Earlier this month UFC President Dana White confirmed that his promotion is exploring a deal to standardize uniforms for fighters, which prompted pushback from former middleweight title challenger Nate Quarry and current women’s strawweight Felice Herrig.

Now Pat Miletich has entered the debate, and he doesn’t think the uniforms would be a good deal for fighters.

“This is not the NFL,” the former UFC welterweight champion told the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Beatdown” show. “These guys are not under certain contracts with their teams. They don’t get 50-plus percent of all sales of all clothing and memorabilia and everything else like players do in the NFL and Major League Baseball and everything else. So quite frankly, I think it’s bulls--t. That’s just the way I feel.”

Miletich, a color commentator for AXS TV, compared the situation to his time as a coach in the International Fight League. He said he was contacted by Muscle Milk to sponsor his team, the Silverbacks, but that the IFL intervened and instead struck a deal for Muscle Milk to sponsor the entire league.

“Suddenly I got an email from the IFL saying that they had signed Muscle Milk to a league deal and that all teams would be forced to wear the Muscle Milk logo on their uniforms on the way out to the cage and in the fights,” Miletich recalled. “All the coaches got this email; everybody got the email. So I wanted to make sure everybody got my reply, and I sent back an email and I said, ‘You pirated my sponsorship,’ and I said, ‘The Silverbacks will not be wearing the Muscle Milk logo. As a matter of fact, we’re going to make sure we take markers and black them all out on our uniforms and you can kiss my ass.’”

Miletich said he then got a call from an IFL executive, to whom he explained how much money his team had lost from the demise of the original sponsorship proposal.

“Everybody was going to get an even piece of that,” Miletich said he told the executive, “and that’s how much I’m going to get or you can kiss my ass and we’re not wearing those logos out to the cage. And they buckled. They sent me a check. I showed all the fighters [on the Silverbacks] the check and then I cut them all a check out of that.”

A standoff might be much more difficult in the UFC, but that doesn’t change Miletich’s viewpoint on uniforms.

“I can go on and on and on about this stuff, but it’s bullying and a lot of the sponsors that used to sponsor fighters don’t do it anymore because many of them were forced, from what I understand, to pay the UFC a certain amount of money to even have the right to do that, and they couldn’t afford it,” he said. “I understand the UFC is running a business and I don’t blame them for that, but at the same time the athletes, at some point, need to get involved and stand together and say you know what? That’s enough.”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 1:02:17).

Dana White Video: Brock Lesnar’s UFC 200 Return ‘Doesn’t Suck’

TMZ Sports caught up with UFC president Dana White, who said that Brock Lesnar's UFC 200 return "doesn't suck." read news >>

Dana White Comments on Lifetime Ban of Ariel Helwani for Brock Lesnar Report

• 1986 views

UFC President Dana White confirmed that longtime MMA journalist Ariel Helwani has been banned from receiving press credentials after breaking the news on two huge fights without contacting the promot read news >>

Kevin “Kimbo Slice’ Ferguson Dead at 42

Kevin "Kimbo Slice" Ferguson has passed away in a Florida hospital. Bellator MMA president Scott Coker confirmed the news on Monday evening. He was 42. read news >>

Kimbo Slice, MMA Fighter, Dies at Age 42

MMA fighter Kimbo Slice—birth name Kevin Ferguson—died on Monday at the age of 42. TMZ Sports confirmed he died but said “details surrounding [Slice’s] death are unclear.” Jonathan Snowden of Bleache read news >>

Fighters React to the Death of ‘Kimbo Slice’

The news of Kevin "Kimbo Slice" Ferguson's death was a shock to many when it was confirmed on Monday that the popular mixed martial artist had passed away in a South Florida hospital. read news >>

Mark Hunt Doesn’t Think Brock Lesnar’s UFC 200 USADA Exemption is Fair

Brock Lesnar received an exemption to be eligible for UFC 200. Mark Hunt, doesn't think it's fair, but also doesn't think it will change the fight's result. read news >>

Donald Trump Wants Dana White to Speak at the Republican National Convention

If Donald Trump has his way, then UFC President Dana White will be speaking at the Republican National Convention in August. The presumptive Republican nominee for President proposed his idea for an read news >>

Donald Trump Wants Dana White to Speak at the Republican National Convention

If Donald Trump has his way, then UFC President Dana White will be speaking at the Republican National Convention in July. The presumptive Republican nominee for United States President proposed his read news >>

Bo Jackson Doesn’t Have a Clue Who Brock Lesnar Is

Bo Jackson knows baseball. Bo Jackson knows football. Bo Jackson doesn't know Brock Lesnar. read news >>

What would UFC look like without Dana White? (Yahoo Sports)

From Yahoo Sports: There are numerous reports that the UFC is up for sale. But it's hard to picture the company without its face. read news >>