Pat Healy Admits to Positive UFC 159 Drug Test

Pat Healy - StrikeforcePat Healy on Tuesday revealed that he tested positive for marijuana following his UFC 159: Jones vs. Sonnen victory over Jim Miller on April 27 in New Jersey.

Healy’s representatives at Iridium Sports Agency informed MMAWeekly.com that the Healy vs. Miller result has been changed to a no contest, and that Healy has been handed a 90-day suspension.

“I would like to start off by apologizing to the UFC, Jim Miller, the MMA community, it’s fans, my family, teammates and coaches for my positive testing for marijuana after my UFC 159 fight with Jim Miller,” Healy said in a prepared statement.

“I was fully aware of the UFC and State Commission’s drug policies and made poor life choices. I stand behind the UFC and the State Commission’s disciplinary actions. I support efforts to make MMA and sports a clean, safe and fair place to compete.

“First and foremost, I would like to acknowledge and take responsibility for my mistake. I made a very poor choice to socially use marijuana and now I must face the consequences of that choice. I can assure you that I will do everything the UFC and State Commission asks of me and beyond. I will also make a conscious effort to be a better role model within the MMA community.”

Healy and Miller fought a back-and-forth, high paced fight with Healy submitting Miller late in the third round. They were awarded Fight of the Night honors, and Healy was awarded the Submission of the Night bonus.

The New Jersey Athletic Control Board declined to comment. The UFC had yet to comment at the time of publication.

Michinori Tanaka tested positive for a pair of banned substances following his most recent fight, and has been suspended by the UFC. Filed under: MMA Rumors, News, UFC read news >>

UFC bantamweight Michinori Tanaka has tested positive for prohibited substances as part of the UFC’s drug testing measures at UFC Fight Night 52. read news >>

Ultimate Fighting Championship on Tuesday announced that bantamweight Michinori Tanaka failed a drug test for two banned substances prior to his bout against Kyung Ho Kang at UFC Fight Night “H read news >>

It seems as if the Nevada State Athletic Commission is testing to make sure none of the bad blood between Jon Jones and Daniel Cormier has led to bad blood within the champion himself. Jones, who is read news >>

Jon Jones and his old friends at the Nevada Athletic Commission (NAC) got reacquainted with one another on Tuesday. Two weeks out from Jones' UFC 182 title challenge against Daniel Cormier, the UFC's read news >>

And he doesn't sound too worried about passing. Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) light heavyweight champion Jon Jones had a little visit from Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC) ahead of his read news >>

UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones on Thursday was required to submit to a random drug test. read news >>

• a day ago

Jon Jones had his blood drawn ahead of his UFC 182 grudge match. Looks like the Nevada State Athletic Commission is pushing through with enhanced testing for the upcoming light heavyweight title clas read news >>

There were a lot of Vitor Belfort fans bitching and moaning about the playing field as we head into the UFC 184 pay-per-view (PPV) event, scheduled for Feb. 28, 2014 inside the Staples Center in Los read news >>