Takada talks about Yarennoka!

Takada had an interview with the Japanese MMA magazine, Kakuto Tsushin.
- Any thoughts about Yarennoka!?
I feel like that event was held a long time ago.  I cannot believe it is only a month since NYE.  Don't you think so?  That was a really dramatic event and I wonder if I was dreaming or saw an illusion.

- You said Yarennoka! was the last event of PRIDE.  Did you think you created a good finale?
I think so.  I believe there are many people who still believe PRIDE will come back someday.  I understand their feeling because Yarennoka! mentioned the possibility of their future event at the end.  I am, however, sure that PRIDE is over and there is no another event which has PRIDE style.

- Any comments to Japanese fighters?  I got an impression Aoki had a hard time.
I say Aoki was confused not only about his opponent but fighting in a very last fight in that event.  I believe he will be tougher by getting through that experience.  I was impressed to see Kawajiri`s fight.  He had a great performance by showing his strength and passion.  He never hesitated to fight aggressively.  I thought Ishida trained well and developed his performance by showing his takedowns, but I consider Melendez had the fighting spirit of top fighters, he tried to finish by punching.

- I think that was tough fight though?
He did what he could do not to lose and he dragged Melendez into his fighting style.  He controlled the fight by blocking Merendez's move.  As a top fighter he had to perform more exciting fight.

Related

“Inside MMA” co-host Bas Rutten takes issue with Ben Askren’s critique of the AXS TV show and co-host Kenny Rice following a controversial interview segment this past week. Filed under: AXS TV Fights read news >>

Rin Nakai takes on former Strikeforce champion and UFC title contender Miesha Tate at UFC Fight Night 52 in Saitama, Japan and has no intentions of losing in front of the Japanese crowd. read news >>

ONE FC welterweight champion Ben Askren feels AXS TV Fights' Inside MMA program showed him an obvious bias towards the UFC—and a network executive doesn't seem to disagree. The "Funky" one appeared o read news >>

Anthony Johnson talks about potentially fighting Alexander Gustafsson next, and more. read news >>

Inside MMA host Bas Rutten responded to crtics about ONE FC welterweight champion Ben Askren being cut off during a recent interview on the show. read news >>

Chael Sonnen's retirement from MMA hasn't exactly been silent. After the former UFC light heavyweight was suspended for two years by the Nevada Athletic Commission in July for testing positive for mu read news >>

Liam McGeary talks about winning the Bellator light heavyweight tournament on Friday. read news >>

Kid Nate talks to Sherdog's Jack Encarnacao and Brian D'Souza of CagePotato about the recent spate of bad PR for mma including Thiago Silva's UFC return and GSP's finding his way into a NY Times feat read news >>

• 2 hours ago

TUF 20 competitor Aisling Daly talks about cornering Paddy Holohan at UFC Fight Night Halifax, her experience on the show and the rise of SBG. read news >>

Related