Sarah Kaufman (by Arnold Lim)Following her disappointing 54-second submission loss to Ronda Rousey on Aug. 18 in Strikeforce, former bantamweight champion Sarah Kaufman made the decision to make a quick turnaround and take advantage of her promotion’s working agreement with Invicta FC. She signed to turn right back around and fight on Invicta’s upcoming Oct. 6 fight card in Kansas City, Kan.

“I absolutely want to get in there right away or else I wouldn’t have taken the fight,” Kaufman told MMAWeekly.com.

“I think that it’s important that I’m getting in the cage because I want to fight, not because I want to erase a loss. That can be a problem when people just jump right back in and they’re not mentally or physically ready to do it. I’m at the point that I am, and I definitely look forward to taking the fight with Invicta.”

Having averaged about three fights a year prior, Kaufman is pleased to have the opportunity to possibly finish out the year with another fight and not have to wait until 2013 for her next bout.

“I’ve always wanted to be a really active fighter,” she said. “I love fighting and having something to work towards in training.

“I’m easily motivated when I have a goal, as most people are, and it’s great that Sean Shelby has reached out to Invicta and allowed the fighters who don’t have a fight coming up in the near future to step in and get another fight.”

When it comes to Invicta, Kaufman has been nothing but impressed in her short time with the promotion.

“When they had their first card, I was actually away and wasn’t able to watch the first event, but I was able to watch their second event and it was amazing,” she said. “They had really high quality, exciting fights, and they treat the fighters really well (based on) how I’ve been treated the last couple of days.”

Kaufman is scheduled to face Kaitlin Young, a fighter she was originally supposed to have squared off against nearly five years ago.

“Kaitlin and I were originally supposed to fight when EliteXC was around and my first fight was supposed to be on their November (2007) card. Three weeks before the fight, it kind of fell through, so it’s interesting to come back and have the opportunity to once again prepare for Kaitlin,” said Kaufman.

“She’s got great striking, is strong and tall, and she comes ready to fight, so this is going to be a great match-up for me and the fans, as well.”

Looking back on her fight with Rousey a couple weeks ago that lead to her signing to fight in Invicta, Kaufman is nothing but honest about her performance that night.

“I don’t really know what else I can say other than I wasn’t happy with my performance,” she said. “Going in, I had a really good camp and game plan and for whatever reason it just didn’t happen; I didn’t do it. Clearly it was a big disappointment and it’s no fault of anyone’s but my own.”

Stay tuned to MMAWeekly.com for more news on Sarah Kaufman and Invicta FC.

(Photo courtesy of Arnold Lim)

From Around the Web

Marina Shafir signs to Invicta FC as featherweight

Ronda Rousey's close friend Marina Shafir has signed with Invicta FC. The fourth Horsewoman has signed a professional contract with Invicta FC. Marina Shafir, a close friend of UFC women's bantamweig read news >>

Ronda Rousey training partner and 'Four Horsewomen' member Marina Shafir signs with Invicta FC

Maybe she'll get her hands on "Cyborg" before Ronda Rousey can. Marina Shafir (1-1) has inked a contract to fight for Invicta FC, the all-female mixed martial arts (MMA) promotion which streams on UF read news >>

Wanderlei Silva Says Ronda Rousey Wouldn’t Last One Round with Cris Cyborg

Former Pride FC champion Wanderlei Silva doesn't think Ronda Rousey would last a single round against Cris "Cyborg" Justino if the two ever fight. read news >>

UFC signed off on Ronda Rousey's appearance at WrestleMania 31 months ago

Vince and Dana working hand in hand, folks. Ronda Rousey made an impromptu performance last night (Sun., March 29, 2015) at Wrestlemania 31 in Santa Clara, Calif., much to the delight of professional read news >>

VIDEO: Dana White Talks World Tour, Ronda Rousey at WrestleMania, and More!

Dana White addressed the craziness of the Aldo vs. McGregor tour, Ronda Rousey's appearance with The Rock at WrestleMania, rumored fights, and much more! read news >>

Ronda Rousey Is a Great Choice to Lead Public Charge for MMA in New York

Ronda Rousey is the hottest star in mixed martial arts today. Her star continues to grow as she crosses over from the Octagon to mainstream fame. Her appearance at WWE’s WrestleMania proves just how read news >>

UFC champion Ronda Rousey invades WWE Wrestlemania with The Rock

Ronda Rousey not only got ringside seats at WWE Wrestlemania but she got in on the action as well when she appeared with her good friend Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson before laying the smackdown on two W read news >>

WrestleMania 31 results and reaction: Seth Rollins wins title, Ronda Rousey judo tosses Triple H

Check out full results and reaction from WrestleMania 31 in Santa Clara, CA, where Seth Rollins walked out as world champion while Ronda Rousey joined The Rock to take out Triple H and Stephanie McMa read news >>

Ronda Rousey Goes Rowdy at WrestleMania 31, Tosses Everyone

UFC women's bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey appeared at WrestleMania 31 along with The Rock, and everyone we know went nuts. read news >>