Nate-Diaz-003-UFC-125-460x270The Ultimate Fighting Championship announced on Friday that it has suspended and fined Nate Diaz for a derogatory tweet the lightweight fighter made on Thursday.

The UFC acted quickly and put Diaz on suspension and launched an investigation into the matter.

“We are very disappointed by Nate Diaz’s comments, which are in no way reflective of our organization,” the UFC said in a statement on Thursday. “Nate is currently suspended pending internal investigation and we will provide further comment once the matter has been decided.”

The incident arose when Diaz took to twitter and reacted to the news that Pat Healy’s $130,000 in bonuses for his UFC 159 submission win over Jim Miller had been rescinded after Healy tested positive to marijuana following the fight.

Healy had won Fight of the Night and Submission of the Night bonuses.  The $65,000 for Submission of the Night was transferred to Bryan Caraway.  Caraway had lobbied for the bonus and voiced his disapproval of marijuana use.  His actions and comments didn’t sit well with Diaz.

Diaz voiced his opinion via twitter on Thursday using a homosexual slur in reference to Caraway.

Diaz tweeted, “I feel bad for Pat Healy that they took an innocent man’s money away and I think the guy who took the money is the biggest (homosexual slur) in the world.”

In a release on Friday, the UFC detailed the disciplinary action taken against Diaz for violating the promotion’s code of conduct policy.  Diaz is suspended for 90 days and fined $20,000.

“UFC lightweight Nate Diaz has received an immediate 90-day suspension and $20,000 fine for violating the UFC’s fighter code of conduct,” read the UFC’s statement. “The language used in his tweet was regrettable, offensive and inconsistent with the values and culture of the organization, and is not tolerated.”

view original article >>

Report here if this news is invalid.

Related News

Conor McGregor Comments on 3-Year UFC Anniversary Ahead of Nate Diaz Rematch

  • 28 days ago
  • 11 views

Wednesday marked the three-year anniversary of Conor McGregor's induction into the ranks of the Ultimate Fighting Championship, and The Notorious made sure to remind his peers of the date prior to hi read news >>

Conor McGregor Taking Nate Diaz Seriously, Begins Training for UFC 200 Rematch

  • 28 days ago
  • 1244 views

It may be three months before UFC 200 arrives, but featherweight champion Conor McGregor has already begun training for his rematch against Nate Diaz. read news >>

Conor McGregor Comments on 3-Year UFC Anniversary Ahead of Nate Diaz Rematch

  • 28 days ago
  • 20 views

Wednesday marked the three-year anniversary of Conor McGregor's induction into the ranks of the Ultimate Fighting Championship, and The Notorious made sure to remind his peers of the date prior to hi read news >>

Conor McGregor 'Didn't Give 2 S--ts' over Nate Diaz Rematch Weight, Says Manager

  • 27 days ago
  • 101 views

The manager of Ultimate Fighting Championship superstar Conor McGregor has said the Irishman "really didn't give two s--ts" whether his rematch with Nate Diaz at UFC 200 came at 170 pounds or 155 pou read news >>

After fighting with broken toe, Damon Jackson has no regrets despite UFC release

  • 26 days ago
  • 11 views

Damon Jackson knew full well what was on the line when he stepped into the cage on Jan. 30. He gambled, and he lost. And he’d do it all over again.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Nate Diaz Belittles Conor McGregor Before UFC 200 Rematch

  • 20 days ago
  • 2345 views

Nate Diaz has ramped up the mind games ahead of his rematch with Conor McGregor at UFC 200, stating the Irishman shouldn't feel too bad when he loses for a second time. At UFC 196, Diaz sprung an ups read news >>

Nate Diaz Responds to Conor McGregor Retirement Tweet: ‘I’m Retiring Too’

  • 15 days ago
  • 634 views

Following Conor McGregor's cryptic retirement tweet on Tuesday, Nate Diaz responded in kind, saying he's retiring too. read news >>

Dana White: Conor McGregor has been pulled from UFC 200 headliner vs. Nate Diaz

  • 15 days ago
  • 57 views

The UFC 200 main event between featherweight champion Conor McGregor and Nate Diaz is off, promotion President Dana White said today. Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Twitter reacts to Conor McGregor being pulled from UFC 200 vs. Nate Diaz

  • 15 days ago
  • 62 views

UFC President Dana White announced Tuesday night that featherweight champ Conor McGregor had been pulled from his UFC 200 main event rematch with Nate Diaz. See how social media reacted to the news. read news >>

Dana White: If Conor McGregor calls me now, the fight with Nate Diaz is back on

  • 14 days ago
  • 44 views

UFC President Dana White says UFC featherweight champ Conor McGregor can still change his mind and fight at UFC 200. But there’s one thing White isn’t budging on: McGregor needs to promote.Filed unde read news >>