Rashad EvansFollowing the UFC 157: Rousey vs. Carmouche pre-fight press conference on Feb. 21, UFC president Dana White said the UFC roster has 100 fighters too many.  Multiple fighters have been released by the organization this year, including top ten ranked welterweight Jon Fitch.

Some fighters, rightfully so, are concerned about their job security in the UFC, but former UFC light heavyweight titleholder Rashad Evans, back-to-back fights for the first time in his career, isn’t among them.

Evans faces Dan Henderson at UFC 161, and while confident he’ll win, he’s not worried about being cut if he happens to lose.

“I’m not worried about losing my job.  I’ve put in a lot of good fights in the UFC and I’m confident that I’m not going to lose my next fight, but there is a bit of pressure as an athlete. You need to perform,” said Evans on a recent episode of UFC Tonight on Fuel TV.

“You do wear a little bit of pressure knowing the UFC; they’ve been getting rid of people like that (snapping his fingers).  But at the same time, I’m not worried about getting cut if I lose my fight.  I don’t even like talking about this.  I’m not going to lose my fight, but if I lose I’m not going to be like, I’m not going to worry about getting nixed,” he added.

UFC 161: Barao vs. Wineland takes place at the MTS Centre in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, on June 15. An interim bantamweight title bout between interim titleholder Renan Barao and challenger Eddie Wineland headlines the fight card.

With Miesha Tate's retirement, women's MMA loses a bridge between eras

After nine years and 25 fights, Miesha Tate called it quits following her unanimous-decision loss at UFC 205. How will we remember her? Hopefully as the gritty, determined fighter she was, and the on read news >>

ONE Championship 49 highlights: Shinya Aoki loses title in one of 2016's biggest upsets

For the first time in 10 fights and four-and-a-half years, Shinya Aoki has suffered an MMA loss – and it came in one of the year’s biggest upsets.Filed under: News read news >>

Mousasi vs. Hall 2 - Fantasy Cheat Sheet

In today's fantasy preview, we're going to examine some of the key fights coming up on Saturday for UFC Fight Night: Mousasi vs. Hall 2. read news >>

UFC Fight Night 99 pre-fight facts: Ross Pearson first to reach 5 fights in 2016

For the first time since November 2014 the UFC will host two events in one day, and the first half of Saturday’s doubleheader will see UFC Fight Night 99 take place at SSE Arena in Belfast, Northern read news >>

Newcomer Gerald Meerschaert gets fill-in duties at UFC Fight Night 102

Gerald Meerschaert, a 10-year pro with 32 career fights, is finally getting his shot in the UFC.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC Fight Night 100 staff picks: 3 heavy favorites and unanimous nods, 3 contentious fights

We have three unanimous picks on the card at UFC Fight Night 100 in Brazil. Who are they? Filed under: Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

UFC Fight Night 99 reactions: Winning and losing fighters on social media

Following Saturday’s UFC Fight Night 99 event in Belfast, Northern Ireland, several of the winning and losing fighters took to social media to react to the event or share a message with supporters. C read news >>

UFC Fight Night 100 reactions: Winning and losing fighters on social media

Following Saturday’s UFC Fight Night 100 event in Sao Paulo, several of the winning and losing fighters took to social media to react to the event or share a message with supporters. Check out some o read news >>

Manager: Rashad Evans not cleared to fight at UFC 206

A middleweight fight between Rashad Evans and Tim Kennedy will not take place at UFC 206, according to Evans’ manager and Kennedy.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Tim Kennedy Says UFC 206 Fight with Rashad Evans Canceled | MMAWeekly.com

The middleweight bout between Tim Kennedy and Rashad Evans has been canceled for a second time in as many weeks. read news >>