Takada talks about Yarennoka!

Takada had an interview with the Japanese MMA magazine, Kakuto Tsushin.
- Any thoughts about Yarennoka!?
I feel like that event was held a long time ago.  I cannot believe it is only a month since NYE.  Don't you think so?  That was a really dramatic event and I wonder if I was dreaming or saw an illusion.

- You said Yarennoka! was the last event of PRIDE.  Did you think you created a good finale?
I think so.  I believe there are many people who still believe PRIDE will come back someday.  I understand their feeling because Yarennoka! mentioned the possibility of their future event at the end.  I am, however, sure that PRIDE is over and there is no another event which has PRIDE style.

- Any comments to Japanese fighters?  I got an impression Aoki had a hard time.
I say Aoki was confused not only about his opponent but fighting in a very last fight in that event.  I believe he will be tougher by getting through that experience.  I was impressed to see Kawajiri`s fight.  He had a great performance by showing his strength and passion.  He never hesitated to fight aggressively.  I thought Ishida trained well and developed his performance by showing his takedowns, but I consider Melendez had the fighting spirit of top fighters, he tried to finish by punching.

- I think that was tough fight though?
He did what he could do not to lose and he dragged Melendez into his fighting style.  He controlled the fight by blocking Merendez's move.  As a top fighter he had to perform more exciting fight.

Related

Roy Jones Jr. spoke about a bunch of topics including his busy Pacquiao vs. Algieri night that will have him work a corner and commentate at the same event, his disappointment with the UFC, and his p read news >>

Nick Diaz isn't sure why he took so many 'mediocre' fights in the past now that he has a good deal and major fight set against Anderson Silva. Nick Diaz's relationship with the UFC over the last year read news >>

Heavyweight Ben Rothwell talks about his recent win over Alistair Overeem and what's next for him. read news >>

Welterweight contender Tyron Woodley previews his UFC 183 fight against Kelvin Gastelum and talks about the tumultuous times in his hometown of Ferguson, MO. read news >>

Matt Wiman talks about his win over Isaac Vallie-Flagg on Saturday after an almost two-year hiatus from the UFC. read news >>

Steven "The Warman" Wright talks about the training of Johny Hendricks, who is set to rematch Robbie Lawler in defense of his welterweight title on December 6th. Steven Wright, the striking trainer a read news >>

One of the best coaches in MMA talks about the evolution of the sport, and says that jiu-jitsu is poorly organized for MMA Firas Zahabi, who is considered as one of the great minds in Mixed Martial A read news >>

Well, somehow word got back to UFC middleweight Tim Kennedy that Chael Sonnen recently had some words for him. Earlier this week Sonnen chided Kennedy for being upset over his controversial UFC 178 l read news >>

LAS VEGAS – The UFC has a brand-new talent on its roster, and he comes from the WWE.Filed under: Featured, Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Related