Takada had an interview with the Japanese MMA magazine, Kakuto Tsushin.
- Any thoughts about Yarennoka!?
I feel like that event was held a long time ago.  I cannot believe it is only a month since NYE.  Don't you think so?  That was a really dramatic event and I wonder if I was dreaming or saw an illusion.

- You said Yarennoka! was the last event of PRIDE.  Did you think you created a good finale?
I think so.  I believe there are many people who still believe PRIDE will come back someday.  I understand their feeling because Yarennoka! mentioned the possibility of their future event at the end.  I am, however, sure that PRIDE is over and there is no another event which has PRIDE style.

- Any comments to Japanese fighters?  I got an impression Aoki had a hard time.
I say Aoki was confused not only about his opponent but fighting in a very last fight in that event.  I believe he will be tougher by getting through that experience.  I was impressed to see Kawajiri`s fight.  He had a great performance by showing his strength and passion.  He never hesitated to fight aggressively.  I thought Ishida trained well and developed his performance by showing his takedowns, but I consider Melendez had the fighting spirit of top fighters, he tried to finish by punching.

- I think that was tough fight though?
He did what he could do not to lose and he dragged Melendez into his fighting style.  He controlled the fight by blocking Merendez's move.  As a top fighter he had to perform more exciting fight.

UFC Fight Night 68's Shawn Jordan talks Derrick Lewis' cheap shots in first meeting

Shawn Jordan explains how things played out in his first meeting with Derrick Lewis ahead of their rematch at UFC Fight Night 68.Filed under: Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

UFC champ Cain Velasquez defends his camp's training practices, talks Jon Jones and Mayweather vs. Pacquiao

SBN's Luke Thomas gets the UFC heavyweight champ to open up about the controversial training practices of American Kickboxing Academy, his own injuries and those of his teammate Khabib Nurmagomedov. read news >>

Former UFC champion Rashad Evans talks injury and rehab: 'I've reached out to GSP, Dominick Cruz' for support

Rashad Evans speaks with MMAmania regarding his latest setback and how he has been handling a substantial amount of time off. When Rashad Evans returns, as he projected, in fall 2015, it will be clos read news >>

Daniel Cormier talks UFC 187: Beating Anthony Johnson -- and not Jon Jones -- won't cheapen title win

"DC" hopes to face "Bones" again one day, but defeating Anthony "Rumble" Johnson to win the UFC light heavyweight title won't make becoming a champion any less sweeter. In the fight game, title shots read news >>

Al Bernstein talks Mayweather-Pacquiao, calls UFC's Jon Jones decision 'intriguing'

Al Bernstein has covered boxing for more than 30 years and has called some of the biggest fights in the sport’s recent history. Filed under: MMAjunkie Radio, News, UFC read news >>

The MMA Hour - 279 - Kevin Iole

Yahoo Sports' Kevin Iole talks Jon Jones, UFC 186 and the gigantic Mayweather vs. Pacquiao boxing match on Saturday night. read news >>

The MMA Hour - 279 - Mark Munoz

Mark Munoz previews his May 16 fight against Luke Barnatt, as well as talks Mayweather vs. Pacquiao. read news >>

The MMA Hour - 279 - Steve Hanoian

Steve Hanoian, owner of Synapse Performance Therapy, talks about working with Floyd Mayweather and others. read news >>

The MMA Hour - 279 - Tim Means

me Tim Means talks about his latest winning streak and fighting Matt Brown at UFC 189. read news >>