Douglas Lima (right) has won his last eight bouts. | Photo: Keith Mills

Douglas Lima has an eight-fight winning streak and a berth in the Bellator Fighting Championships Season 5 welterweight tournament final, but the Atlanta-based Brazilian is not resting on his laurels.

The 23-year-old does not allow himself to look ahead; focusing on the task at hand has allowed him to get to this point. On Saturday at Bellator 57, he will face UFC veteran Ben Saunders in Rama, Ontario, Canada, with the winner receiving $100,000 and a shot at Ben Askren’s 170-pound strap.

“I feel like every fight is the biggest test of my career,” Lima said. “With this next fight, there is a lot on the line. I can’t let the media and the fans stand in the way. It will just keep me worried about everything. I’ve just got to go and fight smart and fight hard.”

That strategy has benefited Lima thus far, as he has notched victories over Steve Carl at Bellator 49 and Chris Lozano at Bellator 53 to set up his showdown with Saunders. Lima, who owns 11 career victories by submission, showcased another aspect of his game in a second-round knockout of Lozano. Lima was rocked early by a right hook from the Cleveland native but recovered to launch an assault of his own for the rest of the opening frame. In round two, Lima crumpled his opponent to the mat with a right hand at the 3:14 mark.

“I was expecting my fight with Chris Lozano to turn into a war. I wanted to keep it standing ... If I had the chance to take him down, I would [have], but I wasn’t gonna force too much on a takedown,” Lima said. “I’m glad everything worked out the way I said it would.”

While pleased with his own performance, the American Top Team Atlanta representative was also a keen observer of Saunders’ triumph over Luis Santos in the other half of the 170-pound bracket. “Killa B” forced Santos to tap to a keylock in the third round for the fifth submission victory of his professional career.

“They’re both good strikers, but I’m glad Ben went to the ground, because now I can see what he can do on the ground. I’m excited to fight him,” Lima said.

Lima has finished 17 of his 20 victories via knockout, technical knockout or submission. Avoiding the judges’ scorecards is something “The Phenom” strives to do each time he sets foot inside the cage, but he also wants to make sure the fans are entertained.

“My goal is to go for all three rounds and do my best to finish, and then I will be happy,” Lima said. “My main goal is to finish the fight in a good way so people can really see that I am for real.”

Bellator 138's Justin Lawrence credits Dominick Cruz for career resurgence, in 'best shape ever' for Sean Wilson fight

The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) alum and UFC veteran, Justin Lawrence, is ready to try his luck with a new promotion this weekend. And we ask him all about it in this exclusive interview. Justin Lawrence read news >>

Bethe Correia signs new 8-fight deal with the UFC

Bethe Correia inked a new contract with the UFC ahead of the biggest fight of her MMA career. The undefeated bantamweight fighter, who takes on UFC 135-pound champion Ronda Rousey at UFC 190 in Rio d read news >>

Fight Path: Bellator 138's Eric Irvin gets shot at the big time on his home turf

Eric Irvin finished his wrestling career at Kansas’ LaBette Community College on a sour note. Tonight, that’s all in the past.Filed under: Bellator, News read news >>

Bellator 138: Michael Chandler def. Derek Campos video highlights

ST. LOUIS – With his career in a tailspin, former lightweight champion Michael Chandler scored a much-needed win and did it in impressive fashion after stopping Derek Campos on Friday at Bellator 138 read news >>

Bellator 139's David Rickels had a career epiphany at Taco Bell

David Rickels, who returns Friday at Bellator 139, was on the verge of leaving the sport for good prior to his most recent fight. However, a visit to Taco Bell unexpectedly forced his priorities back read news >>

Yoel Romero's True Hollywood Story

April 18 should have been the biggest night of Yoel Romero’s professional fighting career. Instead, he was left watching, instead of participating, as three of the top middleweights in the world batt read news >>

Bellator 139's Pat Curran using two-fight losing streak as motivation to 'get it done' against Emmanuel Sanchez at Bella

Former two-time Bellator featherweight champion Pat Curran is mired in a two-fight losing streak. He plans on blocking out the pressure and is motivated to get past Emmanuel Sanchez tonight at Bellat read news >>

Yoel Romero clarifies controversial comments, says they were a 'misunderstanding'

Yoel Romero's biggest career victory soon gave way to online controversy on Saturday night. After Romero finished Lyoto Machida in the third round of their main event at UFC Fight Night 70 in Hollywo read news >>

Yoel Romero is $50,000 richer after vicious knockout of Lyoto Machida

Yoel Romero didn't just earn the biggest win of his career Saturday night. He made some dough, too. "The Soldier of God" earned a $50,000 Performance of the Night bonus with his vicious, ground-and-p read news >>

After winning Dynamite tournament, 'King' Mo Lawal wants Bellator's light heavyweight and heavyweight titles

ST. LOUIS, Mo. -- Bellator light heavyweight 'King' Mo Lawal spoke to MMA Fighting after the press conference announcing the Sept. 19th Dynamite event in San Jose, California. Lawal talked about pote read news >>