Takada talks about Yarennoka!

Takada had an interview with the Japanese MMA magazine, Kakuto Tsushin.
- Any thoughts about Yarennoka!?
I feel like that event was held a long time ago.  I cannot believe it is only a month since NYE.  Don't you think so?  That was a really dramatic event and I wonder if I was dreaming or saw an illusion.

- You said Yarennoka! was the last event of PRIDE.  Did you think you created a good finale?
I think so.  I believe there are many people who still believe PRIDE will come back someday.  I understand their feeling because Yarennoka! mentioned the possibility of their future event at the end.  I am, however, sure that PRIDE is over and there is no another event which has PRIDE style.

- Any comments to Japanese fighters?  I got an impression Aoki had a hard time.
I say Aoki was confused not only about his opponent but fighting in a very last fight in that event.  I believe he will be tougher by getting through that experience.  I was impressed to see Kawajiri`s fight.  He had a great performance by showing his strength and passion.  He never hesitated to fight aggressively.  I thought Ishida trained well and developed his performance by showing his takedowns, but I consider Melendez had the fighting spirit of top fighters, he tried to finish by punching.

- I think that was tough fight though?
He did what he could do not to lose and he dragged Melendez into his fighting style.  He controlled the fight by blocking Merendez's move.  As a top fighter he had to perform more exciting fight.

Related

Bellator MMA featherweight champ Pat Curran talks the importance of his rematch with Patricio Pitbull, what's up with his fight with Frodo Khasbulaev, and what he wants to see in Scott Coker's versio read news >>

If the money was the same as MMA, would the former Bellator LW champ go back to wrestling instead of fighting? Plus, his thoughts on Scott Coker running Bellator MMA. read news >>

In this lost interview from 2011, Liddell talks fighting teammates, his trilogy with Randy Couture, and ballroom dancing on a TV reality series! read news >>

With the line between athlete and entertainer becoming more blurred each year, Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson finds himself working alongside some of MMA's biggest stars. Having filmed Fast & Furious 6 wi read news >>

How did you get into MMA?  I actually got into MMA just because I wanted to try a new try of workout and lose some weight and started loving it and decided to train for real!Your last fight was a re read news >>

Bellator MMA has added Japanese mixed martial arts veteran Hideo Tokoro to its roster, Sherdog.com has learned from a source close to the negotiations. read news >>

Daniel Cormier talks about getting a title shot against Jon Jones after Alexander Gustafsson withdrew from UFC 178 due to injury. read news >>

Rashad Evans talks about his recovery from knee surgery, Anthony Johnson's performance on Saturday night and the upcoming Jon Jones vs. Daniel Cormier fight. read news >>

The worldwide leader for mixed martial arts and UFC news, MMA News, UFC Rumors, MMA Rankings, Interviews, Videos, UFC Results, and UFC Blog read news >>

Related