05-Daniel-Cormier-UFC-170-w-0617-478x270Daniel Cormier quickly took car of business against Patrick Cummins at UFC 170 on Saturday evening.

The quick finish came on the heels of a heated war of words between the two, following Cummins making claims to being the cause to Cormier crying during their wrestling days.

This got under Cormier’s skin, but the UFC 170 victor said he’s not going to rub it in Cummins’ face. However, Cormier said the two need to hash some things out.

“I’m not going to kick a guy while he’s down. He and I are going to have to talk and figure out why he did it,” Cormier said on the UFC 170 post-fight show on FOX Sports 1. “Obviously he’s in the UFC. I think he has a bright future. It’s just a very tall order to come in on 10 days notice against one of the better guys in the division.”

During the fight, Cormier didn’t have a chance to talk any trash back to Cummins, he revealed. After all, a first round finish typically leaves little time to discuss things. But that was part of the plan, Cormier said, and UFC 170 was a success in all aspects.

“I was all fired up,” he said. “It’s my first time getting a finish in the UFC, so it’s a big deal for me. I’m excited. Everything was a success. The weight cut, everything just went according to plan.”

Coming down from the heavyweight division, many wondered how Cormier would perform at 205 pounds. With the technical knockout in Las Vegas on Saturday night, Cormier said his power will take him places in his new division. The former Olympian discovered his hands have heavyweight bulk to them.

“I felt great. I felt like my power affected him more than it did with the bigger guys,” he said. “I don’t even think I hit him very good with the uppercut that landed to knock him down … I think my power is going to carry me a little further at 205 pounds.”

As for his next opponent, Cormier isn’t calling anyone out just yet. But the new light heavyweight said he’ll stand by his phone, wait for a call, and say yes to whatever offer is extended from the other line.

If someone happens to fall off an upcoming fight card, Cormier will stay in shape to step in on short notice, he said. It doesn’t matter who stands opposite to him, Cormier said he’ll be ready.

“I’m just going to wait for the call. There are a lot of 205-pound fights coming up,” he said. “I’ll just always stay on call, waiting, keep training and being prepared. If they need me, I’ll step in, whether it be that Glover [Teixeira] gets hurt and fight for the champion, Phil [Davis] gets hurt, fight Anthony Johnson. It doesn’t matter.”

Jon Jones Likely to Face Daniel Cormier-Anthony Johnson Winner, Says Dana White

Jon Jones may have a nice gift waiting for him when he comes back from his yearlong suspension: a UFC light heavyweight championship fight. In an interview on the UFC Unfiltered podcast (h/t FoxSport read news >>

Champ Daniel Cormier vs. Anthony Johnson rematch headlines UFC 210 in Buffalo

A light heavyweight title fight will headline UFC 210.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Daniel Cormier Returns in UFC 210 Headliner | MMAWeekly.com

This is one time where waiting pays off, as light heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier returns at UFC 210 to put his belt on the line. read news >>

Daniel Cormier vs. Anthony Johnson 2 Announced for UFC 210: Details, Reaction

The UFC announced Wednesday that Daniel Cormier and Anthony Johnson will meet in a rematch of their May 2015 clash at UFC 210 in Buffalo, New York, on April 8. Cormier (18-1) secured a victory via su read news >>

Miesha Tate and Daniel Cormier Butt Heads Over Ronda Rousey's Next Move (video) | MMAWeekly.com

Daniel Cormier and Miesha Tate clash over what the next best move is for former UFC champion Ronda Rousey. read news >>

White: Jones could be next for Cormier-Johnson winner; Romero still next for champ Bisping

Jon Jones could get another chance to win UFC gold. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Once 'not famous enough' himself, Glover Teixeira happy to give 'new guy' Jared Cannonier a chance

Set to face Jared Cannonier at Saturday’s UFC 208 event, onetime light heavyweight title challenger Glover Teixeira has no problem facing a lesser-known face: “Otherwise, who is he going to fight?”Fi read news >>

Part-time fighter Jared Cannonier seeking KO of Glover Teixeira at UFC 208

BROOKLYN, N.Y. – Glover Teixeira has been one of the best light heavyweights in the world for nearly decade. Apparently that matters little to UFC 208 opponent and top divisional up-and-comer Jared C read news >>

UFC 208's Glover Teixeira may visit Brooklyn neighborhood where his fighting hero Mike Tyson grew up

BROOKLYN, N.Y. – UFC light heavyweight Glover Teixeira is a huge Mike Tyson fan. Filed under: Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Jon Anik takes helm for UFC 208 pay-per-view broadcast with Joe Rogan, Daniel Cormier

With longtime UFC play-by-play voice Mike Goldberg gone from the broadcast table after UFC 207 in December, the promotion had some shoes to fill. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>