Mike Swick had never been knocked out in the UFC, but after seven and a half years of competition in the Octagon, it finally happened Dec. 8 at UFC on Fox 5.

Matt Brown caught him with a left hook-straight right combination to finish their fight 2:31 into the second round.

“If you look at the replay, he landed the shot directly on my jaw, which just completely looks like it broke my jaw or something and I had absolutely no pain in my jaw the next day,” Swick told the Sherdog Radio Network’s “It’s Time” show with Bruce Buffer. “I always have pain in my jaw. It always hurts to bite down after a fight. That’s just the way it is because you get hit in the jaw, and where the bone locks into your head, it always gets pulled and stretched, but for some reason, my jaw was completely fine. It’s amazing how clean that shot was.”

Swick had a tough time in the first round as well, as Brown took him down and threatened with both brabo and triangle chokes. On the feet, Brown was also the aggressor.

“He did pretty much what I expected him to do, honestly, and very well,” Swick said. “He pushed forward and he came hard. He would eat the shots. He would take the shots and just keep coming forward. It was good pressure. That was definitely something he did really well, was keep that pressure and stay moving forward. Whether he was landing or not, he was throwing it -- the elbows and the knees and the punches. If you weren’t getting hit with something, you were almost getting hit with something, which I think is great. That’s kind of my style. I love to do that as well.”

The fight was just the second for Swick since February 2010. He had been forced to the sidelines for a variety of reasons, including a knee injury. Although the knee wasn’t an issue against Brown, Swick plans on getting back to rehab soon.

“I’m going to go back to get it better for the future,” he said. “This is my third operation on this knee in the last 14 months or whatever, but there was no issue with the knee. It was one of those nights where I didn’t perform how I wanted and it sucks because it was really important for me to put on a great performance. Even though I won a really good fight in August, there were parts of that fight I didn’t like. I wanted to perform better. I trained really hard and put a lot of hard work into these last 10 weeks to put on the performance I wanted to, and it didn’t happen.”

Now Swick is hoping to get his knee stronger and jump back in the cage in about four months or so.

“You’ve got to pick yourself back up,” he said. “I’ve been through so much, so much before this that was harder and tougher. I’ve just got to get myself back up.” Listen to the full interview (beginning at 19:57).

CM Punk Plans to Fight Again Whether It's in the UFC or Elsewhere | MMAWeekly.com

Despite losing in his UFC debut, CM Punk is determined to fight again whether it's in the UFC or not. read news >>

UFC on Fox 23 Results: Matches to Make for the Winners and Losers

Valentina Shevchenko punched her ticket to a bantamweight title shot with a submission victory over Julianna Pena at UFC on Fox 23. "Bullet" caught Pena off-guard in the second round with an armbar, read news >>

Watch MMAjunkie Radio here (1 p.m. ET): UFC Fight Night 106's Kevin Lee (in studio)

MMAjunkie Radio kicks off today at 1 p.m. ET (10 a.m. PT) with guest Kevin Lee. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Last Minute Opponent Saves Ian McCall's UFC 208 Return to the Octagon | MMAWeekly.com

While Ian McCall's original UFC 208 opponent withdrew from the fight, "Uncle Creepy" quickly got a new opponent to remain on the Brooklyn fight card. read news >>

Indiana newcomer Jarred Brooks in for Neil Seery vs. Ian McCall at UFC 208 in Brooklyn

A day after undergoing a big change to his fight, which is becoming a familiar refrain for him, Ian McCall has a new opponent for UFC 208. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Conor McGregor Comments on Nate Diaz's Conversation with Floyd Mayweather

UFC lightweight champion Conor McGregor has lashed out at rival Nate Diaz, criticising his former opponent for lending his support to retired boxer Floyd Mayweather. McGregor and Diaz faced off twice read news >>

Citing brain scan abnormality, UFC women's strawweight Aisling Daly announces retirement

Citing an abnormality that showed up on a recent brain scan, UFC women’s strawweight Aisling Daly today announced her retirement from MMA. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Masvidal vs. Cerrone: Controlling the Inside Line | FIGHTLAND

Photo by Ron Chenoy-USA TODAY Sports UFC Fight Night: Shevchenko versus Pena was a decent night of scraps with a couple of cracking finishes. Valentina Shevchenko emerged as the next challenger for t read news >>

Jorge Masvidal Is the Bad Guy the UFC Needs Right Now | FIGHTLAND

Photo by Josh Hedges/Zuffa LLC After beating Donald Cerrone twice in two rounds at UFC on Fox 23 in Denver, Jorge Masvidal soaked up the boos from Cerrone’s hometown and told them his lack of fame ma read news >>

On Conor McGregor, Floyd Mayweather, and our bottomless appetite for 'saying crazy (expletive)'

Conor McGregor and UFC President Dana White both took turns "saying crazy (expletive)" about a potential showdown with retired boxing champ Floyd Mayweather Jr. recently. Somehow, that's become a cot read news >>