#UFC Fight Night 83 #Luke Rockhold #Conor McGregor #David Branch #Saturday Night Fights #GGG #Nate Diaz #UFC 215 #Michael Bisping #Time To Shine

By beating Hector Lombard at UFC 149, Tim Boetsch thinks he spoiled the UFC’s plans for the middleweight division. More specifically, he believes the UFC was going to give Lombard the next title shot if Lombard had beaten him.

“Honestly, I think they were going to,” Boetsch told the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Beatdown” show. “In the pre-fight press conference, Dana [White] had said that he had all the answers for the middleweight division, that he was going to make the announcement Saturday night. I believe what happened is I threw a wrench into all of that, honestly.”

Boetsch edged Lombard via split decision, derailing the Cuban’s 20-fight win streak. The bout wasn’t particularly entertaining, but much of the blame for that has been pointed at Lombard for abandoning his typically aggressive style.

“It never really came in the fight, and that actually sort of threw me off a little bit,” Boetsch said. “Over the past couple months of training, I trained anticipating that bull rush forward. I’d worked on a lot of sidestepping and throwing off of his movement coming in, and it just never happened in the 15 minutes. It kind of had me thrown for a loop. I was anticipating that the whole time.”

With all the criticism leveled at Lombard, though, Boetsch may not be receiving his fair share of credit.

“I’m a bit baffled as to how I fly under the radar after these successful fights that I’m having, but if that’s the way it’s got to be, that’s fine by me,” he said. “Like I’ve said before, I’ll beat whoever they put in front of me and then eventually, if I can beat everybody they put in front of me, people will have to talk about me. I hope.”

After the fight, Boetsch expressed doubt that he would be getting the next shot at champion Anderson Silva. That doesn’t mean he thinks he’s not worthy, however.

“On paper, I think it’s hard to argue that anybody is really in front of me,” Boetsch said. “If you look at the last two guys that I’ve beaten, I think that’s a pretty good resume for a title shot. I’d like to see the argument for who I need to beat to actually be next in line or whoever they think is in front of me, whose credentials are better. Let’s do a little fighter math here and look at who they’ve beat that makes them more deserving. I think I’ve got to be close to the next guy in line.”

Boetsch is undefeated as a middleweight, having won all four of his fights in the division. Still, he vows to remain patient while waiting on his crack at the gold.

“I don’t feel disrespected,” he said. “I feel like you deserve what you earn, and if they don’t feel like I’ve earned that title shot yet, I’ll beat somebody else. I’ll beat whoever it takes to get there. Then I plan on getting that strap when it’s my turn.”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 1:05:04).

Comments

Why UFC-Pittsburgh's Anthony Smith views Hector Lombard fight as 'no-win situation'

Anthony Smith thinks Hector Lombard is the most recognizable name he’s ever faced, but it’s still not the fight he wanted: “His reputation is far greater than he is right now.”Filed under: News, UFC, read news >>

UFC 215's Neil Magny: Welterweight title shot 'within reach' if I beat Rafael dos Anjos

Neil Magny believes he could slide into a UFC welterweight title shot with a good showing vs. Rafael dos Anjos at UFC 215.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Luke Rockhold believes he outclasses David Branch at every turn at UFC Fight Night 116

Returning for the first time since losing his title in June 2016, Luke Rockhold believes he has every advantage over David Branch. Filed under: Featured, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Claudia Gadelha believes win vs. Jessica Andrade should earn new stab at UFC strawweight title

Claudia Gadelha says she preferred to be fighting someone coming off a win. But, set on fighting in Japan, she took what was available:Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Luke Rockhold: 'It's Time for Me to Belittle David Branch' | MMAWeekly.com

Former UFC middleweight champion Luke Rockhold made it clear, he thinks David Branch thinks too much of himself. So it's up to him him to shut Branch down. read news >>

Why did UFC-Pittsburgh winner Olivier Aubin-Mercier ask for Charles Oliveira? Well, 'why not?'

Olivier Aubin-Mercier thinks getting a “little bit cocky” in the third round may have made his UFC Fight Night 116 encounter with Tony Martin harder than it needed to be.Filed under: News, UFC, Video read news >>

Anthony Smith Continues Hector Lombard’s Downward Spiral (UFC Pittsburgh Fight Highlights)

What slow start? Lionheart with the finish against Lombard! #UFCPittsburgh — FOX Sports: UFC (@UFCONFOX) September 17, 2017 (Video courtesy of UFC on FOX | Viewing may be limited by broadcast rights read news >>

UFC-Pittsburgh results: Anthony Smith starts slow but blasts Hector Lombard in 3rd

Anthony Smith didn’t exactly inspire for the opening two rounds of his clash with Hector Lombard, but he turned it on in the third.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

'GGG' trainer says with UFC's rise, boxing must get more exciting

Gennady Golovkin’s trainer believes that his fighter and opponent Saul “Canelo” Alvarez need to put on a thrilling contest this Saturday to prevent more fans from turning to MMA.Filed under: News, UF read news >>

Kamaru Usman believes he's at 40 percent of potential, but already top 3 in world

Kamaru Usman thinks opponent Sergio Moraes is satisfied with just getting by, and he warns that’s not the attitude to have against him.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>