Joe Aldo says he would welcome bouts against other UFC divisional champions. | Photo: Dave Mandel

Jose Aldo currently sits alone atop the featherweight division, but the UFC’s second-youngest champion has a dream: a possible move in weight that could result in a super-fight against a fellow UFC champ, such as Frankie Edgar or Dominick Cruz.

Aldo, 24, has already verbally agreed to make his next title defense against Kenny Florian, who earned the shot in his 145-pound debut by outpointing world-ranked Diego Nunes. After that, however, if desired by the UFC and agreed upon by his management, Aldo says he’d be more than happy to shift in weight.

“It’s not only about my wishes,” Aldo explained to Sherdog.com. “My coach, Andre Pederneiras, and managers Ed Soares and ‘Joinha’ [Jorge Guimaraes] are also involved, so it has to come from them, as well as from [UFC President] Dana White and [matchmaker] Joe Silva. I’m a fighter; I’ve gotta do my job well and always try to give the crowd a show. If it was only about my wishes, I’d love to move my weight up and down to fight, but I’m confident when they believe it’s a good time, I’ll be asked to face this new challenge.”

Aside from taking part in his own, Aldo also showed himself to be generally in favor of super-fights, admitting that he would like to see middleweight king Anderson Silva take on light heavyweight champ Jon Jones, or Silva against welterweight ruler Georges St. Pierre.

“I’m in favor of that because I think the promotion, the public and the media would gain a lot with [super-fights],” the Nova Uniao fighter opined. “A lot of fans want to see champions fight champions from other divisions. If people could find a way to make that, to get a consensus, I think there’s a place for that in the UFC. For me, as I said, it would be a dream come true to test myself between the lighter weights.”

Before any move, though, Aldo must defend his crown against Florian. After six weeks away from training, the champion is getting back to perfect shape. Now completely healed is the shoulder injury which he discovered after his five-round battle with Mark Hominick at UFC 129.

“I’m just waiting on the date [to face Florian],” said Aldo. “I returned to my training routines after a good period of rest, and I’m getting back into shape with boxing, jiu-jitsu and muay Thai. I’m not exactly focused on Florian. I’ll wait to be, like, seven weeks out from the fight to figure out a strategy to beat him.”

Video: Jose Aldo hopes teammate Renan Barao moves up to featherweight

UFC featherweight champ Jose Aldo says he hopes Renan Barao moves up to his division. read news >>

Jose Aldo Blames Media for Twisting Comments About IV Ban

• a day ago

Jose Aldo has been dominating the ranks of the featherweight division for the past seven years, establishing himself as one of the pound-for-pound best in the process. The Brazilian phenom has steamr read news >>

UFC 190: Results and Winners for Rousey vs. Correia and Top Fights

UFC 190 was headlined by a familiar sight: Ronda Rousey having the women's bantamweight championship belt put around her after another beatdown that took less than a minute. This time, the opponent w read news >>

UFC 190 post-fight facts: Ronda Rousey into uncharted territory – in just UFC six fights

Ronda Rousey’s statistical greatness has already ventured into uncharted territory – just six fights into her UFC career. Check out all the post-fight facts, including Rousey’s latest achievements, a read news >>

Ronda Rousey's 5 First-Round Wins in Title Fights Makes UFC History

Fact: Ronda Rousey's five first-round wins in title fights are the most in UFC history. Bleacher Report will be bringing sports fans the most interesting and engaging Cold Hard Fact of the day, prese read news >>

Jose Aldo confirms Nova Uniao threatened to sue Chael Sonnen

RIO DE JANEIRO -- Nova Uniao wasn’t happy with Chael Sonnen. The former UFC middleweight revealed on his podcast that featherweight champion Jose Aldo threatened to sue him for his comments over the read news >>

UFC's Dana White announces Antonio Rodrigo 'Minotauro' Nogueira's retirement

The UFC president unilaterally announced that he was through promoting fights featuring the Brazilian legend and offered Nogueira a career with the organization. UFC president Dana White announced th read news >>

Dana White 'done' giving Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira fights, will offer him UFC job

RIO DE JANEIRO – UFC President Dana White said fans have seen the last of former PRIDE and interim UFC champion Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira inside the octagon. Filed under: Featured Videos, News, UFC, V read news >>

UFC 190: Results and Reactions from Biggest Fights on Rousey vs. Correia Card

Ronda Rousey retained her bantamweight championship and improved her record to 12-0 Saturday night at UFC 190 in what's become typical Rousey-fight fashion: unsparing, unrelenting and under a minute. read news >>

UFC 190 Results: Winners with Most Impressive Fights on Rousey vs. Correia Card

If you stayed up to watch the entirety of UFC 190 from start to finish, you deserve a piece of the "Performance of the Night" bonus. Sunday's pay-per-view card achieved the toxic combination of being read news >>