After five long years without visiting to Brazil, Thiago Silva finally has an appointment to return to his homeland.

On June 8, Silva will face former Strikeforce light heavyweight champion Rafael “Feijao” Cavalcante at UFC on Fuel TV 10 “Nogueira vs. Werdum” in Fortaleza, Ceara. In a recent interview with Sherdog.com, Silva welcomed the opportunity to fight at home, but admitted he might have chosen a different opponent.

“The choice of location was excellent,” said the 30-year-old. “It’s very cool to fight in Brazil again. I haven’t visited for five years and haven’t fought there for seven. As for the opponent, since the fight is in Brazil, I would prefer an American, but work is work. I’ll give my best. Rafael is tough and it’s going to be a great show. It’ll be a brawl.”

With both 205-pounders known for their striking -- Silva and Cavalcante have a combined 21 stoppages in 25 wins -- Silva said the fight could be a slugfest.

“I know Rafael personally. He’s a tough fighter, a striker, like me, and we both have heavy hands. I don’t know if I’ll knock him out or submit him, but I want to win. It will be a war,” Silva enthused.

Silva and Cavalcante both hail from the state of Sao Paulo, so Paulo Sarasate Gymnasium in Fortaleza will be a “neutral ground.” However, Silva believes that the Brazilian crowd will expect action in the fight and will root for whoever is more aggressive.

“When I heard from my manager [Glenn Robinson], that the fight would be against Feijao in Fortaleza, I knew it would be a neutral venue, but it will be nice to hear the crowd. I’ve traveled the world and there’s nothing similar to the Brazilian fans,” Silva said. “I get a shiver just thinking about it.”

Even after twice being suspended for doping, and without a win since 2009, when he knocked out Keith Jardine, Silva does not feel that his job with the UFC is on the line.

“Actually, I don’t feel threatened,” said Silva. “I haven’t won in four fights, but the UFC treats me very well, despite the doping. I work very hard and put on a show, because nobody wants to see a lukewarm fight. I’ll avoid making mistakes and will look for the win, as always.”

Silva also praised his team, Florida’s Blackzilians camp, where he works alongside the likes of Vitor Belfort, Alistair Overeem and Rashad Evans.

“It’s a team of stars, but without stardom,” Silva laughed. “Inside the ring, we’re all common people, from the least famous to the most famous. There’s no special treatment. I spar with Overeem, Belfort, Tyrone Spong, Rashad, Anthony Johnson, not to mention the coaches. I have great resources available and I’m enjoying it.”

TJ Dillashaw: 'Every Opponent Should Be Worried' (UFC 207 Video) | MMAWeekly.com

Former champion TJ Dillashaw looks to establish himself as the top contender when he takes on No. 2 ranked bantamweight John Lineker at UFC 207. read news >>

Mark Hunt Agrees to Face Alistair Overeem With Conditions | MMAWeekly.com

Despite his outstanding issues with the UFC, Mark Hunt has agreed to return to the Octagon to face Alistair Overeem. read news >>

UFC 207 lineup finalized again: Louis Smolka vs. Ray Borg opens main card on pay-per-view

With the promotion apparently unable to find a replacement opponent for Jessica Andrade, the main card for UFC 207 next week has a new configuration.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Ronda Rousey's Warrior Code (UFC 207 Video) | MMAWeekly.com

Before her highly anticipated return to the octagon, former champion Ronda Rousey reminds us why she fights, the nerves involved, and her plans for the future. read news >>

Yancy Medeiros meets Li Jingliang at UFC on FOX 23 in Denver

The UFC’s January return to the “Mile High City” continues to fill up with the addition of a welterweight fight. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC 207 preview: A closer look at Ronda Rousey's career statistics

Go inside the career stats of former UFC women’s bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey, who returns next week in an attempt to reclaim the title she once held. Filed under: Featured, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Manager explains why Max Holloway isn't fighting Jose Aldo at UFC 208

Max Holloway and Jose Aldo won’t be fighting to unify the UFC featherweight championship at UFC 208. That much is clear.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Max Holloway Comments on Jose Aldo, Not Fighting at UFC 208

UFC fighter Max Holloway saw Jose Aldo's Tuesday interview with Ariel Helwani of MMA Fighting and wasn't happy about it. Aldo said Holloway knew they were supposed to fight at UFC 208 in Brooklyn, Ne read news >>

Carlos Diego Ferreira Accepts Suspension for UFC Anti-Doping Violation | MMAWeekly.com

USADA announced on Wednesday that UFC lightweight Carlos Diego Ferreira has accepted a 17-month sanction for an anti-doping policy violation. read news >>

2016 By the Numbers

Go inside the numbers for the entire year of 2016, from UFC 200 to the debut in New York at UFC 205 - we cover it all. read news >>