Douglas Lima (right) has won his last eight bouts. | Photo: Keith Mills

Douglas Lima has an eight-fight winning streak and a berth in the Bellator Fighting Championships Season 5 welterweight tournament final, but the Atlanta-based Brazilian is not resting on his laurels.

The 23-year-old does not allow himself to look ahead; focusing on the task at hand has allowed him to get to this point. On Saturday at Bellator 57, he will face UFC veteran Ben Saunders in Rama, Ontario, Canada, with the winner receiving $100,000 and a shot at Ben Askren’s 170-pound strap.

“I feel like every fight is the biggest test of my career,” Lima said. “With this next fight, there is a lot on the line. I can’t let the media and the fans stand in the way. It will just keep me worried about everything. I’ve just got to go and fight smart and fight hard.”

That strategy has benefited Lima thus far, as he has notched victories over Steve Carl at Bellator 49 and Chris Lozano at Bellator 53 to set up his showdown with Saunders. Lima, who owns 11 career victories by submission, showcased another aspect of his game in a second-round knockout of Lozano. Lima was rocked early by a right hook from the Cleveland native but recovered to launch an assault of his own for the rest of the opening frame. In round two, Lima crumpled his opponent to the mat with a right hand at the 3:14 mark.

“I was expecting my fight with Chris Lozano to turn into a war. I wanted to keep it standing ... If I had the chance to take him down, I would [have], but I wasn’t gonna force too much on a takedown,” Lima said. “I’m glad everything worked out the way I said it would.”

While pleased with his own performance, the American Top Team Atlanta representative was also a keen observer of Saunders’ triumph over Luis Santos in the other half of the 170-pound bracket. “Killa B” forced Santos to tap to a keylock in the third round for the fifth submission victory of his professional career.

“They’re both good strikers, but I’m glad Ben went to the ground, because now I can see what he can do on the ground. I’m excited to fight him,” Lima said.

Lima has finished 17 of his 20 victories via knockout, technical knockout or submission. Avoiding the judges’ scorecards is something “The Phenom” strives to do each time he sets foot inside the cage, but he also wants to make sure the fans are entertained.

“My goal is to go for all three rounds and do my best to finish, and then I will be happy,” Lima said. “My main goal is to finish the fight in a good way so people can really see that I am for real.”

ONE Championship title holder Bibiano Fernandes insists 'no easy fights' despite unheralded foe

With a 10-fight winning streak to his name, Bibiano Fernandes is generally considered the top bantamweight in the world not currently competing in the UFC. So how does one go about avoiding a defeat read news >>

After Slow Start in Bellator, Ryan Couture Aiming to Get on Track for Title Shot

Following a slow start to his Bellator career, second-generation fighter Ryan Couture is hoping Friday night's fight puts him on the fast track to a title shot. read news >>

Al Iaquinta: I'll be unstoppable when I come back with two healthy knees

Al Iaquinta ended 2015 riding a four-fight winning streak. With things fully clicking in his UFC career, Iaquinta had to put things on hold to have damage to the articular cartilage in his knee.It is read news >>

Ilima-Lei Macfarlane Looking to Finish the Fight at Bellator 148

Following a strong 2-0 start to her professional career, Ilima-Lei Macfarlane is now focused on finishing as she heads into Bellator 148. read news >>

Despite potential for more money, UFC on FOX 18's Rafael Natal won't talk trash

Rafael Natal is riding a three-fight winning streak and has a 6-2 mark since 2013. That puts him in a solid position in the UFC’s middleweight division, but he said he’s not willing to resort to Cono read news >>

Riding 18-Fight Winning Streak, Jimmie Rivera Wants Top 10 Opponent Next

Rising bantamweight Jimmie Rivera wants a top ten-ranked opponent next after defeating number 14-ranked Iuri Alcantara at UFC on FOX 18 on Saturday. read news >>

Tarec Saffiedine explains move to Tristar Gym ahead of UFC on FOX 18 win

Tarec Saffiedine had a five-fight winning streak snapped when he lost to Rory MacDonald at UFC Fight Night 54. Something needed to change for the 29-year-old.Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC Fight Night 82 bonuses: 'Wonderboy' gets $50,000 for biggest win of career

LAS VEGAS – Stephen “Wonderboy” Thompson picked up a $50,000 bonus for his brilliant first-round TKO finish of former champ Johny Hendricks. But who else took home extra checks at UFC Fight Night 82? read news >>

UFC Fight Night 82 post-fight facts: 'Wonderboy' winning at welterweight

Stephen Thompson took out former welterweight champ Johny Hendricks by first-round TKO in Saturday’s UFC Fight Night 82 headliner. Check out all the post-event facts from the show.Filed under: News, read news >>

UFC Fight Night 82 reactions: Winning and losing fighters on social media

Following Saturday’s UFC Fight Night 82, several of the winning and losing fighters, along with their coaches, training partners or family members, took to social media to react to the event or share read news >>