Rashad EvansFollowing the UFC 157: Rousey vs. Carmouche pre-fight press conference on Feb. 21, UFC president Dana White said the UFC roster has 100 fighters too many.  Multiple fighters have been released by the organization this year, including top ten ranked welterweight Jon Fitch.

Some fighters, rightfully so, are concerned about their job security in the UFC, but former UFC light heavyweight titleholder Rashad Evans, back-to-back fights for the first time in his career, isn’t among them.

Evans faces Dan Henderson at UFC 161, and while confident he’ll win, he’s not worried about being cut if he happens to lose.

“I’m not worried about losing my job.  I’ve put in a lot of good fights in the UFC and I’m confident that I’m not going to lose my next fight, but there is a bit of pressure as an athlete. You need to perform,” said Evans on a recent episode of UFC Tonight on Fuel TV.

“You do wear a little bit of pressure knowing the UFC; they’ve been getting rid of people like that (snapping his fingers).  But at the same time, I’m not worried about getting cut if I lose my fight.  I don’t even like talking about this.  I’m not going to lose my fight, but if I lose I’m not going to be like, I’m not going to worry about getting nixed,” he added.

UFC 161: Barao vs. Wineland takes place at the MTS Centre in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, on June 15. An interim bantamweight title bout between interim titleholder Renan Barao and challenger Eddie Wineland headlines the fight card.

Medication, Fights and Suicide: Nick Diaz opens up after potential career ending ban

Medication, street fights, and losing loved ones. Nick Diaz opened up for the first time about his childhood following a suspension that could potentially end his MMA career. Nick Diaz was dealt a sh read news >>

Wladimir Klitschko vs. Tyson Fury postponed due to Klitschko injury

See? It's not just MMA that loses out on interesting fights because of injuries. October was shaping up to be a pretty big month for boxing, with several high-profile events taking place on HBO or HB read news >>

Rafael dos Anjos: Cowboy Cerrone chokes in big fights -- and he knows it

Since losing to Rafael dos Anjos two years ago, Donald Cerrone has looked like a man possessed, winning eight consecutive bouts against top-level opposition in a span of only 21 months. That was good read news >>

UFC 192 Video Recap: Ryan Bader picks apart Rashad Evans

• 14 hours ago

Bloody Elbow recaps the fights from UFC 192 on Saturday night in Houston, Texas. Here, we look at the co-main event between Ryan Bader and Rashad Evans. Former light heavyweight champion Rashad Evans read news >>

Backstage Breakdown Video: Dana White Recaps UFC 191

Following UFC 191 on Saturday night, Dana White broke down the night's fights, admitting there was one fight he would have scored opposite the judges. read news >>

Monday Morning Hangover: What's next for John Dodson after losing to Demetrious Johnson?

Another weekend of fisticuffs has come and gone, as UFC 191 blew the roof off MGM Grand Garden Arena last Sat. night (Sept. 5, 2015) in Las Vegas, Nevada. For complete UFC 191: "Johnson vs. Dodson 2" read news >>

UFC 191 main event results recap: Demetrious Johnson dazzles against John Dodson

Bloody Elbow recaps the fights from UFC 191 on Saturday night in Las Vegas, Nevada. Here, we look at the main event between Demetrious Johnson and John Dodson. On Saturday night, Demetrious Johnson s read news >>

UFC 191 results recap: Andrei Arlovski edges out Frank Mir

Bloody Elbow recaps the fights from UFC 191 on Saturday night in Las Vegas, Nevada. Here, we look at the co-main event between former champion's Frank Mir and Andrei Arlovski On Saturday night, Andre read news >>

UFC 191 reactions: Winning and losing fighters on social media

Following Saturday’s UFC 191 event in Las Vegas, several of the winning and losing fighters, along with their coaches, training partners or family members, took to social media to react to the event read news >>

UFC 191: Johnson vs. Dodson 2 - Fights to make for main card fighters

Mookie Alexander plays fantasy matchmaker for the main card fighters from last night's UFC 191: Johnson vs. Dodson 2. UFC 191 is in the books, and Demetrious Johnson is still the flyweight champion a read news >>