Leonard Garcia at WEC 32By John Morgan/TAGG Radio Network

Less than 24 hours after Leonard Garcia’s (11-3) successful WEC debut, there is only one thought on his mind: getting back in the gym.

“Right now, I just called out one of the baddest dudes out there, so I got to get to work,” Garcia said.

After an impressive first-round TKO over Shooto and K-1 Hero’s veteran Hiroyuki Takaya (9-5-1), Garcia called out current WEC featherweight champion Urijah “The California Kid” Faber (20-1) in his post-fight interview.

Garcia was a guest on Thursday’s edition of TAGG Radio (www.taggradio.com), a content partner of MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com), and discussed the fight and his future plans.

“Urijah is a superstar, man,” Garcia said. “He just makes things up as he goes. I’m going to have to be ready for whatever he brings. So, it’s time to get back to work.”

Faber will likely next fight former UFC champion Jens Pulver, though a date for the bout hasn’t officially been announced. Regardless, with his own move to the WEC, Garcia said he feels confident after his drop from lightweight to featherweight, despite the win being his first fight at 145 lbs.

“It was a great cut for me,” Garcia said. “I was 149 (lbs.) when I woke up in the morning… It was real natural for me. I feel more athletic and a lot stronger at this weight. I think it was a great move for me.”

Garcia credits his excitement to return to the gym to his new affiliation with Jackson’s Submission Fighting in Albuquerque, N.M.

“Up until last year, I’ve never been to an MMA camp,” Garcia said. “This place has been a huge difference. I’m learning everything — submissions every day, guard passes. I’m still learning all these things. I’m still growing as a fighter.”

Garcia first caught many MMA fans’ eyes in two recent 15-minute wars in the UFC with lightweight contender Roger Huerta (20-1-1) and up-and-comer Cole Miller (13-3). But although those battles are memorable, Garcia said he prefers the type of quick finishes he displayed on Wednesday night.

“Any time you can end it early, that’s nice,” Garcia said. “Don’t get me wrong, I look back at the Roger Huerta fight, and I enjoy watching it. It’s one of those things that I enjoy being able to go to. But we’re fighters; we want to last long in this game. I don’t mind having a war if I have to, but if I can end it early, I definitely will. The sooner the better for me.”

No plans for a Garcia-Faber fight have been rumored yet, but that won’t stop Garcia from hitting the gym as soon as possible to begin the preparation.

“I don’t party or anything,” Garcia said. “I actually was going to go down there (Thursday) and do a little bit of drilling, but coach was telling me, â??You need the weekend off.’ I’ll be back ready to go on Monday.”

To hear the full interview, download Thursday’s edition of TAGG Radio, available for free in the TAGG Radio archives.

This story was produced by TAGG Radio specially for MMAjunkie.com. The show — which is hosted by fighter/broadcaster Frank Trigg, Gorgeous George and Goze — books some of the biggest names in MMA. Download all the former episodes at www.taggradio.com, or tune into TAGG Radio’s live shows Monday-Friday at noon ET/9 a.m. PT.

Frank Mir eyes return to the broadcast booth, reflects on Jose Aldo's WEC debut

Pull up any early WEC event on UFC Fight Pass and it's likely you'll hear a familiar voice in the broadcast booth. That's because up until mid-2010, the distinctive timbre of two-time UFC heavyweight read news >>

WSOF 22: Abubakar Nurmagomedov vs. Jorge Moreno video highlights

• 19 hours ago

LAS VEGAS – Abubakar Nurmagomedov made a successful WSOF debut and earned a dominant unanimous-decision victory over fellow welterweight Jorge Moreno..Filed under: News, Videos, WSOF read news >>

Dana White: UFC 189 more successful without Jose Aldo, will be 'bigger than UFC 100'

I guess Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) President Dana White had no reason to be "disappointed" after all. That's because the UFC 189 pay-per-view (PPV) event, which takes place on Saturday nigh read news >>

Video: Urijah Faber says Chad Mendes looking mean, ready to take belt at UFC 189

LAS VEGAS – Urijah Faber might know Chad Mendes better than anyone, and he believes his longtime teammate is about to bring a second title back to Team Alpha Male. Filed under: Featured, Featured Vid read news >>

Invicta FC 13's Faith Van Duin is nervous – but not because she's fighting 'Cyborg'

LAS VEGAS – Before her pro debut just a couple years ago, Faith Van Duin was admittedly a non-athletic, lazy, goal-lacking mom. Now? She’s a day away from fighting the most fearsome 145-pound female read news >>

Urijah Faber pokes fun at Conor McGregor on Instagram

Urijah Faber mocks Conor McGregor on Instagram. The trash talk between Conor McGregor and Jose Aldo has been put on hold due to the champion's withdrawal from UFC 189 after suffering a rib fracture d read news >>

Al Iaquinta Off UFC Fight Night 71 Card, Looks to Fix Knee Injury

Within hours of learning that Gilbert Melendez had failed his UFC 188 drug test, Al Iaquinta bagged hopes of fighting on July 15 in San Diego. read news >>

The MMA Hour - 289 - Jorge Masvidal

Jorge Masvidal talks about his UFC welterweight debut against Cezar Ferreira at TUF 21 Finale this weekend. read news >>

TUF 21 Finale: 3 Things to Look for in Michelle Waterson's UFC Debut

Michelle Waterson, former Invicta FC atomweight champion, joined the UFC earlier this year and will make her in-cage debut on July 12th against Angela Magana. It was a significant signing for the gro read news >>

Video: 'Countdown to UFC 189: Robbie Lawler vs. Rory MacDonald' full segment

Did you miss the debut of “Countdown to UFC 189,” or just want to watch it again? Check out the full segment devoted to co-headliners Robbie Lawler and Rory MacDonald.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>