Frankie Edgar didn’t get the result he wanted Saturday at UFC 150, dropping a controversial split decision to lightweight champion Benson Henderson.

The loss added fuel to the ongoing debate over whether Edgar should drop a weight class, and coming off the defeat the former champion is definitely considering his options.

“I’m going to give myself a week to kind of just let all the emotions go away, just relax and enjoy my family and then sit down probably Sunday with my team and everyone else and just start bouncing some ideas around,” Edgar told the Sherdog Radio Network’s “It’s Time” show with Bruce Buffer. “Forty-five is a possibility. Fifty-five, I’ve been so successful and I would love to get a shot at the 155-pound belt again. Who knows? The 145-pound belt is definitely a prestigious belt to go after, especially with Jose Aldo at the helm of it all, but I’ve just got to really sit down and just discuss it with my team and my family and just make the right decision for myself.”

Edgar is not a big lightweight, but he’s beaten B.J. Penn twice in the division, knocked out Gray Maynard to conclude their trilogy and may have deserved the nod over Henderson on Saturday.

“I did think I won,” Edgar said. “I thought I did enough. Sometimes enough is not enough. You’ve just got to do a little more, and apparently I guess that’s what the judges were seeing. I’m not really dwelling on it. There’s nothing I can do about it. I could be upset and complain about it and this and that, but I’ve got to move on and get back in the win column.”

A move to 145 pounds would not be difficult, Edgar said.

“I don’t think I’d have to tweak much,” he explained. “I probably would clean my diet maybe some. I like to eat fairly clean and I’m not a huge eater, so I wouldn’t have to change too, too much, but I’ll be honest: I think a lot of 145-pounders are probably bigger than me down at that weight class anyway. They probably walk around heavier than I do. I don’t think making the weight would be too much of a problem.”

Certainly he could encounter some new competition at 145 pounds. At 155, he’s had a knack for fighting rematches. He fought Penn twice, Henderson twice and Maynard three times. Henderson is the only one he didn’t beat.

“It’s true,” Edgar said. “It’s bittersweet, though, because I would really like to have a win over [Henderson]. I’ve been hearing a lot of people telling me, ‘You won the fight. You didn’t win the fight,’ whatever. But down the line, no one’s going to remember it was controversial. No one’s going to remember anything. They’re just going to see a loss and have Ben Henderson’s name there. That’s a little bittersweet. You would love another chance at it, but down the line, you never know what could happen.”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 17:43).

Dan Hardy eyeing superfights, not a title run, in potential UFC return

UFC veteran Dan Hardy hasn’t fought since September 2012 – a result of a heart condition. He hasn’t taken his eye off a comeback, however, and wants to be in big one-off fights to close out his caree read news >>

UFC Fight Night 86 weigh-in results: Rothwell's got 23 pounds on Dos Santos

ZAGREB, Croatia – MMAjunkie was on scene and reporting live from today’s UFC Fight Night 86 fighter weigh-ins, where all 26 fighters successfully made weight.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

UFC Fight Night 86 results: Lucas Martins takes split decision from Robert Whiteford

ZAGREB, Croatia – Lucas Martins didn’t exactly overwhelm Robert Whiteford over the course of three very careful rounds, but he did outpoint him by the slimmest of margins in the end. Filed under: New read news >>

UFC Fight Night 86: Damian Stasiak vs. Filip Pejic video highlights

Damian Stasiak didn’t give octagon newcomer Filip Pejic any space on the ground and it led to a quick first-round submission victory.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Jessica Andrade Drops to Strawweight to Fight Jessica Penne at UFC 199

Jessica Andrade drops to 115 pounds to face Jessica Penne at UFC 199 on June 4 in Los Angeles. read news >>

UFC on FOX 19 Results: The Eagle Returns, as Khabib Nurmagomedov Pounds His Way to Victory

Khabib Nurmagomedov looked like he never skipped a beat with a vicious TKO stoppage over Darrell Horcher at Saturday's UFC on FOX 19. read news >>

Cub Swanson almost didn’t fight at UFC on FOX 19, not sure of continued career with loss

TAMPA, Fla. – UFC featherweight Cub Swanson contemplated dropping out of Saturday’s UFC on FOX 19 when illness reared its head prior to his weight cut.Filed under: Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

UFC FIGHT PASS Spotlight – UFC 197

With a crossroads fight at 155 pounds, a potential slugfest in the middleweight division, and a heavyweight bout that could produce a rising star among the big men, the UFC FIGHT PASS portion of Satu read news >>

Dana White: ‘I Didn’t Want Nate Diaz to Get Screwed Up in This Whole Deal’

When Conor McGregor was pulled from the UFC 200 fight card, Nate Diaz was left without an opponent. Dana White hopes to rectify that. read news >>

Bellator 153 highlights: Benson Henderson falters, and Michael Page taunts after toehold

Benson Henderson’s heavily promoted Bellator debut didn’t go as planned – not for him, anyway. Check out the video highlights of that headliner and other Bellator 153 bouts.Filed under: Bellator, Fea read news >>