Frankie Edgar didn’t get the result he wanted Saturday at UFC 150, dropping a controversial split decision to lightweight champion Benson Henderson.

The loss added fuel to the ongoing debate over whether Edgar should drop a weight class, and coming off the defeat the former champion is definitely considering his options.

“I’m going to give myself a week to kind of just let all the emotions go away, just relax and enjoy my family and then sit down probably Sunday with my team and everyone else and just start bouncing some ideas around,” Edgar told the Sherdog Radio Network’s “It’s Time” show with Bruce Buffer. “Forty-five is a possibility. Fifty-five, I’ve been so successful and I would love to get a shot at the 155-pound belt again. Who knows? The 145-pound belt is definitely a prestigious belt to go after, especially with Jose Aldo at the helm of it all, but I’ve just got to really sit down and just discuss it with my team and my family and just make the right decision for myself.”

Edgar is not a big lightweight, but he’s beaten B.J. Penn twice in the division, knocked out Gray Maynard to conclude their trilogy and may have deserved the nod over Henderson on Saturday.

“I did think I won,” Edgar said. “I thought I did enough. Sometimes enough is not enough. You’ve just got to do a little more, and apparently I guess that’s what the judges were seeing. I’m not really dwelling on it. There’s nothing I can do about it. I could be upset and complain about it and this and that, but I’ve got to move on and get back in the win column.”

A move to 145 pounds would not be difficult, Edgar said.

“I don’t think I’d have to tweak much,” he explained. “I probably would clean my diet maybe some. I like to eat fairly clean and I’m not a huge eater, so I wouldn’t have to change too, too much, but I’ll be honest: I think a lot of 145-pounders are probably bigger than me down at that weight class anyway. They probably walk around heavier than I do. I don’t think making the weight would be too much of a problem.”

Certainly he could encounter some new competition at 145 pounds. At 155, he’s had a knack for fighting rematches. He fought Penn twice, Henderson twice and Maynard three times. Henderson is the only one he didn’t beat.

“It’s true,” Edgar said. “It’s bittersweet, though, because I would really like to have a win over [Henderson]. I’ve been hearing a lot of people telling me, ‘You won the fight. You didn’t win the fight,’ whatever. But down the line, no one’s going to remember it was controversial. No one’s going to remember anything. They’re just going to see a loss and have Ben Henderson’s name there. That’s a little bittersweet. You would love another chance at it, but down the line, you never know what could happen.”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 17:43).

Dana White: Rory MacDonald ‘didn’t know what year it was’ after UFC 189 loss to Robbie Lawler

LAS VEGAS -- Many are already calling Robbie Lawler's sublime rematch against Rory MacDonald on Saturday night one of the greatest fights in the history of the welterweight division, and UFC Presiden read news >>

UFC 189: Mendes vs. McGregor result - McGregor stops Mendes late in 2nd round in a war

Check out the result of the UFC 189 main event between Chad Mendes and Conor McGregor for the interim featherweight title. UFC 189: Mendes vs. McGregor was supposed to be "Aldo vs. McGregor", but it read news >>

UFC 189 results: Robbie Lawler finishes Rory MacDonald in 5th round in instant classic

Check out the result of the UFC 189: Mendes vs. McGregor co-main event, a welterweight title fight between champion Robbie Lawler and challenger Rory MacDonald. The first of two title fights at UFC 1 read news >>

UFC 189 results: Jeremy Stephens stops Dennis Bermudez with flying knee and punches

Check out the result of the UFC 189: Mendes vs. McGregor PPV main card catchweight bout between featherweights Dennis Bermudez and Jeremy Stephens. Despite Jeremy Stephens missing weight by 3.5 lbs, read news >>

UFC 189 results: Gunnar Nelson drops, chokes out Brandon Thatch in 1st round

Check out the result of the UFC 189: Mendes vs. McGregor welterweight main card bout between Brandon Thatch and Gunnar Nelson. A striker vs. grappler contest between Brandon Thatch and Gunnar Nelson read news >>

UFC 189 results: Thomas Almeida KOs Brad Pickett with flying knee in stand-up war

Check out the result of the UFC 189: Mendes vs. McGregor opening PPV main card bout between bantamweight prospect Thomas Almeida and English fan-favorite Brad Pickett. Undefeated Brazilian bantamweig read news >>

Cyborg wants Ronda fight at 145: 'If she wants this fight to happen, she should make 145'

Cristiane Cyborg has changed her mind about dropping to bantamweight to face Ronda Rousey and once again would like Rousey to move up in order to make the super fight happen. Cristiane Cyborg needed read news >>

Invicta FC 13 result recap: Cyborg destroys Van Duin in 45 seconds

Bloody Elbow recaps the main event from Invicta 13 last night in Las Vegas,Nevada. Here, we look at the featherweight champ Cris "Cyborg" Justino vs. Faith Van Duin. Last night, the UFC's Internation read news >>

Angela Magana describes thought process behind controversial Twitter persona

LAS VEGAS -- Angela Magana talks about her controversial Twitter persona, fighting Michelle Waterson at the TUF 21 Finale, why she feels like she's the best in the world and much more. read news >>

Dana White says Conor McGregor vs. Frankie Edgar 'made absolutely no sense'

UFC president Dana White explains why Chad Mendes was chosen over Frankie Edgar to fight Conor McGregor at UFC 189. When news broke of Jose Aldo's suspected rib fracture two weeks ago, MMA fans and f read news >>