#Conor McGregor #UFC 216 #Tony Ferguson #UFC Fight Night 118 #Fight Night Rotterdam #GSP #Nate Diaz #Darren Till #Kevin Lee #Bellator MMA #Dominick Cruz #Donald Cerrone

Ross Pearson UFC FN 21Ross Pearson entered UFC on FX 6 with bad blood and anxiety when it came to coaching against George Sotiropoulos.

On Friday night, in enemy territory, Pearson finally put an end to the rivalry with an emphatic third round TKO.

For half the year, Pearson just wanted his feud with Sotiropoulos to be finally over.  During this time, the Brit learned a valuable lesson in patience that he brought with him to the Gold Coast Convention Centre.

“I’m ecstatic, this fight has been a long-time in the making,” Pearson said at the UFC on FX 6 post-fight press conference.

“I just wanted it so bad.  I’ve worked so hard for it.  I just had to take me time. A couple of times when I rocked George I kept telling meself like I normally would to go, go, go, but sometimes I feel like I haven’t been getting the finish because I’m pressing too hard.

“I listened to my coaches, took my time, stayed relax and the knockout will come.  It’s not about power, it’s your timing, and finding that shot and once you land he’s ready to go.”

Even though Pearson earned the win he was looking for, he’s not trying to tear down Sotiropoulos at his lowest time.  The 28-year-old just wants to move on and cherish that the rivalry he had is now over.

“I said before the fight and I’ll say it again, we’re never going to be friends.  He’s his person and I’m my person, and we’re never going to get along.  Things happened off camera.  Whatever it is, it’s settled now.  I’ve got the fight out of the way, I’ve finished the fight, and there’s nothing to look back on now.

“That’s it, me and George are two different people.  I’m not going to keep talking and rub salt in the wound; there’s no need for that.  What’s happened has happened.  I won the fight.  I’ll move on with my career and on to the next opponent.”

Stay tuned to MMAWeekly.com for all of your UFC on FX 6 news and fight coverage.

Comments

After postponement for UFC 215 fight, Jeremy Stephens finally got married over the weekend

After pushing back his wedding to fight at UFC 215, Jeremy Stephens had his wedding over the weekend.Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured Videos, News, UFC read news >>

Aspen Ladd Finally Books Long Awaited UFC Debut Fight in Poland | MMAWeekly.com

Highly touted bantamweight prospect Aspen Ladd has finally booked her Octagon debut against Lina Lansberg at UFC Fight Night in Poland on Oct. 21. UFC officials announced the new matchup on Tuesday. read news >>

M-1's 'best knockouts ever' video delivers on its promise (with some vintage Fedor!)

Who doesn’t want to see five minutes of knockout highlights from the past two decades?Filed under: Blue Corner, Featured Videos, News, Videos read news >>

Dominick Cruz Returns; Cynthia Calvillo Booked Against Former Champ at UFC 219 | MMAWeekly.com

Former bantamweight champion Dominick Cruz has finally booked his next fight as he will face off with Jimmie Rivera at UFC 219 in Las Vegas on Dec. 30. Cruz has been out of action since losing the ba read news >>

Before UFC 216, watch Derrick Lewis take out Viktor Pesta

Derrick Lewis started a bit slowly but finished strong in a UFC 192 bout with Viktor Pesta.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Primus rematch? Sure, but Michael Chandler also eyes 170 with MacDonald and Daley

It’s not that Michael Chandler doesn’t want a chance to reclaim Bellator’s 155-pound title. But eyeing a quick turnaround and big fights in the welterweight division, it’s not his only option.Filed u read news >>

Bellator 183 winner Goiti Yamauchi on his speak-the-truth vision to become lightweight champ

Goiti Yamauchi doesn’t mind that he was dismissive of his opponent’s skills before Bellator 183. He spoke his truth, then proved it.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Video: Ahead of his ONE Championship open-weight superfight, meet KO artist Alain Ngalani

It doesn’t take a trained eye to realize Alain Ngalani is capable of incredible things inside of a cage. But take a second to learn more about “The Panther.”Filed under: News, Videos read news >>

UFC 216: Ferguson vs. Lee Odds, Tickets, Predictions and Pre-Weigh-in Hype

At UFC 216, the lightweight division will finally have an active title picture for the first time in the Conor McGregor era. Either Tony Ferguson or Kevin Lee will become the interim title holder in read news >>

Demetrious Johnson's Armbar Was Crazy, but to Be GOAT He Needs New Challenges

Demetrious Johnson's quest for history was finally realized Saturday at UFC 216. As usual, he made it look easy. Johnson systematically demolished the overmatched Ray Borg in their co-main event figh read news >>