HOUSTON – UFC President Dana White says he’s offered Nate Diaz a fight. Against whom, exactly, is anyone’s guess.
White today spoke to USA TODAY Sports while on “Radio Row” at Super Bowl LI in Houston, where the UFC on Saturday hosts UFC Fight Night 104. He was asked what’s next for Nate (19-11 MMA, 14-9 UFC) as well as his older brother Nick Diaz (26-9 MMA, 7-6 UFC).
The UFC boss said a fight offer has been extended to Nate – though unlikely for the $20 million he reportedly wants. As for Nick, White said he’s turned down multiple fight offers.
“We just offered Nate Diaz a fight, and we’re waiting to hear back from him, so we’ll see,” White told USA TODAY Sports. “These guys say they want a fight – I offered Nick Diaz two fights. He turned down two fights. I offered him Robbie Lawler. Robbie Lawler accepted the fight. Then I offered him Demian Maia. Nick Diaz turned down two fights. And then we just offered Nate a fight.”
Nate last appeared in the octagon at UFC 202 in August, where he lost a majority decision to UFC lightweight champion Conor McGregor. Nick hasn’t fought since a no-contest with former UFC champ Anderson Silva at UFC 183 in January 2015.
As the leading man for the UFC for more than 15 years, White has dealt with a bevy of different characters. Some are easy to work with, while others are much more challenging. He said the Diaz brothers currently are at the top of the list in terms of struggling to put fights together, so he can’t predict when either will next be seen inside the octagon.
“The most difficult to get into the octagon? Right now, it’s the Diaz brothers – right here, right now,” White said. “But throughout history? I don’t know.”
For more on the UFC’s upcoming schedule, stay tuned to the UFC Rumors section of the site.view original article >>
UFC President Dana White says more than 1,500 first responders from the Las Vegas shooting will be at Saturday’s UFC 216.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>
UFC president Dana White had a strong message in response to the Las Vegas shooting to open UFC 216 on Saturday night. read news >>
UFC President Dana White watched coverage of last week’s mass shooting in Las Vegas and knew what the company needed to do. And it didn’t involve canceling Saturday’s UFC 216 event.Filed under: News, read news >>
UFC President Dana White has admitted a lightweight title unification showdown between Conor McGregor and Tony Ferguson "has to happen." Ferguson won the interim lightweight crown at UFC 216 in Las V read news >>
Mark Hunt issued an expletive-filled message to UFC President Dana White after the heavyweight fighter was removed from the UFC Fight Night show in Sydney, Australia, on Nov. 19. Hunt's message to Wh read news >>
UFC President Dana White said on a recent episode of ESPN's Dan Le Batard Show that WWE would not allow Brock Lesnar to fight again in the UFC while under contract with WWE. During the interview (h/t read news >>
On Thursday, UFC President Dana White shot down rumors that Conor McGregor was in negotiations to appear at WrestleMania 34 in New Orleans. Appearing on Good Day New York (h/t Corey Jacobs of Wrestli read news >>
UFC President Dana White told TMZ Sports on Thursday the company decided to remove Mark Hunt from its event in Sydney next month as a medical precaution. "Sometimes, you gotta protect these guys from read news >>
UFC president Dana White agrees with the likes of Michael Bisping and Mark Hunt, who are calling for tougher anti-doping violation sanctions. read news >>
Dana White remains steadfast in his belief that additional weight classes are unnecessary for the UFC.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>