Frankie Edgar didn’t get the result he wanted Saturday at UFC 150, dropping a controversial split decision to lightweight champion Benson Henderson.

The loss added fuel to the ongoing debate over whether Edgar should drop a weight class, and coming off the defeat the former champion is definitely considering his options.

“I’m going to give myself a week to kind of just let all the emotions go away, just relax and enjoy my family and then sit down probably Sunday with my team and everyone else and just start bouncing some ideas around,” Edgar told the Sherdog Radio Network’s “It’s Time” show with Bruce Buffer. “Forty-five is a possibility. Fifty-five, I’ve been so successful and I would love to get a shot at the 155-pound belt again. Who knows? The 145-pound belt is definitely a prestigious belt to go after, especially with Jose Aldo at the helm of it all, but I’ve just got to really sit down and just discuss it with my team and my family and just make the right decision for myself.”

Edgar is not a big lightweight, but he’s beaten B.J. Penn twice in the division, knocked out Gray Maynard to conclude their trilogy and may have deserved the nod over Henderson on Saturday.

“I did think I won,” Edgar said. “I thought I did enough. Sometimes enough is not enough. You’ve just got to do a little more, and apparently I guess that’s what the judges were seeing. I’m not really dwelling on it. There’s nothing I can do about it. I could be upset and complain about it and this and that, but I’ve got to move on and get back in the win column.”

A move to 145 pounds would not be difficult, Edgar said.

“I don’t think I’d have to tweak much,” he explained. “I probably would clean my diet maybe some. I like to eat fairly clean and I’m not a huge eater, so I wouldn’t have to change too, too much, but I’ll be honest: I think a lot of 145-pounders are probably bigger than me down at that weight class anyway. They probably walk around heavier than I do. I don’t think making the weight would be too much of a problem.”

Certainly he could encounter some new competition at 145 pounds. At 155, he’s had a knack for fighting rematches. He fought Penn twice, Henderson twice and Maynard three times. Henderson is the only one he didn’t beat.

“It’s true,” Edgar said. “It’s bittersweet, though, because I would really like to have a win over [Henderson]. I’ve been hearing a lot of people telling me, ‘You won the fight. You didn’t win the fight,’ whatever. But down the line, no one’s going to remember it was controversial. No one’s going to remember anything. They’re just going to see a loss and have Ben Henderson’s name there. That’s a little bittersweet. You would love another chance at it, but down the line, you never know what could happen.”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 17:43).

UFC on FOX 22 medical suspensions: Paige VanZant out 45 days

Although she didn’t take much damage from punches, the California State Athletic Commission has suspended UFC on FOX 22 headliner Paige VanZant 45 days for getting put to sleep by Michelle Waterson.F read news >>

Mike Goldberg out as UFC Play-by-Play Man, Jim Rome a Candidate to Replace Him

Mike Goldberg, the UFC's longtime play-by-play announcer and a controversial figure in MMA circles, will leave the UFC after Friday's UFC 207 broadcast. The sudden news circulated on social media Wed read news >>

Neil Magny's Controversial Decision Over Johnny Hendricks (UFC 207 Highlights) | MMAWeekly.com

Neil Magny and former welterweight champion Johny Hendricks fought to a split decision at UFC 207 on Friday. Check out the fight highlights. read news >>

UFC 207 results: Controversial illegal – or legal? – knee sends Tim Means-Alex Oliveira to no-contest

LAS VEGAS – A promising bout between Tim Means and Alex Oliveira turned into a debate over knees to a downed opponent. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC Fight Night 103's Yair Rodriguez didn’t ask to fight B.J. Penn, but will treat him like anyone else

MESA, Ariz. – For a brief moment this past year, Yair Rodriguez crossed paths with B.J. Penn.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

UFC Fight Night 103 results: Cyril Asker pounds out Dmitrii Smoliakov midway through first

PHOENIX – Cyril Asker only needed a matter of minutes to take Dmitri Smoliakov down, move to full mount, and rain down a steady stream of strikes that forced referee Al Guinee to call a halt to the a read news >>

UFC Fight Night 103 results: Drakkar Klose cruises past Devin Powell for decision sweep

PHOENIX – Drakkar Klose didn’t give fellow UFC newcomer Devin Powell much of a chance to do anything with his debut, relentlessly punching, kneeing and foot-stomping the “Dana White: Lookin’ for a Fi read news >>

Was Ben Saunders' Win Over Court McGee Controversial? Here's The Scorecard | MMAWeekly.com

Welterweights Ben Saunders and Court McGee fought to a decision on the UFC Fight Night 103 main card and some felt like the decision was controversial. read news >>

UFC 207: Amanda Nunes vs. Ronda Rousey video highlights

Amanda Nunes didn’t get the headlines in the lead up to UFC 207, but she made quite the statement in the cage, stopping Ronda Rousey with punches in just 48 seconds.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Ben Saunders Scores Controversial Win Over Court McGee (UFC Phoenix Fight Highlights) | MMAWeekly.com

Check out Ben Saunders' controversial victory over Court McGee at UFC Fight Night 103: Rodriguez vs. Penn in Phoenix. read news >>