After five long years without visiting to Brazil, Thiago Silva finally has an appointment to return to his homeland.

On June 8, Silva will face former Strikeforce light heavyweight champion Rafael “Feijao” Cavalcante at UFC on Fuel TV 10 “Nogueira vs. Werdum” in Fortaleza, Ceara. In a recent interview with Sherdog.com, Silva welcomed the opportunity to fight at home, but admitted he might have chosen a different opponent.

“The choice of location was excellent,” said the 30-year-old. “It’s very cool to fight in Brazil again. I haven’t visited for five years and haven’t fought there for seven. As for the opponent, since the fight is in Brazil, I would prefer an American, but work is work. I’ll give my best. Rafael is tough and it’s going to be a great show. It’ll be a brawl.”

With both 205-pounders known for their striking -- Silva and Cavalcante have a combined 21 stoppages in 25 wins -- Silva said the fight could be a slugfest.

“I know Rafael personally. He’s a tough fighter, a striker, like me, and we both have heavy hands. I don’t know if I’ll knock him out or submit him, but I want to win. It will be a war,” Silva enthused.

Silva and Cavalcante both hail from the state of Sao Paulo, so Paulo Sarasate Gymnasium in Fortaleza will be a “neutral ground.” However, Silva believes that the Brazilian crowd will expect action in the fight and will root for whoever is more aggressive.

“When I heard from my manager [Glenn Robinson], that the fight would be against Feijao in Fortaleza, I knew it would be a neutral venue, but it will be nice to hear the crowd. I’ve traveled the world and there’s nothing similar to the Brazilian fans,” Silva said. “I get a shiver just thinking about it.”

Even after twice being suspended for doping, and without a win since 2009, when he knocked out Keith Jardine, Silva does not feel that his job with the UFC is on the line.

“Actually, I don’t feel threatened,” said Silva. “I haven’t won in four fights, but the UFC treats me very well, despite the doping. I work very hard and put on a show, because nobody wants to see a lukewarm fight. I’ll avoid making mistakes and will look for the win, as always.”

Silva also praised his team, Florida’s Blackzilians camp, where he works alongside the likes of Vitor Belfort, Alistair Overeem and Rashad Evans.

“It’s a team of stars, but without stardom,” Silva laughed. “Inside the ring, we’re all common people, from the least famous to the most famous. There’s no special treatment. I spar with Overeem, Belfort, Tyrone Spong, Rashad, Anthony Johnson, not to mention the coaches. I have great resources available and I’m enjoying it.”

From Around the Web

Brazil Star Thiago Silva Dismisses 'Motherf----r' Conor McGregor Before UFC 189

Jose Aldo versus Conor McGregor at UFC 189 will be one of the biggest fights of the year, and even Thiago Silva of Paris Saint-Germain and Brazil has an opinion on the July bout.The defender was hear read news >>

White hasn't spoken to ex-champ Georges St-Pierre after new drug-testing plans

When longtime UFC champion Georges St-Pierre decided to take a break from MMA, he cited a performance-enhancing drug problem and the UFC’s inadequate drug testing as two of his primary reasons.Filed read news >>

Ronda Rousey Changing Society’s Traditional Ideals about Women in Sports | MMAWeekly.com

Whether or not you’re a UFC fan, you should know who Ronda Rousey is and what she’s doing for gender equality. read news >>

Before UFC 184 appearance, Brock Lesnar and WWE's Vince McMahon were 'yelling and screaming' at each other

Prior to his appearance at UFC 184, Brock Lesnar got into a heated argument with WWE head Vince McMahon. Prior to being seen at UFC 184 with Dana White, it was reported that Brock Lesnar walked out o read news >>

UFC 184 Video: Cat Zingano's full 'f*cking' post-fight interview after Ronda Rousey fight

Fighters get really emotional after a loss, when a mic was shoved at her face following the loss it was filled with expletives. It's normal for a lot of fighters to get emotional after fights, and th read news >>

UFC 184 results recap: Rousey vs. Zingano

Bloody Elbow recaps the big fights from UFC 184 last night in Los Angeles. Here, we look at the main event between Ronda Rousey and Cat Zingano. While Saturday night's PPV event was one that was left read news >>

Jake Ellenberger vs. Josh Koscheck full fight video highlights

Watch Josh Koscheck vs. Jake Ellenberger full fight video highlights from UFC 184's main card above, courtesy of FOX Sports 1. UFC 184: Rousey vs. Zingano took place February 28, 2015 at the Staples read news >>

Gracie Breakdown of UFC 184

Rener and Ryron Gracie take a closer look at Jake Ellenberger's win over Josh Koscheck and Ronda Rousey's win over Cat Zingano at UFC 184. read news >>

UFC 184 reactions: Winning and losing fighters on social media

Following Saturday’s UFC 184 event in Los Angeles, several of the winning and losing fighterstook to social media to react to the event or share a message with supporters. Check out those reactions.F read news >>