Sarah Kaufman (by Arnold Lim)Following her disappointing 54-second submission loss to Ronda Rousey on Aug. 18 in Strikeforce, former bantamweight champion Sarah Kaufman made the decision to make a quick turnaround and take advantage of her promotion’s working agreement with Invicta FC. She signed to turn right back around and fight on Invicta’s upcoming Oct. 6 fight card in Kansas City, Kan.

“I absolutely want to get in there right away or else I wouldn’t have taken the fight,” Kaufman told MMAWeekly.com.

“I think that it’s important that I’m getting in the cage because I want to fight, not because I want to erase a loss. That can be a problem when people just jump right back in and they’re not mentally or physically ready to do it. I’m at the point that I am, and I definitely look forward to taking the fight with Invicta.”

Having averaged about three fights a year prior, Kaufman is pleased to have the opportunity to possibly finish out the year with another fight and not have to wait until 2013 for her next bout.

“I’ve always wanted to be a really active fighter,” she said. “I love fighting and having something to work towards in training.

“I’m easily motivated when I have a goal, as most people are, and it’s great that Sean Shelby has reached out to Invicta and allowed the fighters who don’t have a fight coming up in the near future to step in and get another fight.”

When it comes to Invicta, Kaufman has been nothing but impressed in her short time with the promotion.

“When they had their first card, I was actually away and wasn’t able to watch the first event, but I was able to watch their second event and it was amazing,” she said. “They had really high quality, exciting fights, and they treat the fighters really well (based on) how I’ve been treated the last couple of days.”

Kaufman is scheduled to face Kaitlin Young, a fighter she was originally supposed to have squared off against nearly five years ago.

“Kaitlin and I were originally supposed to fight when EliteXC was around and my first fight was supposed to be on their November (2007) card. Three weeks before the fight, it kind of fell through, so it’s interesting to come back and have the opportunity to once again prepare for Kaitlin,” said Kaufman.

“She’s got great striking, is strong and tall, and she comes ready to fight, so this is going to be a great match-up for me and the fans, as well.”

Looking back on her fight with Rousey a couple weeks ago that lead to her signing to fight in Invicta, Kaufman is nothing but honest about her performance that night.

“I don’t really know what else I can say other than I wasn’t happy with my performance,” she said. “Going in, I had a really good camp and game plan and for whatever reason it just didn’t happen; I didn’t do it. Clearly it was a big disappointment and it’s no fault of anyone’s but my own.”

Stay tuned to MMAWeekly.com for more news on Sarah Kaufman and Invicta FC.

(Photo courtesy of Arnold Lim)

Champ 'Cyborg' Justino: 5 Invicta fights left, still hope of facing Ronda Rousey

For Invicta FC featherweight champ Cristiane Justino, the prospect of a fight with ex-UFC champ Ronda Rousey still looms, though not as strongly as before. Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Invicta FC 15's Ediane Gomes opens GoFundMe account to help cover pre-fight medicals

Invicta FC featherweight Ediane Gomes said she’s no stranger to struggles, but the latest turns of her career have forced her to go hat in hand.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Holly Holm's Head Coach Hopes Ronda Rousey Has the Guts for Rematch at UFC 200

The possible Holly Holm vs. Ronda Rousey rematch at UFC 200 is still very much in play. And the champ's coach, Mike Winkeljohn, hopes Rousey has the guts to step up for the rematch. In an interview w read news >>

The Comeback: Nate Diaz lashes out, 'Cyborg' still hopes for Ronda Rousey

In a sport that never stops moving, even MMA junkies can struggle to keep up with all the latest news. If you missed any of Monday’s biggest headlines, catch up with “The Comeback.”Filed under: Bella read news >>

Livia Renata Souza hopes Invicta FC 15 title defense could lead to UFC chance

If Livia Renata Souza had it her way, she’d be fighting a little more often than she has been. But she’s back in action this week – with big ambitions. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Holly Holm%26#x2019;s striking coach wonders if Ronda Rousey has the %26#x2018;guts%26#x2019; for a rematch (Yahoo Sport

From Yahoo Sports: Mike Winkeljohn knows how big a rematch will be, he just isn’t sure if Rousey will want one. read news >>

Reader’s Choice 2015 Upset of the Year: Holly Holm’s UFC 193 Knockout of Ronda Rousey

The Upset of the Year category generated the most one-sided voting out of all the 2015 Reader’s Choice Award nominations. The winner brought in 76-percent of the votes. read news >>

Ronda Rousey Unlikely to Fight at UFC 200: Latest Comments and Reaction

Former UFC women's bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey will not fight at UFC 200 as previously planned because of scheduling commitments related to her movie career. According to UFC President Dana Wh read news >>

Dana White: Ronda Rousey won’t rematch champ Holly Holm at UFC 200

The real reason UFC women’s bantamweight champion Holly Holm’s next fight is against Miesha Tate is because ex-champ Ronda Rousey’s schedule changed, according to UFC President Dana White. Filed unde read news >>