Strikeforce middleweight Tim Kennedy is ready to get back in the cage and fight again, and it looks like he’ll be making an appearance on a fight card this summer.

The former Army Special Forces member is headed into his training camp, and while he doesn’t have an opponent yet, it looks like Strikeforce is getting ready to make him an offer.

“I have inclinations. Looks like I’m going to be fighting in July or August,” Kennedy told MMAWeekly Radio. “I’m moving into my fight camp right now. Really had an awesome two months of drills and strengthening my fundamentals, worked a lot of boxing, and improving my jiu-jitsu.

“So now I’m moving into the fight camp portion.”

Kennedy is coming off a first-round win over Melvin Manhoef at the Strikeforce show in Ohio in March. The Texas native has gone 4-1 since coming to Strikeforce with his lone loss coming to current middleweight champion Ronald “Jacare” Souza.

For his training camp, Kennedy will once again enlist the services of coaches Greg Jackson and Mike Winkeljohn and their team in New Mexico.

“I’ll be going out to Albuquerque for a couple months and hopefully you’ll see me in the cage by the end of July or early August,” Kennedy stated.

As far as an opponent goes, that part never really matters to Kennedy. He’s just waiting on a name and a contract so he can put a face to the opponent he wants to dispatch of when he returns to action.

“I’m ready to go. I’m hungry, I’ve been working my butt off for the past few months now, now I want to go out there and really bring it to my next opponent,” said Kennedy.

Additional sources have indicated that Kennedy could be a part of the major Strikeforce show being targeted for July, which could include a main event showdown between Fedor Emelianenko and Dan Henderson.

Strikeforce is planning to run several shows between their June 18 event in Texas and the end of the year. Depending on how things shake out with the July card, Kennedy could also end up on an event in August.

Damon Martin is the lead staff writer and radio host for MMAWeekly.com.
@DamonMartin on Twitter or e-mail Damon a question or comment.

Follow MMAWeekly.com on Twitter and Facebook.

Tim Kennedy blasts Reebok payouts, calls business side of MMA 'tragic and pathetic'

Tim Kennedy didn't have nice things to say about the Reebok sponsorship payouts. read news >>

Tim Kennedy Rips Reebok Deal, Made More Than Whole UFC FN73 Card in Sponsorships

While most fighters have been quiet about the UFC's uniform policy with Reebok over recent weeks, Tim Kennedy is not most fighters. The middleweight contender appeared on Monday's edition of the MMA read news >>

Tim Kennedy slams 'pathetic' UFC-Reebok payouts, willing to donate blood for Anderson Silva in Dallas

Damn hackers are at it again. Tim Kennedy (18-5) is not walking through that Octagon door. At least for now, as the former Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) middleweight contender is having a blas read news >>

The MMA Hour with Rory MacDonald, Tyron Woodley, Diego Sanchez, Tim Kennedy, Mike Brown, Luke Barnatt, George Lockhart,

The Mixed Martial Arts Hour is back in your life. Below is a rundown of Monday's show: 1:00 p.m. ET -- Our own Dave Meltzer will stop by to discuss the latest MMA news. 1:25 p.m. -- Tim Kennedy will read news >>

MMAjunkie's 'Fight of the Month' for July is Dana White's 'Fight of the Ever'

With another action-packed month of MMA in the books, MMAjunkie takes a look at the best fights from July. Here are the five nominees, listed in chronological order, and winner of MMAjunkie’s “Fight read news >>

MMAjunkie's 'Knockout of the Month' for July: A come-from-behind masterpiece

With another action-packed month of MMA in the books, MMAjunkie takes a look at the best knockouts from July. Check out the nominees, our winner and vote in our poll inside. Filed under: Bellator, Ne read news >>

Photo: Former foes 'Cyborg' Justino and Gina Carano reunited again

Six years after their historic Strikeforce title fight, Cristiane Justino and Gina Carano reunited for a photo opportunity.Filed under: News read news >>

Knockout Radio Podcast: Chris Camozzi, Chris Dempsey, and Danny Santiago

Join Knockout Radio for the podcast of their July 30 broadcast featuring UFC fighters Chris Camozzi and Chris Dempsey, as well as boxer Danny Santiago. read news >>

UFC 190's 'Feijao' Cavalcante: 'In Strikeforce, I was known as the wrestler killer'

UFC light heavyweight Rafael Cavalcante should’ve experienced deja vu preparing for his upcoming fight against Pat Cummins at Saturday’s UFC 190. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Women's MMA Report: Tate earns UFC title shot, awaits Rousey-Correia winner

Former Strikeforce champion Miesha Tate earned another shot at the UFC women’s bantamweight title with an impressive victory at UFC on FOX 16. Get that and the latest women’s MMA news inside. Filed u read news >>