Earlier this month UFC President Dana White confirmed that his promotion is exploring a deal to standardize uniforms for fighters, which prompted pushback from former middleweight title challenger Nate Quarry and current women’s strawweight Felice Herrig.

Now Pat Miletich has entered the debate, and he doesn’t think the uniforms would be a good deal for fighters.

“This is not the NFL,” the former UFC welterweight champion told the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Beatdown” show. “These guys are not under certain contracts with their teams. They don’t get 50-plus percent of all sales of all clothing and memorabilia and everything else like players do in the NFL and Major League Baseball and everything else. So quite frankly, I think it’s bulls--t. That’s just the way I feel.”

Miletich, a color commentator for AXS TV, compared the situation to his time as a coach in the International Fight League. He said he was contacted by Muscle Milk to sponsor his team, the Silverbacks, but that the IFL intervened and instead struck a deal for Muscle Milk to sponsor the entire league.

“Suddenly I got an email from the IFL saying that they had signed Muscle Milk to a league deal and that all teams would be forced to wear the Muscle Milk logo on their uniforms on the way out to the cage and in the fights,” Miletich recalled. “All the coaches got this email; everybody got the email. So I wanted to make sure everybody got my reply, and I sent back an email and I said, ‘You pirated my sponsorship,’ and I said, ‘The Silverbacks will not be wearing the Muscle Milk logo. As a matter of fact, we’re going to make sure we take markers and black them all out on our uniforms and you can kiss my ass.’”

Miletich said he then got a call from an IFL executive, to whom he explained how much money his team had lost from the demise of the original sponsorship proposal.

“Everybody was going to get an even piece of that,” Miletich said he told the executive, “and that’s how much I’m going to get or you can kiss my ass and we’re not wearing those logos out to the cage. And they buckled. They sent me a check. I showed all the fighters [on the Silverbacks] the check and then I cut them all a check out of that.”

A standoff might be much more difficult in the UFC, but that doesn’t change Miletich’s viewpoint on uniforms.

“I can go on and on and on about this stuff, but it’s bullying and a lot of the sponsors that used to sponsor fighters don’t do it anymore because many of them were forced, from what I understand, to pay the UFC a certain amount of money to even have the right to do that, and they couldn’t afford it,” he said. “I understand the UFC is running a business and I don’t blame them for that, but at the same time the athletes, at some point, need to get involved and stand together and say you know what? That’s enough.”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 1:02:17).

Dana White: Correia 'absolutely' knew Rousey's father committed suicide

Dana White says Bethe Correia 'absolutely' knew about Ronda Rousey's father committing suicide before she made the suicide insult. Earlier in May, bantamweight title challenger Bethe Correia may have read news >>

MMAjunkie's 'Fight of the Month' for July is Dana White's 'Fight of the Ever'

With another action-packed month of MMA in the books, MMAjunkie takes a look at the best fights from July. Here are the five nominees, listed in chronological order, and winner of MMAjunkie’s “Fight read news >>

UFC 190 winners Antonio Silva and Stefan Struve interested in future matchup

Antonio Silva and Stefan Struve fought and won in separate bouts at UFC 190 earlier this month. Now they’ve turned their attention to each other.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Melbourne's Etihad Stadium set to host UFC 193

UFC 193 is headed to Etihad Stadium in Melbourne, Australia. UFC president Dana White confirmed with MMAFighting.com that the Nov. 14 pay-per-view (which will take place on Nov. 15 in Australia) will read news >>

'UFC 190: Rousey vs. Correia' drug tests come back clean

All fighters who underwent drug testing earlier this month at UFC 190 in Brazil passed the tests.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

Dana White: Bethe Correia 'absolutely' knew Ronda Rousey's father committed suicide before comments

Ronda Rousey is partly fueled at UFC 190 by comments Bethe Correia made about Rousey possibly killing herself if she loses. Rousey's father committed suicide when she was a child. Correia has apologi read news >>

Dana White: UFC 190's Bethe Correia intentionally used suicide remarks to play 'head games' with Ronda Rousey

Remember when Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) women's Bantamweight title contender Bethe Correia jiu-jitsued her foot in her mouth when she said she hopes Ronda Rousey doesn't commit suicide aft read news >>

Dana White: ‘Minotauro’ Nogueira has agreed to retire after UFC 190

RIO DE JANEIRO -- It appears that Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira won’t be entering the Octagon anymore. The former UFC and PRIDE heavyweight champion suffered his third straight loss at UFC 190, losing via read news >>

Watch UFC 190 post-fight press conference full video replay with Dana White

HIGHLIGHTS! Gone In 34 Seconds! Thomas Myers Watch Ronda Rousey vs. Bethe Correia full fight video highlights from last night in UFC 190's main event inside HSBC Arena in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, feat read news >>

Dana White: Rousey vs. Cyborg Does 2.5 Million Buys, but Cyborg Must Make Weight

UFC women's bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey posted yet another brutal, lopsided win at UFC 190. Unsurprisingly, the discussion both on social media and at the UFC 190 post-fight press conference ( read news >>