Strikeforce middleweight Tim Kennedy is ready to get back in the cage and fight again, and it looks like he’ll be making an appearance on a fight card this summer.

The former Army Special Forces member is headed into his training camp, and while he doesn’t have an opponent yet, it looks like Strikeforce is getting ready to make him an offer.

“I have inclinations. Looks like I’m going to be fighting in July or August,” Kennedy told MMAWeekly Radio. “I’m moving into my fight camp right now. Really had an awesome two months of drills and strengthening my fundamentals, worked a lot of boxing, and improving my jiu-jitsu.

“So now I’m moving into the fight camp portion.”

Kennedy is coming off a first-round win over Melvin Manhoef at the Strikeforce show in Ohio in March. The Texas native has gone 4-1 since coming to Strikeforce with his lone loss coming to current middleweight champion Ronald “Jacare” Souza.

For his training camp, Kennedy will once again enlist the services of coaches Greg Jackson and Mike Winkeljohn and their team in New Mexico.

“I’ll be going out to Albuquerque for a couple months and hopefully you’ll see me in the cage by the end of July or early August,” Kennedy stated.

As far as an opponent goes, that part never really matters to Kennedy. He’s just waiting on a name and a contract so he can put a face to the opponent he wants to dispatch of when he returns to action.

“I’m ready to go. I’m hungry, I’ve been working my butt off for the past few months now, now I want to go out there and really bring it to my next opponent,” said Kennedy.

Additional sources have indicated that Kennedy could be a part of the major Strikeforce show being targeted for July, which could include a main event showdown between Fedor Emelianenko and Dan Henderson.

Strikeforce is planning to run several shows between their June 18 event in Texas and the end of the year. Depending on how things shake out with the July card, Kennedy could also end up on an event in August.

Damon Martin is the lead staff writer and radio host for
@DamonMartin on Twitter or e-mail Damon a question or comment.

Follow on Twitter and Facebook.

UFC fighters voice displeasure over USADA whereabouts app that 'doesn't work'

UFC fighters Court McGee, Tim Kennedy, Rory MacDonald, and Max Holloway appear to be having difficulty with USADA's "whereabouts" app, one day before tomorrow's deadline for filing. Tomorrow is an im read news >>

Overeem: ‘Werdum doesn't want anything to do with me’

Former Strikeforce heavyweight champion Alistair Overeem believes the UFC heavyweight champion is not interested in a rubber match against him. In the immediate aftermath of Fabricio Werdum remarkabl read news >>

Luke Rockhold says Strikeforce fighters never got credit they deserved due to UFC's hype train

Before stepping foot for the first time inside the Octagon, Luke Rockhold had long been one of the best middleweight fighter's in all of mixed martial arts (MMA). However, Ultimate Fighting Champions read news >>

Fedor Emelianenko’s return is dynamite with a damp fuse

Strikeforce never went full Pride FC, but in Scott Coker’s homecoming to San Jose — which Bellator familiarly dubbed "Dynamite" — the homage to Japan was so retrotechnic, so pyrospective, it almost f read news >>

Still bound by UFC contract, Cung Le wants retirement fight under Scott Coker

SAN JOSE -- Former UFC and Strikeforce star Cung Le spoke with MMA Fighting on Thursday about his current contract status with the UFC, why he wants to fight for Bellator and the possibility of there read news >>

Kamuela Kirk replaces injured Isaac Vallie-Flagg against Estevan Payan at WSOF 23

Strikeforce and UFC veteran Isaac Vallie-Flagg suffered an elbow injury which has forced him out of his WSOF 23 preliminary bout with Estavan Payan.Filed under: News, WSOF read news >>

Gina Carano joins 'Free Nick Diaz' movement, demands apology from 'tyrants' at NSAC

Former Strikeforce featherweight attraction Gina Carano, who was the "women's face of mixed martial arts (MMA)" prior to the arrival of Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) bantamweight Ronda Rousey, read news >>

Bellator 142: Meet Mike Bronzoulis, the Greek 'Conor McGregor of Bellator MMA'

The script for the triumphant reunion of former Strikeforce Lightweight champion Josh Thomson and his former boss, Scott Coker, appears to already be written. Mike Bronzoulis, however, would like to read news >>

Fightweets: Luke Rockhold and the revenge of Strikeforce

LOS ANGELES -- Fabrico Werdum, Daniel Cormier, Robbie Lawler, Ronda Rousey. All Strikeforce alumni. All wearing UFC gold. As if that isn't an impressive enough UFC resume for a promotion that was som read news >>

WSOF signs UFC, Strikeforce vet Caros Fodor and Cory Devela to multi-year deals

WSOF continues to build its roster with the addition of a pair of new fighters to the promotion. Filed under: News, WSOF read news >>