MENU
#Conor McGregor #UFC 211 #Bellator 179 #Rory MacDonald #Nate Diaz #Paul Daley #Hayder Hassan #Dhiego Lima #Cris Cyborg #Joanna Jedrzejczyk #Jon Jones #UFC 202



There’s always more to the story when it comes to a fighter stepping in as a late replacement after an injury occurs.

The story this time around involves the Ultimate Fighter 16 finale following Shane Carwin being forced out of his fight against fellow coach Roy Nelson after suffering a knee injury.

While the eventual replacement was found in former Ultimate Fighter competitor Matt Mitrione, the call did go out to some other heavyweights.

One fighter who was offered the bout against Nelson, but turned it down was French born heavyweight Cheick Kongo.

According to a Twitter message via UFC President Dana White, the call was made to Kongo to see if he would accept the bout against Nelson in December.

“Kongo turned it down,” wrote White in response.

Kongo last fought in July when he won a unanimous decision over Shawn Jordan in a largely lackluster bout. Kongo hasn’t commented about being offered the fight, but according to his Twitter account he’s currently at home in France.

Now it appears with Kongo turning down the bout against Nelson for the TUF 16 finale show, he will probably have to wait until 2013 for another fight.

view original article >>
Report here if this news is invalid.

Related News

Dana White Says Zuffa Turned Down $5 Billion for the UFC | FIGHTLAND

  • 26 days ago
  • 4 views

Photo by ?Ron Chenoy-USA TODAY Sports? Last year when Zuffa, LLC sold the UFC to Hollywood mega-talent agency WME|IMG for $4 billion—$3,998,000,000 more than Zuffa had paid for it just 15 years earli read news >>

Former UFC owners turned down $5 billion buyout offer, per Dana White

  • 27 days ago
  • 277 views

The UFC sold this past July for about $4 billion, or $3.775 billion and a quarter-billion in earn-outs, if you want to get technical. But when the promotion's former owners were considering which buy read news >>

Dana White Confirms TUF 26 Will Crown Women’s Flyweight Champion | MMAWeekly.com

  • 13 days ago
  • 10 views

UFC president Dana White on Tuesday confirmed that the next season of The Ultimate Fighter will launch the women's flyweight division and crown a champion. read news >>

Dana White Admits to Why He Lost the Mayweather vs. McGregor Date | MMAWeekly.com

  • 13 days ago
  • 331 views

UFC president Dana White admits to why he lost his target date for Floyd Mayweather vs. Conor McGregor. read news >>

Dana White Not Sure If Nick and Nate Diaz Will Ever Fight Again | MMAWeekly.com

  • 18 days ago
  • 49 views

UFC president Dana White said that he's not sure if we'll ever see the Diaz Brothers, Nate and Nick, ever fight again. read news >>

Dana White says UFC women's flyweight division not finalized, despite announcement

  • 18 days ago
  • 11 views

Hours after the announcement, UFC President Dana White said nothing is official regarding a new women’s 125-pound weight class.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

TUF 26: What You Need to Know About the Division, Fighters, and the Ideal Roster

  • 12 days ago
  • 9 views

On May 4, the UFC sent out a press release informing the world that a new season of The Ultimate Fighter would crown the inaugural women's flyweight champion. Hours later, UFC President Dana White to read news >>

Dana White: Jon Jones Could Be Setting Records and Fighting at Heavyweight | MMAWeekly.com

  • 14 days ago
  • 48 views

UFC president Dana White says that if he could have stayed out of trouble, Jon Jones would be a record-setting champion and probably fighting heavyweights. read news >>

Anderson Silva Slams 'Almighty' Dana White, Says He 'Shot Himself in the Foot'

  • 12 days ago
  • 6 views

UFC legend Anderson Silva has criticized the promotion's "almighty" president, Dana White, after he was removed from the UFC 212 card following opponent Kelvin Gastelum's withdrawal. The Spider said read news >>

Georges St-Pierre vs. Michael Bisping Talks Off; Yoel Romero to Get Title Shot

  • 11 days ago
  • 39 views

UFC President Dana White told Fox Sports Australia's UFC Fight Week that a planned middleweight title fight between Georges St-Pierre and Michael Bisping has been called off. According to Fox Sports read news >>