Leonard Garcia at WEC 32By John Morgan/TAGG Radio Network

Less than 24 hours after Leonard Garcia’s (11-3) successful WEC debut, there is only one thought on his mind: getting back in the gym.

“Right now, I just called out one of the baddest dudes out there, so I got to get to work,” Garcia said.

After an impressive first-round TKO over Shooto and K-1 Hero’s veteran Hiroyuki Takaya (9-5-1), Garcia called out current WEC featherweight champion Urijah “The California Kid” Faber (20-1) in his post-fight interview.

Garcia was a guest on Thursday’s edition of TAGG Radio (www.taggradio.com), a content partner of MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com), and discussed the fight and his future plans.

“Urijah is a superstar, man,” Garcia said. “He just makes things up as he goes. I’m going to have to be ready for whatever he brings. So, it’s time to get back to work.”

Faber will likely next fight former UFC champion Jens Pulver, though a date for the bout hasn’t officially been announced. Regardless, with his own move to the WEC, Garcia said he feels confident after his drop from lightweight to featherweight, despite the win being his first fight at 145 lbs.

“It was a great cut for me,” Garcia said. “I was 149 (lbs.) when I woke up in the morning… It was real natural for me. I feel more athletic and a lot stronger at this weight. I think it was a great move for me.”

Garcia credits his excitement to return to the gym to his new affiliation with Jackson’s Submission Fighting in Albuquerque, N.M.

“Up until last year, I’ve never been to an MMA camp,” Garcia said. “This place has been a huge difference. I’m learning everything — submissions every day, guard passes. I’m still learning all these things. I’m still growing as a fighter.”

Garcia first caught many MMA fans’ eyes in two recent 15-minute wars in the UFC with lightweight contender Roger Huerta (20-1-1) and up-and-comer Cole Miller (13-3). But although those battles are memorable, Garcia said he prefers the type of quick finishes he displayed on Wednesday night.

“Any time you can end it early, that’s nice,” Garcia said. “Don’t get me wrong, I look back at the Roger Huerta fight, and I enjoy watching it. It’s one of those things that I enjoy being able to go to. But we’re fighters; we want to last long in this game. I don’t mind having a war if I have to, but if I can end it early, I definitely will. The sooner the better for me.”

No plans for a Garcia-Faber fight have been rumored yet, but that won’t stop Garcia from hitting the gym as soon as possible to begin the preparation.

“I don’t party or anything,” Garcia said. “I actually was going to go down there (Thursday) and do a little bit of drilling, but coach was telling me, â??You need the weekend off.’ I’ll be back ready to go on Monday.”

To hear the full interview, download Thursday’s edition of TAGG Radio, available for free in the TAGG Radio archives.

This story was produced by TAGG Radio specially for MMAjunkie.com. The show — which is hosted by fighter/broadcaster Frank Trigg, Gorgeous George and Goze — books some of the biggest names in MMA. Download all the former episodes at www.taggradio.com, or tune into TAGG Radio’s live shows Monday-Friday at noon ET/9 a.m. PT.

Bisping vs. Henderson II: Early Fight Predictions, Keys to Victory for UFC 204

Michael Bisping, Britain's most successful mixed martial artist and UFC fighter, will look to defend his middleweight belt against Dan Henderson on Saturday, Oct. 8 after snatching the title in drama read news >>

My First Fight: Urijah Faber | FIGHTLAND

Photo by Harry How/Zuffa LLC Everyone—or almost everyone—loves a good origin story. From the New Testament to the neverending deaths of Bruce Wayne’s parents and Peter Parker’s uncle, we’re fascinate read news >>

One to Watch: Urijah Faber vs. Jimmie Rivera | FIGHTLAND

Photo by Josh Hedges/Zuffa LLC UFC 203 has been hotly anticipated for some time now. September 10th will see the UFC enter the Cleveland, Ohio, market for the very first time and their hometown hero, read news >>

Fabricio Werdum, Urijah Faber, Other Fighters Stuck in Elevator Before UFC 203

Every bad guy in the hotel had to be counting their lucky stars they weren't on this elevator. It wouldn't have ended well for them. Not when Fabricio Werdum, Urijah Faber, CB Dollaway and a host of read news >>

Medeiros kicks off UFC 203 with submission win

Former lightweight standout Yancy Medeiros made a successful move to the 170-pound weight class in the UFC 203 opener at Quicken Loans Arena in Cleveland on Saturday night, submitting Sean Spencer in read news >>

Urijah Faber vs. Jimmie Rivera Results: Winner and Reaction from UFC 203

Win or lose, Urijah Faber was going to give fans something to be sad about at UFC 203. The California Kid is officially the California Middle-Aged Man at this point, and while fighters such as Dan He read news >>

UFC 203 Fight Highlights: Jimmie Rivera Decisions Urijah Faber | MMAWeekly.com

Second-ranked bantamweight contender Urijah Faber took on Jimmie Rivera on the UFC 203 main card in Cleveland, Ohio on Saturday. Check out the highlights of the fight. read news >>

Urijah Faber's Eye Poke Was 'A Little Bit Intentional,' Jimmie Rivera Says

In the later minutes of Urijah Faber's loss to Jimmie Rivera at UFC 203, the action was temporarily stopped after Faber poked Rivera in the eye. That eye poke was "a little bit" deliberate, at least read news >>

Urijah Faber's Eye Poke Was 'A Little Bit' Intentional, Jimmie Rivera Says

Urijah Faber, Travis Browne and 5 Pokiest Eye Pokes in Recent UFC History

If UFC 203 felt a little familiar to you, maybe that was on account of all the eye-poking. When Urijah Faber caught Jimmie Rivera, it wasn't his first eye-poke rodeo. It wasn't even his first eye-pok read news >>