Earlier this month UFC President Dana White confirmed that his promotion is exploring a deal to standardize uniforms for fighters, which prompted pushback from former middleweight title challenger Nate Quarry and current women’s strawweight Felice Herrig.

Now Pat Miletich has entered the debate, and he doesn’t think the uniforms would be a good deal for fighters.

“This is not the NFL,” the former UFC welterweight champion told the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Beatdown” show. “These guys are not under certain contracts with their teams. They don’t get 50-plus percent of all sales of all clothing and memorabilia and everything else like players do in the NFL and Major League Baseball and everything else. So quite frankly, I think it’s bulls--t. That’s just the way I feel.”

Miletich, a color commentator for AXS TV, compared the situation to his time as a coach in the International Fight League. He said he was contacted by Muscle Milk to sponsor his team, the Silverbacks, but that the IFL intervened and instead struck a deal for Muscle Milk to sponsor the entire league.

“Suddenly I got an email from the IFL saying that they had signed Muscle Milk to a league deal and that all teams would be forced to wear the Muscle Milk logo on their uniforms on the way out to the cage and in the fights,” Miletich recalled. “All the coaches got this email; everybody got the email. So I wanted to make sure everybody got my reply, and I sent back an email and I said, ‘You pirated my sponsorship,’ and I said, ‘The Silverbacks will not be wearing the Muscle Milk logo. As a matter of fact, we’re going to make sure we take markers and black them all out on our uniforms and you can kiss my ass.’”

Miletich said he then got a call from an IFL executive, to whom he explained how much money his team had lost from the demise of the original sponsorship proposal.

“Everybody was going to get an even piece of that,” Miletich said he told the executive, “and that’s how much I’m going to get or you can kiss my ass and we’re not wearing those logos out to the cage. And they buckled. They sent me a check. I showed all the fighters [on the Silverbacks] the check and then I cut them all a check out of that.”

A standoff might be much more difficult in the UFC, but that doesn’t change Miletich’s viewpoint on uniforms.

“I can go on and on and on about this stuff, but it’s bullying and a lot of the sponsors that used to sponsor fighters don’t do it anymore because many of them were forced, from what I understand, to pay the UFC a certain amount of money to even have the right to do that, and they couldn’t afford it,” he said. “I understand the UFC is running a business and I don’t blame them for that, but at the same time the athletes, at some point, need to get involved and stand together and say you know what? That’s enough.”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 1:02:17).

Video: Full Dana White media scrum ahead of UFC 207

LAS VEGAS – Dana White doesn’t spend much time with the media these days, so it was a surprise on Wednesday when he spent more than 30 minutes answering questions about Ronda Rousey, Conor McGregor, read news >>

Dana White Confirms Khabib Nurmagomedov vs. Tony Ferguson | MMAWeekly.com

UFC president Dana White on Thursday confirmed that top lightweights Khabib Nurmagomedov and Tony Ferguson will square off in the Octagon. read news >>

Dana White Confirms UFC 207 is Mike Goldberg's Final Broadcast | MMAWeekly.com

UFC president Dana White on Wednesday confirmed that Friday's UFC 207: Nunes vs. Rousey would be longtime commentator Mike Goldberg's final broadcast. read news >>

Dana White confirms UFC 207 is Mike Goldberg’s last event as commentator

LAS VEGAS – Friday’s UFC 207 marks the end of an era as longtime commentator Mike Goldberg will call his last event for the promotion.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Mark Hunt Sues UFC, Dana White, Brock Lesnar over UFC 200 Fight

Mark Hunt has filed a civil lawsuit against the UFC, President Dana White and Brock Lesnar over his fight with Lesnar at UFC 200, claiming the parties colluded for an unfair competitive environment. read news >>

Mark Hunt files civil suit against UFC, Brock Lesnar, Dana White, alleges racketeering, conspiracy, fraud

UFC heavyweight Mark Hunt is known as one of the hardest hitters in all of MMA. Apparently, he swings pretty hard in court, as well.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

Dana White offers Conor McGregor and Floyd Mayweather $25 million each and PPV cut

UFC President Dana White has stepped in between Floyd Mayweather and Conor McGregor, blasting the boxing champ’s offer to the Irish UFC champ and countering with his own. Filed under: Featured, News, read news >>

LeBron James Comments on Ronda Rousey After UFC 207 Loss vs. Amanda Nunes

Cleveland Cavaliers superstar LeBron James had words of support for MMA fighter Ronda Rousey after she lost her second straight fight on Saturday night, this time a 48-second knockout against Amanda read news >>

Dana White Lookin' for a Fight Season 2 Premier Episode: Dana's Compound | MMAWeekly.com

Matt Serra, Din Thomas, and UFC President Dana White pack a summer's worth of fun into a trip to White's vacation home in Maine. read news >>

Dana White: Ronda Rousey was 'mentally and physically ready' at UFC 207, unsure of next move

UFC President Dana White is apparently as unclear as the rest of the world when it comes to the next move in the career of former UFC champion Ronda Rousey.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>