#Conor McGregor #UFC Fight Night 83 #Nate Diaz #Luke Rockhold #Jon Jones #David Branch #Michael Bisping #Saturday Night Fights #UFC 215

Andre Winner has been released by the UFC. | Photo: Dave Mandel

Two more fighters now possess the title “UFC veteran,” as welterweight John Howard and lightweight Andre Winner have been cut from the Ultimate Fighting Championship roster.

Winner’s manager, Wad Alameddine, confirmed news of his client’s release to MMAJunkie.com on Monday, while Howard himself took to the Internet to address fans.

“The rumor is true: I got released today. They finally announced it,” Howard, 28, said in a video posted on his personal Twitter account. “All I have to say is, it is what it is. You get three straight losses in the UFC and this is what happens. I’m not too mad about it. It’s whatever, man. I tried my best. My last fight with Matt Brown, I didn’t think I lost, but when it goes to the judges, that’s what happens.”

After winning four straight to begin his Octagon career, Howard suffered three consecutive losses, falling to Jake Ellenberger, Thiago Alves and, most recently, Brown in a June 26 unanimous decision. On Monday, the Boston native appeared upbeat and optimistic about his future in another promotion.

“My plans right now is to either go to Bellator or Dream, or something else. Whoever makes me the best offer, I’m gonna go there, make some money. That’s my goal right now,” explained Howard. “Right now, I’m a UFC veteran. I’m gonna make some money off that name. I’m gonna make a lot more money now... I’m not quitting. I’m coming back. You’ll see me soon.”

Winner, 29, was a finalist on the ninth season of “The Ultimate Fighter” reality show, where he dropped a unanimous decision to British countryman Ross Pearson. Though he would rebound with back-to-back victories, the Team Rough House representative was bested thrice in the past 12 months, his last defeat coming in a lopsided decision loss to Anthony Njokuani on July 2.

Comments

UFC vet John Howard headlines CES MMA 46 vs. Roger Carroll in Rhode Island

Former CES MMA middleweight champion John Howard, a 14-fight UFC veteran, is returning to the promotion to take on Roger Carroll in October.Filed under: AXS TV Fights, News read news >>

Luke Rockhold Wins but Stays in Middleweight Shadows

Last June, Luke Rockhold defended the UFC middleweight championship against Michael Bisping. Bisping, a seasoned veteran who had never even earned a title shot, took the fight against Rockhold on lat read news >>

Ed Herman Reveals Gruesome and Graphic Finger Injury (PHOTO) | MMAWeekly.com

UFC competitor Ed Herman had a tough day at the office. The veteran light heavyweight and middleweight fighter showed off a finger injury on Tuesday that is quite graphic and definitely not for the f read news >>

Daniel Cormier Reinstated as UFC Light Heavyweight Champion | MMAWeekly.com

Daniel Cormier is once again the UFC light heavyweight champion. The UFC has officially stripped Jon Jones of the title after his fight against Cormier was overturned to a no contest by the Californi read news >>

UFC Veteran Mark Hunt Discusses Slurred Speech, Memory Loss

Mark Hunt is almost 20 years deep into his combat sports career and, unfortunately, it's starting to catch up with him. The Super Samoan discussed his physical and mental situation in a piece for Pla read news >>

Get To Know TUF Cast: Lauren Murphy

Lauren Murphy, a former Invicta FC bantamweight champion with four UFC fights to her name, didn’t feel like an MMA veteran earlier this year. Then she joined the cast of The Ultimate Fighter and ever read news >>

Alex Nicholson picks up heavyweight win, aims for UFC return

Four-time UFC veteran Alex Nicholson is looking for a return to the sport’s top promotion, but he’s hoping to do so in a new division.Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured Videos, News, UFC read news >>

Report: 'TUF 23' winner Tatiana Suarez meets Viviane Pereira at UFC Fight Night 120 in Norfolk

At long last, the Season 23 winner of “The Ultimate Fighter,” Tatiana Suarez, will return to the octagon this fall. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC bonus machine Jim Miller just wants someone – 155er or 170er – to bleed with him

Who wants to shed some blood with UFC veteran and bonus machine Jim Miller?Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

UFC 215 results: Rick Glenn overwhelms Gavin Tucker, who earns no mercy from referee

Eleven-year veteran Rick Glenn turned in one of the best performances of his career, battering a previously undefeated Gavin Tucker.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>