#Conor McGregor #Cris Cyborg #UFC 211 #Nate Diaz #Bellator 179 #Rory MacDonald #Paul Daley #Diaz vs. McGregor 2 #Angela Magana #Daniel Cormier #Jon Jones

Chad Mendes isn’t used to losing.

He lost just once his senior year wrestling at Cal Poly. In MMA he won his first 11 bouts, but then featherweight champion Jose Aldo ruined his perfect record in January by scoring a knockout with just one second left in the first round.

“That was tough,” Mendes told the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Savage Dog Show.” “I felt alone. I felt bummed. The goal was to get in there and win that fight, and it just didn’t happen. That was the second loss that I’ve had in like five years, and it’s just tough to deal with … sitting there and replaying that knee over and over in my mind and just kind of kicking myself in the ass for it.”

Mendes will be looking to get back on track Saturday when he meets Cody McKenzie at UFC 148.

“It’s a fight that I need to clear my mind with,” Mendes said. “… I need to feel good and get back in that W column. I think this is the perfect fight for me.”

McKenzie is coming off a victory via guillotine choke over Marcus LeVesseur in May. It’s no secret that the guillotine is his specialty -- his record is full of wins courtesy of the choke.

“He’s got a great guillotine choke, but I’ve trained with Joseph [Benavidez] and Urijah [Faber] since day one and those guys have some of the best guillotine chokes out of anyone in the world,” Mendes said. “It’s not anything new to me. Obviously he does it a little bit different. We’ve worked on that throughout this camp, and it’s something we’ve really focused on because I knew that’s his golden move and that’s what he’s catching everyone with.”

Mendes is a major favorite in the fight, but he also considers it a very dangerous bout in part due to the fact that he’s supposed to win. He doesn’t want to just win, though.

“I’m just looking to get in there and finish this fight, honestly, as fast as I can,” Mendes said. “I want to make a statement to everyone in the UFC and all my fans and to myself. This is just something that I want to do. That’s the goal.”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 1:24:26).

Watch a Sneak Peak of Ronda Rousey in 'Blindspot' | MMAWeekly.com

Ronda Rousey is still making headlines, and she isn’t even scheduled to fight … yet. read news >>

Manager shoots down Germaine de Randamie retirement rumor, says personal issues exist

UFC women’s featherweight champ Germaine de Randamie isn’t retiring, according to her manager, but she is dealing with some issues behind the scenes.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

'Jacare' Souza opts for surgery, recovery timetable not immediately clear

Following a disappointing TKO loss to Robert Whittaker earlier this month, UFC middleweight contender Ronaldo Souza opted for surgery and will be on the shelf for the next few months.Filed under: New read news >>

The UFC wished Al Iaquinta happy birthday, and the replies were absolutely priceless

F-bombing your boss isn’t generally recommended as the wisest career choice, but for Al Iaquinta, it seems to be working out just fine.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Dana White, Forrest Griffin take CNN on tour of new UFC headquarters

While the full campus isn’t quite open just yet, UFC employees recently made the move into the company’s impressive new headquarters in Las Vegas, and CNN cameras were invited in for a sneak peek of read news >>

Heavyweight contender Francis Ngannou relocates to Las Vegas

Fast-rising heavyweight star Francis Ngannou has moved to the U.S. in hopes of furthering his career.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Michael Johnson training for July return, hopes to fight at UFC 213

Three months ago, UFC lightweight Michael Johnson sat for an in-studio interview with MMAjunkie Radio and haggled for a big fight.Filed under: Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Remember When Frankie Edgar KO'd Chad Mendes? Watch It Again | MMAWeekly.com

Remember when Frankie Edgar knocked out Chad Mendes? No? Let us refresh your memory. Watch it again! read news >>

Twitter Mailbag: What do ESPN cuts mean for UFC's TV deal hopes?

Do cost-cutting measures at ESPN mean bad news for the UFC’s hopes of a lucrative new TV deal? Did Paige VanZant cross a line with her homemade Reebok commercial? Is Anderson Silva brave or crazy? Al read news >>

Al Iaquinta Takes UFC Beef to a New Level: 'Cut Me You Sissies!' | MMAWeekly.com

If he wasn't clear enough already, Al Iaquinta made his stance with the UFC crystal clear on Thursday. read news >>