAWeekly.com

Hip-hop icon Snoop Dogg made plenty of friends and more than a few enemies while doing commentary this past summer for Dana White's Tuesday Night Contender series where he was paired up with Urijah F read news >>

Jeremy Stephens Confident Conor McGregor Fight Could Happen | MMAWeekly.com

Though he's got Josh Emmett immediately in front of him at UFC on FOX 28, Jeremy Stephens fully believes that a fight with Conor McGregor could easily happen. read news >>