Scott Coker's Open Letter to Bellator Fans: 'Our Goal is to Make Every Bellator Event Feel BIG' | MMAWeekly.com


Scott CokerBellator MMA and parent company Viacom recently shifted in regard to its management team. The promotion ditched co-founder Bjorn Rebney and president Tim Danaher and replaced them with Strikeforce founder Scott Coker.

Not only was there a shift in personnel, but also in the format that promotion utilizes, which is actually what necessitated the management change. Bellator will no longer be the “Toughest Tournament in Sports,” and will instead shift to a more traditional style of fight promotion.

As such, the new company president on Thursday addressed the Bellator faithful with an open letter to fans:

Dear Bellator Nation,

I wanted to take a moment and tell you all how excited I am to be a part of the Bellator family. I’ve been working closely with the incredible team here along with our partners at Spike to see how we are going to bring this great company to new heights.

My first order of business is to take a look at the Bellator roster and determine all the exciting possibilities that are in store for the future. Our goal is to make every Bellator event feel BIG and special which is a huge win for fighters, advertisers, and of course- and most importantly- you, the fans. I’ve been on the phone with dozens of fighters and to hear the excitement in their voices has been incredibly encouraging.

I know there are so many questions about what changes may be in store for Bellator. While we are still very early in the process of executing on our long term vision, the plan is simple. We want to put on the most entertaining events possible for YOU. We want Bellator to be a first-choice destination for the best fighters in the world  and we want our events to showcase the fun side of the sport – the personality and showmanship that makes MMA so entertaining. This is the best sport in the world and we want our events to demonstrate that for all to see. 

We’ve got a ton of work to do, and July 25th is right around the corner. We’ll have more updates in the coming weeks, and I can’t wait to see all of you on Spike TV and at Pechanga in July.

-Scott Coker

view original article >>
Report here if this news is invalid.

Related News

  • 10 days ago
  • 9 views

Kimbo Slice just signed with Bellator, and Scott Coker says he's definitely interested in signing Mirko Cro Cop as well. During Bellator 132, Bellator officially announced the signing of Kevin Fergus read news >>

  • 10 days ago
  • 3 views

TEMECULA, Calif. -- Scott Coker went to Japan for New Year's with hopes of luring Fedor Emelianenko out of retirement, among other things. Instead, he might have found another Eastern European MMA le read news >>

  • 7 days ago
  • 27 views

Which saves Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) the trouble of making a counteroffer. Bellator MMA President Scott Coker, who partnered with M-1 Global a few years back to co-promote mixed martial a read news >>

  • 7 days ago
  • 5 views

Bellator President Scott Coker made the announcement of what he called a “superfight” for Bellator 134. It will be “King Mo” Lawal vs. Cheick Kongo at heavyweight.Filed under: Bellator, MMA Rumors, N read news >>

  • 6 days ago
  • 4 views

Bellator president Scott Coker talks about signing Kimbo Slice and other Bellator-related news. read news >>

  • 6 days ago
  • 12 views

Bellator President Scott Coker has been busy recently, but carved out time on Tuesday to speak to Ariel Helwani on The MMA Hour. Both Bellator and the sport of mixed martial arts are in transition, b read news >>

  • 4 hours ago
  • 1 views

It has only been about seven months since Scott Coker took the reins of Bellator MMA. But his boss is already giving him rave reviews. Spike TV president Kevin Kay told MMAFighting.com last week that read news >>

  • 27 days ago
  • 12 views

Jon Jones and Daniel Cormier feel that people are over simplifying their UFC 182 main event title fight by focusing mainly on the wrestling aspect of the match-up. read news >>

  • 10 days ago
  • 0 views

TEMECULA, Calif. -- Kimbo Slice is back in MMA. And the line has already formed of fighters wanting to take him on. "Honestly, I probably had about 200 people call me last night saying, 'I'm ready to read news >>