#UFC Fight Night 117 #UFC Fight Night 52 #Jessica Andrade #Claudia Gadelha #Ovince St. Preux #Bellator 183 #Gokhan Saki #Fight Night Pittsburgh #Yushin Okami #Paul Daley #Takanori Gomi #Teruto Ishihara

Leonard Garcia at WEC 32By John Morgan/TAGG Radio Network

Less than 24 hours after Leonard Garcia’s (11-3) successful WEC debut, there is only one thought on his mind: getting back in the gym.

“Right now, I just called out one of the baddest dudes out there, so I got to get to work,” Garcia said.

After an impressive first-round TKO over Shooto and K-1 Hero’s veteran Hiroyuki Takaya (9-5-1), Garcia called out current WEC featherweight champion Urijah “The California Kid” Faber (20-1) in his post-fight interview.

Garcia was a guest on Thursday’s edition of TAGG Radio (www.taggradio.com), a content partner of MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com), and discussed the fight and his future plans.

“Urijah is a superstar, man,” Garcia said. “He just makes things up as he goes. I’m going to have to be ready for whatever he brings. So, it’s time to get back to work.”

Faber will likely next fight former UFC champion Jens Pulver, though a date for the bout hasn’t officially been announced. Regardless, with his own move to the WEC, Garcia said he feels confident after his drop from lightweight to featherweight, despite the win being his first fight at 145 lbs.

“It was a great cut for me,” Garcia said. “I was 149 (lbs.) when I woke up in the morning… It was real natural for me. I feel more athletic and a lot stronger at this weight. I think it was a great move for me.”

Garcia credits his excitement to return to the gym to his new affiliation with Jackson’s Submission Fighting in Albuquerque, N.M.

“Up until last year, I’ve never been to an MMA camp,” Garcia said. “This place has been a huge difference. I’m learning everything — submissions every day, guard passes. I’m still learning all these things. I’m still growing as a fighter.”

Garcia first caught many MMA fans’ eyes in two recent 15-minute wars in the UFC with lightweight contender Roger Huerta (20-1-1) and up-and-comer Cole Miller (13-3). But although those battles are memorable, Garcia said he prefers the type of quick finishes he displayed on Wednesday night.

“Any time you can end it early, that’s nice,” Garcia said. “Don’t get me wrong, I look back at the Roger Huerta fight, and I enjoy watching it. It’s one of those things that I enjoy being able to go to. But we’re fighters; we want to last long in this game. I don’t mind having a war if I have to, but if I can end it early, I definitely will. The sooner the better for me.”

No plans for a Garcia-Faber fight have been rumored yet, but that won’t stop Garcia from hitting the gym as soon as possible to begin the preparation.

“I don’t party or anything,” Garcia said. “I actually was going to go down there (Thursday) and do a little bit of drilling, but coach was telling me, â??You need the weekend off.’ I’ll be back ready to go on Monday.”

To hear the full interview, download Thursday’s edition of TAGG Radio, available for free in the TAGG Radio archives.

This story was produced by TAGG Radio specially for MMAjunkie.com. The show — which is hosted by fighter/broadcaster Frank Trigg, Gorgeous George and Goze — books some of the biggest names in MMA. Download all the former episodes at www.taggradio.com, or tune into TAGG Radio’s live shows Monday-Friday at noon ET/9 a.m. PT.

Galleries

Urijah Faber Fights

• a year ago

Comments

Did Mayweather vs. McGregor do 6.5 million PPV buys like Urijah Faber claims Dana White said?

If true, Mayweather vs. McGregor absolutely obliterates the Mayweather-Pacquiao total from 2015.Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured, Featured Videos, News, UFC read news >>

UFC vet Brad Pickett slaps Cage Warriors champ Nathaniel Wood because his dad doesn't

Although UFC and WEC vet Brad Pickett has officially retired from fighting, he isn’t past hitting other men in the face. But don’t worry: It’s for a noble cause.Filed under: Blue Corner, Cage Warrior read news >>

Former UFC Champ Germaine de Randamie Undergoes Successful Hand Surgery | MMAWeekly.com

Germaine de Randamie is on the road to recovery after having hand surgery this week. The former UFC women's featherweight champion posted a photo on her Instagram account after going through the surg read news >>

Urijah Faber, Cody Garbrandt Accuse T.J. Dillashaw of 'Cheap Shotting' Teammates in Practice | MMAWeekly.com

The feud between T.J. Dillashaw and his former teammates at Team Alpha Male in Sacramento isn't going away any time soon it seems. As current bantamweight champion Cody Garbrandt prepares to meet his read news >>

Cody Garbrandt, Urijah Faber: T.J. Dillashaw trained dirty, ended Chris Holdsworth's career

Cody Garbrandt and Urijah Faber explain why T.J. Dillashaw is at least partially to blame for ending Chris Holdsworth’s career.Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured, Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

UFC exec Dave Shaw: Edmonton return planned despite commission controversy

Despite its controversial commission, the UFC intends to return Edmonton in the future after a successful debut with UFC 215. Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Before UFC-Pittsburgh main event, watch David Branch's successful return to the UFC

Before his main event against Luke Rockhold, check out David Branch’s return to the UFC with a split decision win over Krzysztof Jotko.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

ONE Championship's Ben Askren eyes matchmaking job – but first, a successful finale

Two months shy of his final fight, Ben Askren is trying to write the perfect ending – a professional MMA career of 18-0 – and set up his future.Filed under: Featured, News read news >>

Urijah Faber defends 'gentleman' and fellow DWCS commentator Snoop Dogg

After working with Snoop Dogg on Dana White’s Contender Series, retired UFC vet Urijah Faber has nothing but nice things to say about the rapper: “The way he treated me and other people was pretty gr read news >>