Earlier this month UFC President Dana White confirmed that his promotion is exploring a deal to standardize uniforms for fighters, which prompted pushback from former middleweight title challenger Nate Quarry and current women’s strawweight Felice Herrig.

Now Pat Miletich has entered the debate, and he doesn’t think the uniforms would be a good deal for fighters.

“This is not the NFL,” the former UFC welterweight champion told the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Beatdown” show. “These guys are not under certain contracts with their teams. They don’t get 50-plus percent of all sales of all clothing and memorabilia and everything else like players do in the NFL and Major League Baseball and everything else. So quite frankly, I think it’s bulls--t. That’s just the way I feel.”

Miletich, a color commentator for AXS TV, compared the situation to his time as a coach in the International Fight League. He said he was contacted by Muscle Milk to sponsor his team, the Silverbacks, but that the IFL intervened and instead struck a deal for Muscle Milk to sponsor the entire league.

“Suddenly I got an email from the IFL saying that they had signed Muscle Milk to a league deal and that all teams would be forced to wear the Muscle Milk logo on their uniforms on the way out to the cage and in the fights,” Miletich recalled. “All the coaches got this email; everybody got the email. So I wanted to make sure everybody got my reply, and I sent back an email and I said, ‘You pirated my sponsorship,’ and I said, ‘The Silverbacks will not be wearing the Muscle Milk logo. As a matter of fact, we’re going to make sure we take markers and black them all out on our uniforms and you can kiss my ass.’”

Miletich said he then got a call from an IFL executive, to whom he explained how much money his team had lost from the demise of the original sponsorship proposal.

“Everybody was going to get an even piece of that,” Miletich said he told the executive, “and that’s how much I’m going to get or you can kiss my ass and we’re not wearing those logos out to the cage. And they buckled. They sent me a check. I showed all the fighters [on the Silverbacks] the check and then I cut them all a check out of that.”

A standoff might be much more difficult in the UFC, but that doesn’t change Miletich’s viewpoint on uniforms.

“I can go on and on and on about this stuff, but it’s bullying and a lot of the sponsors that used to sponsor fighters don’t do it anymore because many of them were forced, from what I understand, to pay the UFC a certain amount of money to even have the right to do that, and they couldn’t afford it,” he said. “I understand the UFC is running a business and I don’t blame them for that, but at the same time the athletes, at some point, need to get involved and stand together and say you know what? That’s enough.”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 1:02:17).

UFC 197: Cormier vs. Jones 2 Official with Addition of Flyweight Championship

• 22 hours ago

Earlier this week, UFC president Dana White confirmed that Daniel Cormier and Jon Jones were being targeted for a fight in April. Now we have a date and a venue. read news >>

'Bendo' brushes off White's parting shot, now advising other potential free agents

Benson Henderson doesn’t take everything UFC President Dana White says to heart. He can’t. It’d be foolish.Filed under: Bellator, Featured Videos, News, Radio Highlight, UFC, Videos read news >>

Jose Aldo Issues Conor McGregor-or-Title Ultimatum to UFC and Dana White

MMA legend Jose Aldo has confirmed he will not fight in the UFC again unless he’s handed a rematch against Conor McGregor or a title shot. The Brazilian, regarded as one of the sport’s greatest compe read news >>

Dana White Explains Frank Fertitta's Reaction to Jose Aldo vs. Conor McGregor

Ultimate Fighting Championship president Dana White has lifted the lid on Frank Fertitta's attention-grabbing reaction to Conor McGregor's 13-second knockout victory over Jose Aldo at UFC 194 in Dece read news >>

Another UFC Boston Scratch: Jimy Hettes Injured and Mulling Retirement

MMAWeekly.com sources on Monday confirmed that featherweight Jimy Hettes has had to withdraw from his UFC Fight Night 81 bout with Charles Rosa. read news >>

Chris Weidman: 'I'm Really Happy I Lost' UFC Middleweight Title at UFC 194

Chris Weidman has had a rough month. The now-former UFC middleweight champion suffered a brutal knockout loss to Luke Rockhold at UFC 194 that cost him his undefeated streak, his title and a decent c read news >>

Four preliminary-card bouts added to Bellator 148 in Fresno, Calif.

Bellator’s card in Fresno, Calif., later this month may have undergone a change at the top recently, but its prelims today continued to grow.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

UFC 197 Official with dos Anjos vs. McGregor and Holm vs. Tate

UFC officials on Tuesday confirmed the blockbuster UFC 197 fight card, where Conor McGregor will attempt to take Rafael dos Anjos' lightweight belt. read news >>

McGregor calls dos Anjos 'traitor to his people,' vows to ‘behead American gringo'

One month before he captured the UFC featherweight title, Conor McGregor dodged the question of whether his aim is to co-promote with the UFC. But even in jest, it sounds like that’s exactly what he read news >>

Dana White: Ronda Rousey won’t rematch champ Holly Holm at UFC 200

The real reason UFC women’s bantamweight champion Holly Holm’s next fight is against Miesha Tate is because ex-champ Ronda Rousey’s schedule changed, according to UFC President Dana White. Filed unde read news >>