#UFC 217 #Conor McGregor #Michael Bisping #GSP #UFC Fight Night 55

Walel Watson Guard Ya GrillFollowing a third consecutive loss in the UFC, Walel Watson wasn’t surprised when he got the call that he was being released from his contract.

What disappointed Watson more was his performance in his final fight against Mitch Gagnon at UFC 152 because he has everything going right heading into the fight, and then it all went wrong.

“Going into the Mitch Gagnon fight I was super excited, my camp was awesome, I had the best camp of my life, the best diet of my life, the best weight cut of my life, everything just felt so perfect. I got over anxious. I wanted to go in there and I just wanted to make “Fight of the Night” happen right away, and you can’t just do that,” Watson told MMAWeekly.com.

“I’ve just got to learn from it, get better and go out there and do it again.”

Watson was discouraged at first when he got the call about being released from the UFC, but it quickly turned to motivation to get back there again. So instead of sitting and waiting for something to happen, Watson made a quick phone call to see what could be done to get him back in the cage as soon as possible.

“Right away I called my coach and I was like book me for a fight,” said Watson. “I’ve got to show them that I’m serious and that I belong there. I don’t let that discourage me at all, I just keep moving forward, keep trucking on the road.”

Watson got his wish and he will return this weekend for a fight, but he knows it’s just the first step on his road back to the UFC. There may be a few speed bumps along the way, but Watson knows he belongs among the best bantamweights in the world.

He just has to prove it.

“By the time I come back I’m going to be an even better Walel Watson, an unbeatable Walel Watson. I’m still raw in the game, I’m still learning a lot of things, and by the time I get back I’m going to be fundamentally sound and ready to come back,” said Watson.

“It’s like day one all over again, fighting to get into the UFC.”

Comments

UFC Fight Night 120 results: Andrei Arlovski staves off retirement, outworks Junior Albini

With five consecutive losses, Andrei Arlovski knew the importance of his bout with Junior Albini.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Cezar Ferreira Gets Narrow Win Over Nate Marquardt (UFC Norfolk Fight Highlights) | MMAWeekly.com

(Video courtesy of UFC on FOX | Viewing may be limited by broadcast rights restrictions) Check out highlights from Cezar Ferreira's narrow victory over Nate Marquardt at UFC Fight Night 120 on Saturd read news >>

UFC-Norfolk Twitter reaction: Sage Northcutt's return, Clay Guida's blowout, more

See the top Twitter reacts to Clay Guida, Sage Northcutt and Marlon Moraes all being victorious at UFC Fight Night 120.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Andrei Arlovski Takes the Nod Over Junior Albini (UFC Norfolk Fight Highlights) | MMAWeekly.com

Check out highlights from Andrei Arlovski's career-saving victory over Junior Albini at UFC Fight Night 120 on Saturday. read news >>

Andrei Arlovski Staves Off Retirement with Win Over Junior Albini (UFC Norfolk Results) | MMAWeekly.com

Andrei Arlovski staved off retirement with a unanimous nod over Junior Albini at UFC Fight Night 120 on Saturday in Norfolk, Va. read news >>

Twitter reacts to Matt Brown's UFC-Norfolk KO of Diego Sanchez ... that no one saw

See the top Twitter reacts to Matt Brown’s win over Diego Sanchez in the UFC Fight Night 120 co-main event.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC Fight Night 120 results: Matt Brown survives near finish, devastates Diego Sanchez

It didn’t go as long as some might have hoped, but it delivered everything one might expect, as Matt Brown was almost finished but came back to score a first-round knockout of Diego Sanchez.Filed und read news >>

Matt Brown Unleashes Elbow from Hell (UFC Norfolk Fight Highlights) | MMAWeekly.com

Check out highlights from Matt Brown's devastating knockout of Diego Sanchez at UFC Fight Night 120 on Saturday. read news >>

Matt Brown Face-Plants Diego Sanchez (UFC Norfolk Results) | MMAWeekly.com

After twelve years as a professional mixed martial artists and 37 fights, Matt "The Immortal" Brown may have made his final walk to the cage on Saturday. The 36-year-old stated that his UFC Fight Nig read news >>

UFC Fight Night 120 results: Dustin Poirier downs Anthony Pettis in gloriously gory instant classic

Dustin Poirier and Anthony Pettis delivered on the expectations, engaging in a wildly entertaining fight.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>