Strikeforce middleweight Tim Kennedy is ready to get back in the cage and fight again, and it looks like he’ll be making an appearance on a fight card this summer.

The former Army Special Forces member is headed into his training camp, and while he doesn’t have an opponent yet, it looks like Strikeforce is getting ready to make him an offer.

“I have inclinations. Looks like I’m going to be fighting in July or August,” Kennedy told MMAWeekly Radio. “I’m moving into my fight camp right now. Really had an awesome two months of drills and strengthening my fundamentals, worked a lot of boxing, and improving my jiu-jitsu.

“So now I’m moving into the fight camp portion.”

Kennedy is coming off a first-round win over Melvin Manhoef at the Strikeforce show in Ohio in March. The Texas native has gone 4-1 since coming to Strikeforce with his lone loss coming to current middleweight champion Ronald “Jacare” Souza.

For his training camp, Kennedy will once again enlist the services of coaches Greg Jackson and Mike Winkeljohn and their team in New Mexico.

“I’ll be going out to Albuquerque for a couple months and hopefully you’ll see me in the cage by the end of July or early August,” Kennedy stated.

As far as an opponent goes, that part never really matters to Kennedy. He’s just waiting on a name and a contract so he can put a face to the opponent he wants to dispatch of when he returns to action.

“I’m ready to go. I’m hungry, I’ve been working my butt off for the past few months now, now I want to go out there and really bring it to my next opponent,” said Kennedy.

Additional sources have indicated that Kennedy could be a part of the major Strikeforce show being targeted for July, which could include a main event showdown between Fedor Emelianenko and Dan Henderson.

Strikeforce is planning to run several shows between their June 18 event in Texas and the end of the year. Depending on how things shake out with the July card, Kennedy could also end up on an event in August.

Damon Martin is the lead staff writer and radio host for
@DamonMartin on Twitter or e-mail Damon a question or comment.

Follow on Twitter and Facebook.

Rashad Evans talks UFC 205, Conor McGregor

Rashad Evans talks about facing Tim Kennedy at UFC 205 in New York, dropping down to middleweight and Conor McGregor attempting to hold simultaneous UFC belts. read news >>

Serena, Venus Williams, Tom Brady, Ben Affleck, More Invest in UFC

The UFC was purchased by WME-IMG for $4 billion in July, and a slew of the talent agency's biggest clients have reportedly invested in the promotion on the heels of the acquisition. According to the  read news >>

Don Frye's UFC Hall of Fame 2016 Speech (video) |

Check out Don Frye's Hall of Fame speech from July's UFC Fan Expo when he was inducted. read news >>

Tim Kennedy Reveals Out-of-Pocket Medicals Required of UFC 205 Fighters |

Tim Kennedy is shedding some light on the requirements put on fighters who wish to compete in New York. read news >>

Dan Henderson’s Dynamite Dozen

Long established as one of MMA’s best ever, pound for pound, former PRIDE and Strikeforce champion Dan Henderson finished off his storied career with a five-round epic against Michael Bisping that ea read news >>

For Jay Hieron, becoming a successful movie fighter meant forgetting how to fight

With memorable appearances under the UFC, Strikeforce and Bellator banners, Jay Hieron made a name for himself in professional MMA. Now he’s making a name in Hollywood, but it’s been a learning proce read news >>

UFC Unfiltered: Tim Kennedy and Jared Watson

UFC Middleweight contender Tim Kennedy calls in to discuss his UFC 205 fight against Rashad Evans, disliking Yoel Romero, Season 2 of his show Hunting Hitler, and more. Also, lead singer of Dirty Hea read news >>

Tim Kennedy Disagreed with Judges Scoring Michael Bisping Over Dan Henderson |

Michael Bisping successfully defended his title for the first time at UFC 204 against Dan Henderson, but Tim Kennedy scored it differently. read news >>

UFC Unfiltered: Rashad Evans And Aljamain Sterling

Rashad Evans calls in to discuss his Middleweight debut at UFC 205 versus Tim Kennedy in NYC, comebacks in MMA and a lot more. Also, Aljo Sterling joins Jim and Matt in studio to talk about his fight read news >>

UFC 205: Looking Ahead to Rashad Evans vs. Tim Kennedy

Before a sold out New York card flowsinto full effect, two contenders in the UFC middleweight division will look to kick-start their campaign to 185-pound gold.Going from headlining an event, to not read news >>