Strikeforce middleweight Tim Kennedy is ready to get back in the cage and fight again, and it looks like he’ll be making an appearance on a fight card this summer.

The former Army Special Forces member is headed into his training camp, and while he doesn’t have an opponent yet, it looks like Strikeforce is getting ready to make him an offer.

“I have inclinations. Looks like I’m going to be fighting in July or August,” Kennedy told MMAWeekly Radio. “I’m moving into my fight camp right now. Really had an awesome two months of drills and strengthening my fundamentals, worked a lot of boxing, and improving my jiu-jitsu.

“So now I’m moving into the fight camp portion.”

Kennedy is coming off a first-round win over Melvin Manhoef at the Strikeforce show in Ohio in March. The Texas native has gone 4-1 since coming to Strikeforce with his lone loss coming to current middleweight champion Ronald “Jacare” Souza.

For his training camp, Kennedy will once again enlist the services of coaches Greg Jackson and Mike Winkeljohn and their team in New Mexico.

“I’ll be going out to Albuquerque for a couple months and hopefully you’ll see me in the cage by the end of July or early August,” Kennedy stated.

As far as an opponent goes, that part never really matters to Kennedy. He’s just waiting on a name and a contract so he can put a face to the opponent he wants to dispatch of when he returns to action.

“I’m ready to go. I’m hungry, I’ve been working my butt off for the past few months now, now I want to go out there and really bring it to my next opponent,” said Kennedy.

Additional sources have indicated that Kennedy could be a part of the major Strikeforce show being targeted for July, which could include a main event showdown between Fedor Emelianenko and Dan Henderson.

Strikeforce is planning to run several shows between their June 18 event in Texas and the end of the year. Depending on how things shake out with the July card, Kennedy could also end up on an event in August.

Damon Martin is the lead staff writer and radio host for MMAWeekly.com.
@DamonMartin on Twitter or e-mail Damon a question or comment.

Follow MMAWeekly.com on Twitter and Facebook.

Legacy FC 43 heads to Minnesota with Krantz-Larson title fight, Volkmann-Ottow

Legacy FC makes its Minnesota debut on July 17, and a title fight headlines the card.Filed under: AXS TV Fights, News read news >>

Tyron Woodley targeting late July return – but would he come back earlier for Hendricks?

For Tyron Woodley, proving he’s the best trumps getting a UFC title shot – even if the two might be one in the same.Filed under: Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Frank Mir: Todd Duffee is a dick and a coward and I'm training to hurt him on July 15

Frank Mir understands how the game is played. When you want to make a name for yourself, like up-and-coming heavyweight slugger Todd Duffee, you target a "name" and talk the requisite trash until you read news >>

UFC on FOX 16: Tom Lawlor returns, fights Gian Villante on July 25 in Chicago

Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) middleweight Tom Lawlor will move back up to the light heavyweight division when he collides with the streaking Gian Villante at the upcoming UFC on FOX 16: "Dill read news >>

'Karate Hottie' draws TUF star for UFC debut on July 12

Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is not without a sense of humor. Hoping to capitalize on the "it factor" of former Invicta FC champion Michelle Waterson, the promotion has paired her off against read news >>

Invicta's Michelle Waterson signs with UFC, faces Angela Magana in July

Michelle Waterson, known as "The Karate Hottie", has signed with the UFC to compete in the women's strawweight division. Invicta has lost another one of their stars to the UFC. Michelle Waterson, kno read news >>

Michelle Waterson makes UFC debut against Angela Magana in July

"The Karate Hottie" is booked for her first UFC fight. Michelle Waterson will debut against Angela Magana at The Ultimate Fighter 21 Finale on July 12 in a Florida city yet to be named, the UFC annou read news >>

Michelle Waterson's UFC debut set vs. Angela Magana at July's TUF 21 Finale

Former Invicta FC atomweight titleholder Michelle Waterson will move up in weight to the UFC women’s strawweight division and make her octagon debut against Angela Magana at the TUF 21 Finale on July read news >>

Video: Tim Kennedy's excitement for Vitor Belfort vs. Chris Weidman dropping like 'The Phenom's' testosterone levels

Tim Kennedy says his excitement for the title fight between Chris Weidman and Vitor Belfort at UFC 187 on May 24, 2015 has dropped like "The Phenom's" testosterone levels thanks to numerous setbacks read news >>