Dan Henderson wants a crack at Jon Jones. | Photo: Sherdog.com

After defeating Mauricio “Shogun” Rua in a thriller on Nov. 19 at UFC 139, Dan Henderson believes he deserves a shot at the UFC light heavyweight title.

Champion Jon Jones defends the belt Dec. 10 against Lyoto Machida. Henderson wants to fight the winner, and he thinks it will be Jones.

“I think obviously Jon Jones is probably the favorite in that one,” Henderson told the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Savage Dog Show.” “With his style and his wrestling ability, he should be able to control the fight well. Lyoto likes to stay on the outside, and I think that’s probably not the opponent to do it against.”

Still, Henderson does give Machida a chance in the fight.

“Lyoto’s real quick and he’s a little bit goofy,” Henderson said. “He’s got a nice straight left hand. He definitely could catch Jon Jones. I don’t think Jon Jones’ chin has really been tested much because he is hard to hit. Anything can happen in a fight, but I definitely see Jones picking him apart from the outside and probably taking him down and beating him up.”

Henderson likes his own chances against Jones much better. He’s complimentary of Jones’ talent, but he also questions his experience.

“I think I’m a tough fight for anybody,” Henderson said. “If you’re in a fight with me, you’re definitely going to know you’re in a fight. I don’t know if really Jon Jones has felt that too much in his career. I definitely would test that out. I think style-wise I match up real well with him.”

Of course, there’s no guarantee that Henderson will get the next shot. Rashad Evans is also in the mix. He was rumored to be fighting Jones on Dec. 10 before it was revealed that his hand was injured and Machida would get the shot instead.

“It’s unfortunate that Rashad got hurt, but you know, it’s happened twice now,” Henderson said. “He’s had people step in. … All I know is, if I have to, I’ll pull out the age card and just say I should have seniority here. I’m getting older. Rashad’s got a little more time than I do.”

Although Henderson might joke about his age, the 41-year-old is serious about winning a UFC belt before he retires. He figures he has two or three years left to fight and he wants to go out a champion.

“That’s pretty much one of the last things I’ve got on my list for my career,” Henderson said, “to get a UFC title and keep it for a little while.”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 58:10).

Ex-UFC champ Jon Jones still planning jump to heavyweight, awaits 'perfect opponent'

Former UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones has flip-flopped on the possibility of moving up to the heavyweight division over the years. Currently, however, he said it’s eventually going to happe read news >>

Jon Jones, Demetrious Johnson Agree: Ronda Rousey Should Return to the UFC

Much like when Ronda Rousey lost to Holly Holm at UFC 193 in 2015, there was a fair bit of schadenfreude on display following her UFC 207 defeat at the hands of Amanda Nunes. People ranging from anon read news >>

Ansaroff confident after Nunes said she'd be next champ

After defeating Ronda Rousey at UFC 207, Amanda Nunes got on the mic and said Nina Ansaroff would be the next strawweight champ. Ansaroff is confident in herself to make that climb and it starts this read news >>

Walt Harris: 'I'll Fight Anywhere, Anytime' (UFC Phoenix video) | MMAWeekly.com

Walt Harris talks about defeating Chase Sherman at UFC Fight Night 103 in Phoenix. read news >>

Ronda Rousey says she'll take time 'and think about the future,' Jon Jones encourages 'Rowdy' fight again

Former UFC women’s bantamweight champ Ronda Rousey isn’t ready to call it a career just yet, but she admits she needs a little time to figure out her next move.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Ronda Rousey Comments on Future in UFC

UFC fighter Ronda Rousey announced that she would take some time to contemplate her future in the sport after being knocked out by Amanda Nunes in 48 seconds at UFC 207. Rousey spoke about her pendin read news >>

UFC 207 Technical Recap: How Nunes and Garbrandt Came out on Top

UFC 207 is in the books, and we have a brand-new men's bantamweight champion to go along with what looks like a dominant women's bantamweight champion after Cody Garbrandt upset Dominick Cruz to take read news >>

Ronda Rousey says she'll take time 'and think about the future,' Jon Jones encourages 'Rowdy' to fight again

Amanda Nunes Advice to Ronda Rousey: 'Very Bad Mistake' (UFC 207 video) | MMAWeekly.com

After Amanda Nunes defended her UFC women's bantamweight title against Ronda Rousey at UFC 207, she had some words of advice for the former champion. read news >>

UFC 207: Nunes vs. Rousey - Fantasy Rewind

UFC 207 is in the books and it's time to recap how the night went for fantasy UFC pickers. Who had Amanda Nunes and Cody Garbrandt pulling the upsets? Find out here. read news >>