War Machine thought he’d done his time when he was released from jail in July 2011. He got back to training and even scored a win over Roger Huerta, but in February he was sent back to jail over a prior incident.

Now he’s once again a free man and hoping to restart his fight career in Bellator.

“Last time I got out, I didn’t do anything wrong,” War Machine, formerly known as Jon Koppenhaver, told the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Beatdown” show. “I went back to jail for an old, old case. When I got out last year from jail, it had been seven months and I hadn’t done nothing wrong. I was just doing the same exact thing as I’m doing now. I was already making the effort to change after the first sentence.”

His plan to stay out of trouble is to stay out of bars and clubs.

“I don’t get in trouble anywhere else,” he said. “It’s not as fun. I can’t have the same amount of fun as I want to have. Pretty much I just sit at home all day and play on the Internet and invite girls over late at night for a powwow. That’s all I do. I train and I come home. My life is just training, food, Internet and late-night booty. That’s it.”

In particular, War Machine is focused on getting back in fight shape after spending months in a jail cell. So far it’s been easier than his first time.

“It was tough, particularly the first time when I first got out,” he said. “I was horrible. I was getting destroyed. All my students were just beating the crap out of me. I had no strength. Everything sucked. But this time coming out, surprisingly it was a lot easier than last time. I don’t know why. I don’t know if it was just because psychologically I already did it once and it was easier the second time around, but this time it wasn’t as hard to get back in the swing of things. But it’s still tough. Besides training, it was a lot of emotional anxiety. A lot of feelings hit you when you first get out.”

In fact, he said getting out is actually tougher than being in jail.

“It’s so hard when you get out,” War Machine said. “Getting out is the toughest, scariest part. That’s why these guys stay in there. It’s just easier.”

The 31-year-old is expected to debut with Bellator next year when the promotion moves to Spike TV. Of course, Bellator has received some criticism for promoting a fighter with a criminal record, but War Machine remains grateful for the opportunity.

“I get a lot of crap for my out-of-the-cage antics and stuff, but I’ve never acted like a fool in the cage,” he said. “I’ve never disrespected no one in the cage. I’ve never acted like an idiot ever. I come to fight and I’m professional. I don’t play any games. I try to win. I try to put on a good show. I’m a professional when I’m in that cage. I might get a little wild on the outside and say funny things and be a goofball, but when I’m in there, I’m all business. I think that’s what I really should be judged for when it comes to fighting because that’s my job. My job is to fight. That’s what I do. Everything else is pretty much my personal life.”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 59:40).

Christy Mack Gives Emotional Account of War Machine Attack: ‘I Thought I Was Going to Die’

Christy Mack, ex-girlfriend of former MMA fighter War Machine, gave an emotional account of the assault that left her badly injured and fearing for her life. read news >>

Full fight card released for ONE: 'Kingdom of Warriors' in Yangon, Myanmar

ONE: "Kingdom of Warriors" is set for Thuwunna Stadium in Yangon on July 18th and will be headlined by a bantamweight title clash between reigning champion Bibiano Fernandes and Finnish challenger To read news >>

UFC 189 post-fight roundtable discussion with Tommy Toe Hold and Dave Meltzer

Submission Radio has released a special UFC 189 post-fight roundtable session with Dave Meltzer and Tommy Toe Hold. read news >>

Ronda Rousey vs. Bethe Correia video: UFC 190 promo released for Aug. 1 PPV in Brazil

Now that UFC 189 -- which went down last night (Sat., July 11, 2015) from the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada-- is in the books (full results here), it's time to look ahead to Ultimate Fi read news >>

In horrific photo, UFC 189's Rory MacDonald confirms broken nose and foot

If you thought Robbie Lawler’s split lip was the most painful injury at UFC 189, just take a look at the champ’s handiwork against opponent Rory MacDonald.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Dana White: Jose Aldo 'did not have a broken rib,' the x-rays he released showed an 'old injury'

LAS VEGAS -- Dana White doubled down Friday on the idea that Jose Aldo withdrew from UFC 189's main event against Conor McGregor with a bruised rib and damaged cartilage, and not the broken rib many read news >>

Gavin Sterritt released by Bellator after pulling out of fight with Brennan Ward

Gavin Sterritt has withdrawn from his Bellator 140 bout with Brennan Ward, and it has cost him his contract with the promotion.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Angela Magana describes thought process behind controversial Twitter persona

LAS VEGAS -- Angela Magana talks about her controversial Twitter persona, fighting Michelle Waterson at the TUF 21 Finale, why she feels like she's the best in the world and much more. read news >>

Quick Hit: Conor McGregor and Chad Mendes in a Trash Talk Tornado

If you thought Conor McGregor and Chad Mendes were a whirlwind of trash talk, don't miss out on this furious flurry between the UFC 189 main eventers. read news >>

UFC Octagon girl Brittney Palmer's husband charged with attempted murder for allegedly trying to kill her

Move over War Machine, you could be getting some company in the big house. Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) Octagon Girl Brittney Palmer was allegedly attacked by her husband Aaron Zalewski last read news >>