SACRAMENTO, Calif. – The pre-event news conference for this week’s UFC on FOX 9 event took place today, and if you missed out, you can get all the highlights here from MMAjunkie’s live coverage of the media and fan event.

UFC on FOX 9 takes place Saturday at Sleep Train Arena in Sacramento, Calif. Attendees at today’s news conference included UFC President Dana White and fighters Demetrious Johnson, Joseph Benavidez, Urijah Faber, Michael McDonald, Chad Mendes, Nik Lentz, Joe Lauzon and Mac Danzig.

For complete coverage of UFC on FOX 9, stay tuned to the UFC Rumors section of the site.

Matt Erickson December 12, 20134:17 pm

UFC boss Dana White is in the building. Talks about how the UFC is glad
to be back in Sac-town. To open up, MMAjunkie’s John Morgan asks White
if the flyweight division is getting the respect it deserves. White says
he thinks it is, and lauds the rematch between champion Demetrious
Johnson and onetime challenger Joseph Benavidez.

Matt Erickson December 12, 20134:18 pm
It makes me think I can win a lot of money. I don't care what the odds say. I know I'm going to win. When it comes to the fight, I'm going to win and I've never been in better shape, never been more confident, and I can't wait for Saturday. ">

Featherweight Nik Lentz is asked if he feels disrespected being such a big underdog to Chad Mendes. “It makes me think I can win a lot of money. I don’t care what the odds say. I know I’m going to win. When it comes to the fight, I’m going to win and I’ve never been in better shape, never been more confident, and I can’t wait for Saturday.

Matt Erickson December 12, 20134:19 pm

Dana is asked if he’s considered the winners of any of Saturday’s fights as potential coaches on Season 20 of “The Ultimate Fighter.” But the UFC president says they haven’t even remotely considered who will coach the all-women’s strawweight edition of the show yet – they need to get through Season 19 first before they start to figure that one out.

Matt Erickson December 12, 20134:20 pm

Joseph Benavidez says he’s only watched his first fight with Demetrious Johnson one time – the night of the fight, after UFC 152, when he lost a split decision. Said he went to his room, saw a link and decided to “just get this over with” and watched it then, but not since. But he says the first one was good, and he believes this rematch will be just as good.

Matt Erickson December 12, 20134:21 pm

Benavidez says there’s no pressure fighting in Sacramento. Instead, fighting with the hometown atmosphere, he just has “a greater amount of support.”

Matt Erickson December 12, 20134:22 pm

Mac Danzig says he’s really happy to have his fight with Joe Lauzon bumped up to the main card when Carlos Condit-Matt Brown fell off. “We get to showcase our skills to even more people. But just fighting in the UFC alone, whether you’re the first event on the prelims or the main event of a pay-per-view, it’s about the fight itself and the moment itself. It doesn’t change my focus or the way I’m going into this. I’m going in 110 percent no matter what, and I’m just happy to be here.”

Matt Erickson December 12, 20134:24 pm

Danzig drops a bit of a bombshell when he says he’s managing himself, and doesn’t have any sponsors for this fight. He wanted “to do things on my own this time. Maybe it’s silly to blow off money, but I’m happy to be a part of the UFC.” Danzig says he was tired of being just someone to have a sponsor slap a logo on his butt and not care about him.

Matt Erickson December 12, 20134:26 pm

“It’s about damn time, for sure, that I got some attention.” – Nik Lentz comments on his fight with Chad Mendes, and isn’t sure why people think Mendes will knock him out. Mendes counters and says that if he doesn’t knock him out, he’ll be all over him the whole fight – which elicits some major eye rolling from Lentz.

Matt Erickson December 12, 20134:29 pm

Joe Lauzon has 12 bonus wins in the UFC, including five “Fight of the Night” victories. But he tells MMAjunkie’s John Morgan that he’s not out there trying to get a bonus check.

“I don’t try to get ‘Fight of the Night.’ Ever. Almost every time I’ve gotten ‘Fight of the Night,’ it’s been on a losing effort. I try to finish people quick and have exciting fights. But most importantly, I’m trying to win. I’m not trying to have a three-round war with my head caved in. I’m not getting caught up in the bonus money – I just want to win.”

For the record, Lauzon is 1-4 in bouts he gets “Fight of the Night” in, with the lone win coming … wait for it … wait for it … on FOX, when he submitted Jamie Varner and got a second bonus for “Submission of the Night.”

Matt Erickson December 12, 20134:30 pm

Michael McDonald says he and Urijah Faber both have strengths. “He’s going to get me with what he’s trying to do, and I’m going to get him with what I’m trying to do, and the person who can get through those things and endure will come out on top. I don’t really know what’s going to happen, but I know I’m going to hit him, he’s probably going to hit me, and we’re just going to see what happens, I guess.”

Matt Erickson December 12, 20134:33 pm

Chad Mendes admits he doesn’t like Nik Lentz – “his demeanor, the way he thinks he’s going to run through me. He’s cocky, and I just don’t like it.” Says Lentz hasn’t fought anyone of Mendes’ caliber, and “he’s going to fight someone who’s a true No. 1 contender and he’s going to feel it.”

