Douglas Lima (right) has won his last eight bouts. | Photo: Keith Mills

Douglas Lima has an eight-fight winning streak and a berth in the Bellator Fighting Championships Season 5 welterweight tournament final, but the Atlanta-based Brazilian is not resting on his laurels.

The 23-year-old does not allow himself to look ahead; focusing on the task at hand has allowed him to get to this point. On Saturday at Bellator 57, he will face UFC veteran Ben Saunders in Rama, Ontario, Canada, with the winner receiving $100,000 and a shot at Ben Askren’s 170-pound strap.

“I feel like every fight is the biggest test of my career,” Lima said. “With this next fight, there is a lot on the line. I can’t let the media and the fans stand in the way. It will just keep me worried about everything. I’ve just got to go and fight smart and fight hard.”

That strategy has benefited Lima thus far, as he has notched victories over Steve Carl at Bellator 49 and Chris Lozano at Bellator 53 to set up his showdown with Saunders. Lima, who owns 11 career victories by submission, showcased another aspect of his game in a second-round knockout of Lozano. Lima was rocked early by a right hook from the Cleveland native but recovered to launch an assault of his own for the rest of the opening frame. In round two, Lima crumpled his opponent to the mat with a right hand at the 3:14 mark.

“I was expecting my fight with Chris Lozano to turn into a war. I wanted to keep it standing ... If I had the chance to take him down, I would [have], but I wasn’t gonna force too much on a takedown,” Lima said. “I’m glad everything worked out the way I said it would.”

While pleased with his own performance, the American Top Team Atlanta representative was also a keen observer of Saunders’ triumph over Luis Santos in the other half of the 170-pound bracket. “Killa B” forced Santos to tap to a keylock in the third round for the fifth submission victory of his professional career.

“They’re both good strikers, but I’m glad Ben went to the ground, because now I can see what he can do on the ground. I’m excited to fight him,” Lima said.

Lima has finished 17 of his 20 victories via knockout, technical knockout or submission. Avoiding the judges’ scorecards is something “The Phenom” strives to do each time he sets foot inside the cage, but he also wants to make sure the fans are entertained.

“My goal is to go for all three rounds and do my best to finish, and then I will be happy,” Lima said. “My main goal is to finish the fight in a good way so people can really see that I am for real.”

UFC Fight Night 96 video highlights: Alex Oliveira vs. Will Brooks

Alex Oliveira picked up the biggest win of his career. Then things got weird. Check out the highlights inside.Filed under: News, UFC, Videos read news >>

Cub Swanson, Doo Ho Choi clash at UFC 206

At UFC 206, Doo Ho Choi will get the biggest test of his career in Cub Swanson, who he's been asking for since his last win.UFC 206 is the UFC's return to Toronto and many are expecting Geo read news >>

Michael Bisping's Top 3 UFC Career Highlights |

Believe it or not, winning the UFC middleweight championship doesn't sit at the top of Michael Bisping's career highlights. read news >>

Hisaki Kato Not Worried About AJ Matthews at Bellator 162 |

Hisaki Kato seeks to keep his winning ways going when he faces AJ Matthews in a main card 185-pound bout at Bellator 162 on Friday in Memphis. read news >>

Tito Ortiz vs. Chael Sonnen Announced for Bellator 170: Comments, Reaction

Bellator will have perhaps the biggest night in its promotion history Jan. 21, when Tito Ortiz and Chael Sonnen headline Bellator 170 in Los Angeles. Scott Coker, Bellator's president, announced the read news >>

Luque Replaces Good at UFC 205

Currently sporting a three-fight winning streak in which he has finished each victory before the final horn, former Ultimate Fighter standout Vicente Luque has now accepted a spot on the historic UFC read news >>

UFC Fight Night 96 results: Andre Fili upsets Hacran Dias for biggest win of MMA career

PORTLAND, Ore. – Andre Fili put Hacran Dias down early and nearly put him away. Filed under: News, UFC read news >>

UFC Fight Night 96 results: So much for the KO streak – Luis Henrique da Silva taps out Joachim Christensen

PORTLAND, Ore. – For a man known for slinging leather, and whose “Frankenstein” nickname comes as much from walking through punches as anything else, Luis Henrique da Silva picked a great time to bec read news >>

Nate Marquardt, 53 Fights Later, Only Getting Better (video) |

Nate Marquardt is 53 fights into his professional career, but he's only getting better. read news >>

Stream or download MMAjunkie Radio #2312 with Josh Thomson and Burt Watson

• a day ago

Stream or download Tuesday’s edition of MMAjunkie Radio with guests Josh Thomson and Burt Watson.Filed under: Bellator, News, Radio read news >>