#UFC Fight Night 117 #UFC Fight Night 52 #Bellator 183 #Jessica Andrade #Claudia Gadelha #Ovince St. Preux #Paul Daley #Lorenz Larkin #Gokhan Saki #Fight Night Pittsburgh #Roy Nelson #Javy Ayala

Mike Swick had never been knocked out in the UFC, but after seven and a half years of competition in the Octagon, it finally happened Dec. 8 at UFC on Fox 5.

Matt Brown caught him with a left hook-straight right combination to finish their fight 2:31 into the second round.

“If you look at the replay, he landed the shot directly on my jaw, which just completely looks like it broke my jaw or something and I had absolutely no pain in my jaw the next day,” Swick told the Sherdog Radio Network’s “It’s Time” show with Bruce Buffer. “I always have pain in my jaw. It always hurts to bite down after a fight. That’s just the way it is because you get hit in the jaw, and where the bone locks into your head, it always gets pulled and stretched, but for some reason, my jaw was completely fine. It’s amazing how clean that shot was.”

Swick had a tough time in the first round as well, as Brown took him down and threatened with both brabo and triangle chokes. On the feet, Brown was also the aggressor.

“He did pretty much what I expected him to do, honestly, and very well,” Swick said. “He pushed forward and he came hard. He would eat the shots. He would take the shots and just keep coming forward. It was good pressure. That was definitely something he did really well, was keep that pressure and stay moving forward. Whether he was landing or not, he was throwing it -- the elbows and the knees and the punches. If you weren’t getting hit with something, you were almost getting hit with something, which I think is great. That’s kind of my style. I love to do that as well.”

The fight was just the second for Swick since February 2010. He had been forced to the sidelines for a variety of reasons, including a knee injury. Although the knee wasn’t an issue against Brown, Swick plans on getting back to rehab soon.

“I’m going to go back to get it better for the future,” he said. “This is my third operation on this knee in the last 14 months or whatever, but there was no issue with the knee. It was one of those nights where I didn’t perform how I wanted and it sucks because it was really important for me to put on a great performance. Even though I won a really good fight in August, there were parts of that fight I didn’t like. I wanted to perform better. I trained really hard and put a lot of hard work into these last 10 weeks to put on the performance I wanted to, and it didn’t happen.”

Now Swick is hoping to get his knee stronger and jump back in the cage in about four months or so.

“You’ve got to pick yourself back up,” he said. “I’ve been through so much, so much before this that was harder and tougher. I’ve just got to get myself back up.” Listen to the full interview (beginning at 19:57).

Comments

Bisping vs. St-Pierre and Garbrandt vs. Dillashaw Official for UFC 217 | MMAWeekly.com

Michael Bisping vs. Georges St-Pierre is now official, taking the UFC 217 headlining slot. read news >>

Fans outraged as Mayweather-McGregor demand causes PPV providers, UFC Fight Pass to crash

Things got off to a rocky start for many people wanting to watch “The Money Fight.”Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Conor McGregor Says He Will Return to UFC After TKO Loss to Floyd Mayweather

UFC fans rejoice: Conor McGregor is apparently coming back to your sport. Floyd Mayweather Jr. handed McGregor a defeat via technical knockout Saturday in Las Vegas in the latter's first professional read news >>

Dana White Says He Is 'So Proud Of' Conor McGregor After Floyd Mayweather Fight

Dana White, president of the UFC, told reporters he's "so proud" of Conor McGregor after the 29-year-old Irish star of the Octagon lasted 10 rounds against Floyd Mayweather Jr. at the T-Mobile Arena read news >>

Dana White: 'Not the Fight I was Expecting' | MMAWeekly.com

UFC president Dana White felt like the fight that Conor McGregor fought against Floyd Mayweather was something different than he expected. read news >>

Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor by TKO (Fight Highlights) | MMAWeekly.com

(Courtesy of UFC) Check out some of the best action from the megafight between UFC champion Conor McGregor and unbeaten boxing legend Floyd Mayweather. TRENDING > Conor McGregor Only Won 1 Round Agai read news >>

Dana White proud of Conor McGregor after Floyd Mayweather fight, but wants him back in UFC

“I’m ready to get back to the UFC and do what I do,” said Dana White, who prefers to bring back Conor McGregor with him.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

After loss to Floyd Mayweather, Conor McGregor says he's free agent, open to boxing and MMA

UFC lightweight champion Conor McGregor held off on committing to a return to the octagon, declaring “I have many options.”Filed under: Featured, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Dana White Says He Is 'So Proud Of' Conor McGregor After Floyd Mayweather Fight