Just minutes after his win over Alan Belcher at UFC 159, Michael Bisping revealed that he will soon go under the knife to repair a neck condition.

“I have a trapped nerve, and it’s called atrophy, which is muscle loss, weakness and numbness in my right arm,” Bisping told Fox Sports following his win at Prudential Center in Newark, N.J. “I’ve had that for a while, but it’s progressively getting worse. I saw a surgeon about six weeks before this fight, but there was no way I was going to pull out. I fought Vitor Belfort, Brian Stann and Chael Sonnen with this condition. I don’t like to let the UFC down, and I love what I do.

“I’m going to have surgery now. The surgery isn’t scheduled, but we’ve talked about it. It’s a minor thing. Well, it’s neck surgery, so as minor as that can be, but it’s a routine procedure. Apparently I’ll only be out two or three weeks, and then I’ll be back in the gym. I want to get back in the Octagon as soon as possible.”

Bisping proved to be one step ahead of Belcher in Saturday night’s middleweight co-main event, continually beating “The Talent” to the punch, especially in rounds two and three. Belcher, by contrast, slowed as the fight went on. While the American exchanged with the Brit on relatively even terms in the fight’s first five minutes, Belcher soon found himself absorbing crisp combinations as time waned.

“Without sounding arrogant, that’s what I was planning for, of course. He’s a big middleweight, and I believed I had the speed advantage going in. I think that was obvious tonight,” said Bisping. “I don’t know if I noticed him out of shape, I just noticed I was finding a rhythm more and feeling more comfortable in the fight. As it went on, I could time him, and there was a big difference in the speed. I could see his punches coming a mile away. I could read every move he was making.”

Though Bisping dominated the bout’s final two stanzas, the fight nevertheless ended on an accidental foul, as Bisping inadvertently gouged Belcher in the same eye afflicted by a detached retina more than two years ago. After “The Talent” was deemed unable to continue, the cage-side judges awarded Bisping a technical decision. While the leadup to the middleweight clash was marked by a bevy of trash talk on both sides, Bisping said he genuinely regrets the way the fight ended extended.

“It was a shame I caught him with my thumb there at the end,” said Bisping. “He did get me as well, and I’ve got a little nick [on the bridge of my nose]. It’s an unfortunate business, the eye pokes, but it happens. I don’t think it affected the fight, but I apologized because it was a complete accident.

“Alan is a hell of a performer. Going into this fight there was a lot of talk, but I’ve got nothing but respect for the guy. That’s just me trying to get myself in the zone and ensure a good performance. He’s been around a long time, and he’s a solid opponent. I had to do what I needed to get myself in the right place and make him doubt himself. It’s a huge mental game, and that’s all I was doing. I’m sure he’ll continue to have a great career.”

Michael Bisping vs. Dan Henderson UFC 204 Rematch Sold Out in Minutes | MMAWeekly.com

Tickets for the UFC 204 rematch between middleweight champion Michael Bisping and Dan Henderson went on sale Friday. They were gone in minutes. read news >>

Urijah Faber's Eye Poke Was 'A Little Bit Intentional,' Jimmie Rivera Says

In the later minutes of Urijah Faber's loss to Jimmie Rivera at UFC 203, the action was temporarily stopped after Faber poked Rivera in the eye. That eye poke was "a little bit" deliberate, at least read news >>

Urijah Faber's Eye Poke Was 'A Little Bit' Intentional, Jimmie Rivera Says

Time to pay attention to Derek Brunson

Derek Brunson has needed just over five minutes combined to settle Ed Herman, Sam Alvey and Roan Carneiro in his last three outings, and he rolls into his co-main event matchup with Uriah Hall this w read news >>

Dustin Poirier: 'Michael Johnson Can't Last 25 Minutes with Me' (Video) | MMAWeekly.com

Dustin Poirier will try to extend his UFC winning streak to five when he takes on Michael Johnson in a battle of lightweight contenders at UFC Fight Night Hidalgo. read news >>

Johnson in the right mindset after loss to Diaz

Michael Johnson is fully resurged after recovering from his surgery and loss to Nate Diaz last year. Johnson says it will be a tough night for his main event opponent, Dustin Poirier, on Saturday. read news >>

Frankie Edgar vs. Jeremy Stephens, Several Other Bouts Revealed for UFC 205 | MMAWeekly.com

UFC president Dana White confirmed on Wednesday a host of bouts for the promotion's UFC 205 fight card in New York. read news >>

How Did Michael Bisping React When Dana White Said, 'You're Fighting Dan Henderson'? (video) | MMAWeekly.com

Still hungover from winning a UFC title, how did Michael Bisping react when he was told his first defense would be a rematch with Dan Henderson? read news >>

Michael Bisping Knows What's Wrong with Cris Cyborg's Weight Cut (video) | MMAWeekly.com

Michael Bisping dishes on the controversy swirling around Cris Cyborg and her difficulties in making the 140-pound catchweight the UFC requires of her. read news >>

Khabib Nurmagomedov Taunts Eddie Alvarez, Conor McGregor Ahead of Next UFC Fight

UFC lightweight star Khabib Nurmagomedov has revealed he’s waiting on champion Eddie Alvarez to sign a contract sanctioning an upcoming bout and has also sent a message to featherweight champion Cono read news >>