Pat Healy Admits to Positive UFC 159 Drug Test

Pat Healy - StrikeforcePat Healy on Tuesday revealed that he tested positive for marijuana following his UFC 159: Jones vs. Sonnen victory over Jim Miller on April 27 in New Jersey.

Healy’s representatives at Iridium Sports Agency informed MMAWeekly.com that the Healy vs. Miller result has been changed to a no contest, and that Healy has been handed a 90-day suspension.

“I would like to start off by apologizing to the UFC, Jim Miller, the MMA community, it’s fans, my family, teammates and coaches for my positive testing for marijuana after my UFC 159 fight with Jim Miller,” Healy said in a prepared statement.

“I was fully aware of the UFC and State Commission’s drug policies and made poor life choices. I stand behind the UFC and the State Commission’s disciplinary actions. I support efforts to make MMA and sports a clean, safe and fair place to compete.

“First and foremost, I would like to acknowledge and take responsibility for my mistake. I made a very poor choice to socially use marijuana and now I must face the consequences of that choice. I can assure you that I will do everything the UFC and State Commission asks of me and beyond. I will also make a conscious effort to be a better role model within the MMA community.”

Healy and Miller fought a back-and-forth, high paced fight with Healy submitting Miller late in the third round. They were awarded Fight of the Night honors, and Healy was awarded the Submission of the Night bonus.

The New Jersey Athletic Control Board declined to comment. The UFC had yet to comment at the time of publication.

If it's not injuries, it's drug tests. Getting popped for poison pee-pee in mixed martial arts (MMA) is not exclusive to Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC), as Bellator MMA was recently put on blas read news >>

The Nevada Athletic Commission collected both blood and urine samples from UFC middleweight No. 1 contender Vitor Belfort in Florida on Saturday. read news >>

The Nevada State Athletic Commission finally lived up to their promise to drug test former TRT user Vitor Belfort and showed up in Florida to collect blood and urine from the fighter. For those cynic read news >>

Days after UFC middleweight champion Chris Weidman questioned the Nevada State Athletic Commission for not drug testing Vitor Belfort leading up to their UFC 184 bout, "The Phenom" has submitted to a read news >>

Chris Weidman, Luke Rockhold, and Michael Bisping spoke about Vitor Belfort and performance enhancing drugs. Chris Weidman will be cageside this weekend at UFC Fight Night: Bisping vs. Rockhold, and read news >>

Top Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) middleweight contender Luke Rockhold recently disposed of venerable gatekeeper Michael Bisping, thanks to a second-round submission at UFC Fight Night 55 (hig read news >>

UFC middleweight title challenger Vitor Belfort passed a random drug test administered by the Nevada State Athletic Commission in advance of his February title fight against champ Chris Weidman.Filed read news >>

UFC middleweight title challenger Vitor Belfort has passed a random drug test administered to him by Nevada's Athletic Commission earlier this month. The leading storyline in the build-up to Chris We read news >>

Vitor Belfort passed the first of what is expected to be many random drug tests ahead of his upcoming UFC 184 title challenge against middleweight champion Chris Weidman, MMAFighting.com confirmed wi read news >>

Jump to: