Tyrone Spong vs Remy Bonjasky Glory 5 weighTyrone Spong knocked out kickboxing legend Remy Bonjasky with a thunderous right hand in the second round of the Glory 5: London main event on Saturday at ExCel Arena.

Spong, who made his mixed martial arts debut in November at World Series of Fighting 1, pressured Bonjasky the entire fight, walking him down and not giving him space to work his world famous kicking game.

The knockout came at the 2:02 mark of the second round.  Spong had Bonjasky in the corner and delivered a left hook counter to the chin of Bonjasky rendering him unconscious.

“I’ve put in a lot of work, hard work, and I know what I’m capable of, so I wasn’t surprised,” said Spong following the win.  “I just took my time.  I had three rounds and I took it easy.”

Spong knocked out another kickboxing legend, Peter Aerts, in his last kickboxing bout, and is looking for bigger challenges ahead.  He’d like to face Semmy Schilt next.

“I like challenges, and I’m just looking forward to fighting the best, so give me Semmy.  Give me whoever,” he said.

Bonjasky was left wondering what his future holds in a sport that he’s already accomplished so much.

“It was pretty tough.  I mean a three-year absence, three fights.  It’s hard when you’re 37 and trying to make a comeback,” said Bonjasky after the loss.  “It’s hard to make a good comeback.  My comeback has been rocky.  I did my best.  I’ve done everything, but my body says it’s hard.”

Spong is expected to return to mixed martial arts early this summer at World Series of Fighting 3.

Glory 5: London Results:

-Tyrone Spong  def. Remy Bonjasky by KO at 2:02, R2
-Jordan Watson def. Steve Moxon by unanimous decision (147-139)
-Albert Kraus def. Warren Stevelmans by unanimous decision (150-136)
-Stephen Wakeling def. Eddie Walker by KO at 1:38, R2
-Danyo Ilunga def. Stephane Susperregui by KO at :21, R2
-Michael Duut def. Dustin Jacoby by KO at 2:25, R1
-Mosab Armani def. Liam Harrison by KO at 1:20, R1
-Daniel Sam def. Jaideep Singh by unanimous decision (145-130)
-Johann Fauveau def. Constanin Pasniciuc by unanimous decision (148-137)
-Reece McAllister def. Tim ‘TNT’ Thomas by unanimous decision (150-135)
-Jhonata Oliveira def. Nicola Gallo by unanimous decision (140-135)

From Around the Web

Freddie Roach blasts 'selfish' Floyd Mayweather, 'Money' manager says Manny Pacquiao will get his head knocked off

The war of words is heating up. We're about three weeks away from the biggest boxing fight in history, as pound-for-pound and box office king, Floyd Mayweather Jr., is set to take on Manny Pacquiao o read news >>

UFC Fight Night 64 results: Stevie Ray pounds out Marcin Bandel in second round

Stevie Ray dominated and finished Marcin Bandel in front of Bandel’s hometown Polish fans on the prelims of UFC Fight Night 64.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

WSOF 20 Results: David Branch submits Jesse McElligott with Von Flue choke in second round

The WSOF middleweight champion David Branch submitted Jesse McElligott in the second round of the WSOF 20 main event and will now face Teddy Holder for the WSOF light heavyweight title. In other acti read news >>

Glory 21 fight card: Artem Levin vs. Simon Marcus to headline May 8 live on Spike

Get the fight card here for Glory 21, live on Spike TV May 8 and featuring Artem Levin vs. Simon Marcus for the Glory Middleweight title. With last weekend's Glory 20 event wrapped up, kickboxing org read news >>

UFC 187: Anthony Johnson taps GLORY champ Rico Verhoeven to train for Jon Jones fight

Anthony "Rumble" Johnson is bringing in the GLORY heavyweight champion, Rico Verhoeven, to help him prepare for his UFC 187 light heavyweight title fight against Jon Jones, which takes place on May 2 read news >>

Gokhan Saki potentially returning to GLORY this summer

Talks between Gokhan Saki and GLORY are progressing well and could see the light-heavyweight champion defend his belt in the summer, Bloody Elbow has been told. Saki has not fought since winning the read news >>

Glory 20 Results: van Roosmalen vs. Ristie

MMA Fighting has Glory 20 results for the van Roosmalen vs. Ristie event Friday at the Dubai World Trade Centre in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. In the main event, Robin van Roosmalen defends his Glor read news >>

Glory 20 Dustin Jacoby fighter profile: 'Throw me to the wolves and I'll lead the pack'

At Glory today, the 4-5 Dustin Jacoby takes on the 76-22-2 Mourad Bouzidi. Is Jacoby concerned about that experience gap? Not in the least. Hear what the American kickboxer had to say in the exclusiv read news >>

Glory 20 Superfight Series to air on CBS Sports Network this Saturday

Glory fans will have a chance to see the Superfight Series from Glory 20 this weekend on CBS Sports Network. Get the details here. Top kickboxing organization Glory has announced big news regarding t read news >>