Takada had an interview with the Japanese MMA magazine, Kakuto Tsushin.
- Any thoughts about Yarennoka!?
I feel like that event was held a long time ago.  I cannot believe it is only a month since NYE.  Don't you think so?  That was a really dramatic event and I wonder if I was dreaming or saw an illusion.

- You said Yarennoka! was the last event of PRIDE.  Did you think you created a good finale?
I think so.  I believe there are many people who still believe PRIDE will come back someday.  I understand their feeling because Yarennoka! mentioned the possibility of their future event at the end.  I am, however, sure that PRIDE is over and there is no another event which has PRIDE style.

- Any comments to Japanese fighters?  I got an impression Aoki had a hard time.
I say Aoki was confused not only about his opponent but fighting in a very last fight in that event.  I believe he will be tougher by getting through that experience.  I was impressed to see Kawajiri`s fight.  He had a great performance by showing his strength and passion.  He never hesitated to fight aggressively.  I thought Ishida trained well and developed his performance by showing his takedowns, but I consider Melendez had the fighting spirit of top fighters, he tried to finish by punching.

- I think that was tough fight though?
He did what he could do not to lose and he dragged Melendez into his fighting style.  He controlled the fight by blocking Merendez's move.  As a top fighter he had to perform more exciting fight.

From Around the Web

WSOF exec Ali Abdel-Aziz talks Thiago Silva, shady managers in MMA

Few fighters had a more chaotic 2014 campaign than Thiago Silva. The veteran light heavyweight lost his job with the UFC not just once, but twice because of the fallout from a Feb. 6 incident with Br read news >>

The MMA Hour - 275 - Todd Duffee

Todd Duffee talks about his strong desire to fight Frank Mir. read news >>

'Punkass' talks state of UFC sponsorship, Tapout's new WWE deal

As the most established of all the MMA “lifestyle brands,” Tapout has not been as hard hit by the UFC’s sponsorship restrictions and its new exclusive deal with Reebok. But, the company still got a h read news >>

Tyson Fury Reportedly Holds Bellator Talks Ahead of Potential MMA Fight

Boxing giant Tyson Fury has suggested "serious talks" are under way with Bellator president Scott Coker over the possibility of him securing an MMA fight.Fury announced as much on Twitter:MMA writer read news >>

Paige VanZant Video: ‘I Don’t Think I Was a Fighter Until My Last Fight’

Paige VanZant talks to Inside MMA about how she didn't feel like she was really a fighter until her last bout, and comparisons to Ronda Rousey. read news >>

Fight Tracks: Eminem 2, Tupac 0 – the walkout songs of UFC Fight Night 62

Slim Shady bucked the infamous “Eminem Curse” in MMA and picked up two wins, while Tupac got shut out. Plus, classic Aerosmith and the lyrical gangster himself, Ini Kamoze. Check out the walkouts of read news >>

Josh Koscheck admits MMA is 'changing', but not ready to announce retirement after 5th straight UFC loss

Josh Koscheck says that MMA has evolved a lot from when he first started, but as he suffered his 5th straight defeat inside the UFC, he isn't ready to call it quits just yet. Josh Koscheck suffered h read news >>

Bobby Lashley Inks Long-Term Extension with Bellator

Bellator MMA announced on Friday that superstar heavyweight Bobby Lashley (12-2) has signed a long-term contract extension with the promotion. read news >>

Bellator announces 'long-term contract extension' with Bobby Lashley

Two-time Bellator MMA veteran and former professional wrestling superstar Bobby Lashley has signed a “long-term contract extension” with the California-based organization.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>