Takada talks about Yarennoka!

Takada had an interview with the Japanese MMA magazine, Kakuto Tsushin.
- Any thoughts about Yarennoka!?
I feel like that event was held a long time ago.  I cannot believe it is only a month since NYE.  Don't you think so?  That was a really dramatic event and I wonder if I was dreaming or saw an illusion.

- You said Yarennoka! was the last event of PRIDE.  Did you think you created a good finale?
I think so.  I believe there are many people who still believe PRIDE will come back someday.  I understand their feeling because Yarennoka! mentioned the possibility of their future event at the end.  I am, however, sure that PRIDE is over and there is no another event which has PRIDE style.

- Any comments to Japanese fighters?  I got an impression Aoki had a hard time.
I say Aoki was confused not only about his opponent but fighting in a very last fight in that event.  I believe he will be tougher by getting through that experience.  I was impressed to see Kawajiri`s fight.  He had a great performance by showing his strength and passion.  He never hesitated to fight aggressively.  I thought Ishida trained well and developed his performance by showing his takedowns, but I consider Melendez had the fighting spirit of top fighters, he tried to finish by punching.

- I think that was tough fight though?
He did what he could do not to lose and he dragged Melendez into his fighting style.  He controlled the fight by blocking Merendez's move.  As a top fighter he had to perform more exciting fight.

Related

Barnett believes that Japanese MMA is not done yet, and pro wrestling may be a key in helping it regain popularity read news >>

If Harry Smith’s name doesn’t ring a bell, you might know him better as David Hart Smith or Davey Boy Smith Jr. But either way, he certainly knows MMA and wrestling's crossover. read news >>

Former UFC heavyweight champion Tim Sylvia talks about why he announced his retirement on Saturday night. read news >>

Ben Askren talks Jones-Cormier, training with CM Punk and what's next for him in ONE FC. read news >>

UFC heavyweight contender Travis Browne talks about winning and losing in MMA, his decision to change training camps and the truth about Ronda Rousey's training in this video. read news >>

You got involved in boxing first, What made you first decide to begin MMA in 2010? When I started boxing in college, I founded a Fight Club so that I could read news >>

Barnett breaks down how he sees the UFC Heavyweight championship unification fight will go, and his thoughts on Jon Jones' positive test for cocaine use. read news >>

Matt Brown talks about his search for an opponent next month. read news >>

The MMA legend thinks CM Punk had better be ready for the octagon and that "Rampage" should finish with Bellator read news >>