Takada had an interview with the Japanese MMA magazine, Kakuto Tsushin.
- Any thoughts about Yarennoka!?
I feel like that event was held a long time ago.  I cannot believe it is only a month since NYE.  Don't you think so?  That was a really dramatic event and I wonder if I was dreaming or saw an illusion.

- You said Yarennoka! was the last event of PRIDE.  Did you think you created a good finale?
I think so.  I believe there are many people who still believe PRIDE will come back someday.  I understand their feeling because Yarennoka! mentioned the possibility of their future event at the end.  I am, however, sure that PRIDE is over and there is no another event which has PRIDE style.

- Any comments to Japanese fighters?  I got an impression Aoki had a hard time.
I say Aoki was confused not only about his opponent but fighting in a very last fight in that event.  I believe he will be tougher by getting through that experience.  I was impressed to see Kawajiri`s fight.  He had a great performance by showing his strength and passion.  He never hesitated to fight aggressively.  I thought Ishida trained well and developed his performance by showing his takedowns, but I consider Melendez had the fighting spirit of top fighters, he tried to finish by punching.

- I think that was tough fight though?
He did what he could do not to lose and he dragged Melendez into his fighting style.  He controlled the fight by blocking Merendez's move.  As a top fighter he had to perform more exciting fight.

Beneil Dariush Talks Michael Johnson, Conor McGregor and His Assyrian Heritage

At UFC Fight Night 73, Beneil Dariush (11-1) will be presented with the opportunity to catapult to the top of the lightweight division by defeating the UFC’s No. 5 contender in Michael Johnson (16-8) read news >>

Beneil Dariush Talks Michael Johnson, Conor McGregor and His Assyrian Heritage

Joseph Valtellini talks Glory 23, Holzken vs Daniels, and his health

Hear from former Glory champion Joseph Valtellini in this exclusive Bloody Elbow interview as he breaks down Holzken vs. Daniels, plus gives an update on his health. On Friday night's Glory 23 card, read news >>

Fedor Emelianenko: UFC doesn't want a Russian Champion

Legendary mixed martial artist Fedor Emelianenko talks about how and with what team he will prepare for his comeback, his latest negotiations with the UFC, on Khabib Nurmagomedov's brawl with the... read news >>

Jose Aldo says, withdrawing from his fight against Conor McGregor at UFC 189 was 'the right decision'

The UFC featherweight champion talks his withdrawal from the biggest fight of his life. It was the fight that everybody wanted to see. A fight that could have made both fighters several millions of d read news >>

Frankie Edgar Picks Aldo to Beat McGregor, Talks Future in 145-Pound Division

It's tough to dislike Frankie "The Answer" Edgar. The former UFC lightweight champion and current top featherweight speaks openly and honestly, rarely (if ever) resorting to hyperbole or smack talk t read news >>

Morning Report: Conor McGregor talks TUF with Urijah Faber, lessons learned from Chad Mendes and dates with Jose Aldo

Conor McGregor's had a busy summer. On July 11 he become the interim UFC featherweight champion and went straight into filming the next season of The Ultimate Fighter just days later. McGregor will c read news >>

Demian Maia talks potential bouts with Gunnar Nelson and champion Robbie Lawler

RIO DE JANEIRO -- Demian Maia dominated and finished Neil Magny at UFC 190, and still has title aspirations. At 37 years old, the jiu-jitsu ace told the media in Brazil why he feels he’s at his prime read news >>

Nova Uniao coach talks Renan Barao at 145, champion Jose Aldo's December return

Will Barao move up to featherweight after his UFC on FOX 16 title loss? Can Aldo compete before the end of the year? Those questions answered, and more, by Nova Uniao head coach Andre Pederneiras ... read news >>

Ronda Rousey Video: Miesha Tate Trilogy, Cyborg, and Rowdy Roddy Piper’s Passing

Ronda Rousey talks about her KO win over Bethe Correia, her third fight against Miesha Tate, a possible fight with Cris 'Cyborg' and the passing of Rowdy Roddy Piper. read news >>