Takada had an interview with the Japanese MMA magazine, Kakuto Tsushin.
- Any thoughts about Yarennoka!?
I feel like that event was held a long time ago.  I cannot believe it is only a month since NYE.  Don't you think so?  That was a really dramatic event and I wonder if I was dreaming or saw an illusion.

- You said Yarennoka! was the last event of PRIDE.  Did you think you created a good finale?
I think so.  I believe there are many people who still believe PRIDE will come back someday.  I understand their feeling because Yarennoka! mentioned the possibility of their future event at the end.  I am, however, sure that PRIDE is over and there is no another event which has PRIDE style.

- Any comments to Japanese fighters?  I got an impression Aoki had a hard time.
I say Aoki was confused not only about his opponent but fighting in a very last fight in that event.  I believe he will be tougher by getting through that experience.  I was impressed to see Kawajiri`s fight.  He had a great performance by showing his strength and passion.  He never hesitated to fight aggressively.  I thought Ishida trained well and developed his performance by showing his takedowns, but I consider Melendez had the fighting spirit of top fighters, he tried to finish by punching.

- I think that was tough fight though?
He did what he could do not to lose and he dragged Melendez into his fighting style.  He controlled the fight by blocking Merendez's move.  As a top fighter he had to perform more exciting fight.

Miesha Tate Happy Donald Trump Was Elected (video) | MMAWeekly.com

Miesha Tate talks about her start in MMA, the best women's bantamweight, her UFC 205 fight, and said she was happy that Donald Trump was elected president. read news >>

Tim Boetsch Lands the KO, Goes Hunting for Pizza (UFC 205 Post-Fight Video) | MMAWeekly.com

Tim Boetsch talks to the press after his win over Rafael Natal at UFC 205 in New York City, and his search for a good slice of pizza. read news >>

Khabib Nurmagomedov on Conor McGregor Backstage Confrontation (video) | MMAWeekly.com

Lightweight contender Khabib Nurmagomedov talks about his backstage confrontation with Conor McGregor after weighing in for UFC 205. read news >>

Frankie Edgar Doesn't Remember the Possible Illegal Knee (UFC 205 video) | MMAWeekly.com

Frankie Edgar talks to the press after his victory over Jeremy Stephens at UFC 205 in New York City. read news >>

Tyron Woodley Recounts Conor McGregor Backstage Confrontation | MMAWeekly.com

Tyron Woodley talks about the various run-ins he had with Conor McGregor during UFC 205 fight week, culminating in a backstage confrontation. read news >>

Cris Cyborg Talks Ronda Rousey, Next Fight, and No More Catchweight Bouts (video) | MMAWeekly.com

Cris Cyborg talks about her next fight, her intent to stay away from 140-pound catchweight bouts, Ronda Rousey, and a whole lot more. read news >>

Luke Rockhold Breaks Down McGregor vs. Nurmagomedov, Bisping vs. Romero, and More (video) | MMAWeekly.com

Luke Rockhold talks about the recent injury, why he might be out longer than expected, who he wants upon his return, and some upcoming high-profile match-ups. read news >>

Video: Miesha Tate talks 'transition,' not retirement, remains content after choice to walk away

MELBOURNE, Australia – Miesha Tate didn’t head to New York intent on retiring at UFC 205, but it didn’t take long for her to decide her heart simply wasn’t in fighting any longer.Filed under: Feature read news >>

Demian Maia talks Robbie Lawler offer, title-shot hopes and desired Anderson Silva rematch

SAO PAULO – Demian Maia was sitting cageside when UFC 205’s co-headliner between champ Tyron Woodley and Stephen Thompson was, much to his dismay, declared a draw. He’s now analyzing his options.File read news >>

Robert Whittaker: Fight Night Melbourne Warrior Code Video | MMAWeekly.com

Robert Whittaker loves to fight and he talks about the lifestyle in this edition of Warrior Code. Whittaker takes on Derek Brunson at UFC Melbourne. read news >>