Takada talks about Yarennoka!

• submit to reddit

Takada had an interview with the Japanese MMA magazine, Kakuto Tsushin.
- Any thoughts about Yarennoka!?
I feel like that event was held a long time ago.  I cannot believe it is only a month since NYE.  Don't you think so?  That was a really dramatic event and I wonder if I was dreaming or saw an illusion.

- You said Yarennoka! was the last event of PRIDE.  Did you think you created a good finale?
I think so.  I believe there are many people who still believe PRIDE will come back someday.  I understand their feeling because Yarennoka! mentioned the possibility of their future event at the end.  I am, however, sure that PRIDE is over and there is no another event which has PRIDE style.

- Any comments to Japanese fighters?  I got an impression Aoki had a hard time.
I say Aoki was confused not only about his opponent but fighting in a very last fight in that event.  I believe he will be tougher by getting through that experience.  I was impressed to see Kawajiri`s fight.  He had a great performance by showing his strength and passion.  He never hesitated to fight aggressively.  I thought Ishida trained well and developed his performance by showing his takedowns, but I consider Melendez had the fighting spirit of top fighters, he tried to finish by punching.

- I think that was tough fight though?
He did what he could do not to lose and he dragged Melendez into his fighting style.  He controlled the fight by blocking Merendez's move.  As a top fighter he had to perform more exciting fight.

In a recent interview, Dan Gable, hero of American wrestling, talked extensively about mixed martial arts. In particular he discusses how he might have done as a fighter. Dan Gable, without a doubt, is the biggest name in American wrestling. As a wrestler at Iowa State in the 1960's he turned out one of the most storied college careers in history. In 1971, Gable became a world champion in freestyle wrestling, and in the 1972 Munich Games he claimed the first American Olympic gold medal in wrestl more

UFC president Dana White talks about recently signed undefeated Japanese female fighter Rin Nakai and her bizarre videos while in Pancrase. more

Dana White recently sat down to talk to Japanese MMA legend Kazushi Sakuraba about his days with Pride FC. Check out some snippets from their conversation. more

Video: UFC President Dana White recently got the opportunity to sit down and chat with MMA legend Kazushi Sakuraba -- a man White dubbed a "national treasure" -- to talk about "Saku's" time with PRIDE Fighting Championships. more

In this lost interview from 2011, Liddell talks fighting teammates, his trilogy with Randy Couture, and ballroom dancing on a TV reality series! more

Jon Fitch talks about why he wouldn't be surprised to see the UFC fixing fights, his unique cryptocurrency sponsorship and his take on oversaturation in MMA. Jon Fitch is fighting in the co-main event of this weekend's World Series of Fighting 11 card, which is airing for the first time on NBC, live on July 5th at 4pm ET/ 1pm PT. Our own Steph Daniels got an exclusive interview with him for Bloody Elbow covering everything from his crowd funded sponsorship by a cryptocurrency to his thoughts abo more

LAS VEGAS — The champ is here, and she says she’s never been more relaxed ahead of her fight against Alexis Davis.Filed under: Featured, Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos more

UFC women's bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey was a Star Wars fan and talks about being star struck when meeting one of the leading actors of the legendary movie series. more

LAS VEGAS -- UFC middleweight champion Chris Weidman talks about his special UFC 165 guest, six-year-old legless wrestler from Long Island, Isaiah Bird. For more on Bird, click here. more