Leonard Garcia at WEC 32By John Morgan/TAGG Radio Network

Less than 24 hours after Leonard Garcia’s (11-3) successful WEC debut, there is only one thought on his mind: getting back in the gym.

“Right now, I just called out one of the baddest dudes out there, so I got to get to work,” Garcia said.

After an impressive first-round TKO over Shooto and K-1 Hero’s veteran Hiroyuki Takaya (9-5-1), Garcia called out current WEC featherweight champion Urijah “The California Kid” Faber (20-1) in his post-fight interview.

Garcia was a guest on Thursday’s edition of TAGG Radio (www.taggradio.com), a content partner of MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com), and discussed the fight and his future plans.

“Urijah is a superstar, man,” Garcia said. “He just makes things up as he goes. I’m going to have to be ready for whatever he brings. So, it’s time to get back to work.”

Faber will likely next fight former UFC champion Jens Pulver, though a date for the bout hasn’t officially been announced. Regardless, with his own move to the WEC, Garcia said he feels confident after his drop from lightweight to featherweight, despite the win being his first fight at 145 lbs.

“It was a great cut for me,” Garcia said. “I was 149 (lbs.) when I woke up in the morning… It was real natural for me. I feel more athletic and a lot stronger at this weight. I think it was a great move for me.”

Garcia credits his excitement to return to the gym to his new affiliation with Jackson’s Submission Fighting in Albuquerque, N.M.

“Up until last year, I’ve never been to an MMA camp,” Garcia said. “This place has been a huge difference. I’m learning everything — submissions every day, guard passes. I’m still learning all these things. I’m still growing as a fighter.”

Garcia first caught many MMA fans’ eyes in two recent 15-minute wars in the UFC with lightweight contender Roger Huerta (20-1-1) and up-and-comer Cole Miller (13-3). But although those battles are memorable, Garcia said he prefers the type of quick finishes he displayed on Wednesday night.

“Any time you can end it early, that’s nice,” Garcia said. “Don’t get me wrong, I look back at the Roger Huerta fight, and I enjoy watching it. It’s one of those things that I enjoy being able to go to. But we’re fighters; we want to last long in this game. I don’t mind having a war if I have to, but if I can end it early, I definitely will. The sooner the better for me.”

No plans for a Garcia-Faber fight have been rumored yet, but that won’t stop Garcia from hitting the gym as soon as possible to begin the preparation.

“I don’t party or anything,” Garcia said. “I actually was going to go down there (Thursday) and do a little bit of drilling, but coach was telling me, â??You need the weekend off.’ I’ll be back ready to go on Monday.”

To hear the full interview, download Thursday’s edition of TAGG Radio, available for free in the TAGG Radio archives.

This story was produced by TAGG Radio specially for MMAjunkie.com. The show — which is hosted by fighter/broadcaster Frank Trigg, Gorgeous George and Goze — books some of the biggest names in MMA. Download all the former episodes at www.taggradio.com, or tune into TAGG Radio’s live shows Monday-Friday at noon ET/9 a.m. PT.

UFC 199 Video: Dominick Cruz vs. Urijah Faber – Bitter Rivals

Bantamweight Dominick Cruz and Urijah Faber have been bitter rivals for many years. On June 4 the two will fight for the title and settle their rivalry once and for all. read news >>

Urijah Faber Admits Dominick Cruz Irritates Him; Happy to Settle it in the Cage (Video)

Urijah Faber discussed his rivalry with Dominick Cruz, noting how, after 10 years, the rivalry has been rather irritating. read news >>

Decisionator? Dominick Cruz only cares whose hand gets raised

Dominick Cruz isn't concerned with Urijah Faber's digs that he is the "Decsionator". Cruz only cares whose hand gets raised at the end of the their title fight at UFC 199 on Saturday. read news >>

UFC 199 Free Fight: Urijah Faber Chokes Francisco Rivera into Submission

Perennial contender Urijah Faber won his second fight in-a-row when he beat Francisco Rivera at UFC 181. read news >>

Why Not to Count out Urijah Faber in His Last Attempt at UFC Glory

Urijah Faber (33-8) is a certifiable legend in the sport of mixed martial arts. “The California Kid” led the charge for the lighter weight classes and has achieved nearly everything there is to achie read news >>

Urijah Faber Big Supporter of the New Drug Testing and Weight Cutting Rules (UFC 199 Video)

Count Urijah Faber as one of the fighters that is a big supporter of recent changes that include surprise drug tests and stricter guidelines for weight cutting. read news >>

UFC 199: The Definitive Timeline of the Dominick Cruz-Urijah Faber Beef

"Check the record, bud." With this titanic and oft-played verbal blast, the hype surrounding Urijah Faber vs. Dominick Cruz III was reignited and running. Not that the machine has a ton of heavy lift read news >>

Urijah Faber on why he gets a lot of title shots: There is a story behind each fight (Yahoo Sports)

From Yahoo Sports: Four years after their last fight, bitter rivals Faber and Dominick Cruz finally get to settle the score in their trilogy fight. read news >>

Insults Fly at UFC 199 Presser: Faber Has T-Rex Arms, but Cruz is a Pervert? (Video)

Dominick Cruz and Urijah Faber took it to the next level with the trash talk at the UFC 199 press conference leading up to their rematch. read news >>