Coming off the biggest win of his career, Lorenz Larkin is in for another challenge April 20 when he makes his UFC debut at UFC on Fox 7 against Francis Carmont.

“Evidently I came in with something since they put me against Carmont,” Larkin told the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Beatdown” show. “To me, he’s one of the top prospects in the UFC. … He’s on a four-fight win streak in the UFC. That says enough in itself.”

Carmont has not lost since 2008. The French middleweight edged Tom Lawlor via split decision last November in his most recent bout, and he also holds UFC wins over Karlos Vemola, Magnus Cedenblad and Chris Camozzi.

Larkin has been building an impressive resume himself, though. Undefeated, his 13 wins include a unanimous decision over Robbie Lawler last July in Strikeforce.

“I always look at it like this: Before I got to Strikeforce, I was a nobody,” Larkin said. “Nobody knew me. I was just that guy that filled in somebody else’s spot. I was expected to lose, and then from there I almost had a title shot in Strikeforce.”

Because Strikeforce shut down, however, Larkin is instead making the move to the UFC. Against Carmont, he’ll have an opportunity to establish himself in the promotion’s 185-pound division.

“To beat anybody that’s on a four-fight winning streak, in your first fight in the UFC, is a big deal in my eyes,” Larkin said.

The 26-year-old attended UFC 157, which featured Ronda Rousey’s submission win over Liz Carmouche, and got a feel for how a UFC event differs from Strikeforce. The transition hasn’t quite hit him yet, but he knows it will soon enough.

“In my personal opinion, I feel like the crowd is more lively at the UFC compared to Strikeforce,” he said. “When a guy got hit, the whole crowd was in an uproar.”

Certainly Larkin will look to give fans something to roar about against Carmont. He plans on standing with his opponent, but he also plans on Carmont eventually trying to take the fight to the ground.

“Every fighter wants to see how it goes standing up,” Larkin said. “Well, no. I have seen a couple of fights where guys come out and shoot, but most of the guys want to test the waters, and once that gets uncomfortable, then they want to go to their second nature. I expect that when it doesn’t go his way standing up that he’s going to try to take me down and do what he’s good at.”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 1:18:34).

UFC on FOX 23 video highlights: Jason Knight vs. Alex Caceres

In the biggest fight of his career, Jason Knight came through with flying colors, and “The Kid” may have graduated to manhood at UFC on FOX 23.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

UFC middleweight champ Michael Bisping expects spring return – and wants a money fight

We may not see UFC middleweight champion Michael Bisping back in action until the spring, but when he returns, he wants one thing – and it’s something that has been a pretty common refrain in the spo read news >>

Bellator 171's Melvin Guillard eyes fight with Paul Daley, wants to avoid B.J. Penn-like career end

Melvin Guillard has a bout with Chidi Njokuani lined up for Friday’s Bellator 171 event, but he’s already considering what could come after, and he’s seeking an explosive fight in the welterweight di read news >>

Bellator 171 video highlights: Watch Chidi Njokuani hang a 30-24 on Melvin Guillard

It doesn’t get much more lopsided than the Bellator 171 main event on Friday night. Filed under: Bellator, Featured, News, Videos read news >>

Pena vs. Shevchenko Results: Winner and Reaction from UFC on Fox 23

With Ronda Rousey's career possibly over, the UFC women's bantamweight division is officially trying to move on. The first step in doing so? Determining the next challenger for reigning champion Aman read news >>

Holm, de Randamie look for career-defining wins; Silva, Brunson want more at UFC 208

Everyone that steps into the Octagon does so for their own reasons, but next Saturday night at Barclays Center, Holly Holm and Germaine de Randamie will enter the UFC’s eight-sided proving ground wit read news >>

Tecia Torres says Rawlings was good opponent after layoff but expects top-10 foe next

Back in the win column after a one-sided display over Bec Rawlings, UFC Fight Night 104 winner Tecia Torres wants top-10 competition next: “I think I showed that I’m still in the uprush.”Filed under: read news >>

Scratched from UFC 208 due to eye issue, Luis Henrique says his career options now limited

Luis Henrique said his career options have dwindled after he was pulled from Saturday’s UFC 208 lineup. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Anderson Silva is Brazil's Biggest Idol (UFC 208 video) | MMAWeekly.com

On Episode 1 of UFC 208 Embedded, middleweight great Anderson Silva hits the gym in Rio de Janeiro in advance of his UFC 208 bout. read news >>

Floyd Mayweather vs. Conor McGregor: Booking the Biggest Card in Combat Sports

By now it’s no real secret: Floyd Mayweather vs. Conor McGregor is on the table. It’s on the table to the extent Dana White has publicly made a first offer to the combatants, McGregor has insisted hi read news >>