#UFC 217 #UFC Fight Night 120 #GSP #Michael Bisping #Conor McGregor #TJ Dillashaw #Cody Garbrandt #Dustin Poirier #Fight One #Anthony Pettis #Nate Diaz

UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones recently took aim at future opponent Chael Sonnen during Tuesday night’s most recent episode of “UFC Tonight” on Fuel TV.

Jones, who will face Sonnen in the main event of UFC 159 on April 27, previously stated that the challenger did not possess a championship soul. When asked to clarify that statement, Jones responded with the following:

Chael Sonnen is a guy who people know [has] done steroids throughout his whole career, and that’s probably why his testosterone is low now,” Jones said. “I don’t think that is the heart or the attitude of a champion, so that’s what I meant when I said he lacks a championship soul.”

Sonnen, a 36-year-old testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) patient, has never been found guilty of steroid use. The former two-time middleweight title challenger previously produced an elevated testosterone-to-epitestosterone ratio in California that resulted in a suspension and fine handed down by the California State Athletic Commission in 2010.

Jones and Sonnen recently went head-to-head as coaches on “The Ultimate Fighter” Season 17, maintaining a degree of cordiality during the show’s tapings. The men now top the UFC 159 pay-per-view, which takes place at the Prudential Center in Newark, N.J., and marks Sonnen’s first appearance at light heavyweight since 2005.

“I’m really not concerned with too many of Chael’s gifts. Chael is an awesome fighter. He has pretty good boxing; he loves his wrestling, and he’s been really successful with his wrestling. He has really good ground-and-pound,” said Jones. “I’ve just familiarized myself with the whole thing, and I’m really comfortable with what I’m getting ready to face. I wouldn’t say any of it really concerns me. I’m just ready to go out there, react, be instinctual, do my best and try to do what I do.”

When asked if he had a message for Sonnen ahead of their championship showdown, Jones was succinct in reply.

“Bring your best,” said Jones. “I hope you’re having a great camp. I hope you’re healthy, and I’m excited for this awesome challenge.”

Galleries

Jon Jones Fights

• a year ago

Chael Sonnen Fights

• 4 months ago

Comments

UFC champ Michael Bisping 'not losing sleep' over lawsuit or Cody Garbrandt claims

UFC middleweight champ Michael Bisping isn’t worrying about a recently filed lawsuit, or the opinions of bantamweight champion Cody Garbrandt.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

So, what's Jon Jones been up to lately?

We haven’t heard much lately from Jon Jones, the former UFC champion who’s facing a potentially long suspension. However, Jones apparently isn’t giving up on the possibility of someday returning to t read news >>

Darren Till Takes Out Cowboy Cerrone (UFC Gdansk Fight Highlights) | MMAWeekly.com

Check out highlights from Darren Till's career changing knockout victory over Donald Cerrone at UFC Fight Night 118 on Saturday at Ergo Arena in Gdansk, Poland. read news >>

10 reasons to watch UFC Fight Night 118 with 'Cowboy' looking to snap his first career skid

Check out 10 reasons to watch Saturday’s UFC Fight Night 118 card in Gdansk, Poland, featuring Donald Cerrone vs. Darren Till.Filed under: News read news >>

Paulo Costa denies accusations of steroids use after UFC 217: 'I'm a genius ... if I'm bypassing USADA'

Accusations of steroids use based on the eye test is starting to bother Paulo Costa, who wants Derek Brunson to stop using the excuse to dodge fighting him.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Matt Brown Reflects on Career Heading Into Final UFC Fight | MMAWeekly.com

Matt "The Immortal" Brown reflects on an unforgettable UFC career before making his final walk to the Octagon to take on veteran Diego Sanchez this Saturday. read news >>

Michael Bisping Replaces Anderson Silva at UFC Shanghai After Failed Drug Test

Michael Bisping suffered one of the toughest losses of his UFC career at UFC 217, dropping the middleweight championship to Georges St-Pierre after getting choked out cold. So how is the Brit recover read news >>

UFC Fight Night 120 results: Karl Roberson stays perfect, taps out Darren Stewart

Undefeated middleweight prospect Karl Roberson kept his perfect career record intact, debuting in the UFC with a first-round win over Darren Stewart.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Michael Bisping Replaces Anderson Silva at UFC Shanghai After Failed Drug Test

Artem Lobov hints at retirement on Twitter following UFC-Gdansk loss to Andre Fili

Artem Lobov’s career appears to be in a state of flux following his loss to Andre Fili at UFC-Gdansk.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>