Rashad EvansFollowing the UFC 157: Rousey vs. Carmouche pre-fight press conference on Feb. 21, UFC president Dana White said the UFC roster has 100 fighters too many.  Multiple fighters have been released by the organization this year, including top ten ranked welterweight Jon Fitch.

Some fighters, rightfully so, are concerned about their job security in the UFC, but former UFC light heavyweight titleholder Rashad Evans, back-to-back fights for the first time in his career, isn’t among them.

Evans faces Dan Henderson at UFC 161, and while confident he’ll win, he’s not worried about being cut if he happens to lose.

“I’m not worried about losing my job.  I’ve put in a lot of good fights in the UFC and I’m confident that I’m not going to lose my next fight, but there is a bit of pressure as an athlete. You need to perform,” said Evans on a recent episode of UFC Tonight on Fuel TV.

“You do wear a little bit of pressure knowing the UFC; they’ve been getting rid of people like that (snapping his fingers).  But at the same time, I’m not worried about getting cut if I lose my fight.  I don’t even like talking about this.  I’m not going to lose my fight, but if I lose I’m not going to be like, I’m not going to worry about getting nixed,” he added.

UFC 161: Barao vs. Wineland takes place at the MTS Centre in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, on June 15. An interim bantamweight title bout between interim titleholder Renan Barao and challenger Eddie Wineland headlines the fight card.

UFC Fight Night 86 co-headliner Gabriel Gonzaga wasn’t too worried about losing his job

All appearances to the contrary, longtime UFC heavyweight Gabriel Gonzaga said he didn’t fight to avoid losing his job in his last outing. He had more immediate concerns.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Three fights added to TUF 23 Finale in Las Vegas, including James Krause vs. Ross Pearson

The lineup has started to build for this summer’s TUF 23 Finale in Las Vegas with the addition of three fights in support of the women’s strawweight title headliner. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Dan Henderson on UFC on FOX 19 and retirement talk: 'Maybe this is the last' fight

When you’re 45 and nearly two decades into a pro-fighting career, the retirement questions are bound to pop up repeatedly. But MMA great Dan Henderson still isn’t ready to call it quits.Filed under: read news >>

10 reasons to watch UFC Fight Night 86, especially if you dig heavyweights

If you’re a fan of heavyweight fights, Sunday’s UFC Fight Night 86 event is for you. Five of the 13 fights on the card, including the Ben Rothwell vs. Junior Dos Santos headliner, are heavyweight con read news >>

UFC champ Miesha Tate on future fight with 'Cyborg' Justino: 'A win-win situation'

Before catchweight fights became all the rage, UFC women’s bantamweight champion Miesha Tate didn’t consider a bout with Cristiane Justino more than fantasy matchmaking. That’s changed, though.Filed read news >>

Grimacing Lucas Martins was worried about being cut at UFC Fight Night 86

ZAGREB, Croatia – An obviously injured Lucas Martins admitted to playing it safe against Robert Whiteford at UFC Fight Night 86. Filed under: Featured Videos, News, UFC, Videos read news >>

UFC on FOX 19 Road to the Octagon Full Video: Glover Teixeira vs. Rashad Evans

As six talented UFC fighters prepare for UFC on FOX 19, experience their extraordinary lives and uncompromising training in UFC Road to the Octagon: Teixeira vs Evans. read news >>

UFC Fight Night 86 reactions: Winning and losing fighters on social media

Following Sunday’s UFC Fight Night 86 event in Croatia, several of the winning and losing fighters took to social media to react to the event or share a message with supporters. Check out some of tho read news >>

UFC on FOX 19 Free Fight: Rashad Evans TKOs Forrest Griffin to Win Title

Forrest Griffin used his height and reach advantage to frustrate Rashad Evans in the first two rounds before Evans finally found his opening. read news >>

Khabib Nurmagomedov: 'I can't afford to lose' to Horcher (Yahoo Sports)

From Yahoo Sports: Khabib Nurmagomedov isn't taking Darrell Horcher for granted, saying if he loses this fight he'll "lose everything." read news >>