All the fighters from this past weekend’s UFC 158 event avoided lengthy medical suspensions following the show.
The event took place this past Saturday, March 16, at Montreal’s Bell Centre, and UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre scored a decision victory over Nick Diaz in the pay-per-view headliner.
MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) today obtained the list of medical suspensions from Régie des alcools des courses et des jeux (Quebec’s athletic commission). Disclosed paydays/salaries for the event won’t be released.
Only Nate Marquardt, who suffered a knockout loss to fellow welterweight Jake Ellenberger on the main card, received a suspension of more than 45 days. He’s been issued a mandatory rest period of 60 days.
The commission also issued 45-day layoffs to preliminary-card fighters Daron Cruickshank, Issei Tamura and Reuben Duran. All of the fighters suffered losses.
The full list of medical suspensions included:
- Georges St-Pierre: 28-day suspension
- Nick Diaz: 28-day suspension
- Johny Hendricks: 14-day suspension
- Carlos Condit: 14-day suspension
- Jake Ellenberger: seven-day suspension
- Nate Marquardt: 60-day medical suspension
- Chris Camozzi: 14-day suspension
- Nick Ring: 14-day suspension
- Mike Ricci: 14-day suspension
- Colin Fletcher: 14-day suspension
- Patrick Cote: 14-day suspension
- Bobby Voelker: 14-day suspension
- Darren Elkins: seven-day suspension
- Antonio Carvalho: 30-day medical suspension
- Jordan Mein: seven-day suspension
- Dan Miller: 30-day medical suspension
- John Makdessi: 14-day suspension
- Daron Cruickshank: 45-day medical suspension
- Rick Story: seven-day suspension
- Quinn Mulhern: 30-day medical suspension
- T.J. Dillashaw: seven-day suspension
- Issei Tamura: 45-day medical suspension
- George Roop: 14-day suspension
- Reuben Duran: 45-day medical suspension
For complete coverage of UFC 158, stay tuned to the UFC Events section of the site.
(Pictured: Nate Marquardt)