Takada talks about Yarennoka!

Takada had an interview with the Japanese MMA magazine, Kakuto Tsushin.
- Any thoughts about Yarennoka!?
I feel like that event was held a long time ago.  I cannot believe it is only a month since NYE.  Don't you think so?  That was a really dramatic event and I wonder if I was dreaming or saw an illusion.

- You said Yarennoka! was the last event of PRIDE.  Did you think you created a good finale?
I think so.  I believe there are many people who still believe PRIDE will come back someday.  I understand their feeling because Yarennoka! mentioned the possibility of their future event at the end.  I am, however, sure that PRIDE is over and there is no another event which has PRIDE style.

- Any comments to Japanese fighters?  I got an impression Aoki had a hard time.
I say Aoki was confused not only about his opponent but fighting in a very last fight in that event.  I believe he will be tougher by getting through that experience.  I was impressed to see Kawajiri`s fight.  He had a great performance by showing his strength and passion.  He never hesitated to fight aggressively.  I thought Ishida trained well and developed his performance by showing his takedowns, but I consider Melendez had the fighting spirit of top fighters, he tried to finish by punching.

- I think that was tough fight though?
He did what he could do not to lose and he dragged Melendez into his fighting style.  He controlled the fight by blocking Merendez's move.  As a top fighter he had to perform more exciting fight.

Related

As the most successful surfer in history, Kelly Slater knows a thing or two about competition. He also knows a thing or two about MMA.Filed under: Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Danny Castillo talks about his co-main event fight against Tony Ferguson at UFC 177. read news >>

New Bellator president Scott Coker discusses the state of the promotion in his first extended interview since replacing Bjorn Rebney. read news >>

How did you get into MMA?I got into MMA back in 2009 when the fights came to my hometown, I saw one girl fight on the card and was like hell I could do that! I asked the promoter if i could be on the read news >>

Listen to Ana Julaton as she talks with members of the media about her transition from world boxing champion to MMA fighter and her upcoming ONE FC bout with Ann Osman. read news >>

Joe Riggs talks about his recent gun incident, returning to the UFC, and more. read news >>

Bellator interim lightweight champion Will Brooks talks about Alvarez's release and what's next for him. read news >>

Lightweight Bobby Green talks about getting bumped from UFC 178 for Eddie Alvarez and when he'll fight again. read news >>

Matt Brown talks about the recent callout from Tyron Woodley, his desire to face Carlos Condit, and an update on his hand after suffering an injury during his fight in July against Robbie Lawler. read news >>

Related