#UFC 218 #UFC Fight Night 123 #Brian Ortega #Conor McGregor #Cub Swanson #Lomachenko vs Rigondeaux #UFC 217 #Francis Ngannou #Alistair Overeem #Max Holloway

Conor McGregor isn’t notorious solely for his fighting style, he’s also notorious about his business acumen, at least in the combat sports world.

Though he was the first athlete to capture two UFC world titles concurrently, McGregor goes after the biggest fight he can find, weight classes be damned. And with his recent fight with Floyd Mayweather, he’s shown that he doesn’t even have to stay inside his chosen sport.

Could middleweight champion Michael Bisping be ready to follow suit?

Bisping has already been accused of ducking the top contenders in the 185-pound division, as his lone title defense has been against Dan Henderson, who was granted the fight due to his legendary status and pending retirement, not because he held the top spot in the weight class. Now, Bisping is slated to put his belt up against returning former welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre in what will likely be the largest payday of the Brit’s lengthy career.

Though he’s waffled between retirement and putting the belt on the line again if he defeats GSP, there’s a new wrinkle to the Bisping title defense saga, as it seems a superfight with light heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier could be in its infancy.

Michael Bisping and Daniel Cormier“Get my feet back under me, something kind of easy — give me Bisping. Give me Bisping!” Cormier said with a smile on his face when he and Bisping shared UFC broadcast duties this past weekend on FXX. “I’m trying to do some easy work. Give me Bisping.”

It appeared to be a playful taunt between co-workers at the time, but perhaps in Bisping’s mind, while he also saw it that way, it sprouted the idea that maybe his “big money fight” tour might not end with his UFC 217 headlining bout opposite St-Pierre on Nov. 4 in New York. Bisping recently indicated that the taunts weren’t isolated to the public broadcast.

“I was working with Daniel Cormier at the weekend and – first and foremost, we had a great time – all he kept talking about all weekend was, ‘Mike, I want to fight you next. I want to fight you.’ On air, off air, at the hotel, constantly. He’s like, ‘Mike, I will break you within five minutes.’ Dude, are you crazy? Do you really believe that?”Bisping said on the Tuesday edition of his Believe You Me podcast.

“I don’t know if he’s joking or if he’s serious, but if he is serious, I’ll fight him next. Even though I said last week I’m gonna retire, I would fight Daniel Cormier because that would be a huge fight. DC is a great guy, he’s hilarious, hell of a fighter, and he seems to be targeting a fight with me. So DC, if you’re serious, which I kind of think you are, then yeah, screw it, if only to annoy everyone in the world, I will, again fight somebody who doesn’t fight at middleweight.”

It wouldn’t be something unheard of for Bisping, who, as he said, at 38 years of age, is about ready to hang up his gloves. A high-dollar fight with Cormier to follow a high-dollar fight with St-Pierre would be a nice addition to his bank account to end his career.

And it’s not like it would be new territory for Bisping, who fought the early part of his career in the 205-pound division.

“I used to fight at 205, Dan,” he continued. “I was 15-0, so be careful what you wish for.”

Galleries

Conor McGregor Fights

• a year ago

Michael Bisping Fights

• a year ago

Daniel Cormier Fights

• a year ago

Comments

Max Holloway Takes a Shot at Conor McGregor | MMAWeekly.com

Max Holloway answers questions about a potential rematch with Conor McGregor and takes a shot at the reigning UFC lightweight champion. read news >>

Showtime Boxing Year in Review is Heavy on Conor McGregor and Floyd Mayweather | MMAWeekly.com

• a day ago

Showtime Boxing recapped a busy year with a heavy dose of the Mayweather vs. McGregor blockbuster. read news >>

UFC on FOX 26: Lawler vs. dos Anjos Live Results and Fight Stats | MMAWeekly.com

• a day ago

Follow along for UFC on FOX 26: Lawler vs. dos Anjos full live results and fight stats. First fight is slated for 4 pm ET / 1 pm PT on Saturday, Dec. 16. read news >>

Could Nate Diaz Follow Conor McGregor from the UFC into Boxing?

• a day ago

Nate Diaz has been chasing a rubber match with Conor McGregor for over a year now, and he might be willing to hunt that opportunity across multiple sports. Following an ominous tweet from Diaz hintin read news >>

Alexander Gustafsson: 'The Real Champion is Jon Jones' | MMAWeekly.com

• an hour ago

Top ranked light heavyweight contender Alexander Gustafsson considers Jon Jones the real 205-pound champion despite Daniel Cormier holding the belt. read news >>

Dana White Moving Forward As If Conor McGregor Isn't Going to Return | MMAWeekly.com

Dana White might be interested in a rematch between Conor McGregor and Max Holloway, but right now, he's not sure if McGregor will ever return. read news >>

Dustin Poirier Agrees It's Time for Conor McGregor to Defend His Title or Get Stripped | MMAWeekly.com

• 31 minutes ago

Dustin Poirier wants to become UFC lightweight champion but his path to the title looks rather muddy right now with Conor McGregor on the sidelines with no indication on when he might return. McGrego read news >>

Manny Pacquiao Insists Conor McGregor Among Those Considered for His Next Fight | MMAWeekly.com

Conor McGregor was unable to upset Floyd Mayweather, so maybe he could defeat Manny Pacquiao, another boxer that Mayweather got the better of. read news >>

UFC 218 Wrap Up, Conor McGregor vs. Max Holloway 2, Francis Ngannou, and More (Fight Society) | MMAWeekly.com

Tune in for a breakdown of UFC 218: Holloway vs. Aldo 2, a discussion about a potential Conor McGregor vs. Max Holloway rematch, and more. read news >>

Dana White Shuts Down Conor McGregor vs. Manny Pacquiao Rumors | MMAWeekly.com

If Manny Pacquiao is really in talks for a fight with Conor McGregor, UFC president Dana White would love to know who he's negotiating with to make it happen. On Friday, Pacquiao made an off handed r read news >>