#UFC Fight Night 118 #Darren Till #Donald Cerrone #Artem Lobov #Bellator 185 #Andre Fili #KSW 40 #MMA Rocks #Karolina Kowalkiewicz #Gegard Mousasi #Alexander Shlemenko #Norman Parke #Conor McGregor #Kristina Williams #Jan Blachowicz

05-Daniel-Cormier-UFC-170-w-0617-478x270Daniel Cormier quickly took car of business against Patrick Cummins at UFC 170 on Saturday evening.

The quick finish came on the heels of a heated war of words between the two, following Cummins making claims to being the cause to Cormier crying during their wrestling days.

This got under Cormier’s skin, but the UFC 170 victor said he’s not going to rub it in Cummins’ face. However, Cormier said the two need to hash some things out.

“I’m not going to kick a guy while he’s down. He and I are going to have to talk and figure out why he did it,” Cormier said on the UFC 170 post-fight show on FOX Sports 1. “Obviously he’s in the UFC. I think he has a bright future. It’s just a very tall order to come in on 10 days notice against one of the better guys in the division.”

During the fight, Cormier didn’t have a chance to talk any trash back to Cummins, he revealed. After all, a first round finish typically leaves little time to discuss things. But that was part of the plan, Cormier said, and UFC 170 was a success in all aspects.

“I was all fired up,” he said. “It’s my first time getting a finish in the UFC, so it’s a big deal for me. I’m excited. Everything was a success. The weight cut, everything just went according to plan.”

Coming down from the heavyweight division, many wondered how Cormier would perform at 205 pounds. With the technical knockout in Las Vegas on Saturday night, Cormier said his power will take him places in his new division. The former Olympian discovered his hands have heavyweight bulk to them.

“I felt great. I felt like my power affected him more than it did with the bigger guys,” he said. “I don’t even think I hit him very good with the uppercut that landed to knock him down … I think my power is going to carry me a little further at 205 pounds.”

As for his next opponent, Cormier isn’t calling anyone out just yet. But the new light heavyweight said he’ll stand by his phone, wait for a call, and say yes to whatever offer is extended from the other line.

If someone happens to fall off an upcoming fight card, Cormier will stay in shape to step in on short notice, he said. It doesn’t matter who stands opposite to him, Cormier said he’ll be ready.

“I’m just going to wait for the call. There are a lot of 205-pound fights coming up,” he said. “I’ll just always stay on call, waiting, keep training and being prepared. If they need me, I’ll step in, whether it be that Glover [Teixeira] gets hurt and fight for the champion, Phil [Davis] gets hurt, fight Anthony Johnson. It doesn’t matter.”

Galleries

Jon Jones Fights

• a year ago

Daniel Cormier Fights

• a year ago

Glover Teixeira Fights

• a year ago

Comments

UFC champ Daniel Cormier names Volkan Oezdemir as next title challenger

Daniel Cormier is moving on from Jon Jones and lining up his next fight. Apparently, he’s cutting out the UFC’s matchmaking middlemen too.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Daniel Cormier Weighs In on Alexander Gustafsson or Volkan Oezdemir for Next Title Shot | MMAWeekly.com

UFC light heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier isn't planning to return in 2017 but that doesn't mean he can't look ahead to what comes next. Cormier was crowned champion again just a few weeks ago af read news >>

Michael Bisping Could Pull a Conor McGregor and Go After Daniel Cormier Next | MMAWeekly.com

Could middleweight champion Michael Bisping be ready to follow Conor McGregor in pursuit of "big money" superfights beyond Georges St-Pierre? read news >>

Daniel Cormier Calls for Fight with Volkan Oezdemir Next | MMAWeekly.com

Daniel Cormier asked and the fans responded. The reigning UFC light heavyweight champion put out a call on social media recently asking who he should face when he returns to action in 2018 with the o read news >>

Daniel Cormier Fires Back at Volkan Oezdemir Over Two Minute Warning | MMAWeekly.com

UFC light heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier is still awaiting word on his next title defense but all signs are pointing towards a showdown with surging contender Volkan Oezdemir. Oezdemir burst ont read news >>

Watch MMAjunkie Radio here (1 p.m. ET) with Daniel Cormier (in studio) and Urijah Faber

MMAjunkie Radio kicks off today at 1 p.m. ET (10 a.m. PT) with guests Daniel Cormier, who’s in studio, and Urijah Faber.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Stream or download MMAjunkie Radio #2538 with guests Daniel Cormier, Urijah Faber

Stream or download Friday’s episode of MMAjunkie Radio with guests Daniel Cormier and Urijah Faber.Filed under: News, Radio, UFC read news >>

Joe Rogan and Daniel Cormier Proclaim Demetrious Johnson the G.O.A.T. | MMAWeekly.com

Flyweight champion Demetrious Johnson made a strong case on Saturday that he's the greatest fighter of all time. read news >>

UFC champ Daniel Cormier apologizes to Anthony Johnson: 'The reality is, I was wrong'

A few days after stirring up a social media back-and-forth, UFC champion Daniel Cormier thinks he shouldn’t have called Anthony Johnson soft: “Not everybody should view competition like I do.”Filed u read news >>

Everyone is making fun of Daniel Cormier's struggle with an audio cord

As if Daniel Cormier doesn’t have a hard enough job as the UFC light heavyweight champion. The broadcast booth also presented some challenges. Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured Videos, News, UFC read news >>