Dan Henderson wants a crack at Jon Jones. | Photo: Sherdog.com

After defeating Mauricio “Shogun” Rua in a thriller on Nov. 19 at UFC 139, Dan Henderson believes he deserves a shot at the UFC light heavyweight title.

Champion Jon Jones defends the belt Dec. 10 against Lyoto Machida. Henderson wants to fight the winner, and he thinks it will be Jones.

“I think obviously Jon Jones is probably the favorite in that one,” Henderson told the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Savage Dog Show.” “With his style and his wrestling ability, he should be able to control the fight well. Lyoto likes to stay on the outside, and I think that’s probably not the opponent to do it against.”

Still, Henderson does give Machida a chance in the fight.

“Lyoto’s real quick and he’s a little bit goofy,” Henderson said. “He’s got a nice straight left hand. He definitely could catch Jon Jones. I don’t think Jon Jones’ chin has really been tested much because he is hard to hit. Anything can happen in a fight, but I definitely see Jones picking him apart from the outside and probably taking him down and beating him up.”

Henderson likes his own chances against Jones much better. He’s complimentary of Jones’ talent, but he also questions his experience.

“I think I’m a tough fight for anybody,” Henderson said. “If you’re in a fight with me, you’re definitely going to know you’re in a fight. I don’t know if really Jon Jones has felt that too much in his career. I definitely would test that out. I think style-wise I match up real well with him.”

Of course, there’s no guarantee that Henderson will get the next shot. Rashad Evans is also in the mix. He was rumored to be fighting Jones on Dec. 10 before it was revealed that his hand was injured and Machida would get the shot instead.

“It’s unfortunate that Rashad got hurt, but you know, it’s happened twice now,” Henderson said. “He’s had people step in. … All I know is, if I have to, I’ll pull out the age card and just say I should have seniority here. I’m getting older. Rashad’s got a little more time than I do.”

Although Henderson might joke about his age, the 41-year-old is serious about winning a UFC belt before he retires. He figures he has two or three years left to fight and he wants to go out a champion.

“That’s pretty much one of the last things I’ve got on my list for my career,” Henderson said, “to get a UFC title and keep it for a little while.”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 58:10).

New UFC champion Daniel Cormier sends a message to Jon Jones: 'Get your sh*t together!'

Video: After defeating Anthony Johnson in the main event of the UFC 187 pay-per-view (PPV) last night (May 23, 2015) to become the new UFC champion, Daniel Cormier called out Jon Jones, telling him t read news >>

Jon Jones Taken into Police Custody: Latest Details, Comments and Reaction

UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones has been taken into police custody after allegedly being involved in a hit-and-run. Ariel Helwani of MMAFighting.com reported the news: Jones has been charged read news >>

UFC Champ Jon Jones in Police Custody Following Hit-And-Run Accident

UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones turned himself in to Albuquerque Police on Monday evening to face charges of allegedly being involved in a felony hit and run on Sunday. read news >>

UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones now in Albuquerque police custody

One day after being involved in a hit-and-run crash in New Mexico, UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones is now in custody. Hours after the Albuquerque Police Department confirmed that a felony ar read news >>

Following Sunday hit-and-run, UFC champion Jon Jones in police custody

Following a turbulent day of news surrounding Jon Jones being wanted for questioning – and subsequently named a suspect – in a hit-and-run involving a pregnant woman, the UFC light heavyweight champi read news >>

Jon Jones turns himself into Albuquerque police custody on felony charge

Jon Jones is in police custody. The UFC light heavyweight champion turned himself in to the Albuquerque Police Department on Monday night, APD spokesman Tanner Tixier confirmed with MMAFighting.com's read news >>

Report: Jon Jones in custody of Albuquerque police after felony hit-and-run car crash

Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) light heavyweight kingpin Jon Jones is finally in custody of authorities in Albuquerque, N.M., according to Ariel Helwani, who also confirmed the news with compan read news >>

Kenny Florian Video: ‘I Would Be for Stripping Jon Jones of the Title’

If allegations are true, former UFC fighter and current FOX Sports analyst Kenny Florian believes Jon Jones should be stripped of his belt. read news >>

NAC Monitoring Hit-and-Run Incident, Says Jon Jones Passed Multiple Drug Tests

The Nevada State Athletic Commission is closely monitoring the ongoing hit-and-run investigation involving UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones. It was announced on Monday afternoon by the Albuqu read news >>