#Conor McGregor #UFC 216 #Tony Ferguson #Fight Night Rotterdam #GSP #Nate Diaz #Darren Till #Kevin Lee #UFC Fight Night 118 #Dominick Cruz #Donald Cerrone #Cody Garbrandt #Felice Herrig

When Phil Davis was put on the UFC's second Fox card against Rashad Evans, he knew the pressure was on. Not only did he need to keep his undefeated streak going, but he also needed to create an exciting bout for network fans tuning into the UFC for the first time.

The result? A fight dominated by Rashad Evans as Davis struggled to find a rhythm. Davis told the MMA Hour that he couldn't slow down in the bout, which ended up exhausting him.

"I got myself into one of the situations where you've got to go all out to get out of that, and put out a lot of energy," he said. "That kind of put me behind on momentum, and from there, Rashad was just the calmer guy. He eased into the fight better. More and more, I was trying to do more to gain momentum and he was just calm and collected."

It was the first loss of Davis' MMA career. He ended his NCAA wrestling career with a championship, so it's the first time Davis has lost in at least four years. A loss like that can shake a man, but Davis took a different view of it.

"I'm glad he poked holes in my game," he said. "Because now I can fix some of those holes and know where the No. 2 guy in the world is going to beat me. Now I have a benchmark. Losing is not the worst thing in the world. The worst thing in the world is not getting better. I'm glad I got that fight. I'm glad I got it twice, and I'm just real excited about where I'm at in my career."

While he waits for his next opponent, Davis is helping his friend and teammate, Dominick Cruz, coach on this season of "The Ultimate Fighter." At 27, he's still a young and exciting fighter who has plenty to learn about MMA. A newly refocused Davis should be a force to reckon with.

Comments

Watch the 15-Second KO That Earned Karl Roberson at UFC Contract | MMAWeekly.com

See the fight and spectacular finish that earned Karl Roberson a UFC contract on Dana White's Tuesday Night Contender Series! read news >>

Mizuto Hirota pulled from UFC-Japan after scary weigh-in incident

Perhaps in a not-so-stunning move, the UFC has pulled Mizuto Hirota from UFC Fight Night 117.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Mizuto Hirota Pulled from UFC Fight Night in Japan After Disastrous Weight Cut | MMAWeekly.com

Mizuto Hirota has been pulled from his fight against Charles Rosa at UFC Fight Night in Japan following a scary weigh-in on Thursday morning. UFC officials confirmed the news late Thursday night. "Du read news >>

Ovince Saint Preux vs. Yushin Okami: UFC Japan Joe Rogan Preview | MMAWeekly.com

(Courtesy of UFC) UFC commentator Joe Rogan breaks down the main event of Fight Night Japan between Ovince Saint Preux and Yushin Okami. TRENDING > If Garbrandt or Dillashaw Pulls Out of UFC 217, Dom read news >>

UFC Fight Night 117 play-by-play and live results (8 p.m. ET)

MMAjunkie is reporting live from UFC Fight Night 117. Join us for live play-by-play and official results beginning at 8 p.m. ET.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

UFC Fight Night 117 discussion thread

MMAjunkie is reporting live from UFC Fight Night 117 in Saitama, Japan, which kicks off at 8 p.m. ET. You can discuss the event here.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Video: Watch UFC Fight Night 117's post-event press conference on MMAjunkie

Watch a live video stream of the UFC Fight Night 117 post-event press conference from Japan here on MMAjunkie at approximately 1:15 a.m. ET.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

How to watch UFC-Japan tonight: Fight card, start time, online results, how to stream Saint Preux vs. Okami

The UFC returns to Japan tonight with UFC Fight Night 117. Here’s how to watch.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Despite mixed results, high hopes for ex-UFC fighters in Bellator

It hasn’t been smooth sailing so far for Benson Henderson or Lorenz Larkin. Roy Nelson tests the waters for the first time at Bellator 183.Filed under: Bellator, Featured, News read news >>

Felipe Arantes vs. Josh Emmett added to UFC Fight Night 118 in Poland

The upcoming UFC Fight Night 118 event in Poland has a new addition: Felipe Arantes vs. Josh Emmett.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>