Frankie Edgar didn’t get the result he wanted Saturday at UFC 150, dropping a controversial split decision to lightweight champion Benson Henderson.

The loss added fuel to the ongoing debate over whether Edgar should drop a weight class, and coming off the defeat the former champion is definitely considering his options.

“I’m going to give myself a week to kind of just let all the emotions go away, just relax and enjoy my family and then sit down probably Sunday with my team and everyone else and just start bouncing some ideas around,” Edgar told the Sherdog Radio Network’s “It’s Time” show with Bruce Buffer. “Forty-five is a possibility. Fifty-five, I’ve been so successful and I would love to get a shot at the 155-pound belt again. Who knows? The 145-pound belt is definitely a prestigious belt to go after, especially with Jose Aldo at the helm of it all, but I’ve just got to really sit down and just discuss it with my team and my family and just make the right decision for myself.”

Edgar is not a big lightweight, but he’s beaten B.J. Penn twice in the division, knocked out Gray Maynard to conclude their trilogy and may have deserved the nod over Henderson on Saturday.

“I did think I won,” Edgar said. “I thought I did enough. Sometimes enough is not enough. You’ve just got to do a little more, and apparently I guess that’s what the judges were seeing. I’m not really dwelling on it. There’s nothing I can do about it. I could be upset and complain about it and this and that, but I’ve got to move on and get back in the win column.”

A move to 145 pounds would not be difficult, Edgar said.

“I don’t think I’d have to tweak much,” he explained. “I probably would clean my diet maybe some. I like to eat fairly clean and I’m not a huge eater, so I wouldn’t have to change too, too much, but I’ll be honest: I think a lot of 145-pounders are probably bigger than me down at that weight class anyway. They probably walk around heavier than I do. I don’t think making the weight would be too much of a problem.”

Certainly he could encounter some new competition at 145 pounds. At 155, he’s had a knack for fighting rematches. He fought Penn twice, Henderson twice and Maynard three times. Henderson is the only one he didn’t beat.

“It’s true,” Edgar said. “It’s bittersweet, though, because I would really like to have a win over [Henderson]. I’ve been hearing a lot of people telling me, ‘You won the fight. You didn’t win the fight,’ whatever. But down the line, no one’s going to remember it was controversial. No one’s going to remember anything. They’re just going to see a loss and have Ben Henderson’s name there. That’s a little bittersweet. You would love another chance at it, but down the line, you never know what could happen.”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 17:43).

UFC Nashville main event result recap: Dariush wins controversial decision

Bloody Elbow recaps the big fights from UFC Nashville. Here, we look at the co-main event between Beneil Dariush and Michael Johnson On Saturday night, Michael Johnson and Beneil Dariush stood toe-to read news >>

UFC 190 main event result recap: Rousey knocks Correia out in 34 seconds

Bloody Elbow recaps the big fights from UFC 190 from Brazil. Here, we look at the main event between Ronda Rousey and Bethe Correia . On Saturday night, Ronda Rousey put on perhaps her most impressiv read news >>

Shields: I want to kick Palhares in the balls after WSOF bout

Jake Shields spoke to Submission Radio about his controversial WSOF loss to Rousimar Palhares. read news >>

Abdel-Aziz: Palhares may be stripped of WSOF title following controversial Shields win

Rousimar Palhares' status as World Series of Fighting welterweight champion may be in jeopardy pending a review of his actions in his fight with Jake Shields on Saturday night. Rousimar Palhares beca read news >>

WSOF 22: Clifford Starks vs. Mike Kyle video highlights

LAS VEGAS – Late replacement Clifford Starks didn’t miss a beat and overcame an early deficit to post a hard-fought decision victory over Mike Kyle on Saturday’s WSOF 22 main card.Filed under: News, read news >>

WSOF 22: Rousimar Palhares Scores Controversial Submission Win over Jake Shields

Another World Series of Fighting event, another controversial win for their welterweight champion, Rousimar Palhares. Toquinho added yet another gorgeous submission to his highlight reel but further read news >>

Video: Rousimar Palhares pulls off another controversial submission in win

Rousimar Palhares held on for too long .. again. The WSOF welterweight champion trapped Jake Shields in a kimura, and despite Shields tapping multiple times, Palhares wouldn't let go of the hold. Aft read news >>

UFC 190 main event result: Ronda Rousey KOs Bethe Correia in 34 seconds

Check out the result of the UFC 190 main event between Ronda Rousey and Bethe Correia in front of a raucous crowd in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. After an exhausting main card at UFC 190, all eyes were on read news >>

UFC 190 results: Shogun survives early scare, beats Minotoro Nogueira again

Check out the result of the UFC 190 co-main event between Mauricio Rua and Antonio Rogerio Nogueira in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Ten years removed from their PRIDE classic in 2005, UFC light heavyweigh read news >>

UFC 190 results: Relentless Vitor Miranda pounds out Clint Hester in second

RIO DE JANEIRO – Vitor Miranda managed to turn Clint Hester’s takedown-heavy attack against him, thanks to a well-timed knee in the second round. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>