Fresh off a vicious knockout of Jay Hieron in his UFC debut on Saturday, Tyron Woodley is hoping for a busy year in the Octagon.

In fact, he’s already told UFC President Dana White that he’ll be available if someone drops out of the March 16 showdown between Carlos Condit and Rory MacDonald. It’s MacDonald in particular that Woodley has his eye on.

“I want to fight him,” Woodley told the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Beatdown” show. “If anything happens with Carlos Condit, God forbid, or something happens with that fight, I already told Dana White.”

It’s not that Woodley thinks the highly touted MacDonald is a slouch. Rather, now is the time to beat him, in Woodley’s view.

“Nobody’s calling him out for a reason,” Woodley said. “Because he’s freaking unreal. But if you wait, you think he’s going to stop getting better? In two years, this kid’s probably going to be one of the best fighters in the game. I’d rather knock his butt off now like I knocked off [Tarec Saffiedine’s] just before he got the Strikeforce gold.”

There has also been some discussion among fans of a matchup between Woodley and fellow UFC 156 winner Demian Maia, who outgrappled and outpointed Jon Fitch on Saturday. Woodley isn’t too interested, though.

“Everybody’s been Tweeting about it,” he said. “I don’t mind the fight. If he fights me the way he fought Fitch, then it’s not that dangerous of a fight. He just took him down and jumped on his back.”

Maia’s ability to take down Fitch didn’t surprise or impress Woodley, who said the canvas was “super slippery.”

“There was almost no traction and no way to defend,” Woodley said. “When [Maia] got on [Fitch’s] back, he just had no answer for it. I think Demian Maia’s tough. He just didn’t really impress me very much. I think if you match us up, it’s going to be a boring fight and we’re both going to get hella flak. I would rather fight [Nick] Diaz, Rory MacDonald, Condit. I would rather fight one of those guys, to be honest. They’re going to bring out the fight. They’re going to make me fight harder.”

Regardless of whom he fights next, Woodley believes he’ll eventually end up at the top.

“I’m not running from trying to earn it,” he said. “I’m not running from taking the fights. I’ll get there. I think definitely my talent level is definitely top 10. I think my thirst and hunger wants to fight the top five.”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 1:02:24).

UFC 207's Dong Hyun Kim still calling out Demian Maia, hopes to steal title shot

LAS VEGAS – For a guy whose last three fights were marred by opponent changes and withdrawals, a short-notice booking with oft-injured opponent would be cause for concern.Filed under: Featured Videos read news >>

Want a Michael Bisping-Tyron Woodley 180-pound superfight? The lads say they're down

UFC middleweight champion Michael Bisping and welterweight titleholder Tyron Woodley don’t have their next title defenses booked – even though they may have challengers who likely are next in line. C read news >>

Champ Tyron Woodley: Stephen Thompson has 'got under my skin so much' ahead of UFC 209 rematch

Stephen Thompson wasn’t the first choice of opponent for Tyron Woodley at UFC 209. However, Thompson’s now the one the reigning UFC welterweight champion wants to fight most.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Michael Bisping just threw a wrench in fellow UFC champ Tyron Woodley's plans

For the first time in his career, UFC welterweight champ Tyron Woodley is in high demand. All sorts of opponents are clamoring to fight him, and he’s determined to get the biggest matchup possible.Fi read news >>

Welterweight champ Tyron Woodley rematch with Stephen Thompson set for UFC 209

UFC welterweight champ [autotag]Tyron Woodley[/autotag] weighed his options, but ultimately "Wonderboy" will get his rematch. Woodley today announced on his podcast, "The Morning Wood Show," that he' read news >>

Tyron Woodley Reveals UFC 209 Title Defense | MMAWeekly.com

After fighting Stephen Thompson to a draw at UFC 205 in November, welterweight champion Tyron Woodley on Monday revealed the next defense of his title. read news >>

Stephen Thompson: UFC champ Tyron Woodley hasn't seen the best 'Wonderboy'

Stephen “Wonderboy” Thompson has his rematch with UFC welterweight champion Tyron Woodley. Now, what is he going to do with it?Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Woodley-Wonderboy 2 set for UFC 209 main event

Following their instant classic last November, UFC welterweight champion Tyron Woodley and No. 1 contender Stephen "Wonderboy" Thompson will meet again on Mar. 4 to settle the score in the main event read news >>

Champ Tyron Woodley threatens to give shot to Demian Maia over 'entitled' Stephen Thompson

On Sunday former title challenger Stephen Thompson took to Twitter to put in yet another public request for a rematch with UFC champion Tyron Woodley. The champ, of course, couldn’t just let it slide read news >>

Classy Demian Maia has – of course – a classy response to UFC 209's welterweight title fight

With his long-awaited title shot once again postponed, welterweight contender and notorious class act Demian Maia reacted to UFC 209’s championship booking with what looks like an incredibly polite T read news >>