MMAjunkie.com Radio (noon ET): Gegard Mousasi, Collin Reuter, Ryan Benoit
MMAjunkie.com Radio today welcomes to the show UFC light heavyweight Gegard Mousasi, Cage Warriors Fight Night 8 headliner Collin Reuter and MFC 37 main eventer Ryan Benoit.
Mousasi (34-3-2 MMA, 1-0 UFC) is coming off a main event win over Ilir Latifi at UFC on FUEL TV 9 in Sweden. After the fight, he alluded to taking some time off, but we’ll find out just what the near future holds for him. Reuter (9-1-1) traveled from Alaska to the United Arab Emirates to headline Saturday’s Cage Warriors Fight Night 8 against Jack Mason. And Benoit (6-1) headlines tonight’s MFC 37 card in Canada against Anthony Birchak.
MMAjunkie.com Radio airs today from noon to 2 p.m. ET (9 a.m.-noon PT) live from Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino in Las Vegas. Listen to and watch a video stream of the two-hour show at www.mmajunkie.com/radio, or watch it live on select television markets as part of Fight Now TV.
MMAjunkie.com Radio listener guide:
view original article >>
- HOW TO LISTEN: Go to www.mmajunkie.com/radio and choose a streaming option (such as Windows Media Player or Quicktime) to listen to the show live. A countdown clock appears when the show is offline.
- HOW TO WATCH (ON WEB): Check out a live webcam of the studio while there. You can also listen to a live audio stream of the show when you activate the video feed.
- HOW TO WATCH (ON TV): MMAjunkie.com Radio is simulcast live on the upstart Fight Now TV cable station. Watch “MMAjunkie.com Radio Live” in New York, New Jersey and Connecticut as part of Cablevision’s iO Sports & Entertainment Pak on channel 464. (More cable partners will be added in the coming months.)
- HOW TO CALL: MMAjunkie.com Radio takes phone calls from listeners throughout the show. Call into the MMAjunkie.com Radio hotline at (702) 736-9461 or (702) 736-9463.
- HOW TO CHAT: To chat with the show’s hosts, guests and other MMAjunkie.com Radio listeners, launch the “Combat Chat” feature, which is available on the main radio page. You can discuss the show and even submit a question for the day’s guests while there.
- HOW TO DISCUSS: The MMAjunkie.com MMA Forums has a new section devoted solely to MMAjunkie.com Radio. Stop by the MMAjunkie.com Radio forum to discuss the show, interact with the hosts, suggest future guests and catch up on the latest MMAjunkie.com Radio news.
- HOW TO VISIT THE SHOW: You can watch MMAjunkie.com Radio live and in person at the Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino on the world-famous Las Vegas Strip. The booth is located in the resort’s Race & Sports Book next to the Mandalay Bay poker room. To plan a trip to Sin City and MMAjunkie.com Radio, go to www.mandalaybay.com.
Gegard Mousasi was not pleased to find out about the UFC 176 cancellation through social media.
Last night the UFC broke the news that UFC 176 was scrubbed from the calendar after failing to find a main event to replace Jose Aldo/Chad Mendes 2. Gegard Mousasi was scheduled to be the co-main event opposite fellow middleweight contender Ronaldo Souza, but that fight along with the rest of the card will be rescheduled across several different UFC shows.
All of this was brand new to Mousasi, who pos more
Poor guy is always the last to know...
Gegard Mousasi had no idea his fight against Ronaldo Souza was no longer taking place in Los Angeles.
That is, until he went on social media and discovered the promotion had "postponed" its UFC 176 pay-per-view (PPV) event. That means "The Dreamcatcher," by his own account, trained six weeks "for nothing," and took to his official Facebook page (via James Lynch) to put his employer on blast.
Have a look: And the follow up (via Bloody Elbow): The good news i more
The fight between former Strikeforce champions Ronaldo Souza and Gegard Mousasi that originally was set for the co-main event of UFC 176 now will take place at UFC Fight Night 50. Filed under: MMA Rumors, News, UFC more
The UFC 176 co-main event bout between Ronaldo “Jacare” Souza and Gegard Mousasi, like several other bouts on the cancelled fight card, has already found a new home, as of Wednesday morning. more
The UFC's decision to cancel UFC 176 left co-headliner Gegard Mousasi a little frustrated.
Mousasi, who was scheduled to fight Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza on Aug. 2 in Los Angeles, took to Facebook to voice his displeasure with the way yesterday's news broke: On Wednesday, Mousasi's manager Nima Safapour explained his client's stance:
"Zuffa reached out to us in advance shortly before the media became aware that the event was postponed," he said. "However, due to the time zone differences between Hol more
Gegard Mousasi's manager says his client was in Holland when news broke that UFC 176 had been cancelled, and due to the nine-hour time difference in the U.S., he couldn't reach him to inform him of the news before it made its way online. Gegard Mousasi wasn't too pleased with the fact that he had to rely on social media to discover that his scheduled fight against Ronaldo Souza at UFC 176, which was set to go down on Aug. 2, 2014, was "postponed" due to the cancellation of UFC 176.
"The Dreamcat more
After a big weekend of MMA, MMAjunkie Radio kicks off today at noon ET (9 a.m. PT) with guests Matt Serra, Ray Longo, Eddie Gordon, Chris Holdsworth and Jeff Cain all in studio.Filed under: News, UFC more
MMAjunkie Radio kicks off today at noon ET (9 a.m. PT) with guest Urijah Faber, who got back in the win column with a submission of Alex Caceres at UFC 175.Filed under: MMAjunkie Radio, News, UFC more
MMAjunkie Radio kicks off today at noon ET (9 a.m. PT) with guests Josh Gross and Steven Marrocco.Filed under: MMAjunkie Radio, News, UFC more