Pat Healy Admits to Positive UFC 159 Drug Test

• submit to reddit

Pat Healy - StrikeforcePat Healy on Tuesday revealed that he tested positive for marijuana following his UFC 159: Jones vs. Sonnen victory over Jim Miller on April 27 in New Jersey.

Healy’s representatives at Iridium Sports Agency informed MMAWeekly.com that the Healy vs. Miller result has been changed to a no contest, and that Healy has been handed a 90-day suspension.

“I would like to start off by apologizing to the UFC, Jim Miller, the MMA community, it’s fans, my family, teammates and coaches for my positive testing for marijuana after my UFC 159 fight with Jim Miller,” Healy said in a prepared statement.

“I was fully aware of the UFC and State Commission’s drug policies and made poor life choices. I stand behind the UFC and the State Commission’s disciplinary actions. I support efforts to make MMA and sports a clean, safe and fair place to compete.

“First and foremost, I would like to acknowledge and take responsibility for my mistake. I made a very poor choice to socially use marijuana and now I must face the consequences of that choice. I can assure you that I will do everything the UFC and State Commission asks of me and beyond. I will also make a conscious effort to be a better role model within the MMA community.”

Healy and Miller fought a back-and-forth, high paced fight with Healy submitting Miller late in the third round. They were awarded Fight of the Night honors, and Healy was awarded the Submission of the Night bonus.

The New Jersey Athletic Control Board declined to comment. The UFC had yet to comment at the time of publication.

Ali Bagautinov tested positive for erythropoietin (EPO), a banned substance, prior to his June 14 bout with flyweight champion Demetrious Johnson at UFC 174 in Vancouver. more

Robert Drysdale finally makes his UFC debut on Sunday night, and he decided to open up about his controversial start in the promotion in 2013.
Drysdale, a jiu-jitsu world champion and ADCC openweight champion, was set to make his promotional debut at UFC 167, but was removed from a light heavyweight bout with Cody Donovan after failing a Nevada Athletic Commission (NAC) mandated out-of-competition drug test.
Ironically, Drysdale was never suspended by the commission or punished by the UFC for te more

Recent flyweight title challenger Ali Bagautinov failed a random drug test prior to his UFC 174 championship bout with Demetrious Johnson, a fight which took place on June 14, and needless to say, UFC President Dana White isn't happy about it. White was succinct in addressing the situation when he made a comment to Kevin Iole of Yahoo Sports.
"I'm beyond disappointed," White said about Bagautinov's positive test. "We're not paying lip service to this. We're trying to clean this up. It's hurting more

Chael Sonnen was popped for HGH and EPO, what are the possible implications of this for Mixed Martial Arts?
Chael Sonnen failed two drug tests in a span of a few weeks, with the second having him test positive for HGH and EPO. Although he has recently retired, this PED use has led to him being let go from his Fox broadcasting duties, a firing which Dana White says to have been a tough call to make.
So what does this test mean for Chael and for the sport in general? Well for one, Metamoris doesn' more

But to be fair, he's willing to jump through the same hoops if it means "setting an example."
Hello, Mr. Aguilar? I have Tim Kennedy on line one ...
Streaking Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) middleweight contender Tim Kennedy will ask the Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC) to drug test his next opponent, Yoel Romero, prior to their "Sin City" showdown in September (details).
Not that he's accusing Romero of being dirty, he just wants to help set an example for the sport. @YoelRomeroMMA more

Hey look, some news about UFC drug testing ... that isn't bad.
UFC Fight Night 43 drug test results are in from Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC), which today (July 9, 2014) confirmed that select mixed martial arts (MMA) fighters tested for illegal/banned substances following the "Te Huna vs. Marquardt" fight card last month in New Zealand have all passed with flying colors.
Results from those battery of tests, which include performance enhancing drugs (PEDs) such as steroids and drugs of abu more

Former UFC fighter Chael Sonnen has responded to the Nevada Athletic Commission, accepting responsibility after testing positive on two random drug tests and waived his right to a hearing. more

Ali Bagautinov has allegedly tested positive for erythropoietin (EPO) in a June 2 out-of-competition test prior to his flyweight title fight at UFC 174 against Demetrious Johnson. more

UFC has issued an official statement on the heels of Ali Bagautinov's failed drug test, which was administered prior to his fight against Demetrious Johnson at UFC 174. Ali Bagautinov was suspended by the British Columbia Athletic Commission (BCAC) for testing positive for Recombinant Human Erythropoietin (EPO) following his loss to flyweight champion Demetrious Johnson on June 14, 2014 in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, forbidding him from competing in the province for one year.
Hours afte more