Frankie Edgar didn’t get the result he wanted Saturday at UFC 150, dropping a controversial split decision to lightweight champion Benson Henderson.

The loss added fuel to the ongoing debate over whether Edgar should drop a weight class, and coming off the defeat the former champion is definitely considering his options.

“I’m going to give myself a week to kind of just let all the emotions go away, just relax and enjoy my family and then sit down probably Sunday with my team and everyone else and just start bouncing some ideas around,” Edgar told the Sherdog Radio Network’s “It’s Time” show with Bruce Buffer. “Forty-five is a possibility. Fifty-five, I’ve been so successful and I would love to get a shot at the 155-pound belt again. Who knows? The 145-pound belt is definitely a prestigious belt to go after, especially with Jose Aldo at the helm of it all, but I’ve just got to really sit down and just discuss it with my team and my family and just make the right decision for myself.”

Edgar is not a big lightweight, but he’s beaten B.J. Penn twice in the division, knocked out Gray Maynard to conclude their trilogy and may have deserved the nod over Henderson on Saturday.

“I did think I won,” Edgar said. “I thought I did enough. Sometimes enough is not enough. You’ve just got to do a little more, and apparently I guess that’s what the judges were seeing. I’m not really dwelling on it. There’s nothing I can do about it. I could be upset and complain about it and this and that, but I’ve got to move on and get back in the win column.”

A move to 145 pounds would not be difficult, Edgar said.

“I don’t think I’d have to tweak much,” he explained. “I probably would clean my diet maybe some. I like to eat fairly clean and I’m not a huge eater, so I wouldn’t have to change too, too much, but I’ll be honest: I think a lot of 145-pounders are probably bigger than me down at that weight class anyway. They probably walk around heavier than I do. I don’t think making the weight would be too much of a problem.”

Certainly he could encounter some new competition at 145 pounds. At 155, he’s had a knack for fighting rematches. He fought Penn twice, Henderson twice and Maynard three times. Henderson is the only one he didn’t beat.

“It’s true,” Edgar said. “It’s bittersweet, though, because I would really like to have a win over [Henderson]. I’ve been hearing a lot of people telling me, ‘You won the fight. You didn’t win the fight,’ whatever. But down the line, no one’s going to remember it was controversial. No one’s going to remember anything. They’re just going to see a loss and have Ben Henderson’s name there. That’s a little bittersweet. You would love another chance at it, but down the line, you never know what could happen.”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 17:43).

UFC 187 results: Chris Weidman pounds out Vitor Belfort in less than 3 minutes

Get the result of the UFC middleweight championship fight between reigning champion Chris Weidman and former UFC LHW champion Vitor Belfort. The UFC middleweight championship was on the line in the c read news >>

Frankie Edgar: 24/7

In a little over eight years in the UFC, Frankie Edgar has done a lot to guarantee that the world will be talking about and celebrating him long after he hangs up the gloves. He’s won a world title, read news >>

UFC Fight Night 66 fight card: Frankie Edgar vs Urijah Faber full fight preview

Frankie Edgar and Urijah Faber will collide tomorrow morning (Sat., May 16, 2015) at UFC Fight Night 66 inside Mall of Asia Arena in Manila, Philippines. In a match up of former champions, what adjus read news >>

Jorge Masvidal moves up to welterweight, meets Cezar Ferreira at TUF 21 Finale

Jorge Masvidal has a new bout scheduled. Following a controversial split decision loss to Al Iaquinta, Masvidal will move up to the welterweight division and meet Cezar Ferreira, who drops from 185 f read news >>

Monday Morning Hangover: What's next for Urijah Faber after UFC Manila loss to Frankie Edgar?

The future isn't all bleak for one of the most popular MMA fighters in the game today. Another weekend of fisticuffs has come and gone, as UFC Fight Night 66 blew the roof off the Mall of Asia Arena read news >>

Who Ya Got?!? Fighters predict Frankie Edgar vs. Urijah Faber at UFC Fight Night 66

PASAY, Philippines – Who will walk away with the win in Saturday’s UFC Fight Night 66 main event between Frankie Edgar and Uriah Faber? Don’t expect fellow fighters to come to a consensus.Filed under read news >>

Frankie Edgar vs. Cub Swanson full fight video

Watch Frankie Edgar vs. Cub Swanson full fight video below to see Edgar's memorable win over Swanson at UFC Fight Night 57 this past November. Edgar returns to the Octagon against Urijah Faber this S read news >>

Frankie Edgar vs. Urijah Faber: A Full Head-to-Toe Breakdown

After a long wait, the UFC finally comes to the Philippines, and it brings one of the best main events of the year for UFC Fight Night 66. No. 2-ranked featherweight contender Frankie Edgar takes on read news >>

Video: Check out the intense Chris Weidman-Vitor Belfort UFC 187 face-off

LAS VEGAS – It didn’t quite get out of control, but there was definitely plenty of tension in the air for today’s co-main event face-off for UFC 187. Filed under: Featured, Featured Videos, News, UFC read news >>

Shinya Aoki Would Drop to Featherweight for Bibiano Fernandes Superfight

ONE Championship lightweight champ Shinya Aoki says he's ready to drop to 145 pounds for a superfight with bantamweight champion Bibiano Fernandes. read news >>