Frankie Edgar didn’t get the result he wanted Saturday at UFC 150, dropping a controversial split decision to lightweight champion Benson Henderson.

The loss added fuel to the ongoing debate over whether Edgar should drop a weight class, and coming off the defeat the former champion is definitely considering his options.

“I’m going to give myself a week to kind of just let all the emotions go away, just relax and enjoy my family and then sit down probably Sunday with my team and everyone else and just start bouncing some ideas around,” Edgar told the Sherdog Radio Network’s “It’s Time” show with Bruce Buffer. “Forty-five is a possibility. Fifty-five, I’ve been so successful and I would love to get a shot at the 155-pound belt again. Who knows? The 145-pound belt is definitely a prestigious belt to go after, especially with Jose Aldo at the helm of it all, but I’ve just got to really sit down and just discuss it with my team and my family and just make the right decision for myself.”

Edgar is not a big lightweight, but he’s beaten B.J. Penn twice in the division, knocked out Gray Maynard to conclude their trilogy and may have deserved the nod over Henderson on Saturday.

“I did think I won,” Edgar said. “I thought I did enough. Sometimes enough is not enough. You’ve just got to do a little more, and apparently I guess that’s what the judges were seeing. I’m not really dwelling on it. There’s nothing I can do about it. I could be upset and complain about it and this and that, but I’ve got to move on and get back in the win column.”

A move to 145 pounds would not be difficult, Edgar said.

“I don’t think I’d have to tweak much,” he explained. “I probably would clean my diet maybe some. I like to eat fairly clean and I’m not a huge eater, so I wouldn’t have to change too, too much, but I’ll be honest: I think a lot of 145-pounders are probably bigger than me down at that weight class anyway. They probably walk around heavier than I do. I don’t think making the weight would be too much of a problem.”

Certainly he could encounter some new competition at 145 pounds. At 155, he’s had a knack for fighting rematches. He fought Penn twice, Henderson twice and Maynard three times. Henderson is the only one he didn’t beat.

“It’s true,” Edgar said. “It’s bittersweet, though, because I would really like to have a win over [Henderson]. I’ve been hearing a lot of people telling me, ‘You won the fight. You didn’t win the fight,’ whatever. But down the line, no one’s going to remember it was controversial. No one’s going to remember anything. They’re just going to see a loss and have Ben Henderson’s name there. That’s a little bittersweet. You would love another chance at it, but down the line, you never know what could happen.”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 17:43).

Frankie Edgar vs. Jeremy Stephens, Several Other Bouts Revealed for UFC 205 |

UFC president Dana White confirmed on Wednesday a host of bouts for the promotion's UFC 205 fight card in New York. read news >>

Cris Cyborg, at 157 Pounds, Continues Struggle to Make Weight (Video) |

In the second episode of her video blog, Cris Cyborg is shown on the scale at 157 pounds, as she continues her struggle to get down to the 141-pound limit. read news >>

After impressive result in UFC debut, Luan Chagas intent on becoming welterweight champ

UFC welterweight champion Tyron Woodley might now know the name Luan Chagas just yet, but if “Tarzan” has his way, that will all change soon enough.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

For Invicta FC 19's Kaline Medeiros, age is just a number – and a number she belies

Kaline Medeiros didn’t exactly have a killer start to her career, opening 1-3 and 3-4. Filed under: News read news >>

Invicta FC 19 results: Maia edges Modefferi for vacant belt, Hamasaki gets controversial win vs. Frey

Roxanne Modafferi fell just short in her opportunity to capture a world championship on her 34th birthday when she lost a split decision to Jennifer Maia.Filed under: News read news >>

Renan Barao Hungry Again Heading into UFC Brasilia |

Longtime bantamweight king Renan Barao moved up to 145 pounds because the weight cut was affecting his performance at bantamweight. read news >>

Trading Shots: Why the sudden sympathy for 'Cyborg' Justino's tough weight cut?

Why did 'Cyborg' Justino's struggle to get to 140 pounds for her UFC Fight Night 95 bout generate so much more sympathy than most fighters get when they struggle to meet the contracted weight? Downes read news >>

Lina Lansberg coach Corassani: 'Cyborg' was 170 pounds in cage at UFC Fight Night 95

Cristiane Justino makes news for the way she fights. In 17 career MMA wins, she has 15 stoppages. But more often than not lately, she’s in the news as much or more for what she weighs than how she ho read news >>

Cris Cyborg Nutritionist: Controversial Birth Control Method Was Cleared by Doc

Birth control is indeed a not-so-secret weapon in Cristiane "Cyborg" Justino's weight-cutting arsenal. But it's not the only one, and the controversial method was cleared by a medical doctor first. T read news >>