Sonnen pulling for Belfort over Jones at UFC 152, says own fight booking coming soon


  • Share on Tumblr
  • submit to reddit

(This story first ran at PressConnects.com) BALTIMORE — At 26 years old, UFC light-heavyweight champion Jon Jones admits it is difficult even for him to realize he could soon be considered the best fighter in the history of mixed martial arts. But it’s a reality (…)

view original article >>

Related News

  • 9 days ago
  • 83 views

UFC vets Chael Sonnen and Vitor Belfort will appear today before the Nevada State Athletic Commission, and the UFC streams the hearing via UFC Fight Pass beginning at 1 p.m. ET (10 a.m. PT).Filed under: Featured, News, UFC, WSOF read news >>

  • 8 days ago
  • 142 views

Today's (Weds., July 23, 2014) live hearing gets underway at 1 p.m. ET. Time to face the music. Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) will stream today's (July 23, 2014) live hearing featuring Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC) and embattled middleweights Chael Sonnen and Vitor Belfort, online via the promotion's Fight Pass digital network. Not a subscriber? Not a problem. MMAmania.com will be tuning in and bringing you LIVE updates as the action unfolds right here, beginning at 1 p.m. ET. S read news >>

  • 8 days ago
  • 25 views

After yesterday's Nevada Athletic Commission (NAC) hearing involving Vitor Belfort and Chael Sonnen, what isn't there to say? Did the punishments fit the crime? What message did the NAC really send, if any, at all? Were you surprised the UFC announced Belfort vs. Chris Weidman for UFC 181 minutes after the conclusion of Belfort's portion of the hearing? We'll break down all angles of whatever the hell that was yesterday. Of course, there was also monumental news announced this week unrelated to read news >>

  • 6 days ago
  • 38 views

Originally airing on Fight Pass, UFC has now made the highlights available on YouTube. Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC) summoned Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) middleweights Vitor Belfort and Chael Sonnen to its July 23 administrative hearing to render verdicts for each fighter. Both "The Phenom" and "The American Gangster" failed pre-fight drug tests earlier this year. After breaking down in tears, the Brazilian was awarded a conditional license, and will move on to fight Chris Wei read news >>

  • 2 days ago
  • 11 views

UFC light-heavyweight competitor Wanderlei Silva is convinced that Chael Sonnen will return to the octagon once he finishes his suspension. Although it would appear that Chael Sonnen's professional career as a Mixed Martial Artist is complete, Wanderlei Silva is still convinced that his longtime nemesis will still weasel his way back to the octagon once he competes his suspension. "I think he retired just for now, I think after finishing his suspension, he's gonna (come) back," Wand told Submiss read news >>

  • 2 days ago
  • 30 views

Something Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) middleweight Michael Bisping finds "laughable" after both fighters were popped by Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC) earlier this year and forced to withdraw from their respective fights. "The Count" was defeated by "The American Gangster" -- as well as "The Phenom" -- and is convinced they were both on the gear during those losses. In any case, Sonnen must serve a two-year suspension while Belfort -- who also failed for steroids back in 2006 - read news >>

  • 2 days ago
  • 23 views

With his fighting status in limbo, Wanderlei Silva remains hopeful he'll get a chance to settle up with Chael Sonnen in the Octagon. "I think he retired just for now, I think after finishing his suspension, he's gonna (come) back," Silva told Submission Radio. "I hope this fight is gonna happen." "I think him and [Vitor] Belfort are just the two good fights that have a reason to happen for me." The pair were slated to fight Jul. 5 at UFC 175 before they each ran afoul of the Nevada State Athleti read news >>

  • 29 days ago
  • 77 views

UFC President Dana White set the MMA world on fire when he defended the decision of the UFC and Fox Sports to terminate Chael Sonnen's broadcasting contract, but if he plays his cards right, "The American Gangster" could be back. In an interview with MMA Fight Corner's Heidi Fang (at the 5:58 mark), White explained that while the chips are down for Sonnen right now, he could feasibly return to working for the promotion (transcription per Mixedmartialarts.com): "It breaks my heart," [White] said. read news >>

  • 29 days ago
  • 47 views

Glancing at the language regarding Chael Sonnen's 'termination' with UFC and FOX Sports, you had to know the door hadn't been completely slammed on the charismatic fighter turned commentator. Unlike his hard-line stance on castoffs Paul Daley and Jason High, UFC president Dana White doesn't sound like he's completely out of the Chael Sonnen business. "It breaks my heart," said White of the decision to cut ties with Sonnen. "I care about Chael very much. Me and Chael have had a very good relation read news >>