Frankie Edgar didn’t get the result he wanted Saturday at UFC 150, dropping a controversial split decision to lightweight champion Benson Henderson.

The loss added fuel to the ongoing debate over whether Edgar should drop a weight class, and coming off the defeat the former champion is definitely considering his options.

“I’m going to give myself a week to kind of just let all the emotions go away, just relax and enjoy my family and then sit down probably Sunday with my team and everyone else and just start bouncing some ideas around,” Edgar told the Sherdog Radio Network’s “It’s Time” show with Bruce Buffer. “Forty-five is a possibility. Fifty-five, I’ve been so successful and I would love to get a shot at the 155-pound belt again. Who knows? The 145-pound belt is definitely a prestigious belt to go after, especially with Jose Aldo at the helm of it all, but I’ve just got to really sit down and just discuss it with my team and my family and just make the right decision for myself.”

Edgar is not a big lightweight, but he’s beaten B.J. Penn twice in the division, knocked out Gray Maynard to conclude their trilogy and may have deserved the nod over Henderson on Saturday.

“I did think I won,” Edgar said. “I thought I did enough. Sometimes enough is not enough. You’ve just got to do a little more, and apparently I guess that’s what the judges were seeing. I’m not really dwelling on it. There’s nothing I can do about it. I could be upset and complain about it and this and that, but I’ve got to move on and get back in the win column.”

A move to 145 pounds would not be difficult, Edgar said.

“I don’t think I’d have to tweak much,” he explained. “I probably would clean my diet maybe some. I like to eat fairly clean and I’m not a huge eater, so I wouldn’t have to change too, too much, but I’ll be honest: I think a lot of 145-pounders are probably bigger than me down at that weight class anyway. They probably walk around heavier than I do. I don’t think making the weight would be too much of a problem.”

Certainly he could encounter some new competition at 145 pounds. At 155, he’s had a knack for fighting rematches. He fought Penn twice, Henderson twice and Maynard three times. Henderson is the only one he didn’t beat.

“It’s true,” Edgar said. “It’s bittersweet, though, because I would really like to have a win over [Henderson]. I’ve been hearing a lot of people telling me, ‘You won the fight. You didn’t win the fight,’ whatever. But down the line, no one’s going to remember it was controversial. No one’s going to remember anything. They’re just going to see a loss and have Ben Henderson’s name there. That’s a little bittersweet. You would love another chance at it, but down the line, you never know what could happen.”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 17:43).

USADA Determines Li Jingliang’s Positive Test Result Came from Contaminated Meat

On Aug. 23, welterweight Li Jingliang was notified by USADA of a potential policy violation stemming from his July 8 fight against Anton Zafir. read news >>

##(Live^~^watch##)%%Villanova vs Pittsburgh l~ive st.rea~m on-li~n.e

##(Live^~^watch##)%%Villanova vs Pittsburgh l~ive st.rea~m on-li~n.e Click Here ... Watch Here Free>>>> http://bit.do/NcaaLive Click Here ... Watch Here Free>>>> http://bit.do/NcaaLive Click Here ... read news >>

Miesha Tate Helps Injured 6-Year-Old Down Mountain Hiking Trail

Former UFC women’s bantamweight champion Miesha Tate probably didn’t expect to become a hero to a six-year-old girl and her family over Labor Day weekend, but that is exactly what happened. According read news >>

CM Punk invigorated by renewed Fight Week anticipation, excitement

By the time CM Punk decided to walk away from professional wrestling “making the walk” didn’t quite do it for him anymore. Just three days before he makes his first walk as an actual fighter, Punk is read news >>

UFC 203 Results: Fabricio Werdum Defeats Travis Browne in Controversial Fight | MMAWeekly.com

Former heavyweight champion Fabricio Werdum bounced back from losing the title in his last outing by defeating Travis Browne in the UFC 203 co-main event. read news >>

UFC 203 Fight Highlights: Fabricio Werdum and Travis Browne's Controversial Fight | MMAWeekly.com

Former heavyweight champion Fabricio Werdum took on sixth-ranked Travis Browne in the UFC 203 co-main event on Saturday in Cleveland, Ohio. read news >>

Why Does Nobody Care About Rico Verhoeven? | FIGHTLAND

Photo via GLORY Rico Verhoeven is two hundred and fifty pounds of muscle on a six foot five frame. He has beaten Peter Aerts, Daniel Ghita and Gokhan Saki in the ring, and he's one of the most polish read news >>

Derek Brunson Makes Quick, if Controversial, Work of Uriah Hall at UFC Hidalgo | MMAWeekly.com

Derek Brunson made short work of Uriah Hall at UFC Fight Night: Poirier vs. Johnson on Saturday night in Hidalgo, Texas. read news >>

Frankie Edgar vs. Jeremy Stephens, Several Other Bouts Revealed for UFC 205 | MMAWeekly.com

UFC president Dana White confirmed on Wednesday a host of bouts for the promotion's UFC 205 fight card in New York. read news >>

Cris Cyborg, at 157 Pounds, Continues Struggle to Make Weight (Video) | MMAWeekly.com

In the second episode of her video blog, Cris Cyborg is shown on the scale at 157 pounds, as she continues her struggle to get down to the 141-pound limit. read news >>