Tyrone Spong vs Remy Bonjasky Glory 5 weighTyrone Spong knocked out kickboxing legend Remy Bonjasky with a thunderous right hand in the second round of the Glory 5: London main event on Saturday at ExCel Arena.

Spong, who made his mixed martial arts debut in November at World Series of Fighting 1, pressured Bonjasky the entire fight, walking him down and not giving him space to work his world famous kicking game.

The knockout came at the 2:02 mark of the second round.  Spong had Bonjasky in the corner and delivered a left hook counter to the chin of Bonjasky rendering him unconscious.

“I’ve put in a lot of work, hard work, and I know what I’m capable of, so I wasn’t surprised,” said Spong following the win.  “I just took my time.  I had three rounds and I took it easy.”

Spong knocked out another kickboxing legend, Peter Aerts, in his last kickboxing bout, and is looking for bigger challenges ahead.  He’d like to face Semmy Schilt next.

“I like challenges, and I’m just looking forward to fighting the best, so give me Semmy.  Give me whoever,” he said.

Bonjasky was left wondering what his future holds in a sport that he’s already accomplished so much.

“It was pretty tough.  I mean a three-year absence, three fights.  It’s hard when you’re 37 and trying to make a comeback,” said Bonjasky after the loss.  “It’s hard to make a good comeback.  My comeback has been rocky.  I did my best.  I’ve done everything, but my body says it’s hard.”

Spong is expected to return to mixed martial arts early this summer at World Series of Fighting 3.

Glory 5: London Results:

-Tyrone Spong  def. Remy Bonjasky by KO at 2:02, R2
-Jordan Watson def. Steve Moxon by unanimous decision (147-139)
-Albert Kraus def. Warren Stevelmans by unanimous decision (150-136)
-Stephen Wakeling def. Eddie Walker by KO at 1:38, R2
-Danyo Ilunga def. Stephane Susperregui by KO at :21, R2
-Michael Duut def. Dustin Jacoby by KO at 2:25, R1
-Mosab Armani def. Liam Harrison by KO at 1:20, R1
-Daniel Sam def. Jaideep Singh by unanimous decision (145-130)
-Johann Fauveau def. Constanin Pasniciuc by unanimous decision (148-137)
-Reece McAllister def. Tim ‘TNT’ Thomas by unanimous decision (150-135)
-Jhonata Oliveira def. Nicola Gallo by unanimous decision (140-135)

Saulo Cavalari vs Zack Mwekassa to headline Glory card at Dyanmite

• 18 hours ago

Just days after stripping Gokhan Saki of the Light Heavyweight title, Glory announces plans to crown a new champion at Dynamite. Glory has their main event set for Dynamite. Bellator and Glory have a read news >>

Gokhan Saki stripped of the Glory Light Heavyweight title

Glory has finally made the decision to strip Gokhan Saki of the Light Heavyweight title. All the details are right here. Gokhan Saki has officially been stripped of the Glory Light Heavyweight champi read news >>

UFC Video: Watch Marcus Brimage get brutally knocked out by Jimmie Rivera

Watch Marcus Brimage get stopped in under 2 mins by UFC newcomer Jimmie Rivera. This is how you get noticed on your UFC debut. As part of the Bisping vs. Leites preliminary card, Jimmie Rivera took o read news >>

Video: Watch Conor McGregor knockout Chad Mendes at UFC 189 in EA Sports UFC simulation

Nighty-night! Top 145-pound contender Conor McGregor just knocked out Chad Mendes and left the UFC 189 pay-per-view (PPV) event as the interim featherweight champion. So says the EA Sports UFC simula read news >>

Marina Shafir knocked out by Amber Leibrock in 37 seconds at Invicta FC 13

Marina Shafir's Invicta debut went very fast -- and not in a good way. Ronda Rousey's best friend was finished by TKO in just 37 seconds by debuting Amber Leibrock at Invicta FC 13 on Thursday night read news >>

Thiago Silva vs. Mike Kyle booked for WSOF 22 with Tyrone Spong hurt

Injuries have once again resulted in a change to the main card of a televised mixed martial arts (MMA) event. Kickboxing sensation and undefeated (2-0) MMA fighter Tyrone Spong, frequently seen on th read news >>

Tyrone Spong out, Thiago Silva in vs. Mike Kyle at WSOF 22

An injury has forced a change to a big light heavyweight bout at WSOF 22 on August 1st. World Series of Fighting's 22nd event will take place on the same day as UFC 190, and needs all the starpower p read news >>

Injury forces Tyrone Spong out of WSOF 22

Tyrone Spong's injury woes continue. According to World Series of Fighting executive vice president Ali Abdel-Aziz, a knee injury has forced Spong (2-0) to withdraw from his Aug. 1 fight against Mike read news >>

Coach: ‘Scary’ Chad Mendes will finish ‘court jester’ Conor McGregor in second round

Chad Mendes stepped in on short notice for UFC 189, and plans on ruining "The Conor McGregor show" in Las Vegas. "Money" will replace injured champion Jose Aldo and face "The Notorious" for the inter read news >>