Tyrone Spong vs Remy Bonjasky Glory 5 weighTyrone Spong knocked out kickboxing legend Remy Bonjasky with a thunderous right hand in the second round of the Glory 5: London main event on Saturday at ExCel Arena.

Spong, who made his mixed martial arts debut in November at World Series of Fighting 1, pressured Bonjasky the entire fight, walking him down and not giving him space to work his world famous kicking game.

The knockout came at the 2:02 mark of the second round.  Spong had Bonjasky in the corner and delivered a left hook counter to the chin of Bonjasky rendering him unconscious.

“I’ve put in a lot of work, hard work, and I know what I’m capable of, so I wasn’t surprised,” said Spong following the win.  “I just took my time.  I had three rounds and I took it easy.”

Spong knocked out another kickboxing legend, Peter Aerts, in his last kickboxing bout, and is looking for bigger challenges ahead.  He’d like to face Semmy Schilt next.

“I like challenges, and I’m just looking forward to fighting the best, so give me Semmy.  Give me whoever,” he said.

Bonjasky was left wondering what his future holds in a sport that he’s already accomplished so much.

“It was pretty tough.  I mean a three-year absence, three fights.  It’s hard when you’re 37 and trying to make a comeback,” said Bonjasky after the loss.  “It’s hard to make a good comeback.  My comeback has been rocky.  I did my best.  I’ve done everything, but my body says it’s hard.”

Spong is expected to return to mixed martial arts early this summer at World Series of Fighting 3.

Glory 5: London Results:

-Tyrone Spong  def. Remy Bonjasky by KO at 2:02, R2
-Jordan Watson def. Steve Moxon by unanimous decision (147-139)
-Albert Kraus def. Warren Stevelmans by unanimous decision (150-136)
-Stephen Wakeling def. Eddie Walker by KO at 1:38, R2
-Danyo Ilunga def. Stephane Susperregui by KO at :21, R2
-Michael Duut def. Dustin Jacoby by KO at 2:25, R1
-Mosab Armani def. Liam Harrison by KO at 1:20, R1
-Daniel Sam def. Jaideep Singh by unanimous decision (145-130)
-Johann Fauveau def. Constanin Pasniciuc by unanimous decision (148-137)
-Reece McAllister def. Tim ‘TNT’ Thomas by unanimous decision (150-135)
-Jhonata Oliveira def. Nicola Gallo by unanimous decision (140-135)

Tyrone Spong vs. Julian Pollard heavyweight title fight booked for June 27 in Las Vegas

'The King of the Ring' returns to the U.S. for the first time since 2013 when he takes on Julian Pollard for the inaugural heavyweight title at Big Knockout Boxing's third event on June 27, 2015. Tyr read news >>

Morning Report: Paul Heyman says CM Punk is 'very accepting' over chance he could be 'knocked out or tapped out and beat

We don't know who, when and where CM Punk will actually be fighting, but his mentor and WWE personality Paul Heyman has some idea as to why. While the vast majority of professional athletes are motiv read news >>

UFC New Orleans main card result recap: Poirier, Ortega impress, Soto knocked out

Bloody Elbow recaps the fights from UFC Fight Night: Henderson vs. Boetsch Saturday night in New Orleans, Louisiana. Here, we look at the main card bouts, including a fight of the night between Brian read news >>

Glory 22 Results: Verhoeven vs. Adegbuyi

MMA Fighting has Glory 22 results for the Verhoeven vs. Adegbuyi fight card Friday from Stade Pierre Mauroy in Lille, France.In the main event, Rico Verhoeven will defend his heavyweight title agains read news >>

Karate expert Carlos Brooks aiming to 'make a run' in the GLORY light-heavyweight division

Carlos ‘Shake & Bake’ Brooks is a Tae Kwon Do and karate stylist from New York City. He will face Zack ‘The Black Warrior’ Mwekassa in the co-main event of GLORY 22 FRANCE on Friday, June 5. Brooks f read news >>

Joseph Valtellini vacates title, Nieky Holzken vs. Raymond Daniels rematch set for GLORY 23 in Las Vegas

With Joseph Valtellini vacating the GLORY welterweight title due to post-concussion syndrome, GLORY announced a welterweight battle between Nieky Holzken and Raymond Daniels for the vacant title at G read news >>

Glory 22 preview: Verhoeven vs Adegbuyi and the quest for a new lineal HW king

Preview Glory 22 and Rico Verhoeven vs. Benjamin Adegbuyi here with a look at the lineal titles on the line in this big Heavyweight showdown. Time for Glory! Glory 22 is live this Friday from Lille, read news >>

GLORY 22 weigh-in results for 'Verhoeven vs. Adegbuyi' in France

On Thursday, June 4, GLORY hosted the weigh-ins for GLORY 22 and GLORY SuperFight Series Lille. The six-fight card for GLORY 22, including the GLORY Heavyweight World Championship fight and one-night read news >>

‘Bazooka' Joe Valtellini vacates GLORY World Welterweight Championship

‘Bazooka' Joe Valtellini has today confirmed to Bloody Elbow that he will be vacating the GLORY World Welterweight Championship with immediate effect. The Vancouver, Canada native is taking a hiatus read news >>

GLORY 22's Rico Verhoeven talks importance of focus, fighting Benny Adegbuyi close to home

The GLORY heavyweight champion will face Benny Adegbuyi at GLORY 22 on June 5, 2015. "The Prince" opened up about life lessons, being focused and fighting close to his home in the Netherlands for the read news >>