#UFC on Fox 26 #Robbie Lawler #Rafael dos Anjos #Mike Perry #Santiago Ponzinibbio #Bellator 191 #Jared Cannonier #UFC 218 #Francis Ngannou #Michael McDonald #Conor McGregor #Peter Ligier

SHANGHAI – If Michael Bisping wants a fight, Jorge Masvidal will give him one – now, on Saturday, in his retirement fight, or whenever.

Masvidal wasn’t initially jazzed about a nearly daylong flight to China, but when the UFC headed to Shanghai – with late replacement Bisping in the headliner – “Gamebred” couldn’t say no.

After all, there’s an ever-so-slight chance it could lead to an actual fight with Bisping – in the octagon, anyway, if Kelvin Gastelum (13-3 MMA, 8-3 UFC) is forced out of the UFC Fight Night 122 headliner against Bisping (30-8 MMA, 20-8 UFC)

“Yeah, I would go up in a heartbeat,” Masvidal (32-13 MMA, 9-6 UFC), who’s No. 12 in the USA TODAY Sports/MMAjunkie MMA welterweight rankings, today said. “I didn’t want to be on a long flight, but when I heard Bisping was taking the fight, I said, ‘For sure take me to China just in case Gastelum does’t make over there.’

“But I don’t like the dude, so I’ll fight him at any weight class, any weight – doesn’t matter.”

During UFC 217 fight week earlier this month, Masvidal and Bisping had a few well-documented run-ins following a seemingly innocent Twitter beef. But tempers flared when the vets crossed paths in real life, and it’s apparently arrived in Shanghai, which hosts Saturday’s UFC Fight Pass-streamed UFC Fight Night 122 event at Mercedes-Benz Arena.

Masvidal, who’s in China as a guest fighter for public-relations and fan events, crossed paths with former middleweight champ Bisping, who recently replaced Anderson Silva at UFC Fight Night 122, on his way to a fighter Q&A event.

“Actually, just as I was heading over here, I saw him – f*cking what’s his face,” Masvidal said of Bisping. “But I can’t stand the dude.

“He started saying, ‘shame, shame, shame.’ And he’s with his wife or his kids, or some type of girls are with him. I don’t want to make a scene in front of them, but he’s just a coward. As long as (media events are) happening, he’s going to talk, and he’s going to do sh*t. But if it’s just me and him, and we go somewhere to talk, he’s not going to do that.”

Masvidal, who previously competed at lightweight before a somewhat permanent move to welterweight in 2015, said he’s willing to move up another weight class for a fight with Bisping. So far, it looks like Gastelum, who’s struggled with past weight cuts, is good to go for Saturday. That means a late-notice slot for Masvidal is looking less and less likely. However, if Bisping is game and still wants to retire after UFC Fight Night 127, which takes place in March 2018 in “The Count’s” native England, Masvidal is willing to be his final opponent.

“I already made it clear: I’ll fight that guy anywhere, bro,” he said. “I’m not going to say I’d do it for free because then the UFC might not pay me, but I’d fight him anywhere.

“For him, it’s whatever, whenever. I dislike the guy genuinely.”

For more on UFC Fight Night 122 and UFC Fight Night 127, check out the UFC Rumors section of the site.

Galleries

Michael Bisping Fights

• a year ago

Jorge Masvidal Fights

• a month ago

Comments

Four Fighters Miss Weight (UFC Sydney Weigh-in Results) | MMAWeekly.com

The 26 fighters competing on Saturday's UFC Fight Night: Werdum vs. Tybura fight card officially weighed in today in Sydney, Australia. read news >>

UFC Fight Night 121 Results: Fabricio Werdum Beats Marcin Tybura by Decision

UFC made its return to Australia on Saturday night with a Fight Night show that saw Fabricio Werdum defeat Marcin Tybura by unanimous decision in the main event. Werdum was a replacement on the Sydne read news >>

Relive Michael Bisping's TKO Win Over Cung Le (UFC Shanghai Free Fight) | MMAWeekly.com

Take a look back at Michael Bisping's TKO win over Cung Le. Bisping steps in on short notice to face Kelvin Gastelum in the main event of Fight Night Shanghai. read news >>

Jorge Masvidal Doesn't Want Georges St-Pierre to Hold Up the Welterweight Division | MMAWeekly.com

No. 6 ranked welterweight Jorge Masvidal hopes his weight class doesn't experience the same log jam that the lightweight and middleweight division's have. read news >>

USA TODAY Sports/MMAjunkie MMA rankings, Nov. 21: Can Gastelum make big leap?

The UFC is in mainland China for the first time this week, and “The Ultimate Fighter 17” winner Kelvin Gastelum is poised for a potentially massive leap.Filed under: AXS TV Fights, Bellator, MMA Rank read news >>

Before UFC-Shanghai, watch Michael Bisping's 2014 bout with Cung Le

Before the UFC set its debut in mainland China for this coming weekend, the organization visited Macau, where Michael Bisping headlined against Cung Le in 2014.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Georges St-Pierre: 'My entourage told me it was a bad idea' to fight Michael Bisping at UFC 217

Georges St-Pierre admits there was some conflict within his team regarding his comeback vs. Michael Bisping at UFC 217.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

UFC Fight Night 122 pre-event facts: How legendary is Michael Bisping? Just look at his resume

Check out 50 facts, figures and footnotes about UFC Fight Night 122, which features a Michael Bisping vs. Kelvin Gastelum main event.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Bellator MMA and Kickboxing Returns to Florence, Italy with Bellator 190 | MMAWeekly.com

Bellator returns to Florence, Italy on Saturday, December 9, when both Bellator MMA and Bellator Kickboxing. read news >>

3-1 'dog Michael Bisping 'not expecting a walk in the park' at UFC-Shanghai vs. Kelvin Gastelum

Michael Bisping returns just three weeks after losing his middleweight title when he meets Kelvin Gastelum in the UFC-Shanghai headliner.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC, Videos read news >>