Tyrone Spong vs Remy Bonjasky Glory 5 weighTyrone Spong knocked out kickboxing legend Remy Bonjasky with a thunderous right hand in the second round of the Glory 5: London main event on Saturday at ExCel Arena.

Spong, who made his mixed martial arts debut in November at World Series of Fighting 1, pressured Bonjasky the entire fight, walking him down and not giving him space to work his world famous kicking game.

The knockout came at the 2:02 mark of the second round.  Spong had Bonjasky in the corner and delivered a left hook counter to the chin of Bonjasky rendering him unconscious.

“I’ve put in a lot of work, hard work, and I know what I’m capable of, so I wasn’t surprised,” said Spong following the win.  “I just took my time.  I had three rounds and I took it easy.”

Spong knocked out another kickboxing legend, Peter Aerts, in his last kickboxing bout, and is looking for bigger challenges ahead.  He’d like to face Semmy Schilt next.

“I like challenges, and I’m just looking forward to fighting the best, so give me Semmy.  Give me whoever,” he said.

Bonjasky was left wondering what his future holds in a sport that he’s already accomplished so much.

“It was pretty tough.  I mean a three-year absence, three fights.  It’s hard when you’re 37 and trying to make a comeback,” said Bonjasky after the loss.  “It’s hard to make a good comeback.  My comeback has been rocky.  I did my best.  I’ve done everything, but my body says it’s hard.”

Spong is expected to return to mixed martial arts early this summer at World Series of Fighting 3.

Glory 5: London Results:

-Tyrone Spong  def. Remy Bonjasky by KO at 2:02, R2
-Jordan Watson def. Steve Moxon by unanimous decision (147-139)
-Albert Kraus def. Warren Stevelmans by unanimous decision (150-136)
-Stephen Wakeling def. Eddie Walker by KO at 1:38, R2
-Danyo Ilunga def. Stephane Susperregui by KO at :21, R2
-Michael Duut def. Dustin Jacoby by KO at 2:25, R1
-Mosab Armani def. Liam Harrison by KO at 1:20, R1
-Daniel Sam def. Jaideep Singh by unanimous decision (145-130)
-Johann Fauveau def. Constanin Pasniciuc by unanimous decision (148-137)
-Reece McAllister def. Tim ‘TNT’ Thomas by unanimous decision (150-135)
-Jhonata Oliveira def. Nicola Gallo by unanimous decision (140-135)

From Around the Web

Video: Roy Jones Jr. brutally knocks out Willie Williams

46-year-old Roy Jones Jr. returned to the ring last night and knocked out his opponent in the second round. Check out the video. Roy Jones Jr. might be 46 years old, but that's not stopping him from read news >>

GIF: Roy Jones Jr. returns to the ring, brutally knocks out Willie Williams in the second round

The former four-division champ still has something left at the ripe age of 46. Boxing legend Roy Jones Jr. returned to the ring last night (Fri., March, 6, 2015) at the Cabarrus Arena & Events Center read news >>

Tyrone Spong wins pro boxing debut via first-round KO

After almost a year-long hiatus from professional fighting, Glory and WSOF light-heavyweight Tyrone Spong has made a successful comeback on Friday and won the first boxing match of his career via fir read news >>

Tyrone Spong knocks out boxing opponent in return to combat sports from broken leg

What broken leg? Tyrone Spong, the three-combat sport star, made his return to competition Friday and, well, it didn't last very long. In his pro boxing debut, Spong knocked out Gabor Farkas in the f read news >>

GIF: Tyrone Spong makes boxing debut, viciously knocks out Gabor Farkas in first round

Good to see the "King of the Ring" is back. The last time we saw Tyrone Spong inside a ring, the Surinamese-Dutch kickboxer was carried out on a stretcher after breaking his foot against Gokhan Saki read news >>

Video: Gabriel Varga aims to be second Canadian to capture a GLORY title

Lifelong martial artist Gabriel Varga will fly the flag for Canada at GLORY 20 DUBAI next month as he goes into a fight with Mosab Amrani for the vacant World Featherweight Championship. The fight, w read news >>

Artem Levin breaks down the GLORY 20 Middleweight Contender Tournament

The next challenger for GLORY middleweight champion Artem ‘The Lion’ Levin will be produced by a four-man “Middleweight Contender Tournament” at GLORY 20 DUBAI on Friday, April 3. Levin, who recently read news >>

Loss to Fedor Emelianenko Still Haunts Andrei Arlovski | MMAWeekly.com

Six years after being knocked out by Fedor Emelianenko in Affiction, the loss still haunts former UFC heavyweight champion Andrei Arlovski. read news >>

Andrei Arlovski: My nightmare is when Fedor Emelianenko knocked my ass out in Affliction.

Former UFC heavyweight champion Andre Arlovski recounts his knockout loss to Fedor Emelianenko back in Affliction. read news >>