#UFC Fight Night 83 #Conor McGregor #Luke Rockhold #David Branch #Nate Diaz #Saturday Night Fights #UFC 215 #Michael Bisping #GGG #Jon Jones

Glover Teixeira Talks About

Third-ranked UFC light heavyweight Glover Teixeira doesn't want to make excuses regarding his unanimous-decision loss to Jon Jones in their title fight at UFC 172

Teixeira, however, offered an explanation for his lackluster performance that resulted in his first career UFC setback to MMAFighting.com's Guilherme Cruz.

That shoulder crank in the first round really hurt me. I regret letting him do that, it was a big mistake. But there’s nothing I can do about it now. After the first round, I had no punching power, and I had to push him with my left arm in the clinch, so I pretty much tired my both shoulders. I have to evolve in a lot of aspects of the fight, there’s not much to say.

Because of Jones' wicked first-round shoulder crank on Teixeira, a Brazilian jiu-jitsu black belt who's never been submitted, the 34-year-old Brazilian will need surgery to repair his torn labrum.

Regardless of the fight's lopsided outcome, Teixeira, unbeaten since 2005 prior to UFC 172, still talked about squandered opportunities against "Bones."

"I’m disappointed with the fight and the things I let him do. Some things I thought would be harder to do, like blocking his kicks and closing the distance, but it was easier than I thought. I can’t say ‘Oh, if I had the chance to close the distance and hit him.’ I had that chance."

Taking advantage of his 84.5-inch reach, Jones outstruck Teixeira, 158-65, including 138-53 in the significant strikes category, according to FightMetric.

Jones suffered his lone career loss in a disqualification against Matt Hamill in 2009. He has defended his 205-pound belt a record seven times.

Teixeira won his first five bouts in the UFC, including two by submission and two by TKO.

Galleries

Jon Jones Fights

• a year ago

Glover Teixeira Fights

• a year ago

Comments

Jon Jones' Steroid Test 'Highly Unlikely' to Be Mistake, Dana White Says

UFC President Dana White isn't holding out hope Jon Jones will be cleared when his positive drug test receives further scrutiny. White told TMZ Sports Thursday it's "highly unlikely" Jones' B sample read news >>

Jon Jones' Manager Confounded, Refuses to Believe Jones Cheated | MMAWeekly.com

UFC champion Jon Jones is in the midst facing what could be yet another setback in his life, but his manager refuses to believe he cheated. read news >>

Is Dana White's Relationship with Jon Jones Over? | MMAWeekly.com

UFC president Dana White briefly talked about his relationship with Jon Jones with the press at the UFC 215 216 media day on Thursday. TRENDING > Jon Jones' Manager Confounded, Refuses to Believe Jon read news >>

UFC 215's Ilir Latifi not ready to judge Jon Jones during turbulent time for 205-pound division

Regardless of what happens with Jon Jones, Ilir Latifi believes the UFC light heavyweight division will thrive.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

CSAC executive director: UFC champ Jon Jones situation 'doesn't make any sense'

Why would Jon Jones fail a pre-fight drug test that he knew about while passing two surprise tests weeks earlier? Could a tainted supplement really be to blame, or did he take one thing thinking it w read news >>

Conor McGregor: 'Essentially, I Am Representing the UFC' | MMAWeekly.com

UFC lightweight champ Conor McGregor talks about his training at the UFC Performance Institute days before his boxing debut against Floyd Mayweather Jr. read news >>

Dana White isn't optimistic about UFC champ Jon Jones' B sample, laments what could've been

In two words, UFC President Dana White sums up the Jon Jones situation after a failed drug test: “It’s bad.”Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

UFC Commentator Joe Rogan Says Jon Jones Is the 'No. 1 F--kup of All Time'

Last week hosted one of the biggest combat sports extravaganzas of all time, but it wasn't all fun and games. There was a dark cloud hanging over those festivities in the form of the announcement tha read news >>

Glover Teixeira vs. Misha Cirkunov moved from Brazil to UFC on FOX 26 in Canada

Brazil’s loss is Canada’s gain as Glover Teixeira vs. Misha Cirkunov has been moved to Winnipeg.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Jon Jones' B sample from UFC 214 also positive for steroid turinabol

Jon Jones is now likely to go to arbitration with the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency in an attempt to clear his name. Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>