Takada had an interview with the Japanese MMA magazine, Kakuto Tsushin.
- Any thoughts about Yarennoka!?
I feel like that event was held a long time ago.  I cannot believe it is only a month since NYE.  Don't you think so?  That was a really dramatic event and I wonder if I was dreaming or saw an illusion.

- You said Yarennoka! was the last event of PRIDE.  Did you think you created a good finale?
I think so.  I believe there are many people who still believe PRIDE will come back someday.  I understand their feeling because Yarennoka! mentioned the possibility of their future event at the end.  I am, however, sure that PRIDE is over and there is no another event which has PRIDE style.

- Any comments to Japanese fighters?  I got an impression Aoki had a hard time.
I say Aoki was confused not only about his opponent but fighting in a very last fight in that event.  I believe he will be tougher by getting through that experience.  I was impressed to see Kawajiri`s fight.  He had a great performance by showing his strength and passion.  He never hesitated to fight aggressively.  I thought Ishida trained well and developed his performance by showing his takedowns, but I consider Melendez had the fighting spirit of top fighters, he tried to finish by punching.

- I think that was tough fight though?
He did what he could do not to lose and he dragged Melendez into his fighting style.  He controlled the fight by blocking Merendez's move.  As a top fighter he had to perform more exciting fight.

The Downes Side: Fight Night Seoul Predictions

UFC/WEC veteran Dan Downes talks strategy and predictions for UFC Fight Night: Henderson vs. Masvidal, taking place Saturday, November 28 read news >>

Holly Holm: The Champ Gets Her Just Due

New UFC women's bantamweight champion Holly Holm talks about her historic win and more as she continues on her championship victory press tour. read news >>

The Downes Side: Fight Night Monterrey Predictions

UFC/WEC veteran Dan Downes talks strategy and predictions for UFC Fight Night: Magny vs. Gastelum, taking place Saturday, November 21 read news >>

Rich Franklin Talks About Being Detained Following Paris Terrorist Attacks and Retired Life (Audio)

In this EXCLUSIVE interview, Rich Franklin talked at length about being handcuffed and detained at LAX, his retirement, and the state of travel and terrorism. read news >>

Paige VanZant Video: ‘I’m 3-0 in the UFC for a Reason’

Strawweight rising star Paige VanZant talks about her upcoming bout against Rose Namajunas, Claudia Gadelha's dismissive comments, and more. read news >>

The Downes Side: UFC 193 Predictions

UFC / WEC veteran Dan Downes talks strategy and predictions for UFC 193: Rousey vs. Holm, taking place Saturday, November 14... read news >>

Ronda Rousey’s Rowdy Questions: Would You Coach TUF Again and Favorite Fighter?

In this latest quick clip, Ronda Rousey talks about whether or not she would consider coaching on TUF again, and lays down her pick for her favorite UFC fighter. read news >>

Daniel Cormier Talks Jon Jones UFC Rematch, Pay-Per-View Target, More

Daniel Cormier believes a rematch between him and Jon Jones has the potential to be a "really, really big" fight, one that he feels can increase their previous pay-per-view numbers by more than doubl read news >>

Vitor Belfort Video: Defends Controversial UFC 152 Drug Tests, Talks Dan Henderson

Vitor Belfort discusses the controversial drug tests surrounding UFC 152, his upcoming trilogy bout with Dan Henderson, and his recent meeting with Dr. Ben Carson. read news >>