Michael Bisping returns in April for what will be his first fight in nearly a year.

“The Count,” considered the best fighter in UFC history from the United Kingdom, has been sidelined following eye surgery. Bisping (24-5 MMA, 14-5 UFC) headlines the TUF Nations Finale on April 16 against Tim Kennedy (17-4 MMA, 2-0 UFC) in his first fight since a win over Alan Belcher at UFC 159.

Prior to learning he had been cleared to return, Bisping sat down with England’s BT Sport to talk about his eye troubles, his road to recovery – and the very candid details about his knockout loss to Dan Henderson at UFC 100 four and a half years ago.

“After the fight, I don’t remember anything,” Bisping said. “I remember being in the showers and I didn’t have a clue what was going on. I was saying to my manager at the time, ‘I can’t be knocked out ’cause I’m not fighting for another two months. What the hell are you talking about?’ And then these people come and go, ‘Michael, we need to take you to the hospital.’

“I’m like, ‘I’m not going to the hospital,’ and then I’d say again, ‘What’s going on?’ I’d just keep repeating myself. In my mind, I thought I was there to corner somebody, and I had been convinced to step in on short notice to fight. That’s what was going on in my head.”

Check out the full interview above. Then don’t miss Bisping vs. Kennedy on April 16 at the TUF Nations Finale, which has a main card on FOX Sports 1.

For more on TUF Nations Finale, check out the UFC Rumors section of the site.

Michael Bisping Announces Fight with Dan Henderson in Manchester

Though the UFC has yet to make it official, Michael Bisping took it upon himself to announce his title defense against Dan Henderson. read news >>

Michael Bisping Expects Dan Henderson to 'Cheat' in Reported Rematch at UFC 204

UFC middleweight champion Michael Bisping is expecting Dan Henderson to “cheat” in their rumoured rematch. According to MMA Fighting’s Ariel Helwani, Bisping will face the veteran on October 8 in a r read news >>

Michael Bisping vs. Dan Henderson II Announced: Latest Details and Reaction

Michael Bisping will put his UFC middleweight title on the line in his home town of Manchester against veteran Dan Henderson on October 8. The fight will headline UFC 204 and was confirmed by the UFC read news >>

UFC 204: Bisping vs. Henderson 2 Press Conference Video Replay

The headliners of UFC 204, Michael Bisping and Dan Henderson, fielded questions from the media on Friday in Las Vegas. read news >>

Dan Henderson to Retire After UFC 204: Latest Comments and Reaction

UFC's Dan Henderson announced Friday that his fight against Michael Bisping at UFC 204 on Oct. 8 will be the final one of his career, via ESPN.com's Arash Markazi. Henderson is 32-14 in his career an read news >>

Bisping seeks vengeance, Hendo wants to leave with belt

Middleweight champ Michael Bisping will defend his title for the first time at home in Manchester, England on Saturday, October 8 when he takes on MMA icon Dan Henderson in the main event of UFC 204. read news >>

UFC 204: Bisping vs. Hendo is Official; Includes Belfort vs. Mousasi and Struve vs. Magomedov

The all-but-confirmed UFC 204 headlining bout between Michael Bisping and Dan Henderson is now confirmed, as are several other UFC 204 bouts. read news >>

Watch the UFC 204: Bisping vs. Henderson 2 Press Conference Streaming Live at 5 PM ET

Watch as the stars of UFC 204, Michael Bisping and Dan Henderson, field questions from the media on Friday at 5 p.m. ET, live from Las Vegas. read news >>

UFC's Era of Money (and Moneyweight) Fights Has Begun, and There's No Going Back

Shortly after Michael Bisping realized his career-long goal of capturing the UFC middleweight championship, the question of who he might fight next followed. It is a simple and obvious one, almost ma read news >>