Lentz said he was confident, or he wouldn’t have taken the fight. He had the option, he says, to opt out of the fight, but why else would he take it if he wasn’t confident he could win?

Matt Erickson December 12, 20134:35 pm

Dana White says he love sit that Nik Lentz wanted to step up to fight Chad Mendes. “Good job, Nik – I love it.”

Matt Erickson December 12, 20134:37 pm

Chad Mendes: “I’m hoping I go out there and put on a great statement and (a fight with champ Jose Aldo) is next. But that’s up to (Dana White).”

Matt Erickson December 12, 20134:40 pm

Dana White says about 46 percent of the UFC’s fanbase now is women. “There are situations now where I’ll meet people and they say, ‘My wife got me into the UFC.’”

Matt Erickson December 12, 20134:43 pm

Urijah Faber rattles off some other Team Alpha Male fighters who aren’t yet in the UFC, and has a list that includes Alex Sandoval and Lance Palmer.

Matt Erickson December 12, 20134:44 pm

Dana White wraps things up, and they’ll quickly tear down the stage for fighter faceoffs. Stay tuned … Lentz-Mendes could be fun.

Matt Erickson December 12, 20134:48 pm
Chad Mendes and Nik Lentz's faceoff was less heated than a couple moments in the news conference between them. ">

Chad Mendes and Nik Lentz’s faceoff was less heated than a couple moments in the news conference between them.

Matt Erickson December 12, 20134:53 pm
Joe Lauzon and Mac Danzig">

Joe Lauzon and Mac Danzig

Matt Erickson December 12, 20134:54 pm
Urijah Faber and Michael McDonald">

Urijah Faber and Michael McDonald

Matt Erickson December 12, 20134:54 pm
Flyweight champion Demetrious Johnson and Joseph Benavidez, your UFC on FOX 10 main event on Saturday night from Sleep Train Arena in Sacramento. ">

Matt Erickson December 12, 20134:58 pm

That’s a wrap from the UFC on FOX 10 pre-fight news conference. Make sure to keep it tuned to MMAjunkie through the rest of the week and the weekend for tons of coverage from UFC on FOX 10. Then don’t miss the fights on Saturday on FOX (8 p.m. ET), FOX Sports 1 (5 p.m. ET) and MMAjunkie (4:30 p.m. ET).

In addition, make sure to follow us on Facebook (http://on.fb.me/1hPCRKZ), Twitter (http://twitter.com/mmajunkie) and download our mobile app for all the latest MMA news.

Watch the UFC Fight Night 88 Post-Fight Press Conference Shortly After the Main Event

Watch the UFC Fight Night 88: Almeida vs. Garbradt Post-Fight Press Conference shortly after the conclusion of the main event between Thomas Almeida and Cody Garbrandt. read news >>

UFC Fight Night 88 Post-Fight Press Conference Video Replay

Following the conclusion of UFC Fight Night 88, several of the winners from the special Memorial Day Weekend event fielded questions from the media. read news >>

UFC 199: Rockhold vs. Bisping Pre-Fight Press Conference Video Replay

Watch the replay of the UFC 199 pre-fight press conference. Dana White tried to hold things together as the main and co-main event fighters lobbed verbal bombs. read news >>

Watch the UFC 199: Rockhold vs. Bisping Pre-Fight Press Conference, Streaming Live at 4 pm ET

Watch the UFC 199: Rockhold vs. Bisping 2 pre-fight press conference, streaming live on MMAWeekly.com on Thursday at 4 p.m. ET / 1 p.m. PT. read news >>

Watch the UFC 199 Post-Fight Press Conference Streaming Live Shortly Following the Event

Watch the post-fight press conference for UFC 199: Rockhold vs Bisping streaming live from The Forum in Los Angeles shortly following the event. read news >>

VIDEO: Michael Bisping and Luke Rockhold Confrontation After UFC 199 Press Conference

Michael Bisping tried to shake hands with Luke Rockhold before exiting the post-fight press conference, but he would have none of it and things got heated. read news >>

UFC 199 Rockhold vs. Bisping 2 Post-Fight Press Conference Video Replay

The big winners and marquee names from the UFC 199: Rockhold vs. Bisping 2 fight card fielded questions from the media following Saturday's event. read news >>

UFC 199 Video: Dominick Cruz and Urijah Faber Rivalry Spills Over to Post-Fight Press Conference

The bitter rivalry between bantamweight champion Dominick Cruz and Urijah Faber spilled over to the UFC 199 post-fight press conference on Saturday. read news >>

TBT Video: Brock Lesnar Admits That He’s a Sore Loser at UFC 100 Press Conference

Take a look back at Brock Lesnar admitting that he's a sore loser during the UFC 100 post-fight press conference at the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas in July 2009. read news >>

Watch the UFC Fight Night 89: MacDonald vs. Thompson Post-Fight Press Conference Live Following the Event

Watch the UFC Fight Night 89: MacDonald vs. Thompson post-fight press conference streaming live from TD Place Arena in Ottawa shortly following tonight's event. read news >>