#Fabricio Werdum #UFC London #Conor McGregor #UFC 222 #Khabib Nurmagomedov #Alexander Volkov #UFC 217 #Michael Bisping #Tony Ferguson

Max Holloway Met with UFC, Confident He Will Fight Again in 2017 | MMAWeekly.com

Following his TKO win over Jose Aldo in June, featherweight champion Max Holloway planned on meeting with the UFC to engage in negotiations for a new contract that would treat him as one of the company’s biggest superstars.

While no ink has been put to paper just yet, Holloway met with UFC executives just days ago in Las Vegas and it appears the 25-year old Hawaiian will be a very happy champion in the near future.

“Got to meet with some UFC brass and I can say things are looking up,” Holloway told MMAWeekly.com on Saturday.

“The meeting went super well. Like I said before, I had no doubt in the UFC. I love this company. They always find a way, they figure a way to make stuff happen. I think we’re super close. I believe in my heart you guys are going to the “Blessed” one back in the ring before the end of the year so I’m excited.”

Holloway still has to wrap up his own negotiations with the UFC before officially booking his next fight, but he seems to know the most likely candidate to get the first crack at his featherweight title.

Former lightweight champion Frankie Edgar just dismantled highly touted prospect Yair Rodriguez in May and that win came after he defeated fellow top 10 fighter Jeremy Stephens last November.

Of course, Holloway is happy to face anyone the UFC puts in front of him, but it certainly seems like Edgar is the fighter who will get the next shot at his belt.

“Everyone knows I’ll fight anyone, anywhere, any time. I’ve got a belt to defend. Right now if it’s defending the throne, it’s looking like Frankie [Edgar],” Holloway said. “You can’t deny it. The guy’s a legend of the sport, multiple time champ and I can’t wait to get another one on my resume. If Frankie’s the next man up, so be it. I’ve been trying to get this fight forever.

“I always wanted to fight Frankie, I always wanted to challenge myself. I know he’s a tough competitor but at the end of the day he’s going to have to face me so I’m excited.”

The UFC has two big pay-per-view cards to fill in December so it would make perfect sense for Holloway to return at one of those events still in need of a headline fight.

Obviously, Holloway has to finish out his discussions with the UFC first but he sounds very confident that the two sides will come to an agreement that will allow him to return to action later this year.

“Oh yes, I believe I’m going to fight before the end of the year for sure,” Holloway said. “I think it’s going to happen. I think the meeting went in the right direction yesterday and hopefully we announce something soon.”

Jose Aldo Fights

• a year ago

Max Holloway Fights

• a year ago

Tyron Woodley Squashing His Beef with Dana White and RDA | MMAWeekly.com

Tyron Woodley is tired of arguing, so he's squashing his beef with UFC president Dana White and moving on. read news >>

Twitter reacts to Donald Cerrone's TKO of Yancy Medeiros to tie UFC wins record

See the top Twitter reactions to Donald Cerrone’s win over Yancy Medeiros in the UFC Fight Night 126 main event. read news >>

Yancy Medeiros Got TKO'd and Then Hugged it Out... With Cowboy's Grandma! | MMAWeekly.com

Leading up to their UFC Fight Night 126 headliner, you easily could have mistaken Donald "Cowboy" Cerrone and Yancy Medeiros as the best of friends instead of combatants about to step into a cage and read news >>

UFC Travels to Chile for the First Time with UFC Fight Night 129 in May | MMAWeekly.com

For the first time in its history, Ultimate Fighting Championship will take the Octagon to Chile on May 19 with UFC Fight Night 129 in Santiago. read news >>

Relive Cris Cyorg's Win Over Holly Holm (UFC 222 Free Fight) | MMAWeekly.com

UFC featherweight champion Cris Cyborg closed out 2017 with her most impressive victory to date when she took down former bantamweight champion Holly Holm. read news >>

UFC Strikes Deal with Amazon for Pay-Per-View Broadcasts Starting with UFC 222 | MMAWeekly.com

The UFC is going to Amazon. On Wednesday, a deal was announced that will see UFC pay-per-view cards air on Amazon starting with this weekend's UFC 222 show as the first on the streaming service. Amaz read news >>

CB Dollaway Eats Illegal Shot, Wins the Fight (UFC 222 Highlights) | MMAWeekly.com

Check out highlights from CB Dollaways win over Hector Lombard at UFC 222 on Saturday in Las Vegas. read news >>

Max Holloway Responds to Conor McGregor, Hints at Possible Move to Lightweight | MMAWeekly.com

Max Holloway responds to Conor McGregor's alleged offer to save UFC 222 and hints that his future may lie at lightweight sooner than expected. read news >>

Brian Ortega Reveals Dana White Guaranteed He's Next for Max Holloway | MMAWeekly.com

Undefeated featherweight contender Brian Ortega on Monday revealed that UFC president Dana White guaranteed that he gets the next shot at UFC featherweight champion Max Holloway. read news >>

Max Holloway Slams Conor McGregor as the 'King of Chicken' | MMAWeekly.com

Max Holloway might be one of the only fighters on the UFC roster ready to go toe-to-toe with Conor McGregor inside or outside the Octagon. In an ongoing social media battle between the two champions, read news >>

Brian Ortega Considering Move to Lightweight After UFC Featherweight Title Fight | MMAWeekly.com

Brian Ortega earned a title shot at featherweight champion Max Holloway with his UFC 222 knockout win over Frankie Edgar, but he's got lightweight aspirations on his mind. read news >>

Cris Cyborg: Megan Anderson Has to Handle Her Problem with UFC for Fight to Happen | MMAWeekly.com

UFC featherweight champion Cris Cyborg is willing to fight whomever the UFC deems the next contender, but says Megan Anderson needs to work out her issues first. read news >>

Floyd Mayweather Confident in His MMA Skills, Believes UFC Deal Will Happen | MMAWeekly.com

• a day ago

Floyd Mayweather sounds awfully confident that he will be fighting in the UFC sooner rather than later. The 41-year old retired boxer has been teasing a crossover into mixed martial arts for several read news >>

UFC Fight Night 126: Cerrone vs. Medeiros Weigh-in Video | MMAWeekly.com

? (Courtesy of UFC) Watch the fighters step on the scale and make their UFC Fight Night 126 bouts official. TRENDING > UFC KO of the Week: Donald Cerrone's Head Kick Finish of Matt Brown Donald Cerro read news >>

Donald Cerrone vs. Yancy Medeiros Gets Green Light at UFC Austin Weigh-ins | MMAWeekly.com

Sunday's UFC Fight Night 126 got the green light following Saturday's official weigh-ins in Austin, Texas. None of the athletes on the 12-bout UFC Fight Night 126 fight card had any trouble hitting t read news >>

Lyoto Machida vs. Vitor Belfort Agreed to for UFC 224 in Brazil | MMAWeekly.com

UFC 224 is starting to come together, and it looks like there is going to be at least one high profile Brazil vs. Brazil match-up on the fight card. read news >>

Search for: