Pat Healy Admits to Positive UFC 159 Drug Test

Pat Healy - StrikeforcePat Healy on Tuesday revealed that he tested positive for marijuana following his UFC 159: Jones vs. Sonnen victory over Jim Miller on April 27 in New Jersey.

Healy’s representatives at Iridium Sports Agency informed MMAWeekly.com that the Healy vs. Miller result has been changed to a no contest, and that Healy has been handed a 90-day suspension.

“I would like to start off by apologizing to the UFC, Jim Miller, the MMA community, it’s fans, my family, teammates and coaches for my positive testing for marijuana after my UFC 159 fight with Jim Miller,” Healy said in a prepared statement.

“I was fully aware of the UFC and State Commission’s drug policies and made poor life choices. I stand behind the UFC and the State Commission’s disciplinary actions. I support efforts to make MMA and sports a clean, safe and fair place to compete.

“First and foremost, I would like to acknowledge and take responsibility for my mistake. I made a very poor choice to socially use marijuana and now I must face the consequences of that choice. I can assure you that I will do everything the UFC and State Commission asks of me and beyond. I will also make a conscious effort to be a better role model within the MMA community.”

Healy and Miller fought a back-and-forth, high paced fight with Healy submitting Miller late in the third round. They were awarded Fight of the Night honors, and Healy was awarded the Submission of the Night bonus.

The New Jersey Athletic Control Board declined to comment. The UFC had yet to comment at the time of publication.

From Around the Web

UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones failed a drug test prior to this past weekend’s UFC 182 event due to cocaine metabolites and has reportedly entered rehab.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones tested positive for cocaine metabolites in out-of-competition testing prior to UFC 182, MMAFighting.com has learned. A drug test on Dec. 4 showed benzoylecgon read news >>

Jon Jones has reportedly tested positive for cocaine metabolites during a pre-UFC 182 drug test and since checked himself into rehab. read news >>

UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones and the UFC have each issued a statement in the wake of reports that Jones tested positive for a cocaine metabolite during a pre-fight drug test and will ente read news >>

The aftermath of this week's news that Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) light heavyweight champion Jon Jones tested positive for cocaine metabolites prior to his fight against Daniel Cormier at U read news >>

UFC president Dana White appeared on Fox Sports 1's America's Pregame on Wednesday to discuss light heavyweight champion Jon Jones failing an out of competition drug test for cocaine. read news >>

Former UFC light heavyweight champion, UFC Hall of Fame member and mixed martial arts icon Chuck Liddell weighed in on Jon Jones testing positive to cocaine metabolites. read news >>

Jones banked $500,000 for his appearance at UFC 182, as well as an extra $50,000 in bonus money. Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) handed down a $25,000 fine to light heavyweight champion Jon Jone read news >>

Fresh off his $25,000 fine for violating the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) code of conduct policy (details), light heavyweight champion Jon Jones will make his first public appearance -- drug read news >>