After a dominant third round against Demetrious Johnson in their March 3 UFC flyweight tournament bout, Ian McCall believes he has the psychological edge heading into the rematch Friday.

“I definitely think so,” McCall told the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Beatdown” show. “I’ve heard some interviews, the way he talks about everything. I think I’m definitely inside of his head.”

In McCall’s view, he was close to finishing the fight in that third round. He slammed Johnson, controlled positioning and also scored with strikes. However, Johnson also had his moments in the first and second rounds. Due to an error counting the judges’ scorecards, the fight was scored a majority draw instead of going to a “sudden victory” fourth round.

For all intents and purposes, though, the fourth round comes Friday at UFC on FX 3. The wait has been long enough for McCall.

“I just want to get it over with,” he said. “I want to move on with this chapter in my life, put a stamp on it and then fight [Joseph Benavidez] for the title.”

Looking back at the first encounter, McCall is far from satisfied with his performance. He blames his showing on a lack of focus.

“I wasn’t nervous or anything,” McCall said. “It was just some personal things going on. That’s the worst thing for me, is my personal life gets in the way. … I don’t focus on things. I shouldn’t let stuff like that affect me.”

McCall wouldn’t go into specifics, but he seems to have resolved whatever issues hampered him in March. As for Johnson, he’s not expecting anything new from his opponent.

“I think he’s shown me everything he has to offer,” McCall said. “I don’t really see him doing anything different.”

McCall, on the other hand, plans to be much better on the feet.

“Definitely in the standup department I looked horrible in my fight with him,” he said. “I think he’s going to see a much different side of me, much more focused. It’s not going to make it any better for him.”

The plan, in short, is for McCall to do exactly what he did in the third round of their first fight.

“I have to just beat him up,” McCall said. “I don’t have to make it too pretty. I have to just physically grab a hold of him, and the fight’s mine. … Just be more aggressive and get my hands on him. I think we all know I’m the better wrestler, better at jiu-jitsu and I’m a lot bigger. I hit a lot harder. So just kind of rough him up. Like I said, it doesn’t need to be that pretty. I’ve just got to beat the crap out of him.”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 1:38:12).

Demian Maia Issues Statement on Waiting for UFC Title Shot | MMAWeekly.com

Demian Maia believes he is next in line for a UFC welterweight title shot and is willing to wait for it. read news >>

Stop us if you've heard this one: UFC 208's Ian McCall loses an opponent – again

Ian McCall’s UFC comeback seems to get more and more depressing with each attempt.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Ronda Rousey's Future with UFC Commented on by Dana White on 'UFC Unfiltered'

Following consecutive decisive losses, UFC President Dana White believes Ronda Rousey may never again step foot inside the Octagon. On the latest episode of UFC.com's UFC Unfiltered (h/t Dann Stupp o read news >>

Last Minute Opponent Saves Ian McCall's UFC 208 Return to the Octagon | MMAWeekly.com

While Ian McCall's original UFC 208 opponent withdrew from the fight, "Uncle Creepy" quickly got a new opponent to remain on the Brooklyn fight card. read news >>

Indiana newcomer Jarred Brooks in for Neil Seery vs. Ian McCall at UFC 208 in Brooklyn

A day after undergoing a big change to his fight, which is becoming a familiar refrain for him, Ian McCall has a new opponent for UFC 208. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

DJ says he'd consider going after second belt

DEMETRIOUS JOHNSON WOULD CONSIDER CHASING SECOND UFC BELT 'IF THE MONEY'S RIGHT' By NESN Staff read news >>

UFC Fight Night 104's Jessica Andrade believes title shot looms with win over Angela Hill

Jessica Andrade believes she’s close to a strawweight title shot, and that a win on Saturday might put her over the top. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Chas Skelly wants spot on UFC 211, promises screaming fans in sleeveless shirts

HOUSTON – After a dominant display at Saturday’s UFC Fight Night 104 event, Chas Skelly warned his featherweight colleagues: “These guys don’t understand they need to fight me now because I’m improvi read news >>

Wilson Reis is going to call out flyweight champ Demetrious Johnson if victorious at UFC 208

BROOKLYN, N.Y. – UFC flyweight Wilson Reis went from a title shot against champ Demetrious Johnson to a preliminary-card bout against the unranked Ulka Sasaki.Filed under: Featured Videos, News, UFC, read news >>

Watch MMAjunkie Radio here (1 p.m. ET): UFC 208's Ian McCall, Fernanda Prates

MMAjunkie Radio kicks off today at 1 p.m. ET (10 a.m. PT) with guests Ian McCall and Fernanda Prates.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>