Mike Guymon at UFC 121Following a disappointing stretch in the UFC that saw him lose three of four fights, Mike “Joker” Guymon rebounded in 2012, winning back-to-back fights for the first time in three years.

“I ended up coming back and fought at lightweight – a weight class I had never fought at before – and I wanted to prove something to myself that I could come back off the medication, see if I could win, show what I can do and handle the weight loss,” said Guymon. “I was pleased to have two victories.

“The last victory I had (against Mike Dizak in July), I have no idea how I won that fight. I have no idea how I fought. I had a completely fractured shoulder and I ended up pulling through and winning, so I’m happy.”

Having taken time off to heal, Guymon will be looking to etch his third win in a row when he makes his promotional debut Thursday at Bellator 85 in Atlantic City, NJ against former IFL vet Savant Young.

“I’ve done a lot of research and talked to other fighters that Savant’s fought, and they all say the same thing, that he’s so explosive and when you think you’re out of punching distance, don’t underestimate how fast he can close that distance,” said Guymon. “I think I have an edge in cardio. I don’t see too many people being able to out-cardio me. I obviously have a huge height and size advantage. I plan on taking advantage of all that.

“I have to do everything on my terms. I can’t do things on his terms. I want to take away his explosiveness. I want to be moving in a direction where he can’t really do much. And then I want to explode and take advantage of those situations.”

For Guymon, to be able to step into Bellator is not only a chance to continue his career, but possibly put to rest the disappointing run he had in the UFC.

“I love the opportunity to step into Bellator,” he said. “It’s a huge promotion that’s coming up and getting a lot of recognition. I’m happy to have it on my resume and dealings with them so far.

“The last two fights in the UFC were so frustrating for me because I was so flat and was not me because of the medication I was taking. Now that I’ve moved past that, I’m excited to show people what I can do.”

While getting a shot in Bellator is a big move for Guymon’s career, don’t expect him to say he’s going to take the promotion by storm, but rather is focused on taking things one step at a time.

“I just want to take each fight as it comes and win it,” Guymon told MMAWeekly.com. “Right now, signing that three-fight contract and being a part of a tournament, I don’t see any of that, I only see Savant and I want to deal with him and that’s it. All I see is Savant.”

Stay tuned to MMAWeekly.com for all the latest Bellator MMA news and fight coverage.

Toughest Fight Yet Could Lead Ilima-Mei Macfarlane to Bellator Title Fight

Ilima-Mei Macfarlane believes that if she can score an impressive victory at Bellator Dynamite 2, she could be in store for a flyweight title fight. read news >>

Patricky "Pitbull" Freire Finally Ready to Sit the Bellator Lightweight Throne

After five years of settling for "almost," Bellator lightweight Patricky "Pitbull" Freire (16-7) is finally fighting for the promotion's top prize. Twice Freire advanced to the finals of a tournament read news >>

Rampage Jackson vs. Satoshi Ishii Results: Winner and Reaction from Bellator 157

Quinton "Rampage" Jackson improved his Bellator record to 4-0 with a split-decision win over Satoshi Ishii in the main event at Bellator 157 on Friday. MMAjunkie.com tweeted out the scorecards from t read news >>

Lewis not concerned with ranks, just wants to provide for family

Derrick Lewis has the biggest fight of his career upcoming against Roy Nelson at Fight Night Las Vegas on July 7. But Lewis isn't concerned about the divisions or rankings, he just wants to provide f read news >>

Bellator 157 Results: Winners, Scorecards from Dynamite 2 Card

Well, that was boring. In a less-than-entertaining main event at Bellator 157 in St. Louis, a fleshy Quinton "Rampage" Jackson took a split decision over Satoshi Ishii. The bout drew boos from the Sc read news >>

Watch: Michael Chandler Scores One-Punch Knockout at Bellator Dynamite 2

Bellator 157 was a bit of a slog for a while there. Sure, there were some fireworks in Matt Mitrione's debut opposite Carl Seumanutafa, but the middle of the card was ho-hum at best. Enter Michael Ch read news >>

Bellator Dynamite 2 Results: ‘Rampage’ Takes Split Decision, Michael Chandler Reclaims Lightweight Title

In a highly-competitive heavyweight main event at "Bellator: Dynamite 2," “Rampage” Jackson edged out Satoshi Ishii with a split decision victory on Friday night. read news >>

Bellator 157: Dynamite 2 Post-Fight Press Conference Video Replay

The Scottrade Center in St. Louis hosted Bellator 157: Dynamite 2 on Friday, which included kickboxing and MMA fights. Following the event, the big winners spoke to the media. read news >>

Like Brock Lesnar, The Rock Once Considered a UFC Career

What if Dwayne Johnson, aka The Rock, one of the biggest stars in WWE history, had made the move to the UFC? read news >>

Bellator’s Scott Coker: ‘We’re Going After All Free Agents,’ Including Rory MacDonald

Bellator president Scott Coker says they are going after all free agents, including Rory MacDonald. read news >>