UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones recently took aim at future opponent Chael Sonnen during Tuesday night’s most recent episode of “UFC Tonight” on Fuel TV.

Jones, who will face Sonnen in the main event of UFC 159 on April 27, previously stated that the challenger did not possess a championship soul. When asked to clarify that statement, Jones responded with the following:

Chael Sonnen is a guy who people know [has] done steroids throughout his whole career, and that’s probably why his testosterone is low now,” Jones said. “I don’t think that is the heart or the attitude of a champion, so that’s what I meant when I said he lacks a championship soul.”

Sonnen, a 36-year-old testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) patient, has never been found guilty of steroid use. The former two-time middleweight title challenger previously produced an elevated testosterone-to-epitestosterone ratio in California that resulted in a suspension and fine handed down by the California State Athletic Commission in 2010.

Jones and Sonnen recently went head-to-head as coaches on “The Ultimate Fighter” Season 17, maintaining a degree of cordiality during the show’s tapings. The men now top the UFC 159 pay-per-view, which takes place at the Prudential Center in Newark, N.J., and marks Sonnen’s first appearance at light heavyweight since 2005.

“I’m really not concerned with too many of Chael’s gifts. Chael is an awesome fighter. He has pretty good boxing; he loves his wrestling, and he’s been really successful with his wrestling. He has really good ground-and-pound,” said Jones. “I’ve just familiarized myself with the whole thing, and I’m really comfortable with what I’m getting ready to face. I wouldn’t say any of it really concerns me. I’m just ready to go out there, react, be instinctual, do my best and try to do what I do.”

When asked if he had a message for Sonnen ahead of their championship showdown, Jones was succinct in reply.

“Bring your best,” said Jones. “I hope you’re having a great camp. I hope you’re healthy, and I’m excited for this awesome challenge.”

UFC on FOX 23 video highlights: Jason Knight vs. Alex Caceres

In the biggest fight of his career, Jason Knight came through with flying colors, and “The Kid” may have graduated to manhood at UFC on FOX 23.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Dana White Addresses Tito Ortiz vs. Chael Sonnen Fixed Fight Claims | MMAWeekly.com

Was Tito Ortiz's final fight a work? Was the fix in? UFC president Dana White weighs in. read news >>

Holm, de Randamie look for career-defining wins; Silva, Brunson want more at UFC 208

Everyone that steps into the Octagon does so for their own reasons, but next Saturday night at Barclays Center, Holly Holm and Germaine de Randamie will enter the UFC’s eight-sided proving ground wit read news >>

Watch Anderson Silva Destroy Chael Sonnen in Their Rematch (UFC 208 Free Fight) | MMAWeekly.com

Anderson Silva extended his consecutive title defenses record to 10 when he defeated Chael Sonnen at UFC 148. Silva faces Derek Brunson at UFC 208 on Saturday. read news >>

Germaine de Randamie Looking to Solidify Fighting Career with UFC Title | MMAWeekly.com

The UFC will crown its first female 145-pound champion at UFC 208 on Saturday. Either Germaine de Randamie or Holly Holm will make history. read news >>

Anderson Silva Wins, Decisions Derek Brunson (UFC 208 Results) | MMAWeekly.com

Former middleweight champion Anderson Silva picked up his 34th career win on Saturday when he defeated Derek Brunson by unanimous decision at UFC 208. read news >>

Ex-champ Johny Hendricks promises rebirth of fallen career at UFC Fight Night 105

HALIFAX – Johny Hendricks has a pep in his step that he said has been absent for several years as he approaches Sunday’s UFC Fight Night 105 showdown with Hector Lombard.Filed under: Featured Videos, read news >>

Pena vs. Shevchenko Results: Winner and Reaction from UFC on Fox 23

With Ronda Rousey's career possibly over, the UFC women's bantamweight division is officially trying to move on. The first step in doing so? Determining the next challenger for reigning champion Aman read news >>

Scratched from UFC 208 due to eye issue, Luis Henrique says his career options now limited

Luis Henrique said his career options have dwindled after he was pulled from Saturday’s UFC 208 lineup. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Nate Diaz Responds to Dana White's UFC Fight Offer | MMAWeekly.com

UFC president Dana White recently said that Nate Diaz had been offered a fight, and he was awaiting a response. It appears that he now has one. read news >>