Mike Pierce has never been shy about asking for a fight.

Following a win over Paul Bradley at the inaugural UFC on Fox show, he then called for a fight with former welterweight title contender Josh Koscheck, and he got it.

Then Pierce asked to face a Brazilian fighter because it would be “an easy fight”, so UFC matchmaker Joe Silva handed him Carlos Eduardo Rocha, who had gone to a split decision with Jake Ellenberger in his last fight.

Pierce beat Rocha soundly last weekend at UFC on FX 3, so with the chance to call out anybody he wanted after that fight the Oregon based fighter was a little more reserved.

Just a little bit.

“I’m not too sure. I’m okay continuing my reign over the Brazilians and doing that. That’s always fun. I told Joe Silva before this fight on Twitter that I wanted an easy fight and told all the Brazilians to put in their applications,” Pierce told MMAWeekly Radio on Wednesday.

“(Rocha) stepped up and took the fight and if anybody else wants to do that, more power to them.”

Since coming to the UFC, Pierce has amassed a record of 6-3 with his only losses coming to fighters either currently ranked or ranked at the time in the top five of the welterweight divisional rankings.

Pierce went to decision with all of them, but didn’t do enough to sway the judges to his favor. So now he wants to start building a winning streak, and if he has to go through a few Brazilians to do that, so be it.

Eventually, however, Pierce realizes that there are no more easy fights in the UFC’s impossibly tough welterweight division.

“Well, eventually I want to win the belt and a Brazilian doesn’t hold the belt right now. I can only do that for so long then I’ve got to move on,” Pierce said with a laugh.

Pierce did say he will leave his phone on over these next few weeks in case an injury happens that opens up a spot for him on an upcoming card. Outside of a bruise on his leg, Pierce was completely healthy following the 15-minute fight with Rocha and is ready to step back in if the UFC needs him.

“That’s always an option; it might happen. I’m not banged up at all,” said Pierce. “I could probably count on one hand how many times he actually made contact with me.”

Follow @DamonMartin on Twitter or e-mail Damon Martin.
For more
UFC News and UFC Rumors, follow MMAWeekly.com on Twitter and Facebook.

view original article >>

Report here if this news is invalid.

Related News

Report: UFC Releases Danny Castillo, Mike Pierce, 9 Other Fighters from Roster

  • 12 days ago
  • 69 views

Lightweight and Team Alpha Male veteran Danny Castillo and welterweight Mike Pierce are among 11 fighters who have been released from the UFC. That's according to a Friday report from Marc Raimondi o read news >>

Formerly UFC's youngest fighter, Holloway tells Northcutt: 'One loss won't define you'

  • 8 days ago
  • 9 views

Max Holloway said he’s not particularly fond of the way in which many of his fellow fighters have gleefully reacted to the recent loss of UFC prospect Sage Northcutt.Filed under: Featured, News, UFC read news >>

VIDEO: Fighter Refuses to Accept He’s Been TKO’d, Ref Decides to Let Fight Continue

  • 5 days ago
  • 118 views

This referee decided to stop a fight and let it continue when the defeated fighter refused to acknowledge the TKO. read news >>

Rothwell vs. JDS Headlines Zagreb Event

  • 3 days ago
  • 0 views

Fresh from his submission win over Josh Barnett last month, Ben Rothwell will continue his march toward the UFC heavyweight title when he squares off with former world champion Junior Dos Santos read news >>