Michael Bisping returns in April for what will be his first fight in nearly a year.

“The Count,” considered the best fighter in UFC history from the United Kingdom, has been sidelined following eye surgery. Bisping (24-5 MMA, 14-5 UFC) headlines the TUF Nations Finale on April 16 against Tim Kennedy (17-4 MMA, 2-0 UFC) in his first fight since a win over Alan Belcher at UFC 159.

Prior to learning he had been cleared to return, Bisping sat down with England’s BT Sport to talk about his eye troubles, his road to recovery – and the very candid details about his knockout loss to Dan Henderson at UFC 100 four and a half years ago.

“After the fight, I don’t remember anything,” Bisping said. “I remember being in the showers and I didn’t have a clue what was going on. I was saying to my manager at the time, ‘I can’t be knocked out ’cause I’m not fighting for another two months. What the hell are you talking about?’ And then these people come and go, ‘Michael, we need to take you to the hospital.’

“I’m like, ‘I’m not going to the hospital,’ and then I’d say again, ‘What’s going on?’ I’d just keep repeating myself. In my mind, I thought I was there to corner somebody, and I had been convinced to step in on short notice to fight. That’s what was going on in my head.”

Check out the full interview above. Then don’t miss Bisping vs. Kennedy on April 16 at the TUF Nations Finale, which has a main card on FOX Sports 1.

For more on TUF Nations Finale, check out the UFC Rumors section of the site.

UFC 198 Free Fight: Vitor Belfort Knocks Out Michael Bisping

Vitor Belfort is 6-0 in Brazil while fighting in the UFC. Belfort looks to remain unbeaten in his home country when he faces Jacare Souza in the co-main event at UFC 198. read news >>

Injury Forces Chris Weidman Out of UFC 199 Bout, Michael Bisping Willing to Step In

Chris Weidman is out of his rematch with Luke Rockhold at UFC 199, but Michael Bisping quickly let it be known that he is prepared to step in and take his place. read news >>

Michael Bisping Replaces Chris Weidman at UFC 199: Latest Comments, Reaction

UFC has found a replacement for the injured Chris Weidman at UFC 199, as Michael Bisping will challenge Luke Rockhold on June 4, per Lance Pugmire of the Los Angeles Times. Per Jason Floyd of the MMA read news >>

Michael Bisping Gets the Call to Fight Luke Rockhold at UFC 199

It won't be the initially planned rematch at UFC 199, but Michael Bisping got the call from the UFC to step in and face Luke Rockhold on short notice in Los Angeles. read news >>

Michael Bisping gets UFC 199 title shot following Chris Weidman injury

Michael Bisping is stepping in for the injured Chris Weidman to face champion Luke Rockhold for the middleweight championship at UFC 199 in Los Angeles on June 4. read news >>

Michael Bisping on finally getting his title shot: 'I believe this is my destiny' (Yahoo Sports)

From Yahoo Sports: Bisping is quickly closing in on UFC history. So why doesn't he get much respect in the sport? read news >>

Michael Bisping Talks Luke Rockhold, Anderson Silva Ahead of UFC 199 Title Fight

Michael Bisping thinks “destiny” has handed him the chance to become the UFC middleweight champion as he gears up to face Luke Rockhold on June 4 at UFC 199. An injury to Chris Weidman left the main read news >>

VIDEO: Luke Rockhold and Michael Bisping Mud-Slinging Starts… Now!

Middleweight champion Luke Rockhold and Michael Bisping got into a heated war of words on UFC Tonight. Check out the video. read news >>

Uriah Hall Says Luke Rockhold Made ‘Smart Move’ Accepting Fight with Michael Bisping Instead of Him

Uriah Hall offered to step in and fight Luke Rockhold at UFC 199. Not getting the call, he said Rockhold made the right choice to avoid him and go with Michael Bisping. read news >>