The two-day UFC Fan Expo continues to bolster its lineup for July 5-6 in Las Vegas, coinciding with the UFC 162 pay-per-view.
UFC officials recently announced plans for activities that will take place on the main stage at the Expo, including Q&A sessions with UFC luminaries and this year’s Hall of Fame induction.
The latest UFC Fan Expo takes place at Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino. Its sister property, MGM Grand Garden Arena, hosts UFC 162, which airs July 6 with a main event between UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva and Chris Weidman.
Expo tickets are $40 for Friday or $45 for Saturday. Two-days passes are $60 and can be purchased at www.ufcfanexpo.com. (UFC 162 tickets must be purchased separately.)
Three fan question-and-answer sessions will take place Friday, July 5, on the expo’s main stage. FOX analyst and frequent studio anchor Jay Glazer will take fan questions and give a presentation on the new FOX Sports 1 cable network, which premieres in August. UFC President Dana White and the broadcast team of Joe Rogan and Mike Goldberg have now-hour Q&A slots. And Hall of Famers Matt Hughes and Chuck Liddell will co-host another following UFC 162 weigh-ins.
Saturday’s Q&A sessions will be with two-division title challenger Chael Sonnen and women’s bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey. Saturday also features the induction of Forrest Griffin and Stephan Bonnar into the UFC Hall of Fame.
In addition to those big-ticket main-card activities, the two-day fan festival will feature 300,000 square feet of autograph and photo sessions, grappling competitions and vendor booths. The UFC has announced its biggest lineup yet of fighters on hand for autograph signings – with more than 50 at the UFC’s autograph booth alone, not to mention vendors bringing in fighters to sign at their booths.
Past expos have taken place in Las Vegas, Boston, London, Toronto and Houston. Mandalay Bay also hosted UFC Fan Expos in May 2010 and July 2012.
The current main-stage lineup at the UFC Fan Expo includes:
FRIDAY, JULY 5 (all times PT)
- 10:30-11:30 a.m.: Q&A session with and FOX Sports 1 presentation with Jay Glazer
- 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.: Q&A session with UFC President Dana White
- 12:30-1:30 p.m.: Q&A session with UFC broadcasters Joe Rogan and Mike Goldberg
- 5-6 p.m.: Q&A session with UFC Hall of Famers Matt Hughes and Chuck Liddell
SATURDAY, JULY 6 (all times PT)
- 11-11:30 a.m.: Forrest Griffin and Stephan Bonnar Hall of Fame induction ceremony
- 12:30-1:30 p.m.: Q&A session with UFC light heavyweight Chael Sonnen
- 1:30-2:30 p.m.: Q&A session and UFC 360 cover reveal with UFC women’s bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey
For the latest on UFC 162, stay tuned to the UFC Rumors section of the site.
(Pictured: Dana White)