UFC-on-Fox-2-workouts-Chael-Sonnen-001There haven’t been many fighters that have been contenders in two divisions. It’s even more rare to be a contender in two divisions at the same time, but that’s what Dan Henderson and Vitor Belfort have been for most of their storied careers.

The two will rematch on Nov. 9 in the main event of UFC Fight Night 32 in Goiania, Brazil. They first met at Pride 32 in 2006 with Henderson winning a clear-cut unanimous decision. UFC contender and Fox Sports analyst Chael Sonnen believes only one has improved since that Pride event in Las Vegas seven years ago.

“I think Vitor has always been good. And I just got done training with Dan Henderson and the last time I worked out with Dan Henderson is before the first time he fought Vitor. And he whipped Vitor. He dominated him. They went out and fought hard, but Dan dominated that fight,” said Sonnen during a recent question and answer session in Manchester, England.

“I can tell you Dan is better now than he was then. I don’t think Vitor is better. I think Vitor was very good back then, but I don’t think he’s better now. I think he’s just got a different haircut,” he added.

Sonnen faces former light heavyweight titleholder Rashad Evans at UFC 167 on Nov. 16. He’ll then coach The Ultimate Fighter Brazil opposite Wanderlei Silva and the two will fight at the conclusion of the show. After that, he has his sights set on Belfort.

“I’ve been trying to fight Vitor for a long time now. And I think Vitor is awesome. I think Vitor is probably the second scariest guy in the UFC right now, right under Jon Jones,” said Sonnen. “But I think he’s beatable. I think I can beat him. And I really don’t care either way. I’m going to go punch him in the face repeatedly.”

UFC 198 Free Fight: Vitor Belfort Knocks Out Michael Bisping

Vitor Belfort is 6-0 in Brazil while fighting in the UFC. Belfort looks to remain unbeaten in his home country when he faces Jacare Souza in the co-main event at UFC 198. read news >>

Chael Sonnen Weighs in on Kevin Costner’s Desire for Olympic MMA

On this episode of Beyond the Fight, Chael Sonnen weighs in on award winning actor Kevin Costner's desire to see mixed martial arts in the Olympics. read news >>

UFC 198 Countdown Video: Jacare Souza vs. Vitor Belfort

Go inside the training camps of middleweight contenders as they prepare for UFC 198. Vitor Belfort and Jacare Souza fight for a possible title shot. read news >>

UFC 198: Jacare Souza vs. Vitor Belfort, a Head-to-Toe Breakdown

UFC 198 plays host to a heavyweight title tilt on Saturday, May 14, but that isn't the only big fight on the incredible card. Bleacher Report's No. 3-ranked middleweight Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza takes read news >>

Belfort living the dream decades into career

Almost 20 years since his Octagon debut, Vitor Belfort is showing no signs of slowing in search of ufc glory read news >>

UFC 198 Joe Rogan Video Preview: Vitor Belfort vs. Jacare Souza

With possible title shot implications, the fight between Jacare Souza and Vitor Belfort will be an all out war. Hear UFC commentator Joe Rogan's take on the bout. read news >>

Ronaldo Souza vs. Vitor Belfort Results: Winner and Reaction from UFC 198

Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza put himself back into title contention at UFC 198 with a first-round technical-knockout win over Vitor Belfort in the co-main event in Brazil on Saturday. MMAFighting.com provi read news >>

UFC 198 Results: Jacare Souza Dominates Vitor Belfort, Calls for Title Shot

Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza dominated Vitor Belfort in the UFC 198 co-main event on Saturday and called for a title shot following the one-sided TKO win. read news >>

UFC 198 Video Highlights: Vitor Belfort vs. Jacare Souza

Watch the video highlights from the UFC 198 co-main event between middleweight contenders Vitor Belfort and Jacare Souza. The two Brazilians fought for a potential title shot. read news >>

Chael Sonnen: People Throwing Away the Idea of McGregor vs. Mayweather Are Wrong

Chael Sonnen says that those who dismiss a Conor McGregor vs. Floyd Mayweather fight altogether are wrong, and explains how the fight could come together. read news >>