On Saturday night, Tyrone Spong will compete in a different kind of fight.

The accomplished heavyweight kickboxer will make his mixed martial arts debut at 205 pounds against nine-fight pro Travis Bartlett (pictured, left) at the World Series of Fighting’s inaugural event at the Planet Hollywood Resort and Casino in Las Vegas. Spong’s bout, along with the rest of the main card, airs live on NBC Sports Network. Meanwhile, the preliminary proceedings stream immediately prior on Sherdog.com.

Despite Spong’s Nov. 3 showdown with Bartlett serving as his foray under mixed rules, Spong, 27, says he feels no pressure in transitioning from kickboxing to MMA.

“I’m very happy to be here. I like challenges,” Spong said at Thursday’s pre-fight press conference. “I’ve achieved a lot in kickboxing, and I just needed something new. I came to the states and trained with a lot of MMA guys and thought I’d give it a chance. [There is] no pressure. I believe in myself, and I’m doing this for myself. Of course, I would like to put on a great fight for the fans and the people who stand behind me, but I’m just looking forward to this Saturday.”

One of the fighters with which the Surinamese-born Dutchman has trained is Anthony Johnson, a fellow member of the Florida-based Blackzilians camp. Known to most fans as “Rumble,” Johnson formerly competed for the UFC at 170 pounds and now makes his WSOF debut as a light heavyweight against Bellator veteran D.J. Linderman. According to Spong and Johnson, their collaboration in training has proved fruitful for both parties.

“I’ve benefited a lot from training with Anthony,” Spong said. “He’s experienced and has a good wrestling background. Everybody knows I need to work on my ground game. For him to work with me and point out the things I need to work on, I have benefited a lot.”

Spong likely hopes to use those newfound wrestling skills to keep the fight standing, where he should -- on paper, at least -- outclass his opponent. However, Bartlett -- a heavy-handed southpaw -- says that if Spong wants to go toe-to-toe, he will oblige the highly-regarded striker. According to the American, he will try to take Spong down only if the kickboxer keeps his distance and looks to attack primarily with leg kicks.

“I have no secrets. I fight one way,” said Bartlett. “If he wants to see who can own the real estate, I’m [in]. If he’s playing the leg kick game, then I’m going to have to pressure him and go for shots. But if he wants to go mano-a-mano in the middle of the cage, I’m up for it.”

Khabib Nurmagomedov ‘Got Used’ to Make Conor McGregor vs. Eddie Alvarez | MMAWeekly.com

Khabib Nurmagomedov feels like he got used to get Conor McGregor and Eddie Alvarez "get on their knees and beg." read news >>

Nate Diaz Talks Eddie Alvarez vs. Conor McGregor, Dana White Ahead of UFC 205

UFC lightweight contender Nate Diaz has called out president Dana White, as well as lightweight champion Eddie Alvarez and featherweight king Conor McGregor following the announcement the two will me read news >>

Jeremy Stephens Calls Conor McGregor 'Ginger Crackhead' After UFC 205 Presser

UFC featherweight contender Jeremy Stephens has taken a shot at champion Conor McGregor ahead of UFC 205 on November 12, saying he'll fight the Notorious any day and labeling him a “ginger crackhead. read news >>

Alexander Volkov signs with UFC, faces Timothy Johnson at UFN 99

Longtime Bellator MMA fighter Alexander Volkov has made the transition to the UFC and will debut against Timothy Johnson at UFC Fight Night 99.There's been many Bellator MMA fighters who have ma read news >>

Eddie Alvarez Comments on Conor McGregor Ahead of UFC 205 Title Fight

UFC lightweight champion Eddie Alvarez has said he’ll do whatever he wants to Conor McGregor when the two men meet at UFC 205. The pair will battle it out in New York on November 12 in one of the yea read news >>

Weigh-In: John Dodson vs. John Lineker - UFC Fight Night

Watch John 'Hands of Stone' Lineker and John 'The Magician' Dodson weigh-in ahead of their UFC Fight Night match-up in Portland, Oregon. read news >>

Elizeu Zaleski dos Santos not worried about travel adjustments ahead of UFC Fight Night 96

Elizeu Zaleski dos Santos is a finisher. With 14 finishes in 15 career victories, he’s planning to score another knockout when he faces Keita Nakamura at UFC Fight Night 96.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Alex Oliveira feels disrespected after beating Will Brooks | UFC Fight Night

Hear from Alex Oliveira after his win over Will Brooks at UFC Fight Night in Portland, Oregon. read news >>

Undefeated WSOF Champ Justin Gaethje Focused on Quicker Finishes | MMAWeekly.com

Having racked up a spotless 16-0 record, WSOF champ Justin Gaethje is now focused on getting out of the cage quicker. read news >>

For Vinny Magalhaes, WSOF Title Fight with David Branch is Now or Never | MMAWeekly.com

Vinny Magalhaes entire MMA career could, quite literally, hang in the balance of his WSOF 33 title fight with David Branch on Friday night. read news >>