Earlier this month UFC President Dana White confirmed that his promotion is exploring a deal to standardize uniforms for fighters, which prompted pushback from former middleweight title challenger Nate Quarry and current women’s strawweight Felice Herrig.

Now Pat Miletich has entered the debate, and he doesn’t think the uniforms would be a good deal for fighters.

“This is not the NFL,” the former UFC welterweight champion told the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Beatdown” show. “These guys are not under certain contracts with their teams. They don’t get 50-plus percent of all sales of all clothing and memorabilia and everything else like players do in the NFL and Major League Baseball and everything else. So quite frankly, I think it’s bulls--t. That’s just the way I feel.”

Miletich, a color commentator for AXS TV, compared the situation to his time as a coach in the International Fight League. He said he was contacted by Muscle Milk to sponsor his team, the Silverbacks, but that the IFL intervened and instead struck a deal for Muscle Milk to sponsor the entire league.

“Suddenly I got an email from the IFL saying that they had signed Muscle Milk to a league deal and that all teams would be forced to wear the Muscle Milk logo on their uniforms on the way out to the cage and in the fights,” Miletich recalled. “All the coaches got this email; everybody got the email. So I wanted to make sure everybody got my reply, and I sent back an email and I said, ‘You pirated my sponsorship,’ and I said, ‘The Silverbacks will not be wearing the Muscle Milk logo. As a matter of fact, we’re going to make sure we take markers and black them all out on our uniforms and you can kiss my ass.’”

Miletich said he then got a call from an IFL executive, to whom he explained how much money his team had lost from the demise of the original sponsorship proposal.

“Everybody was going to get an even piece of that,” Miletich said he told the executive, “and that’s how much I’m going to get or you can kiss my ass and we’re not wearing those logos out to the cage. And they buckled. They sent me a check. I showed all the fighters [on the Silverbacks] the check and then I cut them all a check out of that.”

A standoff might be much more difficult in the UFC, but that doesn’t change Miletich’s viewpoint on uniforms.

“I can go on and on and on about this stuff, but it’s bullying and a lot of the sponsors that used to sponsor fighters don’t do it anymore because many of them were forced, from what I understand, to pay the UFC a certain amount of money to even have the right to do that, and they couldn’t afford it,” he said. “I understand the UFC is running a business and I don’t blame them for that, but at the same time the athletes, at some point, need to get involved and stand together and say you know what? That’s enough.”

Listen to the full interview (beginning at 1:02:17).

Dana White Confirms Khabib Nurmagomedov vs. Michael Johnson | MMAWeekly.com

UFC president Dana White confirmed on Tuesday that lightweights Khabib Nurmagomedov and Michael Johnson has been finalized. read news >>

UFC 207 Gets Two More Huge Fights | FIGHTLAND

Photo by Josh Hedges/Zuffa LLC Earlier this month, it was announced that former women’s bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey would finally be making her return to the Octagon in the main event of UFC 2 read news >>

UFC: Mark Diakiese to Face Frankie Perez in Albany, New York

• a day ago

After a very impressive UFC debut earlier this month Mark Diakiese gets a quick turnaround and will be fighting in New York.The Englishman obviously made an impression during his winning debut agains read news >>

UFC: Marc Diakiese to Face Frankie Perez in Albany, New York

• a day ago

After a very impressive UFC debut earlier this month Marc Diakiese gets a quick turnaround and will be fighting in New York.The Englishman obviously made an impression during his winning debut agains read news >>

Anderson Silva Apologizes, Dana White Accepts | MMAWeekly.com

• 19 hours ago

Thank goodness we have TMZ to bring Anderson Silva and Dana White together, keeping the MMA world in harmony. read news >>

UFC 205's Stephen Thompson doesn’t picture knocking out champ Tyron Woodley – so hopefully, he does

• 4 hours ago

UFC welterweight title challenger Stephen Thompson goes into each bout with a “blank slate,” not envisioning a particular outcome. That way, he told MMAjunkie Radio, it’s a pleasant surprise when som read news >>

How a barroom encounter made Pat Miletich and Tank Abbott longtime enemies

• an hour ago

If you were around a UFC event in the mid-1990s, there’s a good chance you have a story involving an alcohol-fueled Tank Abbott. UFC Hall of Famer Pat Miletich is no different.Filed under: Featured V read news >>

Despite White's comments, Anthony Johnson never considered Jon Jones matchup realistic

• 20 minutes ago

Anthony Johnson was as puzzled as anyone when UFC President Dana White said that instead of giving “Rumble” a title shot against light-heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier in his next fight, he wanted read news >>

Stream or download MMAjunkie Radio #2309 with Edson Barboza, Pat Miletich and David Clark

Stream or download Thursday’s edition of MMAjunkie Radio with guests Edson Barboza, Pat Miletich and David Clark.Filed under: News, Radio, UFC read news >>

Holm Holm likely to fight soon as she looks to find form again

• a day ago

In an interview with Ariel Helwani earlier this week, Holly Holm talked about her losses, her fighting philosophy, and how she's nearly ready to fight.Multiple losses in a row will leave any MMA read news >>