After winning a unanimous decision over Ian McCall on Feb. 2 at UFC 156, Joseph Benavidez is right back in the title mix at 125 pounds.

In a recent interview with the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Beatdown” show, he discussed his victory over McCall, flyweight champ Demetrious Johnson and more.

On the decision against McCall: “I thought it was very clear that I won the first and the third. Honestly, I think I won every minute of that fight besides the little mishap on the ground. Even that second round, I was winning until that happened, which that is another story.”

On how he got rocked in the second round: “I was rocked and I was recovering from something and I figured he hit me. When I told my cornermen, they were like, ‘Dude, you didn’t get hit or dropped by anything.’ Watching the replay, I shot directly in past him and right into his knee. I guess it just rocked my head. I was rocked down there and I thought I got punched.”

On where he stands in the division: “I think I’m right there. I think I’m the next best in the weight class. Demetrious is obviously the champion because he’s beat the next three best guys. A lot of champions, even now, even the reigning champions, they haven’t fought those next three guys. They might have wiped out the rest of the guys down there, but most of the champions haven’t fought the number two-, three- and four-ranked guys right now at this moment and defeated them. Demetrious has.”

On Johnson’s title defense against John Dodson: “I loved it. It was a champion’s performance. He was a champion. He faced adversity in the second round, and where he won the fight was the championship rounds. Everyone’s going to be skilled and powerful and be good at this and that, but he showed those other attributes he has: his heart and his cardio and those small things that separate champions from other fighters. … I was happy for him. I was happy for the weight class. It was a great showcase because also, the challenger, Dodson, fought amazing. I think he’s as dangerous as anybody for three rounds.”

On what’s next: “I’m willing to fight whoever the UFC wants me to. I’m ready for any fight. If the UFC wants to give me a title shot, of course I’m going to do everything in my power to go out there and take it and I’ll be ready. I really, really believe I can defeat ‘Mighty Mouse’ this time and fight a lot better fight. If they want me to fight someone else, I’ll just be even better by the time I do get the title shot. I think that’s inevitable at some point.”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 1:54:20).

Joseph Benavidez still fixated on champ Johnson, but would fight Reis in title-eliminator

Riding a six-fight winning streak that goes back to his second loss to champ Demetrious Johnson, Joseph Benavidez still eyes a third title shot: “Demetrious is the only fight I want, always.”Filed un read news >>

Gegard Mousasi says champ Michael Bisping has 'a good chance of winning' against Yoel Romero

While UFC middleweight champion Michael Bisping is currently recovering from surgery, his fellow 185-pounders are busy sorting out the title picture for 2017. Up first, it seems, will be powerful Cub read news >>

DJ says he'd consider going after second belt

DEMETRIOUS JOHNSON WOULD CONSIDER CHASING SECOND UFC BELT 'IF THE MONEY'S RIGHT' By NESN Staff read news >>

Abel Trujillo full media scrum ahead of UFC Fight Night 104

HOUSTON – Lightweight Abel Trujillo is on a nice winning streak but continues to fly under the radar. He’s hoping to change that.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

UFC Fight Night 104's Jessica Andrade believes title shot looms with win over Angela Hill

Jessica Andrade believes she’s close to a strawweight title shot, and that a win on Saturday might put her over the top. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Yair Rodriguez believes Penn win has him creeping closer to UFC featherweight title shot

HOUSTON – After his brutal beatdown of UFC Hall of Famer B.J. Penn a few weeks ago, Yair Rodriguez can admit just taking the fight put him in a no-win situation. Filed under: Featured Videos, News, U read news >>

Demian Maia Issues Statement on Waiting for UFC Title Shot | MMAWeekly.com

Demian Maia believes he is next in line for a UFC welterweight title shot and is willing to wait for it. read news >>

Sean Shelby's Shoes: What's next for Chan Sung Jung and UFC Fight Night 104's other winning fighters?

UFC Fight Night 104’s main card produced three finishes out of six fights, but no victory was more impressive than Chan Sung Jung’s in the headliner of Saturday’s event at Toyota Center in Houston. L read news >>

UFC Fight Night 104 reactions: Winning and losing fighters on social media

Since the early days when the sport was anything but a mainstream endeavor, the MMA industry has thrived and survived through various websites, forums and, perhaps most importantly, social-media plat read news >>

Watch MMAjunkie Radio here (1 p.m. ET): UFC 208's Ian McCall, Fernanda Prates

MMAjunkie Radio kicks off today at 1 p.m. ET (10 a.m. PT) with guests Ian McCall and Fernanda Prates.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>