#UFC Fight Night 117 #UFC Fight Night 52 #Jessica Andrade #Claudia Gadelha #Ovince St. Preux #Gokhan Saki #Bellator 183 #Yushin Okami #UFC Fight Night 83

Bellator middleweight champion Hector Lombard
The UFC has bolstered their middleweight division with a former Bellator champion who will look to make his impact felt during his first fight this summer.

On Friday, UFC officials confirmed the signing of now former Bellator middleweight champion Hector Lombard who will be joining the ranks of the Octagon’s best at 185lbs.

With an impressive 32-2-1 record, Lombard has put together an incredible 25-fight win streak over the last few years and holds wins over several past UFC competitors including Trevor Prangley, Joe Doerksen, and Niko Vitale.

Now the Cuban born Judoka will come to the UFC to see if his brand of damage will translate to the Octagon.

“I’ve wanted to fight in the UFC all my career,” Lombard said. “I want to be UFC middleweight champion and I want to fight Anderson Silva to do it. I have such respect for him as a fighter, it would be an honor and a dream come true to test my skills against his. I wouldn’t be in the UFC if I didn’t think I could win the UFC world title.”

“I’m here in the UFC to prove I am the best in the world. I’m very proud of my heritage and I want to represent all Cubans around the world when I fight in the UFC, just like I did when I went to the Olympics in 2000.”

Lombard had actually signed with the UFC previously in 2007, but visa issues kept him from actually debuting in the Octagon at the time.

Now officially signed to the UFC, Lombard looks to make his impact felt immediately as he tackles the middleweight division in 2012.

Follow @DamonMartin on Twitter or e-mail Damon Martin.
For more
UFC News and UFC Rumors, follow MMAWeekly.com on Twitter and Facebook.

Galleries

Anderson Silva Fights

• 7 months ago

Comments

UFC 215's Ilir Latifi not ready to judge Jon Jones during turbulent time for 205-pound division

Regardless of what happens with Jon Jones, Ilir Latifi believes the UFC light heavyweight division will thrive.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

UFC 215 Countdown: Demetrious Johnson vs. Ray Borg | MMAWeekly.com

On the verge of breaking Anderson Silva's record for title defenses, Demetrious Johnson and his longtime coach brace for a career-making moment. read news >>

UFC 215 results: Alex White picks apart, devastates Mitch Clarke on the feet

In his second fight in the UFC’s lightweight division, former featherweight Alex White shined, dominating Mitch Clarke on the feet en route to a second-round stoppage.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC 215: Resurgent Rafael dos Anjos Puts Welterweight Division on Notice

After 2016 saw him drop his lightweight title and be summarily written out of the 155-pound title picture by back-to-back losses, Rafael dos Anjos looks reborn at welterweight. That was the takeaway read news >>

Anthony Smith Continues Hector Lombard’s Downward Spiral (UFC Pittsburgh Fight Highlights)

What slow start? Lionheart with the finish against Lombard! #UFCPittsburgh — FOX Sports: UFC (@UFCONFOX) September 17, 2017 (Video courtesy of UFC on FOX | Viewing may be limited by broadcast rights read news >>

UFC-Pittsburgh results: Anthony Smith starts slow but blasts Hector Lombard in 3rd

Anthony Smith didn’t exactly inspire for the opening two rounds of his clash with Hector Lombard, but he turned it on in the third.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Rafael Dos Anjos Walks Through Neil Magny (UFC 215 Results) | MMAWeekly.com

Former lightweight champion Rafael dos Anjos moved up to the welterweight division for his last fight after suffering back-to-back losses in the 155-pound division. He defeated Tarec Saffiedine in Ju read news >>

Why UFC-Pittsburgh's Anthony Smith views Hector Lombard fight as 'no-win situation'

Anthony Smith thinks Hector Lombard is the most recognizable name he’s ever faced, but it’s still not the fight he wanted: “His reputation is far greater than he is right now.”Filed under: News, UFC, read news >>

Valentina Shevchenko changes tune, targets drop to UFC women's flyweight division

Rather than push for another shot at the bantamweight belt, Valentina Shevchenko is targeting the newly opened flyweight division as her next conquest.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Mike Perry Calls out Conor McGregor, Says He'd 'Strangle' Him in '2 Seconds'

Mike Perry, a rising star in the UFC welterweight division, said he'd like a chance to destroy lightweight champion Conor McGregor in McGregor's native Ireland. On Saturday, TMZ Sports passed along c read news >>