Following his finish of John Moraga at UFC on Fox 8 on Saturday night, Demetrious Johnson is already looking forward to his next in-cage appearance.

While “Mighty Mouse” asserted his happiness to continue defending his UFC flyweight title, Johnson (Pictured, file photo) also said he is game for another kind of fight.

“I’ve beaten the best of the best in the flyweight division, but there are still up-and-coming fighters in there. I know there are some key matchups coming up pretty soon,” Johnson said at the post-fight press conference.

“There are still a couple of flyweights out there I haven’t fought, and I wouldn’t mind fighting them -- whatever the UFC wants me to do. I think everybody was focused on Anderson Silva and [Georges St. Pierre], but I think we can make some fun superfights down in the lighter weight divisions with the flyweights fighting the bantamweights. Let’s see what happens. I’m just here to fight and have fun and put on a good performance for the UFC and the fans.”

Johnson, who has also beaten Joseph Benavidez, Ian McCall and Jon Dodson since joining the UFC’s nascent flyweight division last year, put forth arguably the most impressive performance of his career tonight at Seattle’s KeyArena by submitting Moraga in the fifth round. After using his wrestling to control Moraga for the majority of the 25-minute contest, Johnson tapped his larger challenger with a last-minute armbar to retain his belt, marking the champ’s first stoppage win in the UFC.

“My job in the gym is to train to finish. I was trying to finish him in the first round with a guillotine, and then I had opportunities with the kimura. Then in the fifth round, even though I was ahead on the scorecards, I’m never just relaxing and trying to coast. My job is to finish and push the pace. [The opportunity] arose, and I just took it,” said Johnson. “I’m just trying to evolve my game. I’m a white belt in jiu-jitsu, so I’m just using my wrestling to get to a position where I can use the submission. It just so happened that the opportunity was there. Usually when I fight guys, they shell up.”

Despite his masterful performance, Johnson gave credit to Moraga, who gamely fought out of Johnson’s prior submission attempts and top control.

“John Moraga was doing a good job,” said Johnson. “Out of all the people I’ve fought, he’s the one who showed up in shape and never gassed out. He was always there, every single round. He’s a tough guy.”

Bellator 154: Davis vs. King Mo Fight Card Complete with Two New Main Card Bouts

The Bellator 154: Davis vs. King Mo fight card has been finalized with the addition of two new main card bouts. read news >>

Colleen Schneider Knows She Has to Do Damage to Take the Invicta Title from Tonya Evinger

Colleen Schneider knows that in addition to her skill, she needs to be aggressive and do damage to take the belt from Invicta FC champ Tonya Evinger. read news >>

TUF 24 to Feature 16 Champions Vying for a Shot at Demetrious Johnson

The Ultimate Fighter 24 will feature 16 flyweight champions from other promotions around the world. read news >>

Demetrious Johnson, UFC Agree on New Contract: Details, Comments, Reaction

Flyweight champion Demetrious Johnson has agreed to a new eight-fight contract with UFC, ensuring he'll continue his dominant title run with the company. As shared by Ariel Helwani of MMAFighting.com read news >>

Flyweight Champ Demetrious Johnson Inks New 8-Fight UFC Deal

Flyweight champion Demetrious Johnson has signed a new, eight-fight deal with the UFC. The 29-year-old broke the news on Monday during an appearance on The MMA Hour. read news >>

Demetrious Johnson, UFC Agree on New Contract: Details, Comments, Reaction

Is New Free Agent Will Brooks a Good Addition to Stacked UFC Lightweight Roster?

Will Brooks has been released by Bellator. But this isn't just any release. Brooks was Bellator's reigning lightweight champion. The 29-year-old hasn't lost in more than three years. Bleacher Report read news >>

Demetrious Johnson to Make Surprise Title Defense at UFC 201 in Atlanta

UFC flyweight champion Demetrious Johnson has his next title defense set for UFC 201 in Atlanta. read news >>

Jon Jones, Demetrious Johnson, and Conor McGregor Make SI’s Top 50 Fittest Male Athletes

Sports Illustrated released their list of the top 50 fittest male athletes, and three UFC fighters made the cut, including Jon Jones, who cracked the top five. read news >>

Former UFC Fighter Diego Brandao Suspended by Nevada Commission in Addition to USADA

The Nevada Athletic Commission on Wednesday suspended and fined former UFC featherweight Diego Brandao for a drug test that was positive marijuana. read news >>