By beating Hector Lombard at UFC 149, Tim Boetsch thinks he spoiled the UFC’s plans for the middleweight division. More specifically, he believes the UFC was going to give Lombard the next title shot if Lombard had beaten him.

“Honestly, I think they were going to,” Boetsch told the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Beatdown” show. “In the pre-fight press conference, Dana [White] had said that he had all the answers for the middleweight division, that he was going to make the announcement Saturday night. I believe what happened is I threw a wrench into all of that, honestly.”

Boetsch edged Lombard via split decision, derailing the Cuban’s 20-fight win streak. The bout wasn’t particularly entertaining, but much of the blame for that has been pointed at Lombard for abandoning his typically aggressive style.

“It never really came in the fight, and that actually sort of threw me off a little bit,” Boetsch said. “Over the past couple months of training, I trained anticipating that bull rush forward. I’d worked on a lot of sidestepping and throwing off of his movement coming in, and it just never happened in the 15 minutes. It kind of had me thrown for a loop. I was anticipating that the whole time.”

With all the criticism leveled at Lombard, though, Boetsch may not be receiving his fair share of credit.

“I’m a bit baffled as to how I fly under the radar after these successful fights that I’m having, but if that’s the way it’s got to be, that’s fine by me,” he said. “Like I’ve said before, I’ll beat whoever they put in front of me and then eventually, if I can beat everybody they put in front of me, people will have to talk about me. I hope.”

After the fight, Boetsch expressed doubt that he would be getting the next shot at champion Anderson Silva. That doesn’t mean he thinks he’s not worthy, however.

“On paper, I think it’s hard to argue that anybody is really in front of me,” Boetsch said. “If you look at the last two guys that I’ve beaten, I think that’s a pretty good resume for a title shot. I’d like to see the argument for who I need to beat to actually be next in line or whoever they think is in front of me, whose credentials are better. Let’s do a little fighter math here and look at who they’ve beat that makes them more deserving. I think I’ve got to be close to the next guy in line.”

Boetsch is undefeated as a middleweight, having won all four of his fights in the division. Still, he vows to remain patient while waiting on his crack at the gold.

“I don’t feel disrespected,” he said. “I feel like you deserve what you earn, and if they don’t feel like I’ve earned that title shot yet, I’ll beat somebody else. I’ll beat whoever it takes to get there. Then I plan on getting that strap when it’s my turn.”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 1:05:04).

Ronda Rousey's Future with UFC Commented on by Dana White on 'UFC Unfiltered'

Following consecutive decisive losses, UFC President Dana White believes Ronda Rousey may never again step foot inside the Octagon. On the latest episode of UFC.com's UFC Unfiltered (h/t Dann Stupp o read news >>

UFC Fight Night 104's Jessica Andrade believes title shot looms with win over Angela Hill

Jessica Andrade believes she’s close to a strawweight title shot, and that a win on Saturday might put her over the top. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Yair Rodriguez believes Penn win has him creeping closer to UFC featherweight title shot

HOUSTON – After his brutal beatdown of UFC Hall of Famer B.J. Penn a few weeks ago, Yair Rodriguez can admit just taking the fight put him in a no-win situation. Filed under: Featured Videos, News, U read news >>

Demian Maia Issues Statement on Waiting for UFC Title Shot | MMAWeekly.com

Demian Maia believes he is next in line for a UFC welterweight title shot and is willing to wait for it. read news >>

'Jacare' Souza vs. Tim Boetsch: UFC 208 Countdown Video | MMAWeekly.com

UFC Countdown goes inside the lives and training camps of top middleweight contender Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza and Tim Boetsch as they prepare to clash at UFC 208. read news >>

Jacare Souza Believes Luke Rockhold is Avoiding Him, Remains Focused on the Belt (UFC 208 Video) | MMAWeekly.com

Jacare Souza believes Luke Rockhold is avoiding him and knows he has a tough fight with Tim Boetsch ahead, but he remains focused on a UFC title shot. read news >>

Watch Tim Boetsch's Win Over Nick Ring from 2011 (UFC 208 Free Fight) | MMAWeekly.com

Watch Tim Boetsch's UFC 135 win over Nick Rick from September 2011. Boetsch faces third-ranked Jacare Souza on the UFC 208 main card on Saturday. read news >>

'Jacare' Souza vs. Tim Boetsch: Joe Rogan UFC 208 Preview | MMAWeekly.com

UFC commentator Joe Rogan breaks down the upcoming UFC 208 middleweight fight between veterans Jacare Souza and Tim Boetsch. read news >>

No Surprises as Jacare Taps Tim Boetsch (UFC 208 Highlights) | MMAWeekly.com

Jacare Souza did what he does best to Tim Boetsch at UFC 208 on Saturday night in Brooklyn. read news >>

Jacare Souza Takes Out Tim Boetsch, Takes Aim at Michael Bisping (UFC 208 Results) | MMAWeekly.com

Jacare Souza proved once again why he has long held a position near the top of the middleweight division with a swift victory over Tim Boetsch at UFC 208. read news >>