Chad Mendes
Following a report that Chad Mendes was being sought in connection with a bar brawl that broke out in California, the fighter and his management team on Saturday responded to MMAWeekly.com.

The story first reported by the Hanford Sentinel stated that Mendes was a suspect in connection with a 40-person fight that broke out at a local bar in the area.

According to the report, Mendes “sucker punched” a patron and then apparently ran out of the back of the bar when a full-on brawl broke out with many others spilling out into the fight.

Kings County Sheriff’s deputies were dispatched to deal with the occurrence. Mendes was allegedly identified before hitting another patron and then escaping by running along some railroad tracks to avoid police.

Mendes, who is currently in Ohio cornering teammate Lance Palmer at the UVC 20 show in Columbus, responded to the allegations through his management team at MMA Inc.

“On Friday afternoon, Chad Mendes was shocked and surprised by the allegations contained in an article published on an Internet news site. While Chad acknowledges that an incident occurred last Saturday in Hanford, he contends that the majority of the facts pertaining to him in the story are absolutely false.

Attempts were immediately made by Chad’s representatives to contact personnel at the Sheriff’s Department on Friday afternoon. Despite these repeated attempts, Chad’s representatives have not received any response from the Sheriff’s Department as of the time of this release.

Chad denies any wrongdoing and is very upset by the allegations contained in the story. He will fully cooperate with the Sheriff’s Department and looks forward to clearing his name.”

Mendes will return home following the fights this weekend in Ohio as his management team continues to try and contact the Kings County Sheriff’s Department to clear up the matter.

The Kings County Sheriff’s Department was quoted as stating that if they could not speak to Mendes about the matter by Monday, they would take the case to the District Attorney’s office to seek charges, so an arrest warrant could be issued.

Follow @DamonMartin on Twitter or e-mail Damon Martin.
For more
UFC News and UFC Rumors, follow MMAWeekly.com on Twitter and Facebook.

view original article >>
Report here if this news is invalid.

Related News

UFC Fight Night 104: Bleacher Report Main Card Staff Predictions

  • 24 days ago
  • 39 views

Guess who's back, back again? No, it's not Eminem. "The Korean Zombie" Chan Sung Jung is back! The former featherweight title contender returns from his mandatory military service to headline the UFC read news >>

Nate Diaz Responds to Dana White's UFC Fight Offer | MMAWeekly.com

  • 20 days ago
  • 1817 views

UFC president Dana White recently said that Nate Diaz had been offered a fight, and he was awaiting a response. It appears that he now has one. read news >>

Report: Fabricio Werdum-Ben Rothwell will join champ Stipe Miocic vs. Junior Dos Santos at UFC 211

  • 20 days ago
  • 6 views

Everything’s bigger in Texas, they say. So the UFC’s return to the “Lone Star State” in May looks like it will have plenty of big men on the top of the bill. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC 208 Holm vs. De Randamie: Bleacher Report Main Card Staff Predictions

  • 17 days ago
  • 9 views

UFC 208 is almost upon us, and the event is, quite simply, weird. In some ways, this can be looked at as an "old guard vs. new breed" card, filled with fights like Anderson Silva vs. Derek Brunson, G read news >>

Why 'Decisionator Ryan LaFlare' nearly broke down in tears at UFC 208

  • 14 days ago
  • 45 views

BROOKLYN, N.Y. – Ryan LaFlare’s father had never attended one of his MMA fights because “no one wants to see their kid get punched in the face,” he said. But for UFC 208 in New York? LaFlare’s old ma read news >>

Dana White Flatly Denies Conor McGregor vs. Floyd Mayweather Deal is in Place | MMAWeekly.com

  • 13 days ago
  • 24 views

While a report out of Ireland claims that Conor McGregor and Floyd Mayweather have an agreement to fight already in place, Dana White flatly denied it. read news >>

Floyd Mayweather sets 'record straight' on tabloid report of Conor McGregor fight deal

  • 13 days ago
  • 140 views

Floyd Mayweather took to Twitter tonight to “set the record straight” after a British tabloid reported earlier in the day that he and UFC featherweight champion Conor McGregor had agreed to terms on read news >>

UFC champ de Randamie believes hand surgery inevitable, responds to Holm, 'Cyborg'

  • 11 days ago
  • 28 views

On a media teleconference Thursday, Germaine de Randamie discussed the likelihood of hand surgery and responded to criticism from both Holly Holm and “Cyborg” Justino.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Germaine de Randamie Responds to Holly Holm's Dirty Punch Claims at UFC 208

  • 11 days ago
  • 33 views

UFC fighter Holly Holm claimed in her post-fight press conference that Germaine de Randamie intentionally hit her after the bell following both the second and third rounds during their matchup at UFC read news >>

de Randamie responds to 'dirty' claims, discusses future

  • 12 days ago
  • 1 views

Germaine de Randamie has been in the center of a media storm after her victory over Holly Holm at UFC 208. On Thursday, she faced all the questions about the title fight and what's next. read news >